The Games you WANT remade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Barker
Basically, list any games that you would like remade. barker

It can be for any reason; Mainly, I expect that most would like the Graphics in older games brought up to Current Generation Speed. Maybe you want a game or two to come to a different console for a change. (GTA Gamecube, anyone? no expression)

Just to start things off, It'd really hit the Spot if Final Fantasy IX was indeed redone, and I could stop being teased by Five Year old False Claims. It was the first FF game I really ever played, so, for me, that's my Favorite no matter how many Tiduses or whatever come along. Peferably, it'd be on the PS2, since I have one, and Don't plan on picking up a PS3 for a few years. ermm

(The (Somewhat) new search blows in my opinion. Meh if It's been done.)

(There may be a member or five that hates the idea of remakes, that prefers games as they were originally made. I say, "Meh. It's an Improvement."wink

AstroFan
RE2 and 3

For a series depending so much on atmosphere, remakes to the level of the original would make an awesome collection.

Draco69
Final Fantasy VI.

Crono Trigger and Crono Cross.

Vectorman.

Lana
FFIX, if they could fix the battle system so it's not so damn slow!

I think it would be great if they remade the Lunar games so that they had up-to-date graphics - the cutscenes are great, but the actual gameplay is sprites. Which I love, but I think it'd be awesome for it to be updated.

Skeets
The original Pokemon games in 3d,yeah pokemon...no expression
Basically all the old Rpg games would be great to have them remade with better graphics.

VanillaCocaCola
Quest for Glory 3, Deus Ex 2.

Barker
Originally posted by Lana
FFIX, if they could fix the battle system so it's not so damn slow!
Yeah. The (new) Battlesytem for XII sounds promising. If it works, I'd want it in a Possible remake.

Originally posted by Storm
Battle System

A new battle system has been created for Final Fantasy XII. Influenced
by Square Enix's own Final Fantasy XI and Vagrant Story, the battles
now real-time and take place on the field. No more battle transitions or
victory poses. Gil and experience are gained automatically after an
enemy is dispatched and some even drop items for characters to pick-
up.

I look forward to getting to Lindblum every time I play, with the Shops and things. I'd amaze me if they were to take that a bit further, and make it more Grand Theft Auto-esque. No Car (Airship?) jacking; Just a bigger and more accesable town or whatever. There would be a way to walk from district to district; More people (You could Rob them no expression); and whatever else any Non-Self Declared-Semi Final Fantasy IX Fanboy could think of. no expression

Basically, if you Can't be assed reading this post: New Battle System, and Bigger Towns.

Lana
GTA-style Final Fantasy....

laughing

And someone will probably shoot me for this one, but how great would it be to remake something like Duck Hunt? stick out tongue

Barker
GTA-style Final Fantasy....

laughing

And someone will probably shoot me for this one, but how great would it be to remake something like Duck Hunt? stick out tongue
Not the Game-play, the Towns and whatnot. ermm

I can see Duck Hunt being made for Wii. Don't they have some kind of Add-on to the Remote that makes it like a Gun?

http://revolutionmedia.ign.com/revolution/image/article/707/707077/e3-2006-light-gun-shell-revealed-20060510113630447-000.jpg

Lana
I know what you meant, just the idea amuses the hell out of me stick out tongue

I think so...hehe, I remember playing Duck Hunt when I was about 3 years old and getting all mad and trying to shoot the damn dog.

Impediment
Originally posted by AstroFan
RE2 and 3. For a series depending so much on atmosphere, remakes to the level of the original would make an awesome collection.

Yes! I was so disappointed when I learned that RE2 & 3 weren't going to be remade like RE1. These games would be loads more fun, not that they aren't fun as is.

BackFire
Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Half Life, Starcraft, Final Fantasy VII.

JToTheP
Sonic 3 & Knuckles, 3D KEPT.AS.A.SIDE-SCROLLER.
Super Metroid, same thing.
Tales Of Destiny, Eternia, Phantasia.
Zelda:LTTP, Zelda:OoT
Donkey Kong Country 2 & 3
Super Mario World
Super Mario Bros. 3

JToTheP
Originally posted by Impediment
Yes! I was so disappointed when I learned that RE2 & 3 weren't going to be remade like RE1. These games would be loads more fun, not that they aren't fun as is.

If they remade 2 & 3 it would of delayed 4 even further. 2 is most likely going to be remade for DS anyway, which is an absolute dream considering no game has been made like 2 since.

IceJaw
Originally posted by JToTheP
Sonic 3 & Knuckles, 3D KEPT.AS.A.SIDE-SCROLLER.
Super Metroid, same thing.
Tales Of Destiny, Eternia, Phantasia.
Zelda:LTTP, Zelda:OoT
Donkey Kong Country 2 & 3
Super Mario World
Super Mario Bros. 3

Gregory
Remake all the Resident Evil games RE4-style.

Blanka
starcraft

with better graphics and update battlenet

Flamboyant4Life
Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

stunna1773
Originally posted by Gregory
Remake all the Resident Evil games RE4-style.

read my mind smile

Smasandian
Originally posted by BackFire
Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Half Life, Starcraft, Final Fantasy VII.

You want Half-Life remade?

I dont know about that... atleast just graphically remade?

Swe_Bum
yeah...

Burning thought
Diablo and Diablo 2 perhaps...

te Legacy of Kain series all made in one collectors edition box, all remade with latest graphics and such

jaden101
treasure island dizzy

Quincy Archer
the original Star Wars games for the nes woot

Final Fantasy 7 (Yeah I know how cliche')

Donkey Kong Country

NINJ4_BL4D3
Alex the Kid..............LOL

General Kaliero
I know what you meant, just the idea amuses the hell out of me stick out tongue

I think so...hehe, I remember playing Duck Hunt when I was about 3 years old and getting all mad and trying to shoot the damn dog.

XD Who didn't try to shoot that damn dog? I think I shot at the dog more than the ducks at times...

It'd be fun if Nintendo slapped an enhanced Duck Hunt onto Super Mario Galaxy, ala the old SMB/Duck Hunt NES cartridge.

I'd love a 3D-ized Tales of Phantasia, with an updated manual battle system and complete English voice-acting. Tales of Destiny and Tales of Eternia could do with similar remakes, though Eternia's English voices are just fine.

The rest of the RE series "RE4-ized" and brought graphically up to date would be fun, but I'd rather they just worked on RE5 for now.

Let's see... I could do with a straight remake of StarFox64/Lylat Wars, instead of all this stupid running around business. Updated graphics and sound effects, but the controls and voices still work.

BackFire
Originally posted by Smasandian
You want Half-Life remade?

I dont know about that... atleast just graphically remade?

Yeah, I'd just like to play it with Half Life 2 graphics or something.

Pretty much all the games I'd just want to have graphical overhauls.

Smasandian
Good....I was scared for a second.

You heared about the mod right? Black Mesa Source?

Blank force
vigilante 8
ff 7 or 9
kortor 2

BackFire
Originally posted by Smasandian
Good....I was scared for a second.

You heared about the mod right? Black Mesa Source?

I haven't, is it good?

Ritoshi
Anyone played Vectorman before..I think they should remake it for today!

MadMel
Originally posted by Burning thought
Diablo and Diablo 2 perhaps...

te Legacy of Kain series all made in one collectors edition box, all remade with latest graphics and such
very good idea..

Smasandian
Originally posted by BackFire
I haven't, is it good?

It's not out yet.

But the group is trying to recreate the game competly intact.

I think they're is another one also.

But I have a feeling that it will be a long time from now.

Impediment
Kid Icarus - I love that game
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - My favorite Zelda game. I'd love to see it remade in 3D OOT style.

MadMel
i think i can see kid icarus happening, since pit has been put on the SSBB list...good chance of it happening..

JToTheP
Red Alert 1 for DS, every element of the PC version, with Wi-Fi skirmish, and maybe some new campaign missions for each side! big grin

SaTsuJiN
I want final fantasy 6 redone with current or next-gen graphics... that game is so movie worthy... and maybe redo chrono trigger with a realistic style.. that'd be interesting

there are also a few 2d fighters that I wish were done in high quality 3d

Lyna303
Originally posted by Blanka
starcraft

with better graphics and update battlenet
agreed yes

Swe_Bum
Maybe Metroid, Metroid 2 and Super Metroid With newer Graph smile
That would be so awesome eek! big grin

General Kaliero
Personally, I think a great deal of 2D games could benifit from the "Sonic Rush" or "New SMB" treatment, keeping gameplay essentially the same but giving a graphical overhaul.

The DS needs such a Super Metroid remake.

Swe_Bum
YES!!! omfg YES!! Thats what they need to do!!

Red Superfly
The original Metal Gear games from the NES/MSX days would be good.

crazy_shadow
legend of legaias graphics...AMAZING story and gameplay + battle system, ICKY graphics

JToTheP
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I want final fantasy 6 redone with current or next-gen graphics... that game is so movie worthy... and maybe redo chrono trigger with a realistic style.. that'd be interesting

there are also a few 2d fighters that I wish were done in high quality 3d

Well 5 & 6 are being remade for GBA, so that every original FF will be on GBA now, save for 3. I suppose if 3 sells really well maybe SquareEnix will decide to remake others on the DS.

JToTheP
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Personally, I think a great deal of 2D games could benifit from the "Sonic Rush" or "New SMB" treatment, keeping gameplay essentially the same but giving a graphical overhaul.

The DS needs such a Super Metroid remake.

Actually, I'd be to terrified to have Super Metroid ruined on the DS due to the failure that is First Hunt, IMO. I doubt they would keep it a 2D scroller either, even though 3D graphics on 2D backgrounds would be best.

Now IF they do 3D graphics on a 2D background, I'm ALL over it.

BackFire
Oh, how could I forget, Resident Evil 2.

JToTheP
Thank you, RE2 should join RE on DS, two classics remade on DS=win.

They should put in the Randomizer mode from N64, and the DC/PC Hard modes on RE2 DS. Maybe a REmake mode like RE1 also.

BackFire
RE2 on the DS would be kinda cool, but I was talking about RE2 on one of the new generation systems, imagine RE2 with Xbox 360 graphics and RE4 style gameplay. Awesome.

Ushgarak
Lords of Midnight.

Though they kind of already did with Midwinter. But then, Midwinter is some 16 years old itself now, so they can remake that as well.

AND the sequel to Midwinter, which is the ancestor od Deus Ex/Elder Scrolls and what not; the first ever real 'go and do your thing' game.

SaTsuJiN
Thank you, RE2 should join RE on DS, two classics remade on DS=win.

They should put in the Randomizer mode from N64, and the DC/PC Hard modes on RE2 DS. Maybe a REmake mode like RE1 also.

hmm.. I was 'really' disappointed with the multiplayer mode for RE on the ds... so many possibilities... and they even copped out with showing everyone on the screen.. you got replaced with a star.. /sigh

I mean the single player content is good, but I gotta have my multiplayer fix @_@

JToTheP
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
hmm.. I was 'really' disappointed with the multiplayer mode for RE on the ds... so many possibilities... and they even copped out with showing everyone on the screen.. you got replaced with a star.. /sigh

I mean the single player content is good, but I gotta have my multiplayer fix @_@

I never got to play it, nobody in my neighborhood had RE: DS apparently. It wasn't Wi-Fi I missed out. I heard of it though.

Besides, RE should of never had multi-player if it couldn't hold up very well. If you want decent online RE gameplay buy RE:O, the first is greatest hits now anyway.

Darth Jello
the first two zelda games and every castlevania game from the past, plus the ones that haven't been released in the US. Also the kid icarus games, faxanadu, and the startropics duology

Draco69
Streets of Rage!!

God! Was I the only one with a Sega Genesis?!?!

JToTheP
Why remake 1? 2, and 3 are the best, the Kangeroo is one of the best code-cheats since the Konami code to this day.

Tha C-Master
Battletoads, Duke 3d

Darth Kreiger
Don't know if it's been said, but Star Wars Galaxies, differant company, Sony is known for ruining games, only they can take THE best idea possible, and turn it to crap

StinkFist462
Besides, RE should of never had multi-player if it couldn't hold up very well. If you want decent online RE gameplay buy RE:O, the first is greatest hits now anyway.

oh god that game was horrible. i dont even think its worht the 20$.

RE:2 needs to be remade.

mysterio69
legend of zelda lttp, oot, and majora's mask

JToTheP
Originally posted by StinkFist462
oh god that game was horrible. i dont even think its worht the 20$.

RE:2 needs to be remade.

You apparently never played the original before the REmake, so you are wrong there indeed.

If anything REbirth mode was what was wrong, that valve puzzle was murder to the touch screen.

Classic mode was and always will be classic and perfect.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
Don't know if it's been said, but Star Wars Galaxies, differant company, Sony is known for ruining games, only they can take THE best idea possible, and turn it to crap

Actually, they weren't there for the inception.

Fact is, the idea isn't actually very good. The OT Star Wars Galaxy is not actually an ideal MMO setting.

Blanka
starcraft with good graphics

newavenger13
dynasty warriors 1-5

Blanka
agreed dynasy warriors should have been more realistic a

newavenger13
dw was good but better game play

Blanka
i think the gameplay was alright

newavenger13
no it was to easy

Blanka
true

newavenger13
dam r am true

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Actually, they weren't there for the inception.

Fact is, the idea isn't actually very good. The OT Star Wars Galaxy is not actually an ideal MMO setting.

I disagree, it has a lot of potential, and if done right, would be a HUGE success, it could top WoW

And who wasn't there for the Inception? Sony?

newavenger13
ya

Blanka
streetfighter 3 should of have blanka and all the chracter from streetfight 2

amity75
Any of the classic ZX Spectrum games. 3D Ant Attack, Knightlore, Attic Attack. Things like that.

Inspectah Deck
donkey knog country

SaTsuJiN
classic blizzard games with wifi compatibility would kick a ton of ass

DarkC
The first House of the Dead.

killphil
I would love to see my all time favorite RPG series get a modern remake: The Lunar series. But..I'm quite protective of those games and would hate to lose the original voice actors, the story itself, or the music. In fact the music should be ported over EXCACTLY like it was. And I want the music from the original Sega CD version of Lunar 1, NOT the PS1/Sega Saturn remake score.

Also, Silent Hill 1 needs a remake, but again, get the original voice actors back if they can, and the sound FX/music was just fine the 1st time around, so keep that. Maybe throw some more alternate endings as well. All the endings in SH1 are basically the same (except the UFO ending of course) they just get slightely downgraded the worse ending you get. And add some more elements to bring more clarity to the story too.

Spartan005
Red Alert 1 for DS, every element of the PC version, with Wi-Fi skirmish, and maybe some new campaign missions for each side! big grin

eekYou Frikin Read My Mind...

That would be amazing

Bicnarok
ROAD RASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.