There maybe an after life but is there a "before-life"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Maybe not, because we come out knowing if we had a past life, right? But Indians believe in reincarnation.

But could there be a before-life?

Alliance
could you stop making so many threads that simply ask your opinion on one-timer questions.

Regret
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Maybe not, because we come out knowing if we had a past life, right? But Indians believe in reincarnation.

But could there be a before-life?

Given that mortal memory is a pattern of synaptic activity "before-life" would not be remembered by a new physical presence.

I, and those of my religion, believe that the spirit existed prior to its presentation into the body.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Alliance
could you stop making so many threads that simply ask your opinion on one-timer questions.

Pseudo-mod talk.

And since your not a mod without the power to enforce your command, take this: Bite me. lol. Hard.

Alliance
be careful...i just might.

...and you might come away missing something.

no expression

it was a rational request from a member of the Concerned Citizens of the Religon Forum.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Regret
Given that mortal memory is a pattern of synaptic activity "before-life" would not be remembered by a new physical presence.

I, and those of my religion, believe that the spirit existed prior to its presentation into the body.

And where did this spirit reside, before becoming one with a new body, meaning.

FistOfThe North
be careful...i just might.

...and you might come away missing something.

no expression

it was a rational request from a member of the Concerned Citizens of the Religon Forum.

I may think about taking your concern under consideration, holyguy, but if i wanna know about something as interesting as this thred topic and someone else may know about it, then i'd like to read on what has to be written. Make my own judgements afterwards.

Anyway, what do you think.

Alliance
I have no power to force you to do anything otherwise.

I was just making a statement.

FistOfThe North
I have no power to force you to do anything otherwise.

I was just making a statement.

Sounded like a command to me..

"Can you stop...."

Alliance
Until you see "MODERATOR" under my name....

It was honestly meant as a request.

Regret
And where did this spirit reside, before becoming one with a new body, meaning.

I don't know. Somewhere in the universe. My beliefs hold that matter cannot be created or destroyed, E=MC^2, conservation and all. God organized this "energy" into spirits, and so, we resided with him I'd assume.

Nellinator
"And the spirit returns to God who gave it" Ecclesiastes 12:7
God created our spirit beforehand and placed it in our bodies once they were created.

Shakyamunison
Yes, we live over and over again.

Nellinator
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I see no proof of this. Therefore, it cannot be true.

Alliance
Kind of like god?

Regret
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

We are persistent is more accurate I think. In my understanding of Buddhist belief, life doesn't end, it continues. So we persistently live. Christians believe in a form of reincarnation. The Bible states that we will get a "new body" that will be better than the one we have now. So in essence we will be reincarnated in a new and better body if we behave appropriately. Also, belief in a spirit prior to the body is one incarnation, physical presence is another, and this better body is a third. All the same, the "life-force", if you will, is persistent, so we live constantly, although in differing incarnations.

lord xyz

But could there be a before-life? Intresting question, but sadly, we only live once. If we lived lives before and after the one we're living now, what's the point in dying? It would have no meaning and become an obsolete thought of pain.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Nellinator
I see no proof of this. Therefore, it cannot be true.

I see no proof that Jesus rose from the dead, therefore, it cannot be true.

Originally posted by lord xyz
Intresting question, but sadly, we only live once. If we lived lives before and after the one we're living now, what's the point in dying? It would have no meaning and become an obsolete thought of pain.

That is why Buddhists call it the world of suffering (Saha world).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.