Craven to remake his back catalogue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
CRAVEN REMAKES ENTIRE LIBRARY
by Alex Riviello

Source: Variety

08.17.2006 -

While we already dropped the bad news that a remake of Last House on the Left was in talks, but it's been finally made official- Rogue Pictures is making the film. Wes Craven, Marianne Maddalena and Sean S. Cunningham are producing... and usually that would be a good sign but let's not forget what happened with the Hills remake...

No word on potential director or stars, but it's going to start filming the beginning on 2007.

That that's not enough for the creatively challenged movie producers out there, though, oh no. Because Craven is also in talks to produce remakes of Shocker and The People Under the Stairs.

My thoughts? Perhaps Craven has finally realized that his recent work is all shit, and is going back to get whatever money he can out of his good movies. (And yes, I consider The People Under the Stairs one of his better movies...)

BackFire
I'm actually really intrigued by the idea of remaking last house... I think the original is excellent for what it is, but I think it could be vastl improved.

tabby999
i dunno, i think Craven could be just trying to suck the last bit of cash out of what he can before people stop listening to him, like Papabeard said, his recent stuff was weak

Wolfie
He isn't out of ideas, is he? There's always Scream 4.

"A monkey?! Dammit, Wes, you're not even trying anymore!"

stick out tongue

C-Dic
Bah. "Scream" is over and done with. It's been copied, parodied, and stretched too thin as it is. As far remaking dudes like "Shocker"..why? "TPUTS" was just goofy early 90's fare that people nominally like.

He just just stick to producing...

ladygrim
Originally posted by tabby999
i dunno, i think Craven could be just trying to suck the last bit of cash out of what he can before people stop listening to him, like Papabeard said, his recent stuff was weak yes extremly true ... ..

Wolfie
Originally posted by C-Dic
Bah. "Scream" is over and done with. It's been copied, parodied, and stretched too thin as it is. As far remaking dudes like "Shocker"..why? "TPUTS" was just goofy early 90's fare that people nominally like.

He just just stick to producing...
I was kidding. That was the whole "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" thing.

Scream is done and I'll be very happy if it stayed that way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.