Which is more difficult to enter? GL Corps or the Avengers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Which do you think is more difficult to join? the GL corps or the Avengers? I always thought being part of an intergalactic police force like the Corps was difficult. But the membership to be an Avenger looks just as tought.

Skeets
The Corps I guess.

jrodslam
Corps. Why? Avengers are Earth Mightiest Heroes. The GL Corps usually take 1 or 2 per sector.

R.O.T. Yahman
Look at it this way, Spiderman would not get into the G.L. corp. smile

Validus
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Nor would Ant Man.

manorastroman
that's strictly for earthbound characters. simple math, there are 7200 lanterns and only a handful of avengers. as a lifeform in the universe, lantern is a better shot.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by manorastroman
that's strictly for earthbound characters. simple math, there are 7200 lanterns and only a handful of avengers. as a lifeform in the universe, lantern is a better shot.

Ehhhh ? That makes no sense, to me ?

jumpmann
I'm sure any one of these 7200 could quit(with their rings), come to Earth, and join the Avengers.

Inhuman
What are the full requirements to be a GL? Good guy, strong willed?erm

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Inhuman
You need powers to get into avengers right? (not counting good ol cap smile)
I dont think having a super power is a requirement to be a GL.

No .... but It requires you to be fearless , many of the New Corp have super powers aswell as their rings.

Inhuman
No .... but It requires you to be fearless , many of the New Corp have super powers aswell as their rings.

Yeah, I was kinda joking when I said that. Thats why I changed it after. wink

badabing
blink Eh, no. With all the populated planets in the DCU, 7,200 hundreds is nothing compared to the countless billions in the entire universe.

WrathfulDwarf

Refresh my memory...wasn't Spidey a provisional member of the Avengers?

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Refresh my memory...wasn't Spidey a provisional member of the Avengers?

He might have been, but he's a full member of the New Avengers.

juggernaut66666
yeah there are only one avengers team but 1 green lantern could take out the avengers I think it is more difficult get membership in the corps because they will give you the most powerfull weapon in the universe not everyone can get one f those rings

inamilist

your math is a little off, but im no mathmatician, so please correct any of this

say at any time there are 12 avengers, mainly from earth or those who are stationed on earth, so lets say roughly 6 billion. This means, to join the avengers, you have a chance of:

12 / 6 000 000 000 or 1 / 500 000 000 - one in five hundred million

now, I dont know the scope of the GL corpse, and im not going to try and address the fermi paradox vs drake equation, but given there is lots of extraterrestial life in the DCU, its probably ok to assume that in the countless millions of stars and systems in our galaxy alone that there are billions of planets, many with as much or more life than on earth.

Even though there are more spaces alloted to the GL corps, there are possibly trillions of candidates in this galaxy alone in the DCU, let alone if their scope goes beyond our galaxy. From a sheer numbers game, it would seem harder to join the gl corps

OR, it can be construed this way, for the countless trillions of lifeforms in the universe, it is much harder for them to join the avengers, because it is almost impossible that they will ever find earth, and even then, they have the 1/500000000 chance of joining.

Numbers can lie very very easily :P

so to answer the general question, i dont know, what are the requirements to join?

Broly92
Avengers corps all you have to do is be in the military

Validus
Originally posted by Broly92
Avengers corps all you have to do is be in the military
blink

Broly92
Sorry Typo

Avengers!

All you need to get into the corps is to be in the military or have imagination

Draco69
Sorry Typo

Avengers!

D Man got into the Avengers. So did a flying Tinker bell rip-off....

The GL Corps standards is ALOT higher than that....

erm

Validus
Sorry Typo

Avengers!

Again. blink

Don't know where you got the idea that you need to be in the military.

Broly92
confused
Jhon and Hal

Validus
confused
Jhon and Hal
John was not in the military. He's an architect.

Draco69
And one GL is a friggin planet. He's not military either....

Broly92
I was talking humans and was kind of joking you people are serious snobs

Validus
You're a snob if you correct someone spreading wrong information? Sweet logic, champ!

Broly92
Originally posted by Validus
You're a snob if you correct someone spreading wrong information? Sweet logic, champ!
Yes when two 1 person says it is okay but when two are there it is rediculous wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.