What can be done texas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

btld_djinn
I am currently a law student and I have a friend who's trying to find out what he can do. He was charged with domestic violence(first offense), against his wife. He got bonded out, talked to her and I guess they agreed she would drop the charges. I guess they got into an argument last night and now she says she is going to push the charges again. What can be done, and how is this going to affect his case? Will she be able to push the charges even after she has now held that she would drop them for almost a month before turning around and saying that she was pressing them anyway?

~Flamboyant~
Dude, you're the law student. ermm

Gregory
I advise a nuclear strike against Austin, followed by economic sanctions.

Alliance
I think Texas should be givne back to Mexico.

"We're sorry we took it from you, here...have it back."

jaden101
yes the same charges can be applied for the same offence because there was never a final judgement passed on the charges....

only when that occurs do the protections of "autrefois acquit (double jeopardy) apply

botankus
Where's Gay Guy when you need him? After all, he was a professor and always knew how to solve everyone's problems for them.

Soleran
Originally posted by btld_djinn
I am currently a law student and I have a friend who's trying to find out what he can do. He was charged with domestic violence(first offense), against his wife. He got bonded out, talked to her and I guess they agreed she would drop the charges. I guess they got into an argument last night and now she says she is going to push the charges again. What can be done, and how is this going to affect his case? Will she be able to push the charges even after she has now held that she would drop them for almost a month before turning around and saying that she was pressing them anyway?

Yeah he can send her flowers and move out of the house then beg her to drop the charges while living away from her until she does.

PVS
Originally posted by Alliance
I think Texas should be givne back to Mexico.

"We're sorry we took it from you, here...have it back."

laughing out loud

you won the thread

smoker4
laughing out loud

Domestic abuse is illegal in Texas?

Alliance
Originally posted by PVS
laughing out loud

you won the thread

awesome.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by btld_djinn

Well, I guess it is her right to do this (though usually, in Australia at least, if a charge is defeated in court, or dropped for whatever reason, usually they don't bring it back to life unless their is something new to answer for.) How is it going to effect the case? Well, he is clearly guilty (since you aren't saying he didn't do it) I don't see how the charge juggling changes anything.

Though I have to ask - why on earth are they together? It hardly sounds like a happiness conducive relationship.

tabby999
Originally posted by smoker4
laughing out loud

Domestic abuse is illegal in Texas?

i know. you touch a child inappropriately and its only 45 minutes in jail wink

Lumanix
Originally posted by PVS
laughing out loud

you won the thread Wooo... great prize.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Lumanix
Wooo... great prize.

Better then a punch in the face, as the wise men say.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.