My Name is Bruce

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
Dont know how true this is:

check out AICN ,they have the following report posted :

It seems that Bruce Campbell may have a new film in the works. Here is what AICN has to say:

In the intro he said in the fall he's going to start shooting a movie where he plays himself and a monster starts killing people in this small town where he is staying and somebody has the idea to get the guy from the Evil Dead movies to fight the monster, but even more people die when he shows up since he's never used a chainsaw or a shotgun.

Evil Dead
that would completely own. Bruce is one of the few people in the horror genre who could play himself and make a movie just as entertaining if not more so than if he were just playing a character in a generic movie.

Cinemaddiction
Agreed. The plot is genius, as silly as it sounds.

Deano
sounds fun but would it be any good if bruce wasnt in it? most probably not

Evil Dead
of course it wouldn't be good if another actor was playing the role of Bruce Campbell.................that's just dumb. The entire point would be the self-parody on Bruce's part, lampooning his status as a cult horror icon............

it's hard to do self-parody without the "self" part.

tabby999
i dig it, hope they are making it

BackFire
I was at the San Diego Comic Convention over the last four days, and had the great opportunity to attend the Bruce Campbell Discussion Panel. It was great, awesome, funny guy. Didn't mention this movie though.

Also said there will not be a Freddy vs Jason vs Ash movie ever, and said Ashton Kutcher is going to be starring in the evil dead remake, and said there most likely won't be an evil Dead 4.

When he said that Ashton Kutcher was going to be in the Evil Dead remake, the audience booed. Bruces response was "Ah, come on, don't you want to see him get raped by a tree?" Too which everyone cheered.

He also gave his opinion on the recent "remake" trend and how shitty it is, and just gave an all around funny performance. It was like he was doing stand up.

Myth
BOO! Ashton Kutcher SHOULD be raped by a tree. He did ok in Butterfly Affect but that is no justification to have him replace Bruce Campbell.

BackFire
Well, they don't know if he'll actually play Ash, it's very possible that the character may not even be in the remake at all.

Myth
They would be much better off with just a part 4.

papabeard

Dusty
http://imdb.com/title/tt0489235/

Plot Outline: B Movie Legend Bruce Campbell is mistaken for his character Ash from the Evil Dead trilogy and forced to fight a real monster in a small town in Oregon.

One of the best plots I have ever heard.

tohsw00t

-hh-
wtf? laughing laughing

hilarious

Solo
I heard about this like a year ago; and I can't wait.

Evil Dead
probably read it here. There's an old ass thread about this somewhere.......

Wolfie
I recall a thread on it here as well. The title changed from "They Call Me Bruce" I think.

I love Bruce Campbell and am really looking forward to this.

Dusty
I searched like hell and couldn't find it.

If you guys find it, post it and we can get a merge.

TOH
Only Bruce Campbell can play Bruce Campbell pimp

tabby999
nah, i'm sure they'll have Ashton Kutcher in to play him wink

SelphieT
Originally posted by tabby999
nah, i'm sure they'll have Ashton Kutcher in to play him wink

and I'm pretty sure I'll stab him in the face.

papabeard
This is the other thread:

www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=354782&highlight=bruce+campbell+forumid%3A58

BackFire
threads merged.

Movie sounds sweet.

Strangelove
Bruce Campbell is the most normal actor in Hollywood, a genuinely funny guy, and a better actor than he gives himself credit.

Oh, if Chins could kill, Bruce Campbell and Jay Leno would be the only men left alive.

circut_shortage
I Know The Special Effects Guy, Clayton Van Sickle. I Met Him at My mom's High School Friends house in L.A. I Want to See The Film SOOO Badly.

Wolfie
IMDb says the movie is completed....

Just recently shown at the Ashland Independent Film Festival and due to a US wide release in October.

big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.