Luke ESB vs. Anakin ROTS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Scythe
This is a dogfight with Luke in an X-wing and Anakin in his interceptor.

Both are around the same age here, and roughly same flying experience. Anakin had been flying throughout the clone wars and Luke was already a member of Rogue Squadron for a few years by the time of the Hoth invasion and already bagged a Death Star.

Quinlan_Vos
Anakin wins. He's been flying ships from a young age, viz. the podracer, while Luke probably only flew a landspeeder. Anakin must have gained flying experience from his missions as a Padawan and during the Clone Wars. I don't think Luke can put up with this, but then again, he does use the Force while flying.

Council#13
What that one said.

darthsith19
Anakin was the best starpilot in the galaxy. Luke wasn't. In ANH Vader was much betetr than Luke and Vader is perhaps equal to ROTS Anakin. I doubt Luke got that much better between films, probably better but not that much better. Plus Anakin's got the better starfighter.

Btw, Quinlan_Vos, Lukle actually flew his T-16 Skyhopper, whish goes even faster than a podracer, through beggars canyon and went through it on swoop bikes, which travel nearly as fast as podracers.

kamikz
I remember Anakin in the clone wars defeating a droid army in his starfighter alone....with ease.... He takes this...

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Quinlan_Vos
Anakin wins. He's been flying ships from a young age, viz. the podracer, while Luke probably only flew a landspeeder. Anakin must have gained flying experience from his missions as a Padawan and during the Clone Wars. I don't think Luke can put up with this, but then again, he does use the Force while flying.
This one argees.

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by kamikz
I remember Anakin in the clone wars defeating a droid army in his starfighter alone....with ease.... He takes this...

Clone Wars is exaggeration

kamikz
Indeed, but it is still canon.

jollyjim311
The events sure, but, I don't think they happened exactly as depicted in the Clone Wars series.

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by jollyjim311
The events sure, but, I don't think they happened exactly as depicted in the Clone Wars series.

It was made for Children, who wanted Jedi more Godly

((The_Anomaly))
Anakin is the best pilot pretty much ever. He wins.

kamikz

Indeed. So, the event with Anakin facing an army happened, but we don't know the outcome? blink

jollyjim311
I mean, like, Mace Windu high jacking a droid and piloting it due to holding wires. Or when he punched through durasteel. If he could actually do all those things, then, he could have went to Geonisis by himself and, well, won.

((The_Anomaly))
^^ Yes he's right about this. Not all the feats in the CW cartoon are considered canon. Since ALL other sources on the characters dispute that they are capable of doing those things.

If Mace could punch through durasteel, and defeat about 500 droids without his lightsaber (as he did in the CW cartoon) then he should have been able to kill Kar Vastor (in Shatterpoint) with one punch (but rather he lost) and he should have been able to go to the Geonisis arena and destroy ALL the droids by himself. Obviously he cannot do that.

darthsith19
I agree, Yoda's unrealistic in the cartoon, too, if he could really move landing ships with the Force he'd have been able to stop Dooku's Solar Sailer from leaving Geonosis.

Darth Kreiger
The Cartoons are a touchy subject, they technically have the same level of Canon as other EU(possibly higher, did Lucas make em?) yet everything else debunks their abilitys

darthsith19
No, Lucas did not make them any more than he made Labyrinth of Evil or any other EU novel.

Darth Kreiger
K, then they're the same level of Canon =/

((The_Anomaly))
Yes but the way canon works is that in cases such as the CW cartoons where they feats are way over what a character is known to be able to do, you take the majority of evidence over the one feat.

This is just a canon rule throughout fiction. So say in one comic Wolverine is shown lifting a building. then according to that comic he can lift buildings. However, since ALL other material says that he cannot even come close to lifting a building the majority takes precedent over the one instance. Like Mace killing hundreds of droids with his hands, while it happened, ALL the other known sources on Mace dispute that he is capable of it (including the highest canon, the movies) so the instance(s) where he does these things are basically vetoed by the majority of sources.

kamikz
I mean, like, Mace Windu high jacking a droid and piloting it due to holding wires. Or when he punched through durasteel. If he could actually do all those things, then, he could have went to Geonisis by himself and, well, won.

I know what you mean, but that is not the point. The point is that at those places, Mace had an army with him, those feats are of course to make it cool. But Anakin was alone against an army, how could it possibly have another appreance or outcome? It can't...

Swirly Girl
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5882/crad47ai.png

Darth Scythe
Originally posted by Swirly Girl
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5882/crad47ai.png

Sorry, should I have revived a 5 year old thread like you did instead?

Quinlan_Vos
The Clone Wars series are not as over-rated as people say they are. For example, Hayden Christensen, with only some weeks training, was able to portray. In the SW galaxy, if Anakin trained with a saber for ten years plus was able to use the Force, I would say he's not too far off from his Clone Wars series counterpart, except he probably can't move through the trees of Yavin IV that fast.

Therefore, while some parts are pure exaggeration (Mace punching through steel), the Clone Wars to a certain extent shows the factual skill of each Jedi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.