The heart = Liz Possible Spoilers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LovelyOne
The heart in the movie was meant to resemble Liz..and Jack REALLY wants to be the "key to her heart" and not find the actual key itself. thats why his compass was pointing to her instead of the location of the REAL key. So by going to Tia he learns how to get the REAL key and in turn he learns how to be the "key to her heart"(tia helps him in both ways)

JACK SPARROW:
We're looking for this. And what it
goes to.(key)

TIA DALMA
The Compass you bartered from me. It
cannot lead you to dis?

JACK SPARROW
Maybe. Why?

TIA DALMA
Ayeee... Jack Sparrow does not know
what he wants! Or... do know, but are
loathe to claim it as your own. Your
key go to a chest, and it is what lay
inside the chest you seek, don't it?

basically meaning Liz...he wants to win her heart over but doesn't know how the hell to do it..and he's having trouble removing William from the equation..she says YOUR key and not THE key..she says A CHEST not THE chest..he wants to be the KEY TO HER HEART! THAT is what the compass is telling him...and I think he knows thats what it is..because he said "maybe..why?" and when she basically says out loud what he's trying to do he barly raises an eyebrow..he wants help in more ways than one..

Towards the end when Will comes back ..He HAS the key so he "IS" the key to her heart..but he's more concerned about saving his dad so he loses it to Jack. This moment resembles what HAPPENED in the movie..he wasnt there for her he was with his dad and Jack moved in on her and she started to gain feelings for him Then all three men fight for that key..Jack wins it and becomes the key to her heart (learns how to love her) and WINS THE HEART OVER.. he has the heart and when he sees Will trying to get at it..he viciously SMACKS HIM OVER THE HEAD with an oar...."dont touch Liz she's MINE!" which symbloizes how much he wants him out of the way when it comes to Liz.. Also symbolizes that he HAs won her over Will..

POSSIBLE SPOILER:
What happens next with the heart might be a hint as to what is going to happen in the next movie with Sao feng who works for the the EITC..Liz gets kidnapped by him apparently..and Norrington has a big part to play in that happening..Also apparently Jack foolishly gives her over to Sao feng thinking that she will be safe with him for one night and that he will see her again the next day..but finds out later that she Isn't safe at all..Jack foolishly thinks the heart is safe in the Jar. But when he realizes that its gone and that its not safe at all he is an emotional wreck.....

Now this is whats making me worried with what Disney might do with the love triangle..Jack realises how much Liz means to him once she is in danger in this movie..he goes to rescue her which is what he might do in the next one..she is greatful but she choses to save WILL..She accepts that she loves Jack..but choses to "save Will"..and Jack ACCEPTS IT and DIES so that they can be safe..So me thinks in movie 3. Liz might Accept that she loves Jack but choose Will to save Will from his "destiny"and Jack will accept the choice in movie 3 Basically a pity pairing..Jack calls her a pirate..she looks at him as if to say "no thats not what I want" and she runs off...so maybe she Will go back to a crappy life with Will roll eyes (sarcastic)

I hope to god Jack wont Die and do the honorable thing so he can save the Will/Liz's partnership..

If so thanks Disney for getting everyone hyped up with a Jack/Liz pairing and then spectacularyly dashing their hopes.. mad

taliakai
WOW!

willofthewisp
Jack cannot die because he's Captain Jack Sparrow! Savvy?

Couldn't resist. Let's hope for the best, and if worse comes to worse, at least we know they had their moments on the Pearl.

LovelyOne
Yeh thats true..But everything that happened with the heart and how Jack reacted once it was in danger..and then what happened after he saved it seems as if its going to be echoed later on he might not die that might just mean..he'll do the "right thing" and save Will from his Davy Destiny by allowing Liz to be with him even though its not what their hearts really want.....which just plain sucks laughing out loud

but seriously...a PITY pairing?? what a whimper to go out on laughing out loud

that ending would mean they both did the honorable thing to save another person though...both redeem themselves..Liz will be redeemed for what she did to Jack..and Jack will mend the huge wound he gave to Will by taking Liz from him.liz/Jack both being together can be cast as a selfish thing whilst the other person gets hurt...

LovelyOne
but then THAT would mean Will is being selfish by keeping Liz whislt her heart REALLY wants Jack and vise versa. So then He might just let her go with Jack..that way Jack would be happy..Will would be happy and so would Liz..Will's dad seems to be what he cares about most now..

oh feck this man its too hard to understand what the hell is going on * goes and hides in a corner*

LovelyOne
What also makes me crack up with this whole becoming the key to her heart thing..is that when Jack wins it and proudly puts it around his neck he falls right into a grave laughing out loud we all know what that symbloizes..Jack gets PULLED OUT (of purgatory) by the wheel.. loses the key..but actually gets it again and wins the heartlaughing out loud

katelovespirate
yeah i think the grave is symbolic. foreshadows the fact that just after the kiss Jack dies.

But Jack won't die again if Johnny keeps talking about a 4th film. PERSONALLY< I dont think any of the 3 main characters will die.

I just cant conclusively decide what they would do with Will if they did decide to put Jack and Liz together. I mean, if they dont, they can somewhat easily (though irritatingly) explain away Jack's attraction and have him sail away on his ship, whereas with Will, his whole character sort of revolves round Liz, except for his dad. I dont know. It would just sort of kill the point to his character if he loses, cause who cares about his dad. LOL. I dont knw. thats the thing i have the hardesst time with. Maybe they would kill Will. smile

LovelyOne
Originally posted by katelovespirate
yeah i think the grave is symbolic. foreshadows the fact that just after the kiss Jack dies.

But Jack won't die again if Johnny keeps talking about a 4th film. PERSONALLY< I don't think any of the 3 main characters will die.

I just cant conclusively decide what they would do with Will if they did decide to put Jack and Liz together. I mean, if they don't, they can somewhat easily (though irritatingly) explain away Jack's attraction and have him sail away on his ship, whereas with Will, his whole character sort of revolves round Liz, except for his dad. I don't know. It would just sort of kill the point to his character if he loses, cause who cares about his dad. LOL. I don't knw. thats the thing i have the hardesst time with. Maybe they would kill Will. smile

the 4th film may be a prequel..

With Will though, his dad was the most important thing in his life since before he even met Liz. I think he's going to choose his dad over her..or his dad will make him realise that Liz isn't the thing he needs to be happy or what ever....I hope thats what happens anyway..

Being/meeting a pirate was the most important thing in Liz's life before she even met Will..so I can understand thats it's where her heart truly lies..

And with Jack..its clear from movie 1 that he really wants love in life (the dog and his bone) but is afraid of it..so its only natural that he would want the one person who has faith in him even though she's seen him at his weakest and knows he's not really the legend he claims to be...he's more lucky than brave...until she steps into his life that is

don't you think it would be so much better to just give all the characters what they want at the end? laughing out loud give the dog his bone for gods sake laughing out loud..which the dog does have in its mouth at the end when it was sitting on the thrown resembling Jack..

lovethemtigers
I've said this before....maybe Will will bow out gracefully - realizing he doesn't want to be with someone who secretly longs to be with someone else....Maybe there will be another girl that catches Will's eye - I read somewhere on another thread where we talked about first love's - I mean there are not many people who end up with their first love - many times a first love is more like puppy love and then one meets their soul mate and discover deep, true adult love...to me Jack is Elizabeth's soul mate and Liz is Jack's soulmate....Peas in a Pod, We are very much alike you and I, I-you, Us...you will come over to my side, I know it....because you and I are alike....etc.....there are just so many clues (ALL CLUES POINT TO JACK AND LIZ) that makes the audience focus on Jack and LIz....The compass being the main item of symbolism is this movie...What does Lord Beckett want - the compass, What does Tia ask Jack about - the compass...What does Will want from Jack the compass....who does Jack give the compass to? ELIZABETH - he actually hands over his prized possession to LIz....And what does the compass do when Liz holds it? Points to Jack.....then in the end Jack is on his way to safety - LAND - the Kracken is attacking the pearl, what does Jack do - he pulls out the compass...and we are to assume that it points back to the Black Pearl and Liz...cuz who does he show up next to on the Pearl - LIZ....I know Will loves Liz...besides if this is the end of the trilogy...what becomes of Will's purpose doesn't really matter much...maybe we can assume that he'll meet another girl and fall in love or maybe they'll introduce one into the story near the end...but I for one will be very disappointed if Disney backtracks and puts Liz settling for Will again...when we all know she really wants Jack...but I can see where you are coming from LovelyOne about them sacrificing their love for Will - but that just makes Will even more Wimpy....I would have more respect for Will if he recognizes the love between Jack and Liz and bows out gracefully and be happy with himself....Come on Disney.....And the only way Disney will make a fourth movie would be because of Johnny Depp so Jack Sparrow has to be in the 4th movie - but according to an article I read with an interview with Jerry - he says that the story is going to come to an end in POTC 3 - and that he knows Johnny would like to do a 4th one - but it would have to be totally separte from the trilogy, if they even did one....

evilm0nki3
Hey LovelyOne! I was on the message boards on yahoo and this girl pasted your theories on there and gave the link to where she got them and it was another forum haha You visit many forums like me... rolling on floor laughing just thought that was funny how your theories make their way around the internet hehe

lovethemtigers
So here is yet another clue - kind of the one I mentioned above - about how Jack is acting strange in this movie - IMO because of Elizabeth...notice Gibbs used the word Vexed - and so does Tia - what vexes men most? A Woman....Vexed in this context means - confused, disoriented, unfocused on anything but HER. I know LovelyOne that they say that Will's story is mirroring Davy Jones...but there's some parts of me that wonder if it is actually Jack...Here's the passage:

GIBBS
So - We're going after this key!

JACK SPARROW
You're not making any sense at all.
Any more questions?

MARTY
So... Do we have a heading?

JACK SPARROW
Hah! A heading. Set sail in a... mmm...
a general... in *that* way - direction.

GIBBS
Cap'n?

JACK SPARROW
Come on, snap to and make sail, you
know how this works. Come on, ?oy/?quick,
?oy/?quick, hey!

MARTY
Have you noticed lately... The captain
seems to be actin' a bit strange...
-er.

GIBBS
Settin' sail without knowing his own
headin'? Somethin's got Jack vexed.
Mark my words, what bodes ill for Jack
Sparrow bodes ill for us all.

Yeah, something's got Jack vexed alright - and it's Elizabeth....the remainder of the movie gives us all the clues to let us know that....

sccch
THAT MAKES SENSE!! At Tia's hut,she asked 'What vexes all men?' Jack answered and said 'A woman'

katelovespirate
you know what i just realized? I honestly dont think Jack is thinking specifically about Liz at the beginning of two, when his compass isnt working.
I think it is a general discontent with the pirate life, a feeling of emptiness because he is suddenly longing for love, that sort of thing. Then Liz shows up and things fall into place.
the "vex" word is key. they used that for a reason! smile

Chiki Mina
OMG IM SO BLIND! i have not noticed what gibbs said!! "SOMETHING GOT JACK VIXED" and after that tia askas 'WHAT VIXENS ALL MEN' even bloody will didnt know 0.o and jack answered, after his crew didnt figure it out, 'A WOMAN!' he practically shout at it. gosh im stupid stupid stupid grr

evilm0nki3
Ahhhh. That is very interesting...vexed..hmm..

LovelyOne
you know what i just realized? I honestly dont think Jack is thinking specifically about Liz at the beginning of two, when his compass isnt working.
I think it is a general discontent with the pirate life, a feeling of emptiness because he is suddenly longing for love, that sort of thing. Then Liz shows up and things fall into place.

yes I agree..he goes for the material possession and its not there to comfort him..

I just have a big feeling that it pointed to somewhere where the key couldn't have possibly been when he looked on the map there..Port Royal? He got all frustrated and confused.. If it was port Royal, that would explain why it suddenly clicks in his mind on the cannibal island as soon as Will mentions she's in danger..he suddenly stops dead in his tracks and musters up the strength to escape...coincidently Bill has just come and made jack realise he needs to find the chest!..and Will comes and makes Jack realise I NEED TO FIND LIZ..its a whole parallel story thing going on seriously.. laughing out loud I mean everything Jack does in pursuit of the chest ACTUALLY helps him gain Liz too..the "real heart he is after"

LovelyOne
Lovethemtigers there are so many hints thats its Will who's mirroring Davy..when Liz betrays jack he LOVES IT..but Will..he's angrily playing with a KNIFE eeekkk!

Also I picked up on something that resembles the love triangle..The dog and the two men in the boat

Jack is the dog
Pintel is Liz
Ragetti is Will

they are sitting in a triangle

Pintel shows more love towards the dog.

Ragetti shows NO care towards it...he's actually more interested in..the spiritual and mysterious side of life..and who shows an interest in Will...Tia does. and that is one mysterious and spiritual lady. Even Will shows a curiosity in her when he first meets her..

Ragetti never again mentions all the spiritual crap in the movie..its only there..

katelovespirate
this is kinda random but i love it how on the posters, Jack and Liz are both facing sideways, looking sort of devious,

while will is full front, looking angry. hahahahaha. smile

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by LovelyOne
Lovethemtigers there are so many hints thats its Will who's mirroring Davy..when Liz betrays jack he LOVES IT..but Will..he's angrily playing with a KNIFE eeekkk!

Also I picked up on something that resembles the love triangle..The dog and the two men in the boat

Jack is the dog
Pintel is Liz
Ragetti is Will

they are sitting in a triangle

Pintel shows more love towards the dog.

Ragetti shows NO care towards it...he's actually more interested in..the spiritual and mysterious side of life..and who shows an interest in Will...Tia does. and that is one mysterious and spiritual lady. Even Will shows a curiosity in her when he first meets her..

Ragetti never again mentions all the spiritual crap in the movie..its only there..

True - I know what you mean....I don't why every now and then I think of Jack mirroring Davy Jones...but it definitely would be Will - can't see jack cutting his heart out, but Will? who knows - he may try to cut Jack's heart out LOL....Do think will and tia have some kind of connection/chemistry....from the moment he walks through the door - and he seems real intent on her, I think he may have given into a kiss if Jack hadn't have stepped in between them....

lovethemtigers

You are probably right - at the very beginning he is probably not thinking specifically of Elizabeth - but he knows deep down something is missing from his life - that's why the compass isn't working for him....then when Will shows up and reminds him of Elizabeth - I think he is beginning the think about Liz and himself by the time they reach Tia's cabin....

LovelyOne is right - once Will shows up and tells him about Liz - he sure does muster up courage and strength to escape - course he is always trying to escape death - until the very end.....

lovethemtigers
The word "vexed" being used by Gibbs and Tia are very important - I don't think it's coincidental - and as said above - who answers the question "What vexes all men most?" Jack - he says "a woman"....even William doesn't know....

willofthewisp
Jack has also heard the story before, I'm sure. He seems to know exactly what he's up against with Davy Jones. When Tia asked that question, I correctly thought "woman" and I've never been in love with one! angel
And compared to everyone else, Jack is a genius. Gibbs has experience and knowledge of the sea and its creatures, but he doesn't have Jack's cleverness and Will, well, Will always means to do the right thing, and he has his clever moments, but he doesn't strike me as smarter or sharper than Jack. Of course none of them guess correctly. They're in a room with two giants, Jack and Tia.

Chiki Mina
i think tia knew all along what was giong on with jacks head. but, how would she know if it was Wills fiance?

lovethemtigers
Oh, no doubt that jack is a genius...he is very clever and savvy....Will, well, as jack calls him "he's bloody stupid"...."great soprano voice.." LOL I love it when Jack keeps refering to Will as a eunich and having a great soprano singing voice.

LovelyOne
I'm pretty sure this means something with Liz I'm just trying to figure out what:

MARTY
It's a key!

JACK SPARROW
No! Much more better. It is a *drawing*
of a key.

GIBBS
And whatever this key unlocks, *inside*
there's something valuable. So, we're
setting out to find whatever this key
unlocks!

JACK SPARROW
No! If we don't have the key, we can't
open whatever it is we don't have that
it unlocks. So what purpose would be
served in finding whatever need be unlocked,
which we don't have, without first having
found the key what unlocks it?

I think the fact he has the drawing of the key means that he cant even touch Liz at the moment because he thinks Will is with her in port royal..and all happy

the last thing he says..seems strange..and random.. The way he tries to explain what he wants seems like he could be talking about more than one theing he's after..

he needs to find a way to be the key to Liz heart..and when Will comes back to him the answer is there..GET RID OF WILL..on the flying dutchman where he will become more interested in his dad

and he's also the answer to gain the REAL key..get Will on the dutchman to gain the key from him later..which he does..

Chiki Mina
i think u got a point there lovelyone.
I have a question
What made jack find this drawing of the key and how did he know where to find it? did his compass led him there?
Could he possibly knew that his time was up w davy jones even before bootstrap came and told him?
I know those are alot of annoying questions..but im not sure about the beginning of the movie

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
i think u got a point there lovelyone.
I have a question
What made jack find this drawing of the key and how did he know where to find it? did his compass led him there?
Could he possibly knew that his time was up w davy jones even before bootstrap came and told him?
I know those are alot of annoying questions..but im not sure about the beginning of the movie

I think he knew his time was up before Davy came for him so he needed to find the key before that happens

Coincidently..his time to win Liz over is running out because she is about to get married to Will...he needs to become the key to her heart before that happens

The compass probably didn't tell him how to get the real key..it was telling him to get to port Royal to get to Liz.

.Jack gets the drawing of the key from the prison where he probably knew an inmate who could show him what he's looking for to give him a head start...in finding the chest

Now is THIS where Tia stops the wedding?...It seems as if Beckett had been speaking with Tia before hand. Because he mentions "wedding stopped or fate intervening" to Liz..... Tia is the "friend" who gives Jack a head start with gaining Liz????

we don't SEE the inmate who he got the drawing of the key from..

Just like we don't SEE Tia secretly helping him with Liz at the beginning..

Chiki Mina
Yes that could be true. Possibly he was asking about a key. He probably asked around and told him some dude in a prison had it. I think he asked around bc he knew his compass was all crazy on him bc im sure he thought about liz many many times. OO OO u know what, Im prob wrong but at the end of the movie before the credits of cotbp..while jack was singing that song liz taught him he was looking at his compass...was it pointing to liz/port royal??

LovelyOne
Yes that could be true. Possibly he was asking about a key. He probably asked around and told him some dude in a prison had it. I think he asked around bc he knew his compass was all crazy on him bc im sure he thought about liz many many times. OO OO u know what, Im prob wrong but at the end of the movie before the credits of cotbp..while jack was singing that song liz taught him he was looking at his compass...was it pointing to liz/port royal??

LOL it may well have been!

willowofthewhisp noticed that too laughing out loud

OMG and at the end after the credits, Jack the monkey goes back and TAKES another piece of the gold..he SNATCHES back the medallion that was close to Liz throughout MOST of movie 1..its the first thing Jack saw when he first met her...

Chiki Mina
lol im sry of noticing that lil detail soo late. lol OOO oo I HAVE A QUESTION AGAIN!! im sry.lol sad
ok in the deleted scene of "peas in a pod"
they both were talking about how neither of them didnt tell norington about the curse bc they both knew that he and his crew wouldnt have risked saving will.
Liz says ur a smart man bla bla and says "but i dont entirely trust u"
Jack: "peas in a pod, darling"
does that mean he doesnt trust her either and that they think alike?
and why do u think it got deleted in the movie?

LovelyOne
lol im sry of noticing that lil detail soo late. lol OOO oo I HAVE A QUESTION AGAIN!! im sry.lol sad
ok in the deleted scene of "peas in a pod"
they both were talking about how neither of them didnt tell norington about the curse bc they both knew that he and his crew wouldnt have risked saving will.
Liz says ur a smart man bla bla and says "but i dont entirely trust u"
Jack: "peas in a pod, darling"
does that mean he doesnt trust her either and that they think alike?
and why do u think it got deleted in the movie?

Yes i think thats what it meant smile

Chiki Mina
lol i feel really bad for Will..im pretty sure he'll find a gurl maybe MAYBE in the next movie like he'll glance over a gurl and prob sees her in some kind of trouble so he could rescue her and prob fall in love yes

willofthewisp
I feel bad for Will too. He's really only boring standing next to Jack. Anyone is boring standing next to Jack. He's a good guy when all is said and done, and I hope he finds his happiness.
Do you guys all think Jack was really that in touch with his emotions the whole time? I always figured he kind of gave up on Liz and didn't really think he had a chance with her until she was back on the Pearl with him. All the scenes with him with the compass before Liz is with him just seem to puzzle him. If he knew he wanted Liz, he would know why it was pointing a certain way.

Chiki Mina
u know i also thought for a moment that jack gave up on her too. But like i think that at first he knew he had an attraction w her. and he knows that shes "untouched" by men. but then i wonder how he suddenly developped feelings for her??

LovelyOne
Originally posted by willofthewisp
I feel bad for Will too. He's really only boring standing next to Jack. Anyone is boring standing next to Jack. He's a good guy when all is said and done, and I hope he finds his happiness.
Do you guys all think Jack was really that in touch with his emotions the whole time? I always figured he kind of gave up on Liz and didn't really think he had a chance with her until she was back on the Pearl with him. All the scenes with him with the compass before Liz is with him just seem to puzzle him. If he knew he wanted Liz, he would know why it was pointing a certain way.

I dont think he was completley in touch..it seemed as if he had pushed them to the back of his mind and was ignoring them becuase he thouught saving his own skin should be more important...until the end that is..

LovelyOne
I think it pointed to port royal at the begining and he was like "GRR!"

then when Will says she's in danger and we need the compass...it kinda clicks into place for him..

there is also a moment where he says to himself "I KNOW what I want...i KNOW WHAT I WANT"(as in Davy's chest) as if he is trying to get the thoughts of Liz out of his mind...

willofthewisp
Thanks, Lovelyone. I could never make it out if he was saying "what do I want" or "I know what I want."
I guess he expected the compass to point to the chest, but since Liz was always moving, the compass kept changing points which confused him and led him to believe it was pointing to something other than the chest? That compass is so confusing to those who use it. Tia's evil just for giving it to him. I don't care if she's Calypso or not. laughing

Chiki Mina
i dont think Tia is all that evil, ppl are blaming her tooo much. i think shes prob half responsible of what happen-maybe were right or maybe were wrong about her. I think the ultimate twist is that they put that character, Tia, to believe that shes bad since shes a voodoo gurl and then the mayor twist will be that shes no bad character after all..again its just my guess

Chiki Mina
grr im having so much trouble w my signature. i know this is off topic but i need help!!cry

lovethemtigers

Jack is not in touch with his feelings...that's why the compass isn't working for him....I think he is thinking about Liz and is confused about why she keeps popping up in his mind..until she shows up again and then he knows...he is attracted to her more so than his ususal passing fancy with other women....

The compass just spins around for Jack and doesn't stop on anything in particular ...that's why he doesn't have a heading....he's frustrated because usually it points to exactly what he knows he wants and now it can't lead him to the key or the chest because these thoughts of Liz are vexing him - he's confused and disoriented....

Also I was watching the ending scene of POTC 1 - isn't it quite interesting that our last look at Captain Jack - he's holding the compass and singing the Pirate song that Liz taught him on the island...you know he has to be thinking of her if he's singing that song.....LOVE IT>I think he knows he has an attraction for her and admires her by the end of POTC 1 but knows or thinks it could never work between them...but then when she shows up in POTC 2 and he knows she's not married yet..he can't help acting on that attraction....which is more than just sexual...just look how serious he is in his last scene in POTC 2, the way he is looking at her just before she kisses him. I think it's right at that moment when she says "Thank you Jack" and he says, "We're not free yet, love" and then she says..."You came back, I always knew you were a good man" that look says "I came back for you,..I am a good man, just like you said earlier...I had the opportune moment and I did something courageous...because I do want to be admired by you, I do want the rewards that follow, I can't resist and I want to know what you taste like...I'm tired of playing these games...I'm the man for you Lizzie, not the eunichy boy, Will.....then when she kisses him and chains him to the mast he is smiling at her and looking at her "ahhh, you came over to my side, you are a pirate....I am the man for you, not Will....even though you are condemning me to death,,,I know in your heart of hearts you have chosen me over Will...You belong to me now"....

sailorleo
where here's my short theory...father's suck they occupy value wooing time...that's basiclly will's problem...he'll turn into principle skinner from the simpsons...

willofthewisp
I'm a little leery about involving everyone's dads in this too, but it worked out for Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Sean Connery as Indy's dad was just too cool and really made the whole series much deeper and slightly funnier.

willofthewisp
Wouldn't it be cool too, if Jack's mom was alive? Think she'd be proud of her boy?

LovelyOne
Apprently Keith is only in it for a short time..and its only in a scene with him Jack and Liz.

I honetly dont think that Jacks mum has been there for him..I bet she died when he was very young..

CaptinJackLover
yeah if his mom was alive she probably would have taught to respect women better. Im not saying he treats them horribly but its not like he is a gentleman or anything. Cuz supposeddly he is a "ladies man". does that make sense?

Chiki Mina
yea i know what u mean! Hes not exactly a gentleman in terms of he likes to flirst and he is a ladys man. But hes not the type to abuse them either.

LovelyOne
he seems to be a gentleman around Liz though..which is what she starts to fear after the curiosity scene...

He's always very gentle around her..

CaptinJackLover
yes but before taht whole scene and us thinking they were going to be together. We always thought of him as the kind of guy that goes after liken every woman he sees. But after the curiosity scene we started to see his softer side. The side we where we can imagine him falling in love. He learned you have to be gentle witha woman after he met Liz.

Chiki Mina
omg thats soo true. When i saw that side of him i almost melted..and i think liz got frekaed out a lil bc she was seeing a side of jack that was attracting to her alot.

CaptinJackLover
Yes and im so jealous. If she was getting freaked out she should have just left so i could take her place...i could so picture her running away and seeing my head pop up in her place laughing out loud

Chiki Mina
LOOOL. omg tat would be hillarious. her running jumping overboard when they are about to kiss and ill just take her place in the kissing part bunny

CaptinJackLover
hahha yeah wouldnt that be soo hilarious! excpet you would have to fight me for him!

o i can just picture it now....

Jack and Liz are about to kiss.
Liz: Ummm...i have to go now.
Liz runs off the boat and into the water.
Jack watches her and is terribly depressed. He turns around and sees two BEAUTIFUL girls (lol)
Jack: ok so which one of you will i be kissing this evening.
Both of us: ME! ME!
Me: NO! me!
YOu: NO ME!
we go on for about 30 min.
Finally Jack gets frustrated and kisses us both then runs to chase after Liz.

Chiki Mina
LOOOL u and me fighting like wild horny amazon chiks lol.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/customsig_100151_6k.gif

CaptinJackLover
HAHAHA yupp thats us! wild horny amazon chicks! HOT wild horny amazon chicks i might add!

Chiki Mina
LMAO fighting over who gets to spank mr sparrow big grin

CaptinJackLover
HAHAHA! who wouldnt fight over that!?!

Chiki Mina
omg we should make a perverted thread lool

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/customsig_100151_6k.gif

CaptinJackLover
AHAHAHAHHA that would be hilarious! laughing

T.Maria
Hey guys,

dont no if its off topic or what but i noticed something in POTC1 (not sure if ne1 has posted it yet or not...)

Did u notice that WILL hit JACK over the head with an oar in POTC1

And then JACK hit WILL over the head with an oar in POTC 2?

...dont know if its significant like, but i thought it was rather interesting...

Also, in the persuasion scene, when Elizabeth gets flustered and walks off where she has her convo with Norrington, did anyone notice the look on Jack's face when she walked off? And the little exasperated noise he made? ...it made me giggle coz it made me realise that it was RIGHT THEN that Jack realised she did actually have an effect on him.

As for her feelings towards him; hes totally oblivious.
He had flirtateous feelings for her in the first film...she was a woman and he was a man; and i think that was what the writers were trying to imply here.

ALSO
At the end of POTC1;

Jack: "Elizabeth...it never would have worked between us"

And THAT is the last thing he says to her...foreshadowing?
Oooooh....I think so smile

CaptinJackLover
yeah i definatley think so...

T.Maria
aarg my head is swamped with so many J/E theories that i want to come true!

But i just have a really bad feeling that they'll put her back with Will again...call me a party-pooper sad

Just hope i am VERY wrong

LovelyOne
maybe this will ease you mindlaughing out loud :

The script writers for PotC have said in the commentary for movie 1. That when writing a screenplay for a movie..they always have a teaser kiss just slap bang in the middle so it keeps everyone wondering...and then the real kiss happens at the end..

movie 1
Beginning: Liz starts off with Norrington..
Middle: teaser Will/Liz possible kiss
End: They kiss at the end

movie 2
Beginning: She starts off with Will.
Middle: teaser Liz/Jack possible kiss
End: They Kiss at the end

If you take their rule and put it over the trilogy as a whole which is ONE BIG STORY..you can see what they are doing:
Movie 1: they have started with Will/Liz
Movie 2: teaser moment Jack/Liz possible relationship
Movie 3: Jack/Liz

T.Maria
hmmmmm intreguing.....

but it just worries me because if they played it as J/E then there was no real character progression from Will....

Elizabeth progressed within the fact that her character was not so black and white as the first movie...her sexuality shines through within the second film (and its quite intreguing that it is JACk who sees the sexuality) and the reason for this was because Jack's character is also sexual...they sort of mold together...

Jack progressed because throughout the movie he had to haveeixabeth guide them to the heart in the box because the compass would not stay still for him. By the end it was pointing straight at the pearl (and maybe elizabeth?)...he knew what he wanted and he realised that elizabeth was right...he needed to be a good man to get what he deserved.

Will is more tricky...his character has not changed much, and it is only the introduction of other characters around him (his dad) that has made his journey watchable.
(I don't mean that nastily. i LOVE the whelp but i need deep characters to carry off a good movie...)

Did anyone also notice that within that kiss at the end both Jack and Elizabeth got to 'taste' exactly what they wanted?
They both got their freedom from that kiss.

Jack got the freedom of letting his guard down and just needing to be with someone...

Elizabeth got the freedom of letting go and tasting something she had wanted since she was a child

sailorleo
yup mozeltov

LovelyOne
Will is going to change BIG TIME since he saw Liz do that to Jack..trust me,..there is a whole davy/will similarity thing starting up with this movie and now that he saw that.. its gonna be even bigger in the next..

CaptinJackLover
yes definatley...i hitnk it will be more interesting tho! im so ecited ! big grin

sailorleo
yeah as long as it doesn't turn into the O.C...

lovethemtigers
Yeah, I really think Will is going to go over to the dark side...I can see it happening...but then again I don't know if that's what I'd like to see...or if that will happen...although, the writers and producers and directors have all said that this third movie will be darker and much more adult movie...not really a movie for children...yet, Johnny Depp has said that he wants Jack to be funny....not sure how this will all play out...but based on the way POTC 2 ended...can't imagine POTC 3 being lighthearted and fun as the first two movies....it's ended on a very dark note...and can't imagine how comedy is going to play into this third movie...I'm sure there will be comic moments of relief...but the overall them will be dark and full of complicated plots and theories...very adult theories...sexual implications and all that...can't wait...I'm just hoping that it will end bright and cheery...Will and his Dad reunited....Will realizing him and Liz have grown in different directions....I don't want him to mirror Davy Jones...I don't want to see Will cut his heart out and be all nasty and tenticlely like Davy....I just hope he can be at peace with himself and accept that Liz's deepest desire is to be with Jack...the real pirate of her dreams....

willofthewisp
I really want him to meet someone else. Like everyone else said, this series proves that your first love isn't always your true love. It would be so unfair to have Liz realize this and not Will. He's a good guy, brave, loyal, protective, picking up the skills... I think in real life if we knew a guy like Will, most of us would go for him. Plus even though he messes up a lot, he always means to help other people and tries to do the right thing. He's picking up Jack's cleverness too. Sneaky Will. After all he's been through, it would be nice for him to be welcomed in someone's arms that's not his dad.

lovethemtigers
I really want him to meet someone else. Like everyone else said, this series proves that your first love isn't always your true love. It would be so unfair to have Liz realize this and not Will. He's a good guy, brave, loyal, protective, picking up the skills... I think in real life if we knew a guy like Will, most of us would go for him. Plus even though he messes up a lot, he always means to help other people and tries to do the right thing. He's picking up Jack's cleverness too. Sneaky Will. After all he's been through, it would be nice for him to be welcomed in someone's arms that's not his dad.

LOL -yeah I guess you are right...but given the choice - and saying you could have your pick of men...it would have to be Jack Sparrow all the way......you must have something more than just love, there has to be a deep sexual attraction for relationships to be enduring...not just love, but also intimacy and sexual attractiveness...

Will's okay in my book....but not even close to being as sexy, beautiful, deep and lovable as Jack -IMO - that's just me though...

sailorleo
yeah i actually really like will and for some reason find him incredibly sexy in Elizabethtown...don't know why...any theories doc? (s)

lovethemtigers
Well, every girl to her opinion...but me...I don't really find Orlando Bloom/Will Turner sexy...but that's just me....I'm Johnny all the way

sailorleo
well i like depp too don't get me wrong....but watching Elizabethtown and seeing Bloom made me feel all bubbly

lovethemtigers
I know ....but I still just love Johnny...Johnny Depp forever....

T.Maria
Im liking this davy/will stuff...but i have a feeling if they do this through the film then at the end Will won't do a Davy (if u get me....) because he will do that thing where he comes to his senses and everything ends up swell smile

Johnny Depp all the way for me (although i have a poster of Orlando Bloom on my wall infront of me...i dont know how that worked itself out lol) but i have a feeling we won't get any of the O.C stuff lol. Its centrally a pirate film, and within POTC1 there was not too much romance and stuff with Will/Elizabeth (mainly because of the plot line) mainly because it was an action film.
Its only at the end really (a-la J/E at the end of POTC2) that the kissage happens...so we will ALL be left wondering!

Although some people have said that in the POTC3 script WILL thinks Elizabeth is inlove with with JACK and that is why she wants to save him, but she is actually not inlove with him, she is just feeling guilty...oh i don't know sad hope she does have strong feelings for him by the end of POTC3, otherwise it would all have been a waste of time!!!

I have a feeling they might leave us all wondering what happened at the end POTC3....

willofthewisp
T. Maria, I also might be able to ease your mind about Will. He has developed over the two movies, just not as obvious as Liz's character, who almost did a 180.
Orlando Bloom has described Will as starting out in a very tight corset and it's slowly loosening and eventually comes off due to his involvement with Jack and piracy. Learning the lesson that a man can be a pirate and a good person was crucial to his character in the first movie. He accepted his own father was a pirate and said his place was between Norrington and Jack. While Norrington will only do good things to make good things happen, Will will sometimes do bad things to make good things happen. So that's the first movie.
Also note how he is with Liz. The whole Ms. Swann thing in the first one just made me think of the MAD tv character, but by the end of the second movie, he can speak coldly to her and has kind of gotten over his puppy-love with her. His feelings have matured. Also, when he meets his dad, he's not exactly thrilled to see him, but he observes his dad's own cleverness and self-sacrifice and then vows to save him. He's growing up, it's just slow.
So there will still be room for him to develop without Liz there to be his object of affection.

lovethemtigers
yeah i read that stuff about the POTC 3 script about a month ago - I was panicing, but have just swept it under the carpet as rumors...I seriously doubt that the writers/disney would let anything leak out about this very anticipated movie....I really had no clue how POTC2 was going to turn out until I saw it....so....all i knew going into it was that Jack had a debt to pay to Davy Jones (the new villan) and that Jack and Liz shared a kiss..cuz Keira Knightly at the world premiere at Disneyland told E! that it was great cuz she got to kiss too hot actors, Orlando and Johnny...so when I heard that I was like..What, Liz and Jack are going to Kiss...Why? but I was very intrigued..since I wanted them to get together in POTC 1 -because to me the scene when he rescues her was reminiscent of many romance novels I read.....but was disappointed that they made her stick with Will....but oh well....Jack Sparrow is so fantastic to watch...I can't to see more great moments in three...I just hope i'm not terribly disappointed...

LovelyOne
Willowofthewisp you make an excelent point..this is what makes me think Will is going to start doing bad things for selfish reasons after what he has seen Jack do..he's going to do bad things for his own "well being" if you know what I mean..Jack seems to be steering away from that when it coems to Liz (which is what wins her heart over) ..but Will is heading straight in the wrong direction...he's only vowed to bring Jack back so that he can use the pearl for his own needs (saving his dad) and he wants to keep Liz at his side..he tries to betray Jack as soon as he brings him back to get him the hell off the pearl and the hell away from "his" woman..he doesnt care for helping Jack anymore thats for sure..he only wants to help get what he wants..

katelovespirate
Willowofthewisp you make an excelent point..this is what makes me think Will is going to start doing bad things for selfish reasons after what he has seen Jack do..he's going to do bad things for his own "well being" if you know what I mean..Jack seems to be steering away from that when it coems to Liz (which is what wins her heart over) ..but Will is heading straight in the wrong direction...he's only vowed to bring Jack back so that he can use the pearl for his own needs (saving his dad) and he wants to keep Liz at his side..he tries to betray Jack as soon as he brings him back to get him the hell off the pearl and the hell away from "his" woman..he doesnt care for helping Jack anymore thats for sure..he only wants to help get what he wants..

i agree with this completely.
I dont think Will is being nice to Elizabeth by suggesting they go save jack and the pearl. hes being selfish. cause he only suggests it AFTER Tia reminds him that with the pearl he could have saved his father.

Its interesting how Tia manipulates this scene. She almost is rubbing salt in everyone's wounds. Shes obviously not too worried, she knows she will get them to follow HER PLAN eventually, which is to go off and get Jack, but she's VERY sneaky about it. She lets them think up the idea themselves, so to speak. She lets them all agree together and THEN jumps in with the plan, ya know? She's really twisting everyone... Liz, commenting on her sorrow, Will, commenting on his dad, the crew, getting them some alcohol.... ya know what i mean?

T.Maria
Willofthewisp, ive seen your point, good one for easing my panick attacks!!!! smile

i think its just the character of Will next to Jack...Jack overshadows everyone because he is such a big character within the movies...

But if anyone can answer me (essay style lol) a question coz im really rather curious to know everyone elses views....(especially LovelyOne's coz shes got some really good films studies stuff going on lol)

....How can we really tell that Jack is changing unselfishly?

i.e - changing for other people to be a better man, and not doing it because he sees something in it for himself?

maybe its coz i see him as a chameleon...changes his colours to suite his surroundings....

hes a good character study lol smile

willofthewisp
.".How can we really tell that Jack is changing unselfishly?"----T. Maria

I think about that sometimes when I'm with my fiance. If I'm kind of down I think, "we're just with each other because it makes us happy, and that's a selfish reason," but then I remember something someone once told me. "Love isn't how someone makes you feel. It's about how you make them feel."
Love is finding joy (which is more complete and lasting than happiness) in acting selflessly for someone else, doing what you can to make their life richer, better, more fun, safer, whatever.

So you can try to apply that here. Something is after Jack during this whole movie: Davy's Kracken. He's got a lot at stake this movie, when before, he was just trying to get back his ship. He was pretty unselfish in that one because there were at least two opportunities where he could have let Barbosa kill Will and still get back his ship, but he wasn't going to hurt anyone but Barbosa to get it back.
Fast forward and now Liz is with him on the Pearl. He's acting pretty neutral with her, just playful flirting. Then when they find the chest, he acts very selfishly and even bails out on his Pearl. But he comes back. Why?
He wouldn't have had his Pearl, but he would have been alive. But he took out his compass and where did it point? Back to the ship and the people on it. The right thing to do was help them even if it meant his own life. That's far from selfish. That's a downright sacrifice. So imo, Jack will always be kind of a scoundrel, but he has a heart under all that, and he's not above letting the good in him come out when it needs to.

LovelyOne
Very good point as always^^

he wants to be there for Liz...to save her..he doesnt want her to die because he loves her..Thats not really selfish..I mean yes she makes him feel brave..but he ALSO makes her feel loved and safe in return..when she needs it the most.

T.Maria
Oooh i seee smile thanks willofthewispsmile!

would that tie in with the fact that Barbozza said in POTC1 that it was his downfall? or summit along those lines?

I think that Jack is possibly the hardest character to work out, hes this enigma...i reckon thats what Johnny Depp loves about playing him so much....he seems to play things close to the chest...

LovelyOne
Did anyone notice how he hears Liz pull the chain..stops kissing her..then waits to see what she will do? then she slams it shut and he smiles..

she took a good while to close that hancuff..Jack could have pulled away easy..but he just waits to see if she will go through with it..

this makes me pretty convinced that he would have stayed anyway..

CaptinJackLover
Ohj yeah he did! good observation! i never really payed attention to that!

LovelyOne
I think liz might have known that he was gonna stay too...she just wanted to get a kiss out of him before he did die..and she also prevents him from fighting to protect her..which would mean he loves her..

ivebeendepped43
aaaaawwwwwwww!

CaptinJackLover
yess so true.....gosh i cnat stop thinking about that kiss..it was soo friggen hot!

LovelyOne
***** needs to STOP with all her denial man! LET THE MAN LOVE YOU! YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT! thats why you couldnt stop looking at his lips once you kissed him!!..AND you went in to kiss him again!

CaptinJackLover
hahahaha

sailorleo
ever noticed all the similarities to star wars PoTC has...well here's another one...Balck Pearl = Millenium Falcon...lol...

ivebeendepped43
hhhmmm, nope

Chiki Mina
enough star wars and potc comparison aaaa! wacko wacko

LovelyOne
AHA!! I just spotted something that suggests Liz symbolizes the heart in the movies..which makes my " what ever happens to heart overshadoes her" theory a bit more credible..when Jack first mentions it to her..Ragetti comes along and basically does that heart thump thing RIGHT in her face...and she's like "what the?"

Its implying that she resembles the heart IMO..I always thought that part where he does that was rather random...its like him saying "yeah its you!"

the story of the heart is kept ahead of what happens to Liz in the movies..so who ever stabs it will probably be the one who hurts her the very most in the future..My bets on Will.

The moment where ragetti does that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw9E4JDaWxE

tee_pirategirl
wow cool

LovelyOne
you know what..I think he snaps that shut because he's afraid she will see that it's pointing to her..then watch his eyes as he says "it points to the thing you want most in this world" as he looks at her..looks as if he is realy trying to cover up his emotions..awww

tee_pirategirl
yeah the scene is so sexy..it's like he's talking all gentle and emotional and he's trying not to show it..you are right that's so cute

LovelyOne
yeah I agree with you..the way he grabs both of her hands etc..also Liz's face..you can totally see that she just spotted that look he gave..and she looks thrilled that Jack Sparrow wants her most in this world then she says "oh JACK!" and smiles..she looks like a woman meeting up with her childhood crush lol..she then composes herself a bit once she realizes she's staring so adoringly at him.

Also I think that whole "my compass is unique" line has a double meaning..and the fact that "it's broken"..."doesn't point north"..but I shant say what lol

Jacky Sparrow
Also I think that whole "my compass is unique" line has a double meaning..and the fact that "it's broken"..."doesn't point north"..but I shant say what lol

big grin yes, I know, I've thought the same!!

LovelyOne
cuz in the movie he's not really all that sexually forward with her..which is a MAIN factor in Liz actually seeing him on a different level IMO..she sees that he can be gentle etc...in the first movie he was quite forward and yanked her to the floor..put his arm around her etc at that point it was a lust thing on his mind. he was really confident that he was gonna get some and it put her off quite bit lol..

but now that he has started to become more infatuated with her after that whole betrayal on the beach in movie 1..he's actually thinking about having her in his life on a long term basis in movie 2..its not just sex..and this causes him to be more respectable around her IMO..and she picks up on it

and the "my compass is unique"..LOL come on!! look at her face as he says that..this woman is really sexually frustrated because her wedding night was robbed away from her...and that line is him basically saying "I'm the best f*** in this world"...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.