Why do people get other people to make sigs for them?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§P0oONY
I just wondered...

I've only done it once and that was when I was very new to the forums because I had no idea what the hell I was doing but it makes no sense to me why people who have been on forums for ages still get other people to make their sigs...

A definition of signature is this: "your name written in your own handwriting".. so surely if you get it made for you it's not really your own signature. It's not like signature's have to look great, you can just slap any old picture up or a line or two of writing.

Another thing I don't get is why people who have signatures made by somoene else still post in 'Rate the signature of the person above' thread.

Blanka
cuz were dumb like that

BlackSunshine
because we can. stick out tongue

§P0oONY
Don't you want the self satisfaction of having made on yourself?

Barker
They don't have Access to anything more than MS Paint, 90% of the time.

JaehSkywalker
because it's like that..

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Barker
They don't have Access to anything more than MS Paint, 90% of the time.

Then why not use paint?

BlackSunshine
I couldnt make the sig I have right now with paint. The software I have right now I dont know how to use. I just got it and I havent had the time to get used to it yet.

Shelbert Lemon
Ive done so because this time I was with out one for a short while and not able to make it myself this time... I was feeling a little naked. erm .... If Im not able to make my clothes, Id go to a Tailor... when in need go to a pro... Scottie is certainly able and I appreciate his work. Also if you noticed me in the Rate the sig above thread... know that he gets the credit. Not me. stick out tongue

TOH

BlackSunshine
Originally posted by TOH
Because Paint is crap? Maybe?

that too laughing

§P0oONY
Originally posted by BlackSunshine
I couldnt make the sig I have right now with paint. The software I have right now I dont know how to use. I just got it and I havent had the time to get used to it yet.

You'll never get used to it unless you use it... stick out tongue

Originally posted by Shelbert Lemon
Ive done so because this time I was with out one for a short while and not able to make it myself this time... I was feeling a little naked. erm .... If Im not able to make my clothes, Id go to a Tailor... when in need go to a pro... Scottie is certainly able and I appreciate his work. Also if you noticed me in the Rate the sig above thread... know that he gets the credit. Not me. stick out tongue
Fair enough, I guess.

Originally posted by TOH
Because Paint is crap? Maybe?
"It's not like signature's have to look great, you can just slap any old picture up or a line or two of writing."

Soleran
This is what paint does to the forums!@

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Soleran
This is what paint does to the forums!@

I don't mind it... but you can make far better sigs in paint than that...

Paint may be limited but it's not that bad.

CherryPop
Because I've made over 100 different sigs and I want something new that stood out. I couldn't make what I wanted so I asked for one.

TOH

§P0oONY
Meh, I give up... screw you all... stick out tongue

Soleran

BlackSunshine
sorry we're not all as "talented" as you spoony. Geez. I dont have time to use my software and get a feel of it because I have a life. I've got a daughter to raise. smile

§P0oONY

§P0oONY
sorry we're not all as "talented" as you spoony. Geez. I dont have time to use my software and get a feel of it because I have a life. I've got a daughter to raise. smile

My sigs aren't good... totally sub-par in comparison to others.

Children shouldn't take priority over sig making... no expression stick out tongue

Shelbert Lemon

§P0oONY
true but me tending to 6 kids during the day limits my time.

they go back to school next week droolio

Lucky kids.... I got's me 2-3 weeks before I go back... sad

BlackSunshine

Shelbert Lemon

Lana
Because some people want decent-looking sigs and can't do it themselves.

§P0oONY
well I personally like the one you have now. I'm sure some people would say it's better than the one I have BUT its not mine, I didnt make it, it just has my name on it. What do you mean Children shouldn't take proprity over sig making... I think my daughter is ALOT more important than sh*t like this.

My sig doesn't even have my name... I couldn't find a place to put one without it looking shit.

I was joking about children not taking priority.. hence the stick out tongue... of course they do.

this summer flew by. my girls are so ready to go back.
It's good that they're ready, I imagine having kids that aren't being a hastle.

§P0oONY

Vinny Valentine
I make signatures for people.

I also eat with spoons, So I'm stuck in the middle, or a big bowl of soup.

Leo.M
I've made my sigs from the start. smart

And people ask others to make sigs for them b/c they can't make good ones.

BlackSunshine
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
I make signatures for people.

I also eat with spoons, So I'm stuck in the middle, or a big bowl of soup.

You are crazy laughing

BlackSunshine

silver_tears
I do it 'cause I like the style that some people specialize in, also I'm not that adept at it, so why not get a better person for the job, and thirdly because I broke the wireless mouse for my laptop and you can't make sigs simply using the touchpad erm

TOH
Originally posted by silver_tears
I do it 'cause I like the style that some people specialize in, also I'm not that adept at it, so why not get a better person for the job, and thirdly because I broke the wireless mouse for my laptop and you can't make sigs simply using the touchpad erm
Excuses, excuses, excuses... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Barker
Originally posted by silver_tears
I broke the wireless mouse for my laptop and you can't make sigs simply using the touchpad erm
Doh.

(No, not TOH.)

silver_tears
Originally posted by TOH
Excuses, excuses, excuses... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bite me mhm

Originally posted by Barker
Doh.

(No, not TOH.)

I know right cry

Bloody hell I just got you two mixed up there before I replied disgust

Emily Rose
bEcause i simply dont know how to make one

Because I can
i am too retarded at making sigs...Piggle made my first one, and i made this boring one big grin

ThePittman

dr. pookie
why do people put parts of their sig as an avy? just curious

lord xyz

dr. pookie

Alliance

Syren

dr. pookie
Originally posted by Syren
Ok, definition of 'signature' in forum context would probably be a little different to the 'handwriting' one, I think. It's more like your 'signature image', meaning whatever you're wearing has some bearing on what you like/appreciate. For instance, mine's Angelina Jolie hotness, but although it was made by someone else it's still my signature image because it represents my appreciation for Jolie, not ThePittman's (even though he made it for me). So it doesn't necessarily have to be in my handwriting, as long as it spells my name. Make sense?

As for rating other peoples' signatures, as long as the person wearing someone else's creation gives credit to that person, it shouldn't matter. I rate other sigs as I've made sigs in the past, and I don't take credit when someone rates the sig I'm wearing if it isn't mine.

the seems fair to me

Syren
It's the way it works here, then you get people like Spoon getting all up in your face with questions, it's dangerous ground roll eyes (sarcastic)

ThePittman

lord xyz

ThePittman
Originally posted by lord xyz
Y'know, I have to be honest Pittman, you've made some pretty awesome sigs. big grin blush2

DigiMark007
I enjoy the concept of better sig-makers doing requests. Whether or not that person did their own, it makes the forum look a whole lot cooler than if 90% of KMC's members had crappy Paint sigs or somesuch.

And if I wasn't swamped with requests every time I opened my 'sig shop' to other members, I'd do them more often. wink

So just from an aesthetic standpoint, it make sense. It's like commisioning a painting for your house (or something similar)...I'd love to do my own stuff, but it would look dumb as hell. This could be extended to clothes, painting, and all sorts of other things in life.

ThePittman
You should see all the mouse pads I've made. wink

Shelbert Lemon
Y'know, I have to be honest Pittman, you've made some pretty awesome sigs. big grin Originally posted by ThePittman
blush2 agreed

Lady Fianna
I love making my own signatures but sometimes I'm too lazy/ have no inspiration/ can't make want I want/ can't do the image justice with my own prgramme so I get someone else to make it for me.

I think it's nice that people who have trouble making sigs or don't have time, can still have sigatures that are personal to them.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by dr. pookie
besides not knowing why people put parts of their sig as avy's, i also would like to know why people who dont create their own sigs post in the Rate thread as well

I use a part of my sig as my avatar because after spending a while making a sig I really can't be arsed making an avatar.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Syren
It's the way it works here, then you get people like Spoon getting all up in your face with questions, it's dangerous ground roll eyes (sarcastic)
I'm hardly being "all up in your face".... I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the people who request, I was just simply asking why, more out of ignorance than annoyance or arrogance. erm

lord xyz

ThePittman
My avatar can beat up yours. tongue I'll have to wait for my year so mine will be grown up to take yours on. stick out tongue

§P0oONY
My avatar can beat up yours. tongue

Of course... Kyo's a softy... wouldn't hurt a fly.

BDTnRDE
someone made me a sig long time ago, I misplaced it....oh well, Ican't even copy and paste laughing out loud

Lana
Not sure. I've never gotten anyone to make me a sig. Don't see the point in having a sig in the first place. Well, changing it anyway.

Why not? It's fun. I like to play around in Photoshop, and I do sigs as time-killers or while I'm taking a break from working on something else. I also get bored with my sigs really quickly stick out tongue

Originally posted by ThePittman
You should see all the mouse pads I've made. wink

You should see my bedroom wall stick out tongue covered in prints of my artwork.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.