Do any of you actually know what the Gothic Religion is?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheBalance
Seriously there is a Gothic Religion and it has a bible and a following, now, Do any of you actually know what the Gothic Religion is?

Go for it Tell me what u think the Gothic Religion is and i'll listen to all of you and then tell you the truth!

Let the Brainstorming commence!...

Alliance
Is this Gothic Christianity?

before we answer...is this on official faith? one with an institutional place of worship and officialy recognized?

(i.e. not made up by you?)

TheBalance
hey alliance dont get bitter man, i like you nice sig btw.

it is an Tecnicaly official religion just... not that many people actually follow the actual gothic religion but alot know the gist of it and yes this is Gothic Christianity and no there is no central place of worship because we dont need a "holy" place to go for he is all around us and we can pray however subtly wherever we want and he'll hear us and no i didn't make it up i actually have read the gothic bible (that is about: D:5 inches W:A4 H:A4 and still has ancient germanic text that will not be translated for the fact of error) translated incorrectly as the satanic bible and later changed by anti-christs to be an actual satanic bible. So no its not made up.

Alliance
thanks big grin

but it still makes many of smae mistakes every other religion does...it thinks there are anti-chirsts (hence, in addition, a christ), and it thinks it has a monopoly on spirituality.

Nellinator
Originally posted by TheBalance
hey alliance dont get bitter man, i like you nice sig btw.

it is an Tecnicaly official religion just... not that many people actually follow the actual gothic religion but alot know the gist of it and yes this is Gothic Christianity and no there is no central place of worship because we dont need a "holy" place to go for he is all around us and we can pray however subtly wherever we want and he'll hear us and no i didn't make it up i actually have read the gothic bible (that is about: D:5 inches W:A4 H:A4 and still has ancient germanic text that will not be translated for the fact of error) translated incorrectly as the satanic bible and later changed by anti-christs to be an actual satanic bible. So no its not made up.
Do you use the Bible itself as well?
I have read the Satanic bible and if the Gothic bible is anything like it I would have to say the Gothic religion is bad. But until I know the truth of the matter I will not vote.

Alliance
"bad"

TheBalance
no the satanic bible u read is the version that has been twisted over a milleniums of suppressive christian acts to demonize the Gothic religion because it was thought to be evil, but in fact the only reason it was first push underground was that the Gothic religion does not require a church which in those days meant the wudn't have to pay a church entrance fee, which meant less money for the government.

the thing is that its really another form of christianity.
We worship god, and fight satan! the major differance is that we also worship the spiritual side of death, not physical, we worship the judgementor, at the end of ur life he uses god's wisdom, satan's plans to rightfully judge you to heaven or hell or the hierachy of heaven or the third worl which is generally known as limbo, but when in "Limbo" ur not waiting, ur stuck there, its a world like this one exactly but, with no love, no hate, no feelings, no emotion, no warmth, no cold, no colours, no sun, no moon, no life, no death, if u cud imagine nothingness, the third world wud be it!

There is a constant battle between GOOD and EVIL on the plains of the third world, the judgementor knows what is good and will always pick a side that is right and his army of outcasts will join the side and fight, which is usually god's side but there has been exceptions like the DARK AGES and WWII, and now with the forces of good and evil so strong they will start to spill over to the real world voiding the agreement that the world is not to be touched physically until the war is won and is owned by a side, that cud be in 5 to 5000 years.

grey fox
Do you mean gothic as in the sad bastards who i run over on a daily basis or as in the bad-ass German goths who sack various countries and sacrifice their POW's to Tyz ?

Imperial_Samura
I must admit, shockingly enough, that I am somewhat vague on "Gothic Christianity" - anyone care to clarify it for me? What are its main claims that set it apart from the other versions of Christianity?

Deus Venèficus
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
I must admit, shockingly enough, that I am somewhat vague on "Gothic Christianity" - anyone care to clarify it for me? What are its main claims that set it apart from the other versions of Christianity?

They are an odd group... just think of a bunch of people in all black clothing with black makeup and spikes who carry around Bibles and you have ta da the gothic Christian... they even have a website I believe. I have met a couple of them myself.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

grey fox

Storm

grey fox
Originally posted by Storm
Gothic Christianity refers to the Christian religious beliefs of the Eastern Germanic, or Gothic tribes that overran the Western Roman Empire in the Fifth Century.

Sweet , you mean the war God Tyz and the various other deities worshiped by the ostrogoths and....damn i can't remember the other one...nuts.

TheBalance
Gothic Christianity refers to the Christian religious beliefs of the Eastern Germanic, or Gothic tribes that overran the Western Roman Empire in the Fifth Century.

u r good,
but do u know the rest of the story?

TheBalance
Originally posted by grey fox
Sweet , you mean the war God Tyz and the various other deities worshiped by the ostrogoths and....damn i can't remember the other one...nuts.

That was Viking Germans ages ago but after it got pushed underground and forgotten

TheBalance
Does it have a forum ? I'm feeling like taking a stroll on other forums.

no

TheBalance
i'll answer all ur questions and asumptions soon but i'm off to bed, bye

Deus Venèficus

I didn't even realize that the germanic tribes had Christian beliefs...

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

Alliance
They had to aquirte them sometime between the fall of Rome and Charlemagne.

lord xyz
Seriously there is a Gothic Religion and it has a bible and a following, now, Do any of you actually know what the Gothic Religion is?

Go for it Tell me what u think the Gothic Religion is and i'll listen to all of you and then tell you the truth!

Let the Brainstorming commence!... Goth is a way of sacraficing your hapiness in the name of Jesus Christ. Sounds pretty christian to me. erm

Shakyamunison
Goth is not a religion. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nellinator
All I can say is that the religion sounds very dark and depressing. Also, the Germanic Satanist Bible is not the authoritative Word of God and should not be followed so fervently.

MightyEInherjar

You thinking of Tiwaz? or Yiriz?

Gregory
Goth is not a religion. This has been mentioned before, but I think it's so important, in the context of this thread, that it bears repeating.

Think, people. The goth movement doesn't have any official headquarters, and official leaders, or any official doctrine. But it has a religion? Ha ha, no.

Imperial_Samura

I was thinking of them, but I had thought I couldn't possibly be right. Thanks for clearing that up.

TheBalance
Originally posted by lord xyz
Goth is a way of sacraficing your hapiness in the name of Jesus Christ. Sounds pretty christian to me. erm

nope its very much about keeping ur happiness and ur goodness in balance, god doesn't want u to be sad cause that wud contradict on everything he is aiming for...

TheBalance
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Goth is not a religion. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And u wud Know?

Shakyamunison
And u wud Know?

What dose "wud" mean?

TheBalance
Originally posted by Gregory
Goth is not a religion. This has been mentioned before, but I think it's so important, in the context of this thread, that it bears repeating.

Think, people. The goth movement doesn't have any official headquarters, and official leaders, or any official doctrine. But it has a religion? Ha ha, no.

u r one od those people who use big words to sound big?

anyway thats the whole point we dont need a Headquarters or leaders or an official doctrine.
God is our leader, Heaven is our Headquarters and the Gothic (not Satanic) bible is our doctrine!

Shakyamunison

anyway thats the whole point we dont need a Headquarters or leaders or an official doctrine.
God is our leader, Heaven is our Headquarters and the Gothic (not Satanic) bible is our doctrine!

I would say that your belief is a cult. Before your belief can become a religion, it will have to be recognized by a large number of people.

TheBalance
What dose "wud" mean?

Wud = Would

say it as its spelt and u'll get it
thats how most chat lingo's work

Shakyamunison
Wud = Would

say it as its spelt and u'll get it
thats how most chat lingo's work

Thanks.

Every now and I again I see one that I don't get, right away. big grin

TheBalance
I would say that your belief is a cult. Before your belief can become a religion, it will have to be recognized by a large number of people.

which it has, not as many as christianity but...

I and alot of true goths out there are trying to rebuild it after mileniums of suppresion and twisted underground views.

Milleniums ago the Gothic Religion was spread across the whole of Eastern Europe but was suppressed because it meant less money for the government!

See my above post!

Gregory

Three syllables constitute "big words," do they? Well, maybe for some people.

Gothic Christianity was repressed because it was a heretical sect that denied Christ's divinity and the doctrine of the Trinity, not because it meant less money for the government. Are you talking about something else?

Alliance

Alfheim
sounds like a scam

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Gregory
Three syllables constitute "big words," do they? Well, maybe for some people.

Gothic Christianity was repressed because it was a heretical sect that denied Christ's divinity and the doctrine of the Trinity, not because it meant less money for the government. Are you talking about something else?

Like so many other Christians back then, some with far nicer, or or less nicer (yeah, I know) views then this particular group.

Well, not an organised religion, certainly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.