Superman Returns DVD countdown: November 28

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
It's confirmed. November 28 it gets released to DVD and Blu-Ray disc.

super pr*xy
that soon? well, all the better. short wait. i'm definitely buying it.

((The_Anomaly))
Nice, thats pretty soon. That also should be the release date of the SR Video game too, as I thought they were planning on releasing SR with SR the game.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by roughrider
It's confirmed. November 28 it gets released to DVD and Blu-Ray disc.

No HD DVD? Damn you WB!

.Dance_Inside.
AHH I'm so excited!

chase el
me too cant wait for the extended scenes

roughrider
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
No HD DVD? Damn you WB!

It IS interesting. WB is one of the companies backing HD-DVD. This announcement for Blu-Ray - a sign it's making the inside move to become the format of the future?
We'll just have to wait for more info.

superkronick92
do blu ray discs have special features?

roughrider
Originally posted by superkronick92
do blu ray discs have special features?

They are supposed to have a greatly superior capacity for storing data, which should mean even better picture and sound than HD-DVD. That's the main difference. HD-DVD is cheaper to produce, though. 25 years ago, that's how VHS won the war with Beta, even though Beta was supposed to be a better format.

superkronick92
but do any of the current blu ray movies have special features

MattDay
apparantly they are supposed to be HD-DVD + more capacity for added features... sounds risky whether or not companies will bother with...?

redcaped
I have an open thread related to this subject.

MattDay
could you direct us there, I'm too lazy to search... lol

redcaped
I should leave it in your hands...I'm shy to these things but at least I have given a clue, thanks.

Delta 62
Is the 3 disc edition also going to be released on the 28th? I've looked around but couldn't find anything that said one way or another.

Darth Ravenous
I already have Superman Returns DVD, DVD version has been out on torrents for awile now, don't waste you're money download and burn.

Delta 62
How stupid is that..why do it? It's not helping DVD sales any.

Mr. Universe
Originally posted by Darth Ravenous
I already have Superman Returns DVD, DVD version has been out on torrents for awile now, don't waste you're money download and burn.

Will do. I still haven't even watched the movie yet.

Darth Ravenous
Originally posted by Delta 62
How stupid is that..why do it? It's not helping DVD sales any. Who cares about DVD sales, the movie was a huge letdown.
I would not wanna pay for this movie, the only good parts are when he is in the suit, and thats only like 20 minutes of the hole 3 hours.

The Movie sucked. And luthor? can superman get over luthor in movies already? thro the guy to the godamn moon, i wanna see supes fight crazy battles , not some lame human taking up everygodamn movie!

LOL
/rant.

redcaped
This movie made sense for the first time. Every second was perfect because they love the character.

MattDay
its a good film, but because of how controversial the character is because of the love for the franchise people have just become prejudiced against the film, religion is to blame for most peoples prejudges against anything, but anyway its does have the best saving scene which counts because its a superhero film... its what they do!

redcaped
Did you read my version of Zod for the sequel on how he fixes the damage by going in time? Yes or No I will not repeat it again! And do you think they will comment about the sequel?

MattDay
nope, but its not up to u bro

redcaped
It is up to me as a fan...it all depends on it.

redcaped
I asked someone yesterday intentionally and she told me it was coming out today. That was funny, crazy girl.

.Dance_Inside.
omgsh!
cannot wait!

roughrider
No word yet, if it is longer than the theatre version.

redcaped
It will be sold quickly the first day.

MattDay
I see it topping the dvd charts for a few weeks anyway, im getting the dvd from hong kong that's being released on the 26th of october, the damn idiots left an english version on the dvd so it's the version we're going to get 2 months later... well in england we're getting it two months later... but not me!

p.s. the two disc edition not the single as well

systemshock2
The Superman Returns DVD IMO will be a lot like the Batman Begins DVD in that a lot of people will catch it for the first time in this format and see just how good it is. It's kind of like what happened with the Hulk movie, which had some really long legs during it's DVD and rental run. (Same thing happened with the Punisher DVD too). What this means is that once the Superman sequel comes out it'll have a much larger box office because of it.

roughrider
It comes out tomorrow.
Any word on whether the running time is longer?

WrathfulDwarf
I'm getting the Two-Disc Special Edition. But I have to wait till friday. I won't have much time to watch the film this week.

systemshock2
Here's a list of the deleted scenes in this DVD:

"The Date"
"Family Photos"
"Crash Landing / X-Ray Vision"
"Old Newspapers"
"Are You Two Dating?"
"Martinis & Wigs"
"I'm Always Right"
"Jimmy the Lush"
"Language Barrier"
"Crystal Feet"
"New Krypton"

What's strange is that the "Return to Krypton" scene, the one most people are interested in seeing, is not included here. I've read rumors that there's suppose to be some extended edition coming out sometime in the future that'll have it there along with more scenes. Don't you just hate it when movie studios do this?

Also that "New Krypton" scene supposedly gives a vague hint as to what might be an item in the sequel. I haven't seen the scene yet, but at least according to the novel that new continent Superman pushed into space eventually settled somewhere between Jupiter and Saturn, with Lois Lane dubbing it to Perry White as New Krypton. And it is continuing to grow. This might be a very interesting item for the next sequel.

redcaped
Sounds great. Man in blue tights. Go Supes

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by roughrider
They are supposed to have a greatly superior capacity for storing data, which should mean even better picture and sound than HD-DVD. That's the main difference. HD-DVD is cheaper to produce, though. 25 years ago, that's how VHS won the war with Beta, even though Beta was supposed to be a better format. Somewhat irrelevant aside: Actually Warner recently decided that they would fence-sit and release films on both formats. Which now means of the major studios only Universal is exclusively HD-DVD, while three of the big six are still Blu-Ray exclusive, including of course Sony Pictures. And considering in 2006 Universal's market share was only about 10% of the movie industry, things aren't looking good for HD-DVD on the movie DVD front.

Coupled with Sony's PS3 being of course exclusively Blu-Ray, and PC manufacturers like Dell and HP backing Blu-Ray it's shaping up to be the "next VHS." It's unlikely this will play out with one of the formats becoming completely obsolete like VHS/Betamax, mainly due to Microsoft and Intel still backing HD-DVD.

So there will probably be an HD-DVD version out at some point.

roughrider
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Somewhat irrelevant aside: Actually Warner recently decided that they would fence-sit and release films on both formats. Which now means of the major studios only Universal is exclusively HD-DVD, while three of the big six are still Blu-Ray exclusive, including of course Sony Pictures. And considering in 2006 Universal's market share was only about 10% of the movie industry, things aren't looking good for HD-DVD on the movie DVD front.

Coupled with Sony's PS3 being of course exclusively Blu-Ray, and PC manufacturers like Dell and HP backing Blu-Ray it's shaping up to be the "next VHS." It's unlikely this will play out with one of the formats becoming completely obsolete like VHS/Betamax, mainly due to Microsoft and Intel still backing HD-DVD.

So there will probably be an HD-DVD version out at some point.

So long as the DVD players can only play one format or the other, one is going to become obsolete. You can't play a HD-DVD in a Blu-Ray player, and vice versa.

Blu-Ray still has the problem of major tech problems in it's players. That's something which should occupy their attention.
And I did see Warners is releasing SR in both formats. Until every company does that, the war will continue until one format is pushed aside.

redcaped
Attention: I got it! Please allow me to spend sometime out of KMC.

.Dance_Inside.
WHOOO!
it came out today!

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by systemshock2
Here's a list of the deleted scenes in this DVD:

"The Date"
"Family Photos"
"Crash Landing / X-Ray Vision"
"Old Newspapers"
"Are You Two Dating?"
"Martinis & Wigs"
"I'm Always Right"
"Jimmy the Lush"
"Language Barrier"
"Crystal Feet"
"New Krypton"

What's strange is that the "Return to Krypton" scene, the one most people are interested in seeing, is not included here. I've read rumors that there's suppose to be some extended edition coming out sometime in the future that'll have it there along with more scenes. Don't you just hate it when movie studios do this?

Also that "New Krypton" scene supposedly gives a vague hint as to what might be an item in the sequel. I haven't seen the scene yet, but at least according to the novel that new continent Superman pushed into space eventually settled somewhere between Jupiter and Saturn, with Lois Lane dubbing it to Perry White as New Krypton. And it is continuing to grow. This might be a very interesting item for the next sequel.

Very Sweet! Can't wait to get my copy.

roughrider
Originally posted by redcaped
Attention: I got it! Please allow me to spend sometime out of KMC.

Permission granted. stick out tongue

Take your time. wink

redcaped
The Daily Planet, water park, fly training...all except sequel comments, but great though.

systemshock2
I'm really digging the "arch-rivals" Superman Returns DVD commercial, the one that focuses on Superman and Lex exclusively.

Looking back on the movie now, it's now a love/hate thing for me regarding how little screen time Supes and Lex had together. Most of the movie they each had their own storylines until they finally met again on the new island. Hate because there's so little screen time of interaction, but love how it only just makes that new island scene so much more pivotal.

systemshock2
I just got my copy today from Walmart, which comes in a great package of the movie, an extra DVD with four justice league unlimited episodes, and a reprint comic book of the famous Superman Alan Moore story "Whatever happened to the man of tomorrow?" Great package.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.