Doc. Samsons strength level?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
I was just on Marvel.com and they list Doc as being only able to lift 25 tons and the Handbook has him listed as level 5 in strength. And it's also been stated in a comic that he can lift 25 tons.

That sounds kinda low however to me what do you guys think?

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Doc_Samson

badabing
Is that a typo? I always thought Samson was at 70-75 tons.
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/d/docsamson.htm

Broly92
it depends on his hair length like in DBZ

Long Hair= More Power yes

General Kon-El
"Doc Samson possesses superhuman strength, endurance, and durability. His skin and muscles have been fortified by gamma radiation, and is resistant to injury from gunfire. However, his strength is proportionate to the length of his hair."

We NORMALLY see him with long hair, that's why it's supposed to be 75 tons. But i guess marvel.com put 25 tons when that's his shortest hair length is. i dunno erm

snoopdogg
Originally posted by badabing
Is that a typo? I always thought Samson was at 70-75 tons.
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/d/docsamson.htm This comic here says 25 tons.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/sentinel13iu.jpg

badabing
Well ain't this a kick in the ass. Has he recently been depowered?

Maestro
Originally posted by snoopdogg
This comic here says 25 tons.

75 tons, unless all his fights with Hulk were major PIS.

General Kon-El
"Well ain't this a kick in the ass. Has he recently been depowered?"

Naw cuz his hair is shorter in that comic. Marvel.com said "However, his strength is proportionate to the length of his hair"

Whittdawg92
yeah, that's kinda retarded, but it's seriously true that his haair length is how strong he is. if he looked like an ass-length hair hippie, he might be able to fight hulk, until hulk rips his hair out like a cat fight.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by General Kon-El
"Well ain't this a kick in the ass. Has he recently been depowered?"

Naw cuz his hair is shorter in that comic. Marvel.com said "However, his strength is proportionate to the length of his hair" Yea but it says he can lift up to 25 tons. This is indeed odd. Level 5 is 25-75 tons.

snoopdogg
I should have put this in the comic book section actually.

Jonathanos
There's a Samson capability thread on (S)HC.

At one time, Samson was said (by Vision) to be one of the ten strongest guys on Earth. Samson is in Thing's class of strength, in my estimation. IMO, he's quite a bit more durable than Thing, considering the number of times he's stood toe-to-toe with the Hulk and not been kayoed.

bigbran
Wrong forum.
And he has fought with hulk numerous times.
So I wouldn't consider him that weak.
He would have to be around 70 to 80 tons.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Jonathanos
There's a Samson capability thread on (S)HC.

At one time, Samson was said (by Vision) to be one of the ten strongest guys on Earth. Samson is in Thing's class of strength, in my estimation. IMO, he's quite a bit more durable than Thing, considering the number of times he's stood toe-to-toe with the Hulk and not been kayoed. There is a Samson thread here also.

When Champion came to Earth to fight Earths strongest heroes he was chosen so yes he would be top 10.

Grimm22
Current Samson is around 75-80 tons.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Grimm22
Current Samson is around 75-80 tons. Well imo Samson is class 70 as the old handbook from the 80's states. Unless someone can prove he is stronger somewhere. There is actually more evidence that he's class 25 but that seems a bit too low.

Grimm22
Well imo Samson is class 70 as the old handbook from the 80's states. Unless someone can prove he is stronger somewhere. There is actually more evidence that he's class 25 but that seems a bit too low.

Eh, the 80's handbooks also say that it took Wolverine months to heal from a serious samuari fight and that he has strength below peak human.

So yeah...

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Grimm22
Eh, the 80's handbooks also say that it took Wolverine months to heal from a serious samuari fight and that he has strength below peak human.

So yeah... Yea but unless somebody has something more recent that's all we have to go by. Unless you wanna use the current handbooks or Marvel.com.

Accel
There is a Samson thread here also.

When Champion came to Earth to fight Earths strongest heroes he was chosen so yes he would be top 10.
It's the same thread. I basically posted the scans form the other one, but I did give credit where credit is due.
Well imo Samson is class 70 as the old handbook from the 80's states. Unless someone can prove he is stronger somewhere. There is actually more evidence that he's class 25 but that seems a bit too low.
In that pic, his hair is fairly short, so the statement about him being Class 25 there is probably not too far off. Most of the time, we see him with much longer hair in a pony tail. During those times, he would be Class 75 or higher.

Nogoodnamesleft
I think that one thing that pisses me off about Marvel is that they're always trying to find excuses to power their characters down instread of making them mighty enough to compete with DC. IMO they should make Samson able to lift 75-90 tons w/ his hair at his average (below shoulders) length hair, maybe 50-60 tons w/ short hair, and 100+ with long hair.

General Kon-El
Well imo Samson is class 70 as the old handbook from the 80's states. Unless someone can prove he is stronger somewhere. There is actually more evidence that he's class 25 but that seems a bit too low. it is, i mean the way he took punches from hulk and hung around with him that long. It's odd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doc_Samson Wiki states he is Class 70

"Doc Samson possesses superhuman physical abilities slightly less than a non-enraged Hulk (Around the "70 ton" range.). "

Marvel Directory states he's Class 70 too
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/d/docsamson.htm

complexbrother
has he been depowered ? because in the marvel universe handbook and the website it says that he can lift around 70 tons . http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/d/docsamson.htm

JOE NUNEZ
In the comics it appears more like he could lift 90 tons...

Jyppe
Wasn't Samson holding Hercules back in the newest Civil War issue? That's something I doubt a 70 tonner could do as Hercules is high(est?) 100 tonner. Hercules was able to struggle free, but it looked like he was having problems with Samson.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Jyppe
Wasn't Samson holding Hercules back in the newest Civil War issue? That's something I doubt a 70 tonner could do as Hercules is high(est?) 100 tonner. Hercules was able to struggle free, but it looked like he was having problems with Samson.

Herc was fighting She-Hulk and Samson at the same time no expression

manjaro
i remeber about 1 year and a half ago someone dug up an old campy power rating that marvel used to publish at the back of thier comics back in the day.. and it showed a list of all the powerhouses in rows depending on theor Str. lvl and all the characters at cutesy little one liners, and in it doc sampson said "im strong as hulk in a calm state"...which is about 70-75 tons. and its been in the last 7-8 years they retconned his strentgh in proportion to the lentgh of his hair, so maybe if he took a page outta the book of bob marley he could be the strongest mofo on the planetbig grin

General Kon-El
Oh well, who cares? People on KMC always overpower the characters in their threads anyways. laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic)

olympian
This comic here says 25 tons.

I may need a coffe or two to wake up but....where does it says hes only a 25 tonner there? The fact he didnt do much against that Sentinel? (thats a question btw, since i cant tell from that page alone).

His hair was fairly short, and considering what he has done, i dont know if even with that factor id call it a low showing.

And handbooks are wrong again, as usual. Samson has slugged out punch by punch with the Hulk, wich is something that usually a character like Ben, doesnt often do. Sure, hes not a match or anything, but hes not far off. Id say Thing level or even sligthy above without counting the hair being short.

olympian
Originally posted by Jyppe
While Samson isent a walkover, i viewed it more as Hercules paying attention to how Cap was doing against IM and Spiderman. In the panel Samson is doing the headlock, we see Herc warning Cap about a sneak attack.

But yes, point taken. Hes not that low. He has in fact better feats than Ben all around.

And just for the fanboy in me, Herc in that issue went against WonderMan, Samson, She Hulk and Spiderman.

Now, cheers. Another coffe on the way.

golem370
But remember that Namor Hercules and Wonder Man when Samson first appeared on the scene in the book he was angry and shouting at Iron Man and Wonder Man and a fight started and Hercules Namor and I believe Wonder Man dog piled on top of Samson and he threw them off.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by olympian
I may need a coffe or two to wake up but....where does it says hes only a 25 tonner there? The fact he didnt do much against that Sentinel? (thats a question btw, since i cant tell from that page alone).

His hair was fairly short, and considering what he has done, i dont know if even with that factor id call it a low showing.

And handbooks are wrong again, as usual. Samson has slugged out punch by punch with the Hulk, wich is something that usually a character like Ben, doesnt often do. Sure, hes not a match or anything, but hes not far off. Id say Thing level or even sligthy above without counting the hair being short.

Olymps the Sentinnels says he can lift 25 tons ....

B dot Rob
Samson should be 75-100 tons as he's stated to be equal to base Hulk.

Dinalfos
If he's equal to Hulk's base strength(which he is), then he's easily class 100. I'm assuming nobody is buying that crap about Hulk being in the 70 ton range at base. It may have been true for pre-classic Savage Hulk, though. But even that's unlikely.

MightyEInherjar
What comic is it that has Champion coming to pick the 10 strongest? I remember hearing about it, I just've never seen it. Scans?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.