Quasar vs. Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JOE NUNEZ
who wins?

rotiart
Oh Quasar. He makes shields that stood up to Phoenix, Thanos, Maelstrom.

Meaning Thor isn't hurting Wendell Vahn. (I think that was his name, long time since I read quasar)

Wendell does not restrain himself to earth. For example he has an energy latice surrounding earth that allows him to know whenever any object enters Earth's solar system.

His bands (as shown when silver surfer was the keeper) can create varying types of energy, including the kind Galactus feeds upon.

His bands also allow him to absorb various types of energy.

His bands allowed him to absorb and contain a cosmic entity (Ego)

Quasar wins 8/10

Psyquis52
Thor. He's done it before and he'll do it again.

Thor 7/10

bigbran
Originally posted by rotiart
Oh Quasar. He makes shields that stood up to Phoenix, Thanos, Maelstrom.

Meaning Thor isn't hurting Wendell Vahn. (I think that was his name, long time since I read quasar)

Wendell does not restrain himself to earth. For example he has an energy latice surrounding earth that allows him to know whenever any object enters Earth's solar system.

His bands (as shown when silver surfer was the keeper) can create varying types of energy, including the kind Galactus feeds upon.

His bands also allow him to absorb various types of energy.

His bands allowed him to absorb and contain a cosmic entity (Ego)

Quasar wins 8/10 Thanos blew the hell out of his shield.

bigbran
I'm to lazy to go and get the scans from image shack.

rotiart
No offense bran, but his attention wasn't on the dome, it was on Pip when they blasted out of it. And it wasn't just thanos, it was at least warlock too. you can see the energy emanating from warlocks gem.

And anyshield that can take a hit from Thanos... and not go down for a while...

kgkg
Quasar wins 7/10

aliveinboston
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
who wins?

Pretty easy. Keep in mind, this isnt even Thor proper.

http://img63.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img63&image=masters1.jpg
http://img53.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img53&image=masters2.jpg
http://img57.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img57&image=masters3.jpg
http://img65.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img65&image=masters4.jpg
http://img60.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img60&image=masters5.jpg
http://img58.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img58&image=masters6.jpg

Quasar himself admits, he is useless against magic, not that it would matter anyway if he took on the real Thor.

kgkg
Originally posted by aliveinboston
Pretty easy. Keep in mind, this isnt even Thor proper.

http://img63.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img63&image=masters1.jpg
http://img53.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img53&image=masters2.jpg
http://img57.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img57&image=masters3.jpg
http://img65.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img65&image=masters4.jpg
http://img60.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img60&image=masters5.jpg
http://img58.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img58&image=masters6.jpg

Quasar himself admits, he is useless against magic, not that it would matter anyway if he took on the real Thor. you see how he trapped thors hammer............he could have toss that to another dimensions...........

Thor might have the power to kill Qusar..... but Qusar has better options to win.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by kgkg
you see how he trapped thors hammer............he could have toss that to another dimensions...........

Thor might have the power to kill Qusar..... but Qusar has better options to win.

1) Mjolnir can return from anywhere.
2) Thor doesnt need the hammer to fry Quasar with magically induced lightning against which Quasar is, in his own words, "useless".
3) Thor doesnt need the hammer to crush Quasar's skull the way he crushed Quasar's energy sphere.

kgkg
Originally posted by aliveinboston
1) Mjolnir can return from anywhere.
2) Thor doesnt need the hammer to fry Quasar with magically induced lightning against which Quasar is, in his own words, "useless".
3) Thor doesnt need the hammer to crush Quasar's skull the way he crushed Quasar's energy sphere. can return if not trapped...... if it's trapped it needs to be broken first.

Psyquis52
can return if not trapped...... if it's trapped it needs to be broken first. Doesn't need it to beat Quasar.
Can return even if trapped he just can't hold it till it's broken.

This isn't McMasterson. This is the real deal. Quasar falls.

aliveinboston
can return if not trapped...... if it's trapped it needs to be broken first.

Can Quasar maintain permananent shields in multiple dimensions simultaneously? In any case, why would mjolnir's movements be restricted by the field? Mjolnir can always return from wherever it goes and if the shield is around it, it will just bring the shield back as well. Of course, the simplest way to disable the shield is to kill quasar, something Thor can do with a thought by bringing down lightning. Being an actual god and as such being literally one with the forces of nature, Thor doesnt even need to say "shazam". It just happens as casually as you or I lifting a middle finger.

rotiart
Meh. Even Thor has been mindcontrolled by magic before. I notice a mjolnir throw almost, but did not break, a "light" shield from quasar.
a force bubble created by Quasar took all of Eric masterson's strength to break, and during that time, quasar didn't even attack him.

That fight does not show Quasar beaten by Eric, it shows his failsafe restoring his mind to normal.

Quasar has been shown to steal the power cosmic from surfer.

Quasar contained binary in a energy bubble.

Quasars shield took hits from Hulk, Thing Hercules, iceman Cylcops... and more from the outside, Thanos etc. from inside. I don't think the fact that it broke by thanos's attack is a small question of quasar's power.

Quasar has also been shown to absorb the power of a star...

These are all regular showings... Thor has been beaten down and knocked down before.. but his one good showing against someone with a power gem... and you'll say his one good showing is his regular showing?

aliveinboston
Meh. Even Thor has been mindcontrolled by magic before. I notice a mjolnir throw almost, but did not break, a "light" shield from quasar.
a force bubble created by Quasar took all of Eric masterson's strength to break, and during that time, quasar didn't even attack him.

That fight does not show Quasar beaten by Eric, it shows his failsafe restoring his mind to normal.

Quasar has been shown to steal the power cosmic from surfer.

Quasar contained binary in a energy bubble.

Quasars shield took hits from Hulk, Thing Hercules, iceman Cylcops... and more from the outside, Thanos etc. from inside. I don't think the fact that it broke by thanos's attack is a small question of quasar's power.

Quasar has also been shown to absorb the power of a star...

These are all regular showings... Thor has been beaten down and knocked down before.. but his one good showing against someone with a power gem... and you'll say his one good showing is his regular showing?

1) Quasar himself realized that he was being toyed with. He was trying to bring Thor down while Thor was trying his best no to injure him. As such do you really think Thor threw the hammer with anywhere near his full power? He was simply trying not to hurt Quasar while other's could come and solve the problem.

2) Quasar himself admits that Thor's magical bolt would have stopped him cold if the failsafe hadnt already. It's quite clear who comes out on top in this exchange. One trying to win, the other trying not to.

3) Absorbing a sun's power is nothing compared to Thor's god-force. Mjolnir can handle far greater energies than Quasar but even when reinforced it cannot handle the full power of Thor's godly essence.

4) Galactus has been beaten many times. Does that mean he cannot beat someone who has the power gem? Context is everything. Fact is Thor has been defeating Quasars and heralds for decades. That's no PIS, thats decades of marvel history.

rotiart
1. Quasar did not say he knew he was being toyed with. He knew he was being distracted while Hercules went to go get help against Quasar. And he knew that if he didn't finish it quickly, he'd be overwhelmed. Ie. Quasar said when he pulled out the big sword that he was going to have to go all out. He even pulled back from using the nunchucks to kill thor, and asked that thor surrender rather than be defeated in that manner. in turn thor took the opportunity of Quasar talking to attack...

2. Actually Quasar does not say that he will be beaten by Thor's electrical bolt, but rather it would have awakened him from the magical influence.

3. Quasar has also redirected the energies of the phoenix against others. He could just as likely redirect the godforce back against Thor.

4. Thor fights the heralds of cosmic entities. Quasar has been fighting the cosmic entities themself... whats your point... the bands have been shown to stalemate Galactus, and defeat Ego.

rotiart
When Quasar was talking about toying with him, Quasar was talking about the fact that Thor was no longer blinded, and used the opportunity to seize the advantage. So Quasar had lost his.

D-Block
The Godforce has turned Galactus back as well. Quasar admitted that he is powerless when it comes to magic. That was Eric holding back against Quasar trying not to hurt him so what do you think the Real Thor using full power would do. Quasar loses

bigbran
No offense bran, but his attention wasn't on the dome, it was on Pip when they blasted out of it. And it wasn't just thanos, it was at least warlock too. you can see the energy emanating from warlocks gem.

And anyshield that can take a hit from Thanos... and not go down for a while... Ah, but even if that is the case, thor along with others tried to break the dome and couldn't.
So Thor has been shown that he can't break Quazer's dome.
And it's not like Quazer can't dish it out.
So as I see it, make a dome, even the real Thor is going to have a hell of a time breaking it. Then he can fire off some serious damage to Thor.
Quazer has some serious attacks, that I just don't see how Thor is going to last long.
He's got too many options, for even Thor to handle.

bigbran
And he wasn't really paying attention to the people that were attacking his shield, so it also shows how much more powerful Thanos is to the others. Even if Adam did help, we've seen how much more powerful Thanos is to Adam.

rotiart
Originally posted by D-Block
The Godforce has turned Galactus back as well. Quasar admitted that he is powerless when it comes to magic. That was Eric holding back against Quasar trying not to hurt him so what do you think the Real Thor using full power would do. Quasar loses

Actually the magic in that case was Quasar being mind controlled. Quasar has defenses against being controlled by science, not magic. As far as magic breaching his defenses... his lightest shield blocked a throw from Eric. Quasar was shocked to his senses by his own bands, otherwise he would have been shocked back to his senses if Eric had manage to hit him with a thunderstrike.

That was also mindcontrolled Wendell.

Regular Wendell has withstood the Phoenix mindcontrolled going all out.

He stalemated silver surfer.

He defeated Ego, and also Maelstrom as a cosmic entity.

K3VIL
Actually the magic in that case was Quasar being mind controlled. Quasar has defenses against being controlled by science, not magic. As far as magic breaching his defenses... his lightest shield blocked a throw from Eric. Quasar was shocked to his senses by his own bands, otherwise he would have been shocked back to his senses if Eric had manage to hit him with a thunderstrike.

That was also mindcontrolled Wendell.

Regular Wendell has withstood the Phoenix mindcontrolled going all out.

He stalemated silver surfer.

He defeated Ego, and also Maelstrom as a cosmic entity.
Here's where I show this second-rate Steven Seagal how we do things in downtown!ROTFL laughing laughing
Thor takes this.Masterson wasn't as experienced with his powers as the real Thor is.Quasar didn't stalemated SS, the fight was posted, he even summoned a quantum nrg made armor to resist better with Surfer.
And if you call it a stalemate, well, Thor got at his feet both Surfer and Warlock.Classic Thor would have ended the fight in less time than what happened.Wendell takes the hammer?Still too much options to call upon.Cosmic Storms, magical lightning, hurricanes, etc.

MJOILNIR
Real Thor wouldent have had that hard of a time. Several people have broken Quasars constructs, Masterson was just one of them. Quasar admitted he was being toyed with, its right there on panel. Masterson admitted he wasnt trying to hurt him, its also right there on panel. Thor has beaten SS and ego as well. Both without the power gem. Thor has absorbed a null bomb capable of destroying a good part of the universe. he's done stuff like this for years, all reg showings. I can easily see the real Thor winning the magority here.

guy222
thor

Larceny
Thor. Quantum bands are ineffective against magic.

Horrificus
I am a Thor fan, but peak Quasar, when the writing was good, and he was slapping abstracts around, would beat Thor.

The stuff he was able to do with his powers was just wild.

And, they didn't just amp him up every time he fought somebody more powerful, like idiot writers do with some other characters.

He was written to use his powers in creative, beleivable ways, negating powers and abilities of characters even more powerful than he was.

Thor kind of has the same creative, potentially baddass abilities and powers, but he doesn't use them as much as Q did.

That was why Q did so well. Because he always used his powers in the smartest ways possible.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Larceny
Thor. Quantum bands are ineffective against magic.
Thor almost NEVER actually shoots "magic". Even though he could.
Q's bands really wouldn't have to do anything with Magic, because Q's powers DO effect Thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.