Silver Surfer vs. The Flash(race)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
Flash is given the ability to breathe in space for this one. This is a race from planet earth to pluto and back 3x. SS also has his board.

Scarlet315
Also just imagine there being a yellow brick road for flash to run on, or for you nintendo fans, rainbow road.

Stupid Rookie
I am interested to see what people say here as I am not too familiar with the flash.

I do know that SS is arguably the fastest in the marvel universe though. There aren't too many who could keep up with him.

Juntai
Flash.

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by Juntai
Flash.
Flash can only speed up if he have ground to walk on...
And there isnt a bridge from Tellus to Pluto.

Are you forgetting Newton's laws?

The only way Flash could get up there is by jumping... He wouldent make it.

Juntai
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU

The only way Flash could get up there is by jumping... He wouldent make it. Read again. He gave Flash a road to run on.

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
I am interested to see what people say here as I am not too familiar with the flash.

I do know that SS is arguably the fastest in the marvel universe though. There aren't too many who could keep up with him.
No... Beings as Eternity have warping abillity they can go from one place to whichever they choose in no time at all.

In other words.

Eternity moves 1" = 0,0 seconds
Eternity moves billions of lightyears = 0,0 seconds

Thanos_THOTU
Read again. He gave Flash a road to run on.
Oh, there was a second post... Flash. By typo.

I watch Pokemon
Flash takes this.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=375451&highlight=Respect+Flash+forumid%3A95

Juntai
3-0 Flash lol

juggernaut66666
i heard something about that ss speed is limitless while he is on the board is it true?

Horrificus

The only way Flash could get up there is by jumping... He wouldent make it.

In the book "Flash and the New Gods", Flash travelled with Lightray, and he was able to jump from plantery mass to asteroid to debris, etc.
And, somehow, was able to travel through space like that.

Wally West
In a situation like this I think the Silver Surfer would always win, he can reach warp speeds pretty much instantaneously, many many many times faster than the speed of light. Over the distance they are covering Surfer could finish the race in an instant.

Give Flash a chance to think up something using the speed force prior to the race, or let him start the race at lightspeeds instead of needing to accelerate to it, then it might be different.

Blair Wind
shifty couldnt he just say the speed formula, steal surfers speed and run like a maniac? shifty

kgkg
At there best i say tie.

In regular showing Flash has trouble hitting light speed. Although that is PIS ....... but most of Flash comic he needs to accelerate just to speed up......... While SS goes 100 lightyears in second.

Thanos_THOTU
The Flash rescuing everyone from Paris wasent that about 92 billion times lightspeed?

I watch Pokemon
The Flash rescuing everyone from Paris wasent that about 92 billion times lightspeed? It was some place in North Korea not Paris.

Speed DC says Flash was actually going at when he accomplished that feat= a little slower than the speed of light.

Actual speed Flash would have to be traveling at to accomplish that feat= 9400000 million times the speed of light

Inhuman
Surfer wins

Superherovandal
Flash. he says the speed formula and enters Zoom level speed. and beats SS.

nvrbeenwthagirl
THe Speed Force Grants flash infinite speed at his disposal plus all inertia related kinds of powers. The power cosmic grants surfer vastly powerful energy blast and constructs and matter manipulation and Stuff. SPEED force. POWER cosmic. Obvioulsy the SPEED force is much faster than anything the POWER cosmic can muster up. Flash ftw, every time this thread is brought up. Flash with the speed force is akin to the runner with the gem.

galan7777777
the flash has been shown running at 1000's of times the speed of light, been moving so fast he can go into other dimensions of time and realities.......surfer cant do anything like that, especially with only speed.....Wally wins this easily

Big Sexy
Actually its tough. SS can enter warpspeed pretty quick.

bigbran

I do know that SS is arguably the fastest in the marvel universe though. There aren't too many who could keep up with him. Tyrant is said a warp speed.

galan7777777
Originally posted by bigbran
Tyrant is said a warp speed. this is true

Rols
Actually SS has done that, travelled to diff. dimension of time and realities using speed... But anyhow, the race i say SS takes it, its quite a short distance but let say Milkey Way to the other side of the Universe, I say Flash wins all the time....

ExtraMision5555
ultimately flash is faster correct? but accelleration, i thought flash was still faster? i guess it comes down to whoever has better accelleration, and it seems like people are saying SS has that? didnt know that

Validus
Flash

UniOmni
Originally posted by Validus
Flash

Wrong. Silver Surfer.
roll eyes (sarcastic)
Flash can't even go past the speed of sound

Know the material you speak on buddy smile

galan7777777
Originally posted by UniOmni
Wrong. Silver Surfer.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Know the material you speak on buddy smile cant go past the speed of sound? he is hard wired to the speed force, he has already gone 1000's of times faster then light speed having used only speed to go back in time, or go into other realities

UniOmni
Originally posted by galan7777777
cant go past the speed of sound? he is hard wired to the speed force, he has already gone 1000's of times faster then light speed having used only speed to go back in time, or go into other realities

fanboy lies roll eyes (sarcastic)

U mad b?

Thanos_THOTU
But Flash is supose to be slower than light... I mean today's case.

tyranus
Wrong. Silver Surfer.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

What the f**k? eek2 eer

UniOmni
Originally posted by tyranus
What the f**k? eek2 eer

You're such a rampant raging fanboy sick

Snikt!

tyranus
no, im no fanboy, is just that you just sayed that flash can go has fast has sound.

Validus
But Flash is supose to be slower than light... I mean today's case.
No.

Avalonofthewind
Flash wins.

UniOmni
^^^ Fanboy disease is hella contagious.

Marve; ownz yor soles!!

batdude123
Wrong. Silver Surfer.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

That's Garrick. However, Bart has the speed force inside of him nowadays and is supposedly faster than even Wally was. evil face

Stupid Rookie
Just to make sure we are on the same page here, the SS can time travel with his speed.

Stupid Rookie
Here are the scans
http://img429.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor193270he.jpg
http://img429.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor193283va.jpg

This seems like pretty definative evidence that Surfer can time travel using speed.

Thanks to ACCL, I took these from his SS respect thread post.

Validus
Just to make sure we are on the same page here, the SS can time travel with his speed.
So can Flash

Stupid Rookie
I am not saying he can't, Galan777777 and I think a few others were saying SS couldn't time travel using speed. I was showing them that he can.

rotiart
Surfer can enter hyperspace for his speed. Flash can enter speed force.
Surfer can rend space with his power cosmic to create a dimensional bridge between earth and pluto.

At their closest points, Earth and pluto and 2.67 billion miles apart.
The speed of light is 186,000 miles per second, roughly. Meaning it would take roughly 14,354.838709677 seconds if you were going light speed. Also roughly, the equivalent of 239.247312 minutes, and also 3.987455 hours

So if flash is even running 1000's of times the speed of light as some people claim, it would still take him 1.43548 seconds to get from here to earth. then back. about 8.61288 seconds for the whole race.

Time to rend space for surfer? 1 second. time to run back through dimensional rend? a few seconds. Traversing through space and time by perverting the laws of physics? Priceless. For everyone else, the power cosmic.

Mindship
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
THe Speed Force Grants flash infinite speed at his disposal plus all inertia related kinds of powers. The power cosmic grants surfer vastly powerful energy blast and constructs and matter manipulation and Stuff. SPEED force. POWER cosmic. Obvioulsy the SPEED force is much faster than anything the POWER cosmic can muster up. Flash ftw, every time this thread is brought up. Flash with the speed force is akin to the runner with the gem.

Given the above...

I would say, with his board, the Surfer wins. He has so much Power, that he can warp out, doing so on a regular basis.

AFAIK, Flash generally doesn't do warp and usually not even lightspeed. Yet, because he is basically a speed avatar, he could. In fact, there should be no limit to his speed, being that he embodies its essence.

Surfer wins because (again, afaik) he shows more in-panel feats of FTL capability. But that may be simply because the current Flash doesn't know (not yet, anyway) how to access his own limitless potential. Ultimately, the Essence of Speed is his. He should win.

But given their standard performances, I have to give this to Surfer.

Fully Actualized Flash, on the other hand: there should be nothing faster, by definition. Maybe instead of "Fastest Man Alive," it should be "Fastest. Period."

rotiart
I'd have to agree with you. Loathe that I am to admit it.

Mindship
For what it's worth, Surfer is my #1, and Flash never intrigued me. So I'm not happy with my reasoning, either.

rotiart
Silver Surfer is the one character that i've always held dear to myself. Captain America is of growing interest to me of late...

but the whole thing with hulk smashing everything... has disinterested me.. he's now more of an archie comic kind of character.. it sullens me.

Juntai
Originally posted by rotiart
Surfer can enter hyperspace for his speed. Flash can enter speed force.
Surfer can rend space with his power cosmic to create a dimensional bridge between earth and pluto.

At their closest points, Earth and pluto and 2.67 billion miles apart.
The speed of light is 186,000 miles per second, roughly. Meaning it would take roughly 14,354.838709677 seconds if you were going light speed. Also roughly, the equivalent of 239.247312 minutes, and also 3.987455 hours

So if flash is even running 1000's of times the speed of light as some people claim, it would still take him 1.43548 seconds to get from here to earth. then back. about 8.61288 seconds for the whole race.

Time to rend space for surfer? 1 second. time to run back through dimensional rend? a few seconds. Traversing through space and time by perverting the laws of physics? Priceless. For everyone else, the power cosmic. Flash's speed feats >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Surfers.
Check the respect thread.

He's outran instant teleportation a number of times, even across galactic distances.

Wally West
I don't know why time travel is being mentioned, it shouldn't be allowed in a race like this, neither should speed stealing.

He's outran instant teleportation a number of times, even across galactic distances. I know he did that in the Human Race story, but that was using the speed of every single person on the planet (and Superman, Jessie, Max, Bart, Jay, and Krakkl), it wasn't exactly under his own power. Off the top of my head I can't remember him doing that any other time...

Oh and its not specificed which Flash Surfer is actually meant to be racing, I'm assuming Wally.

rotiart
Originally posted by Wally West
Oh and its not specificed which Flash Surfer is actually meant to be racing, I'm assuming Wally.

Rooting for yourself I see! laughing

I'm assuming Norrin Radd for Silver Surfer.

Happy Dance

Mindship
The Flash rescuing everyone from Paris wasent that about 92 billion times lightspeed?
I don't know if this is what you mean, but...

"An impossible thing Flash has ever done, saving the entire population from a nuclear explosion by carrying 1-2 people (532,000 people to be exact) at once sending them 35 miles in and out away from the city (70 miles together) in 0.0001 seconds"
http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?rpl=050629054718

If he carried 532,000 people, 1 person at a time, 70 miles per round trip, all in 1/10,000 of a second, that works out to about 2 million times the speed of light.

Quick, but beatable.

I watch Pokemon

rotiart
"SAVE ME BABY JESUS"

Jesse7

UniOmni
Originally posted by Jesse7
How this is a debate I don't know, Flash takes this 10/10 and if he recites the speed formula then he now gains control of time via his battle with Zoom.

But Surfer has comparable speed feats.
But those are obviously going to be ignored, right?

You really hate Surfer, don't you??

By the way you rant against him, i'd say he transmuted your mother into a cup of applesauce and feed her to your toothless grandfather.

Don't hold grudges against fictional characters b.

rotiart
Surfer vs Flash. As a "technicality" Flash wins. He's supposed to be "speed"

Wally West
Originally posted by Jesse7
How this is a debate I don't know, Flash takes this 10/10 and if he recites the speed formula then he now gains control of time via his battle with Zoom. What the heck are you talking about? Flash didnt gain control of time in his fight with Zoom

And like I said already, I don't know why people bring up time travel feats for either character when this is just meant to be a regular race

mighty adam
who cares who will win a race. the worst flash comics are the ones were he races some fool around the world or some bs. what do we get from knowing who will win a race between flash and ss.

Stupid Rookie

I watch Pokemon
The problem here is that your friend said .00001 seconds, and you are saying micro seconds, you are adding 6 zeros where he was not. Does someone have the scans?

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k202/battlethread2/jla89pg012jd.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k202/battlethread2/jla89pg028eh.jpg

Mindship
I watch Pokemon
Good job for posting the actual in-panel data.

Mindship
For shame that you quoted someone who misquoted the comic.
It is .00001 microseconds, not .0001 seconds. In other words, Flash did this, not in 1/10,000 of a second, but in 1/100,000,000,000 -- one-hundred-billionth -- of a second.
(Damn! For shame again for getting the speed-of-light wrong, too!)

So...532,000 x 70 x 100,000,000,000 divided by 186,000 = (about)...
20 trillion times lightspeed.

This means (among other things, and assuming I did my math right this time):
1. Flash could run to the nearest star and back (4.3 lightyears) in about 1/100,000 second. Or, do 100,000 round trips to Alpha Centauri in 1 full second.
2. Round trip to the nearest major galaxy -- Andromeda, about 2,300,000 lightyears away -- in about 7 seconds.
3. To the edge of the observable universe, and back (a round trip of about 28 billion lightyears), in less than 4 days.

Now That's freakin' fast.

DC comics
Shame on you, then, for calling this "near-light travel."

Stupid Rookie
I watch Pokemon, thanks for the scans.

This is typical of comic writers, they keep talking about how he was traveling at almost light speed, but he was obviouslty going much much faster. It makes it hard to gauge speed potential. Maybe they didn't realize how fast he would really have to be going to accomplish such a task.

Soljer
The problem is, the DC writers didn't WRITE him as going faster than light at ALL in that feat. Though if we bring REAL mathematics into it, it changes things. The official feat shown on panel there would be near-light. Not some trillions times lightspeed. When we see a feat, at times it is open to interpretation (The Wolverine-dumpster feat, for example. Did it weigh a thousand pounds? Two thousand? Did he throw it with one hand? Two? How did he grip it?). Feats like these are only open to interpretation because a writer didn't give us a little blurb that said "And Wolverine one hand pitches this 2031 pound dumpster at his enemy," because, if it DID say that, there would be no argument about it.

In this case? The on-panel evidence in THIS case shows that the Flash can run near-light speed(though I know he can go much faster, no need to point that out). Regardless of the plausibility of the Flash actually completing his task at near-lightspeed; DC's official word from that comic says that the Flash can run at near-lightspeed, and complete that task in a hundred billionth of a second.

long pig
Wally still loses.

Why? Simple:

Wally is a less-than-lightspeed runner until he reaches the speedforce, he then uses time manipulation to pretty much beat anyone.

Surfer is a 300x lightspeed figher who needs no speedforce or anything. Until Flash hits the speedforce, he'd look like a turtle to Surfer and before Flash could hit the speedforce, Surfer would have won 10x over.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by long pig
Wally still loses.

Why? Simple:

Wally is a less-than-lightspeed runner until he reaches the speedforce, he then uses time manipulation to pretty much beat anyone.

Surfer is a 300x lightspeed figher who needs no speedforce or anything. Until Flash hits the speedforce, he'd look like a turtle to Surfer and before Flash could hit the speedforce, Surfer would have won 10x over.

what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Juntai
Originally posted by long pig
Wally still loses.

Why? Simple:

Surfer is a 300x lightspeed figher who needs no speedforce or anything. Until Flash hits the speedforce, he'd look like a turtle to Surfer and before Flash could hit the speedforce, Surfer would have won 10x over. In the fight against Hunter where he did the "My fists hit with the power of a white dwarf star" thing, he was at lightspeed pretty instantly. He mentions Hunter moving first, and that Hunter gained a billionth of a second head start, and by the time he catches him- which judging by where the fight ends, was only a couple feet -- he was already lightspeed. In this fight he was even staggered by the vibrating hand death touch and was still lightspeed by the time he swung his hand.

Without moving, Flash could already have himself lightspeed by accelerating his molocules before he ever starts moving his legs when the race begins. Likewise, he could already be tapping into the speedforce, by the time someone says go.

If he cites the code and uses his abilities to their fullest - as he would attempt to do with forum rules. I'm not sure Surfer could keep up.

Want a scan?
Here's Flash standing still, while at the same time moving fast enough to keep up with Zoom between the seconds of our timeline because of the Speed Force Mantra .
http://img163.echo.cx/my.php?image=flashv2200page155be.jpg

This is a lot tougher of a discision than you're making it out to be, imo.

Power Cosmic
3-0 Flash lol

The speed force pails in comparison to the power cosmic. Surfer can zip from galaxy to galaxy in mere seconds.....also in the current nova corps files it says that surfer has the ability to time travel.....surfer just is on a whole nother lvl of hero than the flash is.....the flash is my fav DC character but he doesnt have anything on the Sentinel of the Spaceways.

Jesse7
Originally posted by Wally West
What the heck are you talking about? Flash didnt gain control of time in his fight with Zoom

And like I said already, I don't know why people bring up time travel feats for either character when this is just meant to be a regular race

Uh yeah he did, and by gain control of time I mean that he disjointed himself from our time line just as zoom permanently is, everything was standing still to them well they were moving around at untold speeds.

By the way from that Flash evacuation feat, 20 trillion times the speed of light beats anything Surfer has ever done, and you want to talk about acceleration? Check our Flash's fights with Zoom or the evacuation feat, he didn't need to build up speed he did it on the fly.

batdude123
Originally posted by Power Cosmic
The speed force pails in comparison to the power cosmic.

Okay, I stopped reading this statement after this sentence. That's garbage. *checks his forum name* Oh yeah! laughing out loud

Rols
Ive got to admit Flash beats SS in this catergory.. Figuring those equation kinda heart my head.. lol..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.