Is the Next Step a Draft?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deano
'An Iraq War veterans group says the call-up of thousands of Marines from the Individual Ready Reserve, announced by the Pentagon today, is "one of the last steps before resorting to a draft."'

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/08/is_the_next_ste.html

http://www.davidicke.com/images/stories/August%202006%204/einstein.gif
'The pioneers of a warless world are the young men (and women) who refuse military service.' - Albert Einstein

Say No! to the Draft

What do you say to the draft?

botankus
Come on Deano, you gotta have a link that isn't a blog (a.k.a. editorial, a.k.a. diarrhea at the mouth)!

Shakyamunison
Good idea Daeno, Just Say No. That worked really well for the anti-drug campaign, didn't it?

~Flamboyant~
Yeah so if there is a draft by the time I'm 18...uhh...yeahhh **** that. Moving to Canada.

Soleran
Originally posted by Deano
'An Iraq War veterans group says the call-up of thousands of Marines from the Individual Ready Reserve, announced by the Pentagon today, is "one of the last steps before resorting to a draft."'

Say No! to the Draft

Whenever you sign up for military service (notice I said sign up) there are things in the contrat with the govt that allows them to recall military personel after their intial service contract is fullfilled.

It's not a draft...................

Alliance
If you are a citizen of this nation, you have a responsibilty to sereve.

You want rights? Here are your responsibilities.

Mr Parker
Yep,the way people are waking up to 9-11 got to believe the draft is just around the corner.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Good idea Daeno, Just Say No. That worked really well for the anti-drug campaign, didn't it?

I agree...lets talk about drugs in this thread instead.

KidRock
http://www.nihilxaos.com/images/Drugs%20Good.jpg

PVS
well, thank god im old. otherwise i'd have to move to canada and have to live with all their beady little eyes and flapping heads

Tron
Originally posted by Soleran
Whenever you sign up for military service (notice I said sign up) there are things in the contrat with the govt that allows them to recall military personel after their intial service contract is fullfilled.

It's not a draft...................

That's only a few years after you separate from the service. In the case of the Air Force, with your first term enlistment, if you sign up for 4 or 6 years, they have another 4 or 2 years that they can recall you back to active duty (if you haven't already reenlisted).

Originally posted by PVS
well, thank god im old. otherwise i'd have to move to canada and have to live with all their beady little eyes and flapping heads

Hopefully, you're well over 32, cause that's about the age limit for enlistment.wink

PVS
Originally posted by Tron
Hopefully, you're well over 32, cause that's about the age limit for enlistment.wink

i turn 32 in october messed oh well. *checks canadian real estate ads*

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
i turn 32 in october messed oh well. *checks canadian real estate ads*

Hahaha, PVS is done...haha. I have both I am young (w00t) and I don't have to fear a draft....I have to handle my Germanness though, it has ups and downs I guess.

PVS
Originally posted by Bardock42
Hahaha, PVS is done...haha. I have both I am young (w00t) and I don't have to fear a draft....I have to handle my Germanness though, it has ups and downs I guess.

ahh to be a young arayan goosestepper....youth is wasted on the young

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
ahh to be a young arayan goosestepper....youth is wasted on the young

I'd even say life is wasted on the living.

PVS
or even that waste is wasted on waste

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
or even that waste is wasted on waste

Or even Twinkies are wasted on YOUR MOM....haha, that was hilarious.

PVS
D'OH!!!!!!! you dropped the mom bomb

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
D'OH!!!!!!! you dropped the mom bomb

Yeah, you don't pay attention for one MOMent and suddenly ...BAM...you get a Mom joke in your face....your getting old , Old Man. Really old.

Sadako of Girth
*runs as Klaxxons go off and masonry randomly falls*

PVS
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah, you don't pay attention for one MOMent and suddenly ...BAM...you get a Mom joke in your face....your getting old , Old Man. Really old.

YOUR MOM'S OLD..................................shit mad

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS

and their dirty, untested and dangerous medicine.

smoker4
hey relax guy

http://www.thestar.com/images/thestar/img/040130_canada_south_park250.jpg

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
YOUR MOM'S OLD..................................shit mad

You would know.

BackFire
I'll just make a pass at my drill sergaent. Hellloo freedom.

Soleran
Originally posted by BackFire

Unless they are keeping it in the closet as well eek!

Bardock42

Oh, I already did that.....or something along the lines...somehow funnier when Skinner says it.

BackFire
Homer said it, Skinner said "Done and done!"

Capt_Fantastic

You mean "yoo-hoo, freeedom!" diva

BackFire
Yes, teach me more, pleeeease.

Capt_Fantastic
Yes, teach me more, pleeeease.

Just remember to direct it at a superior office that is smaller than you.

BackFire
Done and done. Should I bring pink hot pants, just to be on the safe side?

Bardock42
Homer said it, Skinner said "Done and done!"

That's why it's funny I guess....

Capt_Fantastic
Done and done. Should I bring pink hot pants, just to be on the safe side?

Only if you want anyone to actually believe you. Otherwise you're just that guy in M*A*S*H, whose plot everyone could see through.

BackFire
Maybe just to cement my freedom, I should get a raindbow tatoo'd on my lower back. Hmmm....might not be worth it.

Capt_Fantastic
Maybe just to cement my freedom, I should get a raindbow tatoo'd on my lower back. Hmmm....might not be worth it.

Yeah skip the tatoo, because then you'd be flaunting it.

BackFire
Good idea.

PVS
just give the draft officer a blowjob. thats should do it.

WrathfulDwarf
There won't be a draft.

Why Am I not surprise no one picks Mexico to run away...instead is good Old Canada....must be the "Eh?" and not the "Arriva!"

BackFire
Because Canada is like America. Plus there's ton's of hot chicks in Canada.

Bardock42
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
There won't be a draft.

Why Am I not surprise no one picks Mexico to run away...instead is good Old Canada....must be the "Eh?" and not the "Arriva!"

Nah, Mexico is a nice place..it's just so full of smelly Mexicans.

WrathfulDwarf
Because Canada is like America. Plus there's ton's of hot chicks in Canada.

Canada like America? Then why would I want to go there and see the same shit. You have to go to Mexico BF. Tons and tons of Mamacitas all over the cities. big grin

BackFire
Yeah, I wouldn't want to live in Mexica though. Mamacitas would be nice. I love spanish chicks.

docb77
I don't have a problem with a fair draft if it's called for. I'm not going to go sign up for military duty myself, but if the time came that I was asked to, I wouldn't hesitate.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Deano

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/08/is_the_next_ste.html

http://www.davidicke.com/images/stories/August%202006%204/einstein.gif
'The pioneers of a warless world are the young men (and women) who refuse military service.' - Albert Einstein

Say No! to the Draft

Well... they are the reserve. Isn't it their job to be called up in times of need?

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Well... they are the reserve. Isn't it their job to be called up in times of need?

I think in the case of this war, the operative word in your post is 'need'.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I think in the case of this war, the operative word in your post is 'need'.

True, true. "Need", in situations like this, has always been, and always will be, debatable.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
True, true. "Need", in situations like this, has always been, and always will be, debatable.

That's true. In the case of WW2, we had four countrys seeking to become the dominate nation on Earth, at the expense of everyone else. (It just so happens that the US won that one in the long run) Filling the pockets of American big buisness is not my idea of a necessity.

jaden101
what i find highly ironic is that there is no doubt that if a draft were to come...it would be the same people who say that human rights laws protect terrorists/paedophiles/murderers etc etc are the same people who will say..."you cant draft me into the war...its against my human rights"

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by jaden101
what i find highly ironic is that there is no doubt that if a draft were to come...it would be the same people who say that human rights laws protect terrorists/paedophiles/murderers etc etc are the same people who will say..."you cant draft me into the war...its against my human rights"

I'm not sure I follow where you're going with this.

Also, what is that in your avatar? It looks like Ghandi eating a fraggle.

jaden101
That's true. In the case of WW2, we had four countrys seeking to become the dominate nation on Earth, at the expense of everyone else. (It just so happens that the US won that one in the long run) Filling the pockets of American big buisness is not my idea of a necessity.

so world war 2 was about filling the pockets of Americans

mmm

never heard that one before

Capt_Fantastic
so world war 2 was about filling the pockets of Americans

mmm

never heard that one before

And you still haven't. I was talking about Iraq, while comparing it to WW2.

Darth Kreiger
If we do have a Draft, it's because everyone is being brought up to hate the Military, and thus, not joining sad

Imperial_Samura

Well I imagine after all that hunger striking he was more then hungry enough to eat a muppet like creature (but not as cool as a muppet)

jaden101
I'm not sure I follow where you're going with this.

what i'm saying is that its the same people who complain about the use of human rights laws (at least in europe because of the EU convention on human rights) being used to stop the deportation of terror suspects (like those found in italy after the 7th july London bombings) being sent to face their crimes

same people who complain that high risk prisoners are using the HR laws to sue governments because they had to "slop out" in British jails

are exactly the same people who will try to prevent themselves being drafted and use their "human rights" to do so

oh...and the avatar is from the aphex twin video called "come to daddy"

have a look...very freaky video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp_clxHxqNI

jaden101
And you still haven't. I was talking about Iraq, while comparing it to WW2.

that god for that then...my misunderstanding embarrasment

Capt_Fantastic
that god for that then...my misunderstanding embarrasment

It's all good. Thanks for clearing up your first post.

PVS

oh DEFINATELY!!!! the flag wavers and breast beaters would suddenly shrivel and shreak at the the thought of them or their children being dumped into a hellish sand pit with semifunctional body armor and an m-16. armchair patriots turned liberal conscientious objectors and peacenics in a heartbeat. absolutely

botankus
I'll join the effort in protecting the homefront. I'll sit on a shrimping boat with a pellet gun and fire at all the terrorists. If they fire back, I'll scuba-dive underneath their boat and cork their bottom until they sink.

Alliance
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
If we do have a Draft, it's because everyone is being brought up to hate the Military, and thus, not joining sad

Actually, the current "military age" (18-25) has the highest positive perceptions of the US military in (I believe) US history...above %80.

They just dont want to go to Iraq. (They also have the one of the lowest approvals of Bush)...around 20%. If they dont trust what the AS are doing, they are not going to join.

PVS
no no no. young people are brought up by evil liberal influence to hate the military . its a far easier concept to grasp, gives us an enemy to blame, and makes for great story telling. truthiness shall prevail

Me_GuSta_ChoCha
Yea most likely at the rate this country is destroying itself

Alliance
Originally posted by PVS
no no no. young people are brought up by evil liberal influence to hate the military . its a far easier concept to grasp, gives us an enemy to blame, and makes for great story telling. truthiness shall prevail

Umm..well, the Republican party box is that big green bin that says "Waste Management" on the side. 'Bout 300m that way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.