Inheritance Trilogy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King_Keary
i love the two books CP has published so far and i hate it when people say he jsut ripped off others peoples stories. i would ahve to say so many movies and books have been published it's hard use someone elses amterial and he admits to using certain things from the pern series specifiaclly the ability to communicate telapathically (if i spelled that right) but people still shouldn't knock it. anyone else feel the way i do sad

masterkit
Search Function-Its Like Magic

Use It

even thou they got way off topic for two posts this thread has been done

Inheratance Trilogy

Council#13
I don't like his books too much. Paolani appears to have published his own first drafts. I'm hoping for a good movie though smile

Swirly Girl
Originally posted by King_Keary
i love the two books CP has published so far and i hate it when people say he jsut ripped off others peoples stories. i would ahve to say so many movies and books have been published it's hard use someone elses amterial and he admits to using certain things from the pern series specifiaclly the ability to communicate telapathically (if i spelled that right) but people still shouldn't knock it. anyone else feel the way i do sad

Eh? Paolini does copy material. There's a difference between using ideas like the hero's journey (which are employed by Star Wars, the Matrix, the list rolls on) and flat out plaugurising material; which Paolini does.

Seriously, didn't you even get a little suspicious when Eragon was a farmboy? Or when Brom was one of the last members of an ancient order dedicated to maintaing order and justice? Or when the story got so predictable you could just turn on the DVD player and pop in Star Wars: A New Hope and know what the story was?

Paolini is a awful writer and plauguriser who needs to be told that Eragon and Eldest read like crappy fanfiction.

Azure
Originally posted by Swirly Girl
Eh? Paolini does copy material. There's a difference between using ideas like the hero's journey (which are employed by Star Wars, the Matrix, the list rolls on) and flat out plaugurising material; which Paolini does.

Seriously, didn't you even get a little suspicious when Eragon was a farmboy? Or when Brom was one of the last members of an ancient order dedicated to maintaing order and justice? Or when the story got so predictable you could just turn on the DVD player and pop in Star Wars: A New Hope and know what the story was?

Paolini is a awful writer and plauguriser who needs to be told that Eragon and Eldest read like crappy fanfiction. gee, thanks alot! you just ruined the ending for me, because I love star wars, and now I know what happens!! *sticks tounge out*

Swirly Girl
Originally posted by Azure
gee, thanks alot! you just ruined the ending for me, because I love star wars, and now I know what happens!! *sticks tounge out*

Oh, damn! Sorry stick out tongue

Just buy the Original Trilogy novelisations. Better books, and you'll instantly know the plot of the Inheritance Trilogy.

masterkit

Council#13
Originally posted by Swirly Girl

Paolini is a awful writer and plauguriser who needs to be told that Eragon and Eldest read like crappy fanfiction.

Oooo oooo! I made a thread about that yes Or had made a comment just like that a few months ago confused

It's the latter

fantasygirl
How many goddamn Inheritance Trilogy threads are there? This is like the third thread or so, that I have seen so far. roll eyes (sarcastic)

babyccino
Oh well
I just have to say when writing a fantasy novel its hard not to take some other peoples ideas
Even when u may have never read their book

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.