If you could write one book?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grimm22
If you could write one book for any company, what would you like to write?

Skeets
Amazing Spider-man.I would retcon the shit of it.

Wally West
Nightwing, even if I did a bad job it would still be an improvement.

Big Sexy
Either Supermans series or a descent factual marvel origin story. How many retcons of both can both companies make.

Validus
Legion of Super-Heroes. Needs another reboot.

WrathfulDwarf
Batman or Green Lantern....mostly on the mythology of the characters.

Skeets
Originally posted by Validus
With Kara in it?

Validus
Originally posted by Skeets
With Kara in it?
Hell no. laughing out loud

Grimm22
For me, All Star Flash.

I honestly, have so many good ideas for the characters and storys.

I would like to make it so that Barry was the flash and he was in college.

The same way that Ultimate FF showed a younger FF, I would like to see a younger Barry as the flash

R.O.T. Yahman
OMG so many !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probaly either Palnetary, Squadron Supreme or the Avengers. Allstar JLA and G.L's would be cool aswell.

R.O.T. Yahman

I haven't read it, but Waid is usually so good ? sad

UniOmni
My own companies books.
I am so trying to start a comic book company, so any serious potential writers in the New England region get at me.

DigiMark007
GL Corps. Pick an obscure new Lantern, do something cool with him/her. No one could get mad with me since it's not an established character, so I could have more fun.

Draco69
Aquaman. I'd retcon and rework the character to the bare bones.

Validus
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
I haven't read it, but Waid is usually so good ? sad
It is "good". It just isn't what the Legion should be. Legion should be epic stories on a galactic scale. Not this planetary peacekeepers bit.

I'd also write GL if only for the chance to show how powerful a GL can really be. I would make it crystal clear he's in a League of his own among his JLA peers.

R.O.T. Yahman
It is "good". It just isn't what the Legion should be. Legion should be epic stories on a galactic scale. Not this planetary peacekeepers bit.

Make them more like the One million team, or ironically like the G.L. corp. I've been put off it cause i saw it as a 30th centuary teen titans. sad

I'd also write GL if only for the chance to show how powerful a GL can really be. I would make it crystal clear he's in a League of his own among his JLA peers.

Have you read Re charged or the Corps yet, its been generally pretty good? smile

jrodslam
Zatanna or X-Men.

Validus
The Legion is like the Corps. They should be fighting guys like Mordru or the Fatal Five and instead they're bickering at each other. Like I said, it's a good book just not what it should be.

UniOmni

I don't really care about the Legion, so i won't comment.

But in DC, where there are strict hierarchies of power, the league of their own thing wouldn't see ink.

The kryptonians are clearly intended to be the most powerful race in the mainstream.

Martians are seen as powerful, but only to up the stock of the above race.

GLs are best at making bubbles and saying "ugghhhh!".

But if i could write a oneshot GL book, she'd be that mix i proposed before.

Daxamite/Martian/New God permanent mixture, and sees the end times of the universe through to completion.

And it'd be called " The Ladys Prerogative"

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni

But in DC, where there are strict hierarchies of power, the league of their own thing wouldn't see ink.

The kryptonians are clearly intended to be the most powerful race in the mainstream.

GLs are best at making bubbles and saying "ugghhhh!".

Don't kill my dreams, mmmk?

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by UniOmni

IMO if thats to be sustained the origin and powersource of both thoses races powers will have to be improved/updated. I mean the guardians where more advanced than the Kryptonians and they played Dolly the Sheep with the Martians.

Inhuman
Superman. Supes under my control would say goodbye to plot device powers, everyone jobbing to him, ect.
It would sell millions. evil face

There are other heros comics i would want to write for the same reasons. wink

inamilist
of books already in production, Cable & Deadpool is really tempting, since it has some relly interesting overarching concepts of messiahs and whatnot

the best would be a re-launch of man-thing. Seriously, I have some wicked ideas about the character, I'd go way back to the 70s when gerber was writing it and it was insane. Covered everything from racism to book burning from the POV of a monster.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Draco69
Aquaman. I'd retcon and rework the character to the bare bones. Same for me, though i wouldn't retcon and re-work that much. Just the inconsistencies, and a few of the times Atlantis has been destroyed (it's ridiculous how many times that's happened). Even though every writer since has ignored it, i'd wipe Larsen's Aquaman run from existence (he brought back Arthur's mum and turned a one time decent villain into a deformed monster called PIRANHA-MAN. I swear, if i could gather up every issue of his run that exists in the world i'd have me a big bonfire and then i'd piss on the remains.) Aquaman has a great history, so i'd keep that intact. I'd probably get rid of the water-hand and just have normal hand. Then i'd just concentrate on writing good stories.

Spideys Sister
Ultimate Spidey vol 11. Bendis ***ed it up past acceptability. And if I could my own comic... sad ss#11 sucked. My ratings sucked.... Man, I suck!

MightyEInherjar
Without trying to sound like a fanboy (starting to piss me off that someone can't say something about Hulk seriously w/o a number of people blowing it off as fanboyism) I would redo a lot of the Hulk books. I also wouldn't have him cross over to so many books as a potential bad guy, because thats when he loses the most. You can't very well have the bad guy unbeaten and rampaging around in any book by the conclusion.

I'd make him perhaps a bit more rational, because he gets so frenzied that you write yourself into a hole. "Okay, so we have him going crazy mad in a city, now what? Hmm, well...he goes...crazier? Well sh*t, now what? I guess we have to make someone take him down...who's closest? Spiderman you say? Oh, well, I guess that'll do.." Kinda kills a lot of Hulk plots. Lots of them end up going the same. Banner says some smart thing, Hulk gets mad, Hulk gets madder, Hulk gets taken down or stops getting mad. End.

Anyhow, I'd love to do some Thor ones too, just because he'd be a cool guy to write about.

bigbran
Silver Surfer, just for the post above mine and talking about hulk's actual losses.
I would throw hulk and wolverine against Silver Surfer, and then we will see the 2 most overated characters, get blown to bits.

And I would make tyrant come back in one of the books, and beat all of the heralds again.

MJOILNIR
I would make a great book about Rune King Thor awakening from sleep. Rebuilding a new Asgard ect.

K3VIL
Justice League, I'd love to make my own issues of the JLA, I got plenty ideas to improve the stories.And also I'll bring back Thor on Avengers, the real deal, with something more decent than Don Blake find the hammer and Thor is back.I'll also bring back Thor's own series.I'll make the Avengers earth's mightiest heroes again, and put them against REAL THREATS in almost any issue, not freakin ninjas and Sauron, but real deals.They'll become more JLA like, dropping street level guys and gain powerful members.
Also a mini series of Hawkeye, and one about Red Tornado.

The Pict
I'd like to do Astonishing X-Men when Whedon leaves so someone who wants to change everything about the comic doesn't get the chance to. Also I think Ord was cool and has a future as a powerful villain so I wouldn't kill him off straight away.

masterkit
X-men

Grimm22
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
Ultimate Spidey vol 11. Bendis ***ed it up past acceptability. And if I could my own comic... sad ss#11 sucked. My ratings sucked.... Man, I suck!

Was that the carnage arc confused

Yeah that did suck. Im glad that he is pretty much making up for it with the Clone Saga big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.