which one is the best ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
so which is the best out of these three??

Lord of the ring
Star wars
Harry potter ?

I vote for LOTR becouse they are the best films ever made in history !

jaden101
Originally posted by coolmovies

I vote for LOTR becouse they are the best films ever made in history !

how anyone can say that and keep a straight face really is beyond me

Evil Dead
I see....double post......ignore my reply in the other thread then.

Let's see here........um.......Star Wars....

when it comes to fanboy geekdom, Star Wars can't be messed with. The movie has had a massive main-stream following for 30 years...........where as the other two flicks are some johnny come lately magic kiddie shit (HP) and Dungeons and Dragons knock off (LotR).....

MildPossession
I'm not massive on any of the film series, but did enjoy Lord of the Rings more than the Harry Potter films and the Star Wars films.

Solo
The original Star Wars trilogy is close to flawless.

masterkit
Star Wars

SpaceMonkey
Star Wars for sure!!!! Even though LotR is a VERY close second. The 2 best movie series EVER!!!!

coolmovies
ROTJ is not very famouse for some fans where all three LOTR movies are 10/10

AstroFan
1. Star Wars
2. Harry Potter

1,302. LOTR

Dusty
1. Star Wars
2. Rings
3. Potter

SelphieT
I voted Starwars

sithsaber408
Starwars is what even made the other two possible.

Ask Peter Jackson, he'll tell you so himself, or on the OT Starwars dvd's.

Again, as far as innovation and scope and scale: Starwars.

As far as movie quality (writing, acting, effects, music): Starwars/LOTR tie, and potter is last.

As far as overall fun to watch and likeability:

1. Starwars
2. LOTR
3. Potter

coolmovies
I was watching Genration Jedi and a sw fan said now its the turn of LOTR and HP to take over . So GL stop messing around and give SW a rest plz .

Impediment
Star Wars by far. LOTR is good, but overrated.

The Pict
As much as I prefer fantasy over Sci-Fi I have to go with Star wars.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Solo
The original Star Wars trilogy is close to flawless.

agreed on that except for Jedi.jedi went against everything the other two films accomplished.Where the Harry Potter films have only gotten better each time so I vote harry potter.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by coolmovies
ROTJ is not very famouse for some fans where all three LOTR movies are 10/10

yep. big grin so true,so true.Many of them as well are like me and were dissapointed with that one.

dave_kodak
im a little fan boy who hates lord of the rings and loves star wars.

no not really, i dont mind lord of the rings, hell i dont like any of them that much but i voted star wars cuz i like all that sci-fi stuff.

lord of the rings was good but i liked starwars, or at least 4,5,6.
and as for harry potter, seen them all, never read any of the books, and meh dont really care for it all that much.

fanboy out.

Wolfie
Star Wars was like, "Hey, our movie worked. Let's see where we go from there." They formed a large following like that (with the original trilogy) and I respect that.

LOTR was pretentious, IMO. They were planning the success of it. I was waiting for one of the producers to point at me and say, "Hey, like it, or else!" The following these films were going to get was expected.

Harry Potter is kids stuff, hard to compare with the other two franchises.

forumcrew
Im a huge Star Wars fan, but I wont say they are the best. THey are my favorite for sure though but best is just a matter of your opinion.

Naz
I vote Lord of the Rings, not only because I love those movies, but because what's behind them is a seperate world that Tolkein went through the trouble of making, that's as detailed as our world. Harry Potter and Star Wars aren't like that. They're just stories that their authors make up as they go along.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Evil Dead

when it comes to fanboy geekdom, Star Wars can't be messed with. The movie has had a massive main-stream following for 30 years...........where as the other two flicks are some johnny come lately magic kiddie shit (HP) and Dungeons and Dragons knock off (LotR).....

LotRs is a D&D knock off? Wouldn't it be the other way round?

Anyway a close call between SW (original trilogy) and LotR. Star Wars is docked points for the prequels and the Ewoks (yes, I can hold a grudge.) To close to call in the end.

Harry Potter films don't come close in the end.

who?-kid
Lord of the Rings by a mile. The problem with Star Wars is that there a quite a few things that even the die hard Star Wars fan boys more or less dislike (Jar Jar, the uninspired "Phantom Menace", the casting of Hayden, the Ewoks...).

I also want to mention the fact that Lucas isn't half the director that Peter Jackson is.

Bottom line is : a lot of Star Wars stuff are still being heavily debated, Lord of the Rings doesn't have that problem, or at least not in the same way.

Lord of the Rings also has better movie structure than Star Wars : it's in fact one movie, divided in three parts. Last but not least, it was a very risky project : what are the chances the audience will watch a 10 hour long fantasy movie with God knows how many characters, countries, languages and so on?

George Lucas played it very safe : he knew Darth Vader was very popular, so he makes three movies about Darth Vader. How creative.

Impediment
Originally posted by who?-kid
Lord of the Rings by a mile. The problem with Star Wars is that there a quite a few things that even the die hard Star Wars fan boys more or less dislike (Jar Jar, the uninspired "Phantom Menace", the casting of Hayden, the Ewoks...).

There are numerous problems with Episodes 1, 2, and 3. 4, 5, and 6, however, didnt have nearly as many. With the exception, I will admit, of the Ewoks.

I also want to mention the fact that Lucas isn't half the director that Peter Jackson is.

Yes he is. Lucas may hve lost his vision over the years, but that doesnt make him any less of a director. Why do you think so in the frist place?

Bottom line is : a lot of Star Wars stuff are still being heavily debated, Lord of the Rings doesn't have that problem, or at least not in the same way.

Debating what, exactly? As if LOTR isn't?

Lord of the Rings also has better movie structure than Star Wars : it's in fact one movie, divided in three parts. Last but not least, it was a very risky project : what are the chances the audience will watch a 10 hour long fantasy movie with God knows how many characters, countries, languages and so on?

Star Wars is, essentialy. the very same thing. Think of it as a 6 part "Space Opera". LOTR is dissected the same way, except that its "Wizards and Warriors" instead of "Space and Science". And there were many, many languages withing the Star Wars universe. The same with all the backstories of different characters and history therein.

George Lucas played it very safe : he knew Darth Vader was very popular, so he makes three movies about Darth Vader. How creative.

Lucas knew that he was making a great series of moves that were original, inventive, and visionary. How creative, indeed. Jackson made three movies that were 3+ hours each about midgets, rings, and swordfights.

who?-kid
Originally posted by Impediment
Yes he is. Lucas may hve lost his vision over the years, but that doesnt make him any less of a director. Why do you think so in the frist place?
That's easy : I look at the movies, compare them and judge. Have you seen LOTR ? In every movie, there are some scenes that are just beautiful...

For example : Fellowship of the Ring, the long sequence of the camera following the moth, than visiting Gandalf, and than jumping into the deep of Isengard. Take your DVD, look at it and judge for yourself, but that's an awesome scene.

George Lucas does NOT have those kinds of scenes : spectacular yes, great FX no problem, but he isn't exactly a cam wizard.

I don't want to start another debate, but a lot of people consider The Empire Strikes Back as the best Star Wars movie. I agree with them. It wasn't directed by George Lucas however...

DeVi| D0do
Lucas lost it after A New Hope. That was a film by a visionary filmmaker. Anything he's done since (including Jedi) seems to have been fueled by money and the delusion the fans give him that he is still an excellent director.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's a terrible director... not even a bad one. But he's not half the director he was when he made A New Hope, THX and American Graffiti.

That said, Star Wars still gets my vote... by miles. The story, the characters, the locations, the visuals, the excitement, the fun... By far, the Original Trilogy is the greatest trilogy ever made.

Lord of the Rings also has better movie structure than Star Wars : it's in fact one movie, divided in three parts.
This is precisely the reason I prefer Star Wars. LOTR is just to freakin long and too freakin boring. I saw them all at the theatre and enjoyed them a lot... but I'd never watch them again. I couldn't count the number of times I've watched the Original Star Wars Trilogy...

That would be a fair statement if it were at all true... The Prequels were about Anakin, not Vader... If Lucas had played it safe he'd have begun the films with Vader in the suit...

And as for Harry Potter... I've fallen asleep through every one I've tried to watch... That can't be a good thing.

rotiart
Originally posted by Evil Dead

Actually the inspiration for the entire franchise of dungeons and dragons pretty much came from the writings of J.R. Tolkien....

LOTR came way before gary gygax.

Wolfie
I think people criticizing Lucas are forgetting that he didn't direct Empire or Jedi.

Koenig
LOTR was better than the rest.

SnakeEyes
I respect both Peter Jackson and George Lucas greatly. And I think, for the most part, they both did wonderful jobs. Lucas had his screw-ups, but I can forgive him, because I definitely think that what we got (which was an awesome Sci-Fi saga) was worth the problems that came along with it. I respect Lucas because he created Star Wars and everything along with it, such as characters, planets, species, technology and so on. That takes some serious imagination. Peter Jackson didn't create Lord of the Rings, but that almost makes for a harder time making the movies, because he needs to translate a beloved story onto the screen, and not **** it up, which he didn't. I think he did an amazing job. Star Wars wins by a tiny bit, for me.

bakerboy
If you are talking about the classic star wars movies for me its:

First star wars, then lord of the rings, and then harry potter.

If its new star wars movie, for me its: first lord of the rings, then harry potter and then star wars.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Wolfie
I think people criticizing Lucas are forgetting that he didn't direct Empire or Jedi.

I dont think they are criticising him for those,just those horrible prequals which should never have been made.But then again neither should ROTJ.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.