Do animals (besides humans) dream?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flamboyant4Life
Just curious...

Quiero Mota
Yes.

Impediment
Its been said to. Animals, like humans, have REM while sleeping, which is evidence of dreams.

K.Diddy
huh Who cares

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by K.Diddy
huh Who cares

Flamboyant4Life, obviously.

Impediment
huh Who cares

Apparently, the individual who made this thread, and those who have already posted here. We care. Nya Nya na boo...................... stick out tongue

bigbran
Yes, my dog has nightmares all the time.
She woofs, and kicks, and stuff like that.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by bigbran
She woofs, and kicks, and stuff like that.

What the f**k?

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Impediment
Apparently, the individual who made this thread, and those who have already posted here. We care. Nya Nya na boo...................... stick out tongue

no expression oh,okay

Impediment
I was making an attempt to act as childish as you do. I failed.

bigbran
Originally posted by Impediment
I was making an attempt to act as childish as you do. I failed. It's nearly impossible.

it's not easy pulling off a K. diddy.

K.Diddy
It's nearly impossible.

it's not easy pulling off a K. diddy.

laughing out loud Another happy fan

Flamboyant4Life
She woofs, and kicks, and stuff like that. Yeah, same here. That's where I got the idea from.

bigbran
Originally posted by Flamboyant4Life
Yeah, same here. That's where I got the idea from. What kind of dog do you have?

Quiero Mota
What the f**k?

Its true, though. It's no different than people talking and moving while asleep.

Just like Impediment pointed out: they're also REM sleepers.

bigbran
What the f**k? Not everyone of us has a dingo.

Captain REX
no expression oh,okay

You ***** and moan about people ruining your threads, don't ruin others.

bigbran
Originally posted by Captain REX
You ***** and moan about people ruining your threads, don't ruin others. You should see what happened to his last thread...

cking
all dogs dream about is eating, craping, and chasing the neighbors cat.

Impediment
But its still dreaming.

bigbran
Originally posted by cking
all dogs dream about is eating, craping, and chasing the neighbors cat. Then why do they have nghtmares?

cking
probably because the owner feeds them off brand dog food.

fini
hmmm animals definitely have dreams.

LOL it was fun to watch my dogs when they were dreaming, the only dog that is alive now, she wags her tail and stuff while dreaming, its funny

WHAT IS strange though is that 1 week old puppies have dreams too. They are deaf (ish) and blind.......... what on earth DO they dream?????

GCG
Yes they do; I have seen dogs and cats twitch in their sleep. I think it dreams or nightmares.

ThePittman
Yep, they do dream.

Syren
Originally posted by fini
hmmm animals definitely have dreams.

LOL it was fun to watch my dogs when they were dreaming, the only dog that is alive now, she wags her tail and stuff while dreaming, its funny

WHAT IS strange though is that 1 week old puppies have dreams too. They are deaf (ish) and blind.......... what on earth DO they dream?????

Could it be that they are experiencing the feelings/thoughts that they had before they were actually born?

fini
ooo utero dreams huh

Syren
Well, foetuses have awareness, right? confused

Mindship
Originally posted by fini

Basically, any creature with sufficient gray matter is gonna dream about whatever is important in its world, about whatever has its attention when not asleep.

Flamboyant4Life
What kind of dog do you have? Beagle/Jack-Russell Terrier mix.

Bardock42
What I always wondered was that: Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep?

Myers Man
There is no way to tell if animals dream.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Myers Man
There is no way to tell if animals dream.

Yeah, I mean there's not even a way to tell if humans dream...I couldn't even tell if I actually dream...

debbiejo
Then why do they have nghtmares? How do you know they are nightmares???

Yes, I believe they do dream....my dog certainly acted like she did..

bigbran
Originally posted by debbiejo
How do you know they are nightmares???

Yes, I believe they do dream....my dog certainly acted like she did.. Well when a dog, is twitching and woofing, you got to think she has a nightmare.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Captain REX
You ***** and moan about people ruining your threads, don't ruin others.

confused I do?

~Flamboyant~
Originally posted by Myers Man
There is no way to tell if animals dream. There are ways. With modern neurology. I'm pretty sure.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by ThePittman
Yep, they do dream.

smile Sorry,but you dont know that for sure

Penelope
I think my cat has dreams sometimes.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Bardock42
What I always wondered was that: Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep?

I played that once on a lute like a bard of old... "Do Androids dream of electric sheep, tra la la la la la la..."

Sadly while I think it would have been a hit in Medieval England (and maybe France) it was less well recieved by the member of the music class (though I did get the laughs I was looking for.)

Nazgulinthedark
My cat twitches in it's sleep sometimes. It does that rapid eye movement thing. I assume that's a sign of dreams and/or nightmares

Remulous
yup,my dog does the runnig motions when he is sleep some times

marcu
My dog dreams

meep-meep
Originally posted by ~Flamboyant~
Just curious...

I'd say yes. Although I don't have evidence to back it up. The way dogs and cats somtimes twitch in their sleep kind of leads me to believe the are dreaming about something. I'm sure the same goes for other animals. I'd be willing to bet higher primates like chimps and gorillas have dreams almost if not as vivid as we sometimes have.

Brit_chick
Yes, my cat mews and twitches in her sleep i'm sure she's dreaming.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.