Can I wait til I'm old, on my deathbed to I ask God for forgiveness? Will he accept?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Can I be a badboy all my life and ask for forgiveness as an old dying man and will he forgive me?

Alliance
According to some religons, yes.

of course this procludes that:

1. There is something to forgive

2. THere is something that can forgive you.

lord xyz
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Can I be a badboy all my life and ask for forgiveness as an old dying man and will he forgive me? That's my plan anyway.

Shakyamunison
Can I be a badboy all my life and ask for forgiveness as an old dying man and will he forgive me?

IMO there is nothing to be saved from.

Alliance
imo too

lord xyz
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
IMO there is nothing to be saved from. Now there's a thought.

debbiejo
According to the Bible, yes. It was even written that Darwin was on his death bed asking for forgiveness.

Alliance
Darwin was very religious.

FistOfThe North
Darwin? The evolutionist? Lol, he hell? I thought he was an atheist.

Alliance
Hell no. He originally was in seminary school. All his work had massive religous overtones. He thought he discovered the way god worked.

Science was a way to get closer to god, to understand his nature and the nature of his creation.

FistOfThe North
Ops, typo. I meant ... "Lol, what the hell?"

Alliance
np.

FistOfThe North
But the opposite of evolution is creationsim, which was obviously opposed, right?

Alliance
No. Its just not 7-day creationism.

Nellinator
I voted yes, but you cannot just ask for forgiveness with your mouth on your death bed as I assume you mean. You have to truly believe that Christ died on the cross for you and that by his blood your sins will be washed away. Confessing it with your mouth is only part of it. "God weighs the motives of the heart." You need to believe as well to receive the forgiveness.

Alliance
Or none of it actually happens.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Alliance
Or none of it actually happens.

Talk about onliners, eh?

FeceMan
Yes.

However, the "deathbed conversion" program (fire insurance included) suffers from the "sudden death" clause, in which, if one dies prematurely, one doesn't have the opportunity to fulfill the legal obligations of the "deathbed conversion" program.

Alliance
Originally posted by FeceMan
Yes.

However, the "deathbed conversion" program (fire insurance included) suffers from the "sudden death" clause, in which, if one dies prematurely, one doesn't have the opportunity to fulfill the legal obligations of the "deathbed conversion" program.

This is the program that costs your soul right?

LordFear
I answered no because it is not as simple as it sounds. You just don't realize that you were an ******* all your life and on your deathbed say" Hey God forgive right, we cool right?" Nah, PEOPLE it doesn't work like that. Redemption is very possible but you have to truly truly mean it, you have to feel a complete transformation or else you will not be granted forgiveness

Regret

Not if it occurred to you that you would need to ask for forgiveness now. This implies you knew it was wrong.

Templares
Why jump the gun and beg for forgiveness at your deathbed when you could do it LATER in the afterlife?

God, the Christian one anyway, is one merciful nigg@ wink .

(All of this assuming that God and the afterlife DOES exist).

grey fox
Originally posted by lord xyz
That's my plan anyway.

I think it's everyones plan XYZ ....mine certainly.....

Shakyamunison
Why don't you just become a Christian for a month or so, and then go back to the way you are now? Once saved, you will never go to hell.

FeceMan
This is the program that costs your soul right?
This program ensures the lasting of your soul for eternity, it doesn't cost it.

Lord Urizen
This program ensures the lasting of your soul for eternity, it doesn't cost it.

I tried the program. It was boring yawn and felt ultamately unfulfilling.

But hey....maybe I'm so corrupt that I've become immune to God's Grace droolio

FeceMan
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
I tried the program. It was boring yawn and felt ultamately unfulfilling.

But hey....maybe I'm so corrupt that I've become immune to God's Grace droolio
I do not understand your infatuation with that drooling smilie face.

Lord Urizen
I do not understand your infatuation with that drooling smilie face.

It's sexy droolio

JesusIsAlive

Of course He will if you are sincere.

Rogue Jedi
first and foremost: you have to be sincere about it. you have to believe that god allowed his only son, jesus, to be crucified to save us from our sins. you then have to allow yourself to be saved by god. you have to genuinely accept god as your savior. if you do it just to get out of trouble, better pack some hot weather gear, cuz you will be spending all eternity in hell.

Alliance
or...its all a big lie...like all relgion...made up to prove a point to those who are intellignet enough to actually understand it.

Nichole

Someone could murder 10 people, rape 20 people and be an awful sod their entire life, then all they have to do is get down and pray for forgivness, and that ever forgiving fool does. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alliance
Yep. Proof that Christianity is still nothing but a large stinky pile of bull.

Mr. Sandman
Originally posted by debbiejo
According to the Bible, yes. It was even written that Darwin was on his death bed asking for forgiveness.

That's a lie.

Alliance
Many Christians on this forum believe that if you simp[le accpet Jesus, you are saved, even if you raped a child an 5 minuetes before you die.

Mr. Sandman
Many Christians on this forum believe that if you simply accpet Jesus, you are saved, even if you raped a child 5 minutes before you die.

true.

also fixed the errors

Alliance
can you fix my apathy for my typing?

Mr. Sandman
Who do you think I am, Jesus?

FeceMan
Many Christians on this forum know that, according to the Bible, you can be saved simply by accepting Jesus even if you raped a child five minutes before you die--which just shows how great the love and sacrifice for Christ was.
I fixed it better.

Darth Kreiger
And then the Man is free to do it again in Heaven

Alliance
at least none of the children are pagan children.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
And then the Man is free to do it again in Heaven
Uh...are you talking about rape?

Rogue Jedi
Yep. Proof that Christianity is still nothing but a large stinky pile of bull.
where is this PROOF? show me this proof. just because you dont believe in it doesnt mean it does not exist.

Alliance
I'm quite aware that Christianity exists. I actually believe that Christianity exists. I don't believe it corrects.

The proof, which I referenced, is that in many forms of Christianity, you can be Hitler your entire life, but as long as you accept Jesus just before you die, you get straight to Christian heavan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.