Kenobi, Obi-Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JaehSkywalker
noticed something bout him in PT...

1>> too serious..

2,3>> loosens up... cracks jokes and stuff

he ain't consistent... erm well.. umm... people change, but still...

Blue_Hefner
I only liked Oafy Wan in TPM and ROTS for some reason.

Akira99
Yeah I get what you mean. He pissed me off quite a bit for some reason in ep2 and 3. He was just not what I expected at all and was annoying. It must have been because of his relationship with Ani - not the brotherly type I had hoped for.
Maybe I'm just slow but I had difficulty seeing that it was the same actor who played Kenobi in ep 1 as 2 - I was only 10/11 at time]

AstroFan
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker

1>> too serious..

I think it is because who he is paired with, QGJ didnt seem like a joker type, though Obi did crack a few in TPM. But Anakin was more like a little brother, so he felt free to have fun with him.

chinabing
Well Obi did say "the negotiations were short."

I didn't really get the ROTS joke in the elevator when Anakin said "No loose wire jokes" and Obi says "I didn't say anything!"

Tangible God
Originally posted by Akira99
Yeah I get what you mean. He pissed me off quite a bit for some reason in ep2 and 3. He was just not what I expected at all and was annoying. It must have been because of his relationship with Ani - not the brotherly type I had hoped for.
Maybe I'm just slow but I had difficulty seeing that it was the same actor who played Kenobi in ep 1 as 2 - I was only 10/11 at time] Yeah, me too actually.

exanda kane
He had a different role as a character in the PT and OT, in the OT he was the mythical wizard character who was wise and friendly, in the PT he serves a more complicated purpose (a problem with alot of the PT elements).

We can't expect to really stay the same, but I do not like the way he is looked to be made a fool of compared to Anakin (his fighting prowess and piloting skills etc). Obi-Wan is a character we can empathise much more with, and Anakin is quite a dislikable character, even if its not meant to be that way, which makes all that seem wasted on Anakin.

Caledor
Originally posted by chinabing
I didn't really get the ROTS joke in the elevator when Anakin said "No loose wire jokes" and Obi says "I didn't say anything!"

Obi-Wan Kenobi usually makes those half humours, witty jokes such as "not to worry, we're still flying half a ship" or "another happy landing". Anakin was supposedly expecting another one.

chinabing
Originally posted by Caledor
Obi-Wan Kenobi usually makes those half humours, witty jokes such as "not to worry, we're still flying half a ship" or "another happy landing". Anakin was supposedly expecting another one. Yea, I like that witty aspect of Obi-Wan.

Something about R2 & loose wires. I feel as if I've heard only half the joke, that's all!

Darth Kreiger
The dialogue sucked for most of that movie(and the rest of the PT), especially at the beginning with Obi-Wan.

I find that Ep1 had the best dialogue overall(in the PT), on the exception of Little Ani, and Jar-Jar, how ironic

Alliance
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker

1>> too serious..

He doesnt have to be consistant...12 years pass and a galactic war happens.

Obi-Wan grows confidnece and grows up. He later takes laughs at himself.

Sith Master X
Oh my god, the "dialogue sucked" remark is getting so old now. sleepy It's sci fi for goodness sake. It doesn't need to be taken so seriously.

JaehSkywalker
I was just asking... erm

besides, i like Obi at pt, i was juz asking why he's like that...

i like his jokes.. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.