Garfield Sucks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FoxMeister
For those of you who never receive greeting cards, Garfield is the orange merchandising turd that creator Jim Davis pinches out every Sunday in newspapers around the world, traumatizing millions with his bland humor week after tragic week.

When he's not licensing the hell out of Garfield with toys, bags, napkins, paper cups, socks, and probably tampons, Davis takes a break from whoring out his creation to occasionally write a new strip. Found in the "humor" section of newspapers, reading the comic is like having a five-finger prostate examination. Many years from now when Davis dies and CNN is undoubtedly squandering precious airtime on the passing of another sanctimonious American icon, historians will look back upon this series as a cancerous lump on the teat of humor strips. There's nothing funny about Garfield. Every single comic starts out the same: Garfield sits around being fat, he eats all the food, and his ambiguously gay owner yells at him:
The cat eats food. Alright, WE GET IT. Move on. Then as if to piss all over our better judgement, Davis has received the National Cartoonist Society: Best Humor award. Twice. Garfield gets awarded for humor and "Family Guy" keeps getting canceled faster than a baby at Planned Parenthood. That reminds me of how much I hate babies. Why does everyone want to save them? There are too many babies. I'm not saying we should kill them, but if you happen to be giving your baby a bath and the phone rings.. well, nobody will judge you. Besides, you might get free brownies out of it at the funeral, and brownies rule.

As if one criminally boring comic after another wasn't enough to dull your senses, "Garfield: The Movie" I'm impressed that they've been able to take a 2D character with a 1D personality and bloat it into a 3D disaster. With a tagline like "it's all about ME-OW," you can be guaranteed the cinematic equivalence of having your hand fed to a wood chipper when this mind-dump hits the screen. The tagline would be more fitting if it were changed to "it's all about ME-OH-SHIT-I-THINK-I-JUST-HAD-AN-ANEURISM." A movie about Garfield? What next, a sequel to "The Mask" starring a CGI baby? Who agrees?

~Da Rev~
I'm checking the database for the "MeCaring V. 2.0" file, and i'm just not finding it.

Soleran
OMG adult swim live and in your face! Tom is fan frickin tastic, and garfield sucks.

Slay
Where did you copy that from?

FoxMeister
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
I'm checking the database for the "MeCaring V. 2.0" file, and i'm just not finding it.
Stop wastin ur time. You know you didnt need to post that

Lana
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by FoxMeister
Stop wastin ur time. You know you didnt need to post that Lets look at who posted a whole thread on ranting about a stupid cartoon cat.

Now who's wasthing their time?

Valharu
I'm not reading all that shit, and my ginger cat will rape you. beer

FoxMeister
Originally posted by Slay
Where did you copy that from?
Maddox's site. I thought it would be a good idea to spread the topic some more and what do i get? People being all sh*tty and cruel.

amity75
Garfield rules.

Slay
Maddox's site. I thought it would be a good idea to spread the topic some more and what do i get? People being all sh*tty and cruel.
Then don't post a shitty (and cruel) topic.

Valharu
Maddox's site. I thought it would be a good idea to spread the topic some more and what do i get? People being all sh*tty and cruel. laughing Dont get upset, bite back and piss yourself laughing.

Slay
Originally posted by Valharu
laughing Dont get upset, bite back and piss yourself laughing.
Sometimes I wonder,why you are a member...

~Da Rev~
Maddox's site. I thought it would be a good idea to spread the topic some more and what do i get? People being all sh*tty and cruel. Boo whoo. "Go suck a bug"

-J.P Valkenheiser
- Nothing but trouble.

FoxMeister
Then don't post a shitty (and cruel) topic.

I am taking the piss out of a cartoon. I dont see why people are actin like such asses and feel that there life now has no meaning because someone insulted your one and only idle. Dont like it? Dont bother postin to it.

Lana
I am taking the piss out of a cartoon. I dont see why people are actin like such asses and feel that there life now has no meaning because someone insulted your one and only idle. Dont like it? Dont bother postin to it.

That's the loveliness of an open forum...people can post where they want...and you can't expect everyone to agree with you.

~Da Rev~
I am taking the piss out of a cartoon. I dont see why people are actin like such asses and feel that there life now has no meaning because someone insulted your one and only idle. Dont like it? Dont bother postin to it. Welcome to the OTF, m'lady.

Slay
That post made no sense.How would you know how people (over the internet) feel?

Valharu
Sometimes I wonder,why you are a member... Because KMC needs me. Because you need me.

Slay
Because KMC needs me. Because you need me.
That sounded quite homo-erotic.Wait.Valharu sounding homo-erotic!?What is the world coming to?

FoxMeister
i suck my mums ass all the live long DAY.

okay

~Da Rev~
okay Awesome. You've learned to screw with quotes. You're on your way to becoming juvenile.

FoxMeister
Awesome. You've learned to screw with quotes. You're on your way to becoming juvenile.
Thanks

Slay
okay
Way to prove your point in a mature way! thumb up

Morning_Glory
For those of you who never receive greeting cards, Garfield is the orange merchandising turd that creator Jim Davis pinches out every Sunday in newspapers around the world, traumatizing millions with his bland humor week after tragic week.

When he's not licensing the hell out of Garfield with toys, bags, napkins, paper cups, socks, and probably tampons, Davis takes a break from whoring out his creation to occasionally write a new strip. Found in the "humor" section of newspapers, reading the comic is like having a five-finger prostate examination. Many years from now when Davis dies and CNN is undoubtedly squandering precious airtime on the passing of another sanctimonious American icon, historians will look back upon this series as a cancerous lump on the teat of humor strips. There's nothing funny about Garfield. Every single comic starts out the same: Garfield sits around being fat, he eats all the food, and his ambiguously gay owner yells at him:
The cat eats food. Alright, WE GET IT. Move on. Then as if to piss all over our better judgement, Davis has received the National Cartoonist Society: Best Humor award. Twice. Garfield gets awarded for humor and "Family Guy" keeps getting canceled faster than a baby at Planned Parenthood. That reminds me of how much I hate babies. Why does everyone want to save them? There are too many babies. I'm not saying we should kill them, but if you happen to be giving your baby a bath and the phone rings.. well, nobody will judge you. Besides, you might get free brownies out of it at the funeral, and brownies rule.

As if one criminally boring comic after another wasn't enough to dull your senses, "Garfield: The Movie" I'm impressed that they've been able to take a 2D character with a 1D personality and bloat it into a 3D disaster. With a tagline like "it's all about ME-OW," you can be guaranteed the cinematic equivalence of having your hand fed to a wood chipper when this mind-dump hits the screen. The tagline would be more fitting if it were changed to "it's all about ME-OH-SHIT-I-THINK-I-JUST-HAD-AN-ANEURISM." A movie about Garfield? What next, a sequel to "The Mask" starring a CGI baby? Who agrees? Im not reading all that... and I read the first couple of lines where you actually had to describe Garfield...wtf.. you obviously never watched the Garfield cartoons...

Garfield is awesome... if you actually watched the movie... well thats your fault, from the preview you could tell it was going to be full of crap

~Da Rev~
Thanks Pretending not to sense sarcasm. Are you mentally challenged in any way?

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
Im not reading all that... and I read the first couple of lines where you actually had to describe Garfield... you obviously never watched the Garfield cartoons...

Garfield is awesome... if you actually watched the movie... well thats your fault, from the preview you could tell it was going to be full of crap Yes. The cartoon was the shite. It was awesome.

Morning_Glory
Yes. The cartoon was the shite. It was awesome. uh huh

~Da Rev~
uh huh Odie and nevell...i think thats how you spell it. She was the adorable cat that garfield hated.

Valharu
That sounded quite homo-erotic.Wait.Valharu sounding homo-erotic!?What is the world coming to? Shhhhhh. You will kill my rep. roll eyes (sarcastic) And FoxMeister, go easy on duh rev, he's a very disturbed individual. beer

Slay
Odie and nevell...i think thats how you spell it. She was the adorable cat that garfield hated.
Wasn't it Nerbal?

~Da Rev~
Shhhhhh. You will kill my rep. roll eyes (sarcastic) And FoxMeister, go easy on duh rev, he's a very disturbed individual. beer

erm

~Da Rev~
erm

Wasn't it Nerbal?

Maybe cry

Slay
erm
He does have a point you know. erm

~Da Rev~
erm Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
Maybe cry Oh man. My computer has screwed everything, today.

Valharu
Sorry rev. Have a beer. beer

Morning_Glory
Odie and nevell...i think thats how you spell it. She was the adorable cat that garfield hated. yeeeeep

~Da Rev~
Sorry rev. Have a beer. beer Nah....beer is the nector of idiots. No offense. big grin

I'm just joshing. I've never had the stomach for beer, didn't like the taste. I'm a rum/vodka man, myself.

Morning_Glory
Nah....beer is the nector of idiots. No offense. big grin

I'm just joshing. I've never had the stomach for beer, didn't like the taste. I'm a rum/vodka man, myself. vodkadroolio

~Da Rev~
vodkadroolio Thats the hottest thing i have ever seen droolio

Lana
Wasn't it Nerbal?

Nermal stick out tongue

Morning_Glory
Thats the hottest thing i have ever seen droolio

no this is the hottest thing droolio

http://www.kalinkabar.dk/billeder/vodka.jpg

~Da Rev~
Absolute...Sky...Burnettes....kettle one....Oh my god.....its...so...beautiful droolio

Valharu
no this is the hottest thing droolio

http://www.kalinkabar.dk/billeder/vodka.jpg Pfft. I have a better collection stored in my garage. beer

Morning_Glory
Pfft. I have a better collection stored in my garage. beer *waits to see a picture so I can do the ultimate drool*

~Da Rev~
Thats over 500 bucks worth of liquor.

Morning_Glory
Thats over 500 bucks worth of liquor. and

Slay
Originally posted by Lana
Nermal stick out tongue
Whatever. ermmOriginally posted by ~Da Rev~
Absolute...Sky...Burnettes....kettle one....Oh my god.....its...so...beautiful droolio
You always seemed like a Breezer kid to me. no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.