What is the scariest type of horror movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

allofyousuckkk
Out of all horror movies, which do you think is the scariest type. From 1 being the scariest, move down until you have ten different types. Then write a movie as an example. Here's mine:

1. Being trapped- The Descent
2. Alone with the killers- TCM
3. Cannibals- The Hills Have Eyes
4. Evil Children- Grudge(not a great example, but one that comes to mind)
5. Demons and Possession- The Omen
6. Torture- The Devil's Experiment
7. Ghosts- I can't think of one, amazingly
8. No Escape- Final Destination
9. Pyscho Killers- Halloween
10. Untrained Animals- Cujo, Jaws

maddani
heres a short list
1 zombies dawn of the dead
2 zombies day of the dead
3 zombies shaun of the dead
4 zombies versus
5 zombies night of the living dead
hey what can i say zombie movie are the only movies that scare me !

allofyousuckkk
oh....i actually meant as a whole...but w/e

doomsday49
personally i would put grudge under ghost movies. And the scariest kind are ghost horror for me. The fact that they are intangible and there's nothing you can do to them is the most primal type of fear; fear of the unknown.

deathbycorn
Buried Alive in The Serpant & The Rainbow.

Graveyard Shift
I think psychological movies are the scariest and most effective form of horror movie. Not only do they provide scares, but they disturb you and reach deep into your brain and cause psychological distress for days.

To me, the horror of slashers don't last long after they wear off. Only a movie like Nightmare on elm street that has a disturbing psychological way that the killer gets the job done is an effective slasher.

SelphieT
zombie movies. Especially when its a bad ending and the zombies live and none of the characters survive.

tabby999
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
7. Ghosts- I can't think of one, amazingly

13 Ghosts

Smasandian
Poltergiest for another ghost movie.

SnakeEyes
For me, the horror movies that scare me most are the ones that are most realistic. As in, situations or people that could actually exist in our world and that aren't that far fetched. It's the kind of film that makes me say: "Man, this could actually be happening somewhere right now..." that scares me most.

SelphieT
Originally posted by tabby999
13 Ghosts

please tell me you're talking about the original and not the shitty newer one with Matthew Lillard in it.....

Tyranno-Chris
Scary for me, is something like that taps into your imagination that can really happen, a rabid dodg (cujo), a shark attack (jaws), a serial killer (not like a supernatural one, but serial killers are out there) and being possessed, because demons do exist. That's what's scary for me, it doesn't make me particulary "scared" just a little on edge.

Leathergien
i personally think that torture movies are pretty intense...
and cannibal movies to.... like cannibal holocaust...

zbucsz
****ing zombies when i was a kid i rented r evil 2 and it was stoming out and the first part where the truck blows up and the come i freaked out and didnt play it, and like 2 days later i forget wat movies it was where they are traped on the farm i really have nightmares bout this shit but now i love zombies movie its a love/hate thing but anyways if zombies really do come like forreal im just gonna let one bite me and and turn into one lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.