Hard Candy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revernd Maynard
Has anyone seen previews of this movie?

i think it looks pretty great

sundance, i believe

BackFire
Yeah, looks like it could be interesting, we'll see.

MildPossession
Yeah saw the trailer sometime ago, looks interesting.

Cinemaddiction
Very excited for it, personally.

Morning_Glory
when does this movie come out, Im really looking forward to seeing this happy

Morning_Glory
has anyone seen this movie, I think it comes out this weekend everywhere

Nevermind
Seems really original, I'm definitely seeing it. Looks like great drama.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yeah, I saw the trailer a little while ago, too. Seems to be about a paedophile who gets more than he bargained for, right?

Intriguing poster:
http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie-gallery/albums/userpics/hardcandy.jpg

Solo
I've heard some great things about this from a few of my friends; I plan on seeing it as soon as possible.

Morning_Glory
I saw this movie today, I think for a "guy" this movie could be very terrifying... but it was good movie and the little girl is a freak!

Jarshewa
ive seen it and its pretty good.I got spoilers if you want.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
It's a guess, but people who haven't seen it yet probably don't want spoilers...Just a guess...

Jarshewa
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
It's a guess, but people who haven't seen it yet probably don't want spoilers...Just a guess...
thats up to them all knowing movie guy,thats why i asked dick.

MildPossession
If people want spoilers, then just do the obvious and tag it for them.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Jarshewa
thats up to them all knowing movie guy,thats why i asked dick.

Not 'them', but 'those'. Not 'guy', but 'guys'. Not 'dick', but 'Dick' - and why did you ask him anyway?

Dusty
Movie looks different. Interested, I am.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Holy f*ck, I just saw this. I did not enjoy it at all. Not because it was a poorly made movie, because it isn't. A poorly made movie. But rather it is not the kind of movie you can 'enjoy'...

That scene is definitely the most 'That Scene' that scene I have ever seen.

Don't watch this movie, but if you do - or have - say something about it here.

Or there.

OK, here is better.

Impediment
Isn't that the movie about a pedophile stalking some teen girl?

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Impediment
Isn't that the movie about a pedophile stalking some teen girl? it's almost the other way around ninja

Victor Von Doom
Shit, I thought.

Daily Mail letters page outrage material; tame and predictable though.

Solo
I didn't like it very much.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Shit, I thought.

Daily Mail letters page outrage material; tame and predictable though.

True, true, true, but I still found that scene pretty horrific. Also, you could sense the anxiety caused by his incapacitation.

I will never watch it again.

Bardock42
I wanted to watch it (cause I like Candy), but the friend I was with wanted to watch a serious story so we went to see The Break-Up instead.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Bardock42
I wanted to watch it (cause I like Candy), but the friend I was with wanted to watch a serious story so we went to see The Break-Up instead.
Good story.

Bardock42
Good story.

Thank you, Sir.

Leggy_n_Merry
I didn't like this movie either. I thought I was going to enjoy it but it just seemed like all she was doing was torturing him and that was the whole story.

Victor Von Doom
True, true, true, but I still found that scene pretty horrific. Also, you could sense the anxiety caused by his incapacitation.

I will never watch it again.

Nor I.

BackFire
Movie looks pretty interesting as far as I'm concerned, would have seen in theaters but it was not playing anywhere around here. I will rent it when it comes to DVD.

~Da Rev~
I'm going to see it, it looks decent.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
It's not so much a bad movie, but rather pretty uncomfortable viewing.

BackFire
Rented it, thought it was very strong. Incredibly unsettling and eerie. "That scene" is definitely very effective. Very solid acting throughout, a very very good and unique thriller. Masterfully made.

But yes, definitely not a movie that I would ever watch again, it's the most uncomfortable I've felt watching a movie in years.

Solo
I felt very uncomfortable, only because the acting was terrible. Although, I must say, 'that' scene was very well executed.

BackFire
You thought the acting was terrible? Thought it was prefect, spot on with how it should have been. Extremely intense, both actors festering with rage and desperation to maintain control/get control.

Solo
To each his own, I suppose.

Darth Vicious
Holy f*ck, I just saw this. I did not enjoy it at all. Not because it was a poorly made movie, because it isn't. A poorly made movie. But rather it is not the kind of movie you can 'enjoy'...

That scene is definitely the most 'That Scene' that scene I have ever seen.

Don't watch this movie, but if you do - or have - say something about it here.

After reading this I started getting curious and wanted to watch it.

Originally posted by BackFire
Rented it, thought it was very strong. Incredibly unsettling and eerie. "That scene" is definitely very effective. Very solid acting throughout, a very very good and unique thriller. Masterfully made.

But yes, definitely not a movie that I would ever watch again, it's the most uncomfortable I've felt watching a movie in years.

But after reading this Im definately watching it by renting it or by "other" means. BF is usually on the money with reviews.

Is "That Scene" worse than the one in Irreversible?

brookefeo
I LOVED this movie. And I am fascinated with how men are traumatized by the scene, when rape happens left and right, and I am still explaining to a 22 year old boy that it cause major damage to the vaginal canal and lips.

I think it is smart, and it challenges the audience to decide how far good and evil can go to justify themselves.

a1hsauce
what the hell are you guys talking about "That Scene"?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Have you seen the movie?

a1hsauce
nope

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Well then, does it really surprise you that you don't know what we're talking about when we refer to 'that scene'?

The Core
I thought i had commented on this? Saw it a couple weeks back and thought it was pretty mediocre. The girl was just too smart for her own good, and shot her credibility to hell. It was pretty pretentious, to be honest, and while "that scene" was pretty intense, I kind of guessed it was for show.

The ending was a complete and total cop-out, too. It felt like an independent movie for the first half, then spiraled into something Jodie Foster or Jennifer Lopez would have taken.

a1hsauce
Well then, does it really surprise you that you don't know what we're talking about when we refer to 'that scene'? yah you heard of an explanation?

lil bitchiness
I just saw this movie - liked the first hour of the movie, then the whole thing wore thin. In fact, by the end of the movie, I was pretty much disappointed with the whole thing.

The castration scene was uncomfortable and at that very effective.
Acting was excellent, but the girl annoyed the crap out of me by the end of it. I felt like grabbing her head and banging it on a wall till her brains run.

What annoyed me about her is that her actions initially defeated the purpose, the cause (if there was ever any) of her supposed mission. She became the same thing she was supposedly fighting against.

It was a long time since a character annoyed the shit out of me, like that girl has. A very long time.

Pretencious, medicore and annoying.

jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, i have to agree. It did end up spinning it's tires in the mud. The only reason i continued to watch the last half of the movie was to see whether or not the girl actually cut buddies nuts off.

dadudemon
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, i have to agree. It did end up spinning it's tires in the mud. The only reason i continued to watch the last half of the movie was to see whether or not the girl actually cut buddies nuts off.

YOU A**HOLE! WHY DIDN"T YOU USE SPOILERS! mad mad mad

laughing

Just kidding. I saw the movie and I find it strange that Lil Bitchiness has an opinion that is eerily close to my own.

I wanted the bad guy to win in the end. I usually root for the bad guy in movies, as long as they aren't "stupid" bad guys.

And somebody pointed out earlier that they knew he kept his nuts...I thought it was obvious because it would defeat the entire purpose of the girl's character. And the whole thing with the neighbor seemed to be painfully written and executed.

Remake is needed.

There is so much bullshit in the movie that shouldn't have happened. Would he REALLY have left that little ***** alone after knocking her out?

Would she REALLY have left him alone after suffocating him?

I don't remember many details, but I remember watching it thinking, "That's such bullshit. That would never happen."

And, bleach to the face wouldn't even remotely stop a man from screaming for his life. I've gotten bleach to the face and mouth by a practical joke (brothers) and it is quite strong and it makes you cough, but if you were fighting for your life, bleach to the face wouldn't even come close to working. Of course, one could die from ingestion, but spitting out as much as you can would work just fine.

saintsaucey
I love this movie. A bunch of friends had watched it and were talking about it so I bought it two days before Christmas Eve and while I was looking forward to it I was still nervous about watching it. I ended up watching it alone at like two am or something. It may very well be the best damn movie I ever saw. No movie I have ever seen has come close to touching it in terms of the rawness and storyline.

That said I really do hate Sandra O and wish they had gotten someone else to play the neighbor.

K.Diddy
smile Okay,Doesn't seem to be a thread for this movie,so what was everyones thought's on the film?

I thought it was good but could of been better,Imagine if the girl had the wit's and dialouge of someone like Hannibal lector, thinking of this wrecked it a bit,beacuase at times you see what could have been....

Impediment
Merged.

Next time, use the search function.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Impediment
Merged.

Next time, use the search function.

confused Yeah....I did

confused And it came up with nothing

Tired-Hiker
Yeah, so whuddup wit dat?

xJLxKing
My balls were in pain while watching this movie.

Very nice movie. Very controversial

Alpha Centauri
Disgustingly overrated, dull, boring.

Pick one.

Ellen Page needs to stop acting like that. "Look how old and mature I am! I make witty jokes and corrosively witty comments!". No, be quiet.

-AC

Blinky
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Disgustingly overrated, dull, boring.

Pick one.

Ellen Page needs to stop acting like that. "Look how old and mature I am! I make witty jokes and corrosively witty comments!". No, be quiet.

-AC

thumb up

Glad to see I'm not the only one who finds her annoying.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.