Why the Hell should I beleive ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Urizen
Why should I beleive in God ? Just because you do ?

Before any of you answer this question, let me make something clear. I respect your right to beleive whatever you want. But I do not respect your condemnation and total disregard of what Athiests, Agnostics or people of other religions beleive.

This goes for any Christians, Jews, or Muslims who feel the need to tell me, or anyone else what we have to beleive. To tell us that you know for a fact that our assertions about life are completely wrong, or that we are on the wrong path, when you know nothing about any of our individual lives.

I have debated many Christians and Muslims on these forums, and found several interest things.
Althought some Christians and Muslims admit they are not totally sure about the truth of thier Faith and admit that they choose to beleive, and respect my right not too....there are too many other Christians and Muslims who claim they know the Truth without a doubt, and I should blindly follow thier beleif.

1) You have no Proof- The Bible is proof of nothing. You cannot prove to me God is real. You cannot prove to me the Bible is absolute truth. You cannot prove to me that there is a Heaven or Hell, nor can you prove to me that the Quran or any Central-God based reference holds any truth.

Why should I beleive such a Grand Idea so easily, when there is so much evidense to contradict religion?

2) Contradictions- God is a god of war, then he's a God of peace, God loves us all, but he also hates some of us, God loves us all but he also sends some of us to Hell, God created Adam and Eve, but then we were born out of Incest, God made the world in 7 days, but the world really took billions of years to form........

With such uncertainty, why should I submit ?

3) Mythological Influence- God is a rip off of Ahura Mazda, Ra, Osiris, Zeus, and many other beings who'd claim supremecy. Hell is a rip off of the Egyptian Underworld and Greek Tarturus, Heaven is a rip off of the Elysian Fields, Satan is a rip off of Ahriman, Anubis, and most of all Hades, while Jesus seems to be a rip off of SOASHYANT, the original "savior" who was meant to save this world from "scortching fires and judgment"...cough...cough...Armaggedon.

Armaggedon is a rip off of this idea, of "Ragnorok" the Norse God end of days, etc.

"Let there be Light" was also an idea stolen from Zoroastrianism which predated Judaism and Christianity.....

"Lucifer" was originally a roman pagan god, his name meant "light bearer" and "morning star"....then suddenly he turned into the mythological character he is today in Christianity...

4)God's love as Violence...yes, God loves his children so much he sends horrible plagues, kills the first born male of every Egyptian family, burns down two homosexual cities, sends his own son to be crucified (wow...dad loves ya !), and will STILL send multitudes of his own children to Hell in the End of Days.

On top of that we got Inquistion, Salem Witch Trials, Crusades, modern terrorism, where millions of innocent people were tortured and killed in the name of God (whether it be Allah, Jehovah, or Yahweh).

5) God's love as Discrimination "Gays are after your children", "women as second class citizens", minority races once looked at as inferior to the "children of God"....

Religion had its share in promoting racism and sexism all over this world. There is no denying that.

Now before I ask my primary question...before you give me some generic answer like "ye must beleiveth in God to go to Heaven"...because that's not an answer. That's just your belief.

Tell me WHY your belief is more correct than mine. Tell me WHY your beleif is true compared to all the other beleifs.

There are SO MANY OTHER RELIGIONS......Hinduism, Buddhism, Wiccanism, etc. There have been so many other relgions throughout history...Greek Mythology, Egpyptian mythology, Peruvian Mythology, Norse mythology, etc.etc.etc.

There are so many other books besides the Bible/Torah/Quran....Vedas Books of Wisdom, Book of Death, Book of Life, the Zenda Vesta, etc.

How do you know that Christianity/Judaism/Islam will not just be considered another "Ancient Mythology" in the late future ?

HOW - DO - YOU - KNOW.........?

You want me and so many others to give ourselves up, stop beleiving what we're beleiving already, and live life by YOUR Religion.....fine, but PROVE to me that you're right.....PROVE to me that my own beleifs and conclusions of myself and this world are wrong, and that Truth only lies in your Faith.

If you can't prove it, then why should I beleive you ?

gordomuchacho
That was a fiery post, i coudl feel the heat coming off my computer.

There is no way we can totally prove gods existence, it really comes down to a matter of belief in it or not. There are many archaeological finds that show there is soem truth in the bible/torah/koran, however, none of it proves gods existence. There are unnatural phenomena that occur that may prove that there is some kind of supernatural existence involved with our world which we cannot see or hear or feel, but nothing at this point in time can prove any religion correctly. Thast why I always am careful to say "i believe..." rather than "i know...".

DigiMark007
Erm, if you're so dead-set against believing in Christianity (and many of your reasons are very valid) why ask someone to try to convince you otherwise?

This thread just seems antagonistic to me, rather than in the spirit of discussion.

erm

...I'm going to recommend that this be closed.

Alliance
Trust me, there are many more antagonistic threads by Christians than against them.

..not that I really agree with this one.

Imperial_Samura
I find it interesting how in many Asiatic religions/mythologies an individual with horns was seen as divine, powerful and not all that bad, yet the same style of horns became devilish with the ascent of Christianity.

Not relevant, but still an entertaining historical tidbit brought to you by Imperial_Sumara.

Alliance
hmm...connection?

yes

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Alliance
Trust me, there are many more antagonistic threads by Christians than against them.

..not that I really agree with this one.

True, but that doesn't justify it.

Besides, the Mods are more aware of some of the antagonistic Christian threads. I'd be overly vindictive if put in charge, and would close a bunch of that stuff. But I guess it's a lesson in patience and tolerance if nothing else.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by DigiMark007

Besides, the Mods are more aware of some of the antagonistic Christian threads. I'd be overly vindictive if put in charge, and would close a bunch of that stuff. But I guess it's a lesson in patience and tolerance if nothing else.

I kind of agree. I'd consider merging a number of JesusIsAlives threads, and bringing back the religion forums social threads.

Then I'd go mad with power and demand sacrifice from those wishing to post in the religion forum.

Alliance
Originally posted by DigiMark007

As I said...I dont really agree with it. But if we are going to tolerate it...we should tolerate it across the spectrum.

Its just part of this forum imo.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
I'd consider merging a number of JesusIsAlives threads

yes

...if you've seen one fanatical web-comic touting Jesus, you've seen them all. And if I wanted to read scripture, I have a couple Bibles laying around.

Originally posted by Alliance
But if we are going to tolerate it...we should tolerate it across the spectrum.

Fair enough. Now if only such tolerance could spread to everyone who browses.

Alliance
Dreams may come to pass...or may pass in time.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Why should I beleive in God ? Just because you do ?

Before any of you answer this question, let me make something clear. I respect your right to beleive whatever you want. But I do not respect your condemnation and total disregard of what Athiests, Agnostics or people of other religions beleive.

This goes for any Christians, Jews, or Muslims who feel the need to tell me, or anyone else what we have to beleive. To tell us that you know for a fact that our assertions about life are completely wrong, or that we are on the wrong path, when you know nothing about any of our individual lives.

I have debated many Christians and Muslims on these forums, and found several interest things.
Althought some Christians and Muslims admit they are not totally sure about the truth of thier Faith and admit that they choose to beleive, and respect my right not too....there are too many other Christians and Muslims who claim they know the Truth without a doubt, and I should blindly follow thier beleif.

1) You have no Proof- The Bible is proof of nothing. You cannot prove to me God is real. You cannot prove to me the Bible is absolute truth. You cannot prove to me that there is a Heaven or Hell, nor can you prove to me that the Quran or any Central-God based reference holds any truth.

Why should I beleive such a Grand Idea so easily, when there is so much evidense to contradict religion?

2) Contradictions- God is a god of war, then he's a God of peace, God loves us all, but he also hates some of us, God loves us all but he also sends some of us to Hell, God created Adam and Eve, but then we were born out of Incest, God made the world in 7 days, but the world really took billions of years to form........

With such uncertainty, why should I submit ?

3) Mythological Influence- God is a rip off of Ahura Mazda, Ra, Osiris, Zeus, and many other beings who'd claim supremecy. Hell is a rip off of the Egyptian Underworld and Greek Tarturus, Heaven is a rip off of the Elysian Fields, Satan is a rip off of Ahriman, Anubis, and most of all Hades, while Jesus seems to be a rip off of SOASHYANT, the original "savior" who was meant to save this world from "scortching fires and judgment"...cough...cough...Armaggedon.

Armaggedon is a rip off of this idea, of "Ragnorok" the Norse God end of days, etc.

"Let there be Light" was also an idea stolen from Zoroastrianism which predated Judaism and Christianity.....

"Lucifer" was originally a roman pagan god, his name meant "light bearer" and "morning star"....then suddenly he turned into the mythological character he is today in Christianity...

4)God's love as Violence...yes, God loves his children so much he sends horrible plagues, kills the first born male of every Egyptian family, burns down two homosexual cities, sends his own son to be crucified (wow...dad loves ya !), and will STILL send multitudes of his own children to Hell in the End of Days.

On top of that we got Inquistion, Salem Witch Trials, Crusades, modern terrorism, where millions of innocent people were tortured and killed in the name of God (whether it be Allah, Jehovah, or Yahweh).

5) God's love as Discrimination "Gays are after your children", "women as second class citizens", minority races once looked at as inferior to the "children of God"....

Religion had its share in promoting racism and sexism all over this world. There is no denying that.

Now before I ask my primary question...before you give me some generic answer like "ye must beleiveth in God to go to Heaven"...because that's not an answer. That's just your belief.

Tell me WHY your belief is more correct than mine. Tell me WHY your beleif is true compared to all the other beleifs.

There are SO MANY OTHER RELIGIONS......Hinduism, Buddhism, Wiccanism, etc. There have been so many other relgions throughout history...Greek Mythology, Egpyptian mythology, Peruvian Mythology, Norse mythology, etc.etc.etc.

There are so many other books besides the Bible/Torah/Quran....Vedas Books of Wisdom, Book of Death, Book of Life, the Zenda Vesta, etc.

How do you know that Christianity/Judaism/Islam will not just be considered another "Ancient Mythology" in the late future ?

HOW - DO - YOU - KNOW.........?

You want me and so many others to give ourselves up, stop beleiving what we're beleiving already, and live life by YOUR Religion.....fine, but PROVE to me that you're right.....PROVE to me that my own beleifs and conclusions of myself and this world are wrong, and that Truth only lies in your Faith.

If you can't prove it, then why should I beleive you ?
maybe you and the dark lord can talk about this as you burn for all eternity.
i'll pm you from heaven, k? wink

Alliance
thanks for not contributing! big grin

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
maybe you and the dark lord can talk about this as you burn for all eternity.
i'll pm you from heaven, k? wink

Bad news... Heaven is an Amish zone. No technology.

Rogue Jedi
well, i'll write a note and send an owl, ok?

Alliance
more bad news...heavan is in your head kid.

Storm
Please use this link: Prove to me their's a god that your religion is true.

Thank you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.