How Many times have you seen Superman Returns?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

.Dance_Inside.
I saw it for the 6th time last night big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

((The_Anomaly))
I've seen it 4 times.

beer

spencerspider
once, i didnt think it was that great to tell u the truth, i mean i liked it but it wasnt that great

The Unknown
Just once, which was one too many.

chase el
Originally posted by spencerspider
once, i didnt think it was that great to tell u the truth, i mean i liked it but it wasnt that great

Originally posted by The Unknown
Once, which was one time too many

I dont beleive the post asked if you liked the movie or not, but how many times you saw it. It must feel great at the end of the day knowing your a jerk

systemshock2
Great thread Dance Inside. I don't mean to brag, but 9 TIMES now for me! Woot! I'm about to see it again tomorrow, for the last time sadly, as on Friday it'll be out of the Austin theaters =(. Believe me when I say I'm psyched to see it for the last time ever at the theater.

By the way Dance Inside, is the movie also in it's final week where you're at too? Anyone else still have Superman Returns playing at your city?

Magee
How the hell can you watch the same movie 9 times? no expression

chase el
obviously he likes the movie

duh

.Dance_Inside.
Originally posted by Magee
How the hell can you watch the same movie 9 times? no expression

easy.

.Dance_Inside.
Originally posted by systemshock2
Great thread Dance Inside. I don't mean to brag, but 9 TIMES now for me! Woot! I'm about to see it again tomorrow, for the last time sadly, as on Friday it'll be out of the Austin theaters =(. Believe me when I say I'm psyched to see it for the last time ever at the theater.

By the way Dance Inside, is the movie also in it's final week where you're at too? Anyone else still have Superman Returns playing at your city?

no its not in it's final week, I think its here for at least 3 more weeks smile
I'm probably going to see it at least 2 more times to break my record of seeing LOTR:ROTK 7 times, I don't know how I did it..I just love those movies lol

The Unknown
Originally posted by chase el
I dont beleive the post asked if you liked the movie or not, but how many times you saw it. It must feel great at the end of the day knowing your a jerk

laughing Wow, so voicing our opinions makes us jerks, lol? Sorry, I didn't know you were so obsessed with the movie that our comments would offend you.

pr1983
twice...

spencerspider

i gave an opinion. cant help that the movie wasnt that great... if u liked it great for u man, i think ur the one being a jerk though

smiley8
twice, and the music made it each time

chase el
the post didnt ask for your OPINION on the movie... but how many times you saw it... read

FistOfThe North
Just 1 time. And I'll most likely watch it again on DVD, but I'm not eager about it.

SpyCspider
(well, obviously Chase-El should be elected Mod... cool )

once was enough..and i was wasted too.

sithsaber408
Once.

I loved it, and would see it more times, but I'm strapped for cash.

I only get to watch one movie every month or two, so I pick the big ones. (MI-3, X3, Superman, Pirates)

The Unknown
the post didnt ask for your OPINION on the movie... but how many times you saw it... read

Yet you haven't insulted anyone else who have said on this thread (which, as you said, doesn't ask for an opinion) that they like the movie.

laughing Hypocrisy at it's best.

SpyCspider
it's ok...we're assuming he's just a temperamental teen cool

MattDay
It was arguably the best movie of the summer, between that and pirates, although it was like watching the first pirates film, and also when you look at the story of superman to superman returns they have got similar set pieces, but i forgave them because it'sa reintroduction, but if the sequel isn't original in the superman saga then I'll be pissed

chase el
Originally posted by SpyCspider
it's ok...we're assuming he's just a temperamental teen cool

lol. that one actually made me laugh even if it was an insult. stick out tongue

I just dont see the point of bashing a movie you didnt like when the topic of discussion is how many times you saw it and ASSUMING, that if you saw it more than once you liked it. I didnt like Pirates of the Caribean... and you dont see me on that forum bashing it and saying it was a waste of time. Maybe i just love superman too much... confused

i like the response someone put here that they "saw it once and were wasted" lol

Dark_Psylocke
I've watched it twice (one in IMAX).

I personally love this film. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it.

MattDay
seen three times for luck and now I'm happy to wait for DVD, sort of like a begining, a middle and a end for me, three times suited it well... and I only saw POTC: DMC once... i thought they refurnished the average first film...?

pr1983
What i'd like to know is why someone who says they didnt like the movie gets told off for straying from the subject of the thread, yet when someone says they liked it nobody complains...

that would constitute being off-topic too wouldnt it?

chase el
i hate to say it pr1983... but your right

miffed

o well

MattDay
there will always be a hater, a lover and a neutral, so don't get angry when a hater voices their opinion, or a lover's or even a neutrals opinion, we are all entitled to say what we side with.

a bit of philosophy

WrathfulDwarf
1-3

Mr Parker
Originally posted by spencerspider

this has got to be the first time we have ever agreed with each other. big grin Because I have the exact same sentiments as you do.I saw it once.that was enough.

superman41082
Unlucky 13 so far. I'm going to see it for a 14th today or tomorrow......... IMAX...

Curious.... Anyone have me beat???

Krone
Dude 14th time thats just plain sad i saw it once was gonna see it twice but Snakes on a Plane took priority

MattDay
snakes on a plane sucked... lol i was laughing soo hard as it seemed highly unoriginal, although there hasn't been an executive decision/anaconda film yet!

.Dance_Inside.
Originally posted by superman41082
Unlucky 13 so far. I'm going to see it for a 14th today or tomorrow......... IMAX...

wow!!!! 14...now I don't feel so guilty for seeing it 7 times lol
I might just see it again now lol

chase el
snakes on a plane was a good movie

redcaped
How long would it take 4 you to realize the purpose of this movie between the times you've seen it? That's a good Quest-ion.

systemshock2
Originally posted by superman41082

Allow me to clap. That is hard core. Awesome job.

MattDay
u must know every line of dialogue by now!?

.Dance_Inside.
I know I do embarrasment
well not all...but here I'll recite a scene, off by heart...
Superman: Lois...will you come with me?
Lois: Why?
Superman: I need to show you something...please?
Lois: I can't be gone long..
Superman: You wont be.
Lois: Clark said the reason you didn't say good-bye was because it was too unbearable for you, personalty I think thats a load of crap.
Superman: Clark?
Lois: Just a guy I work with
Superman: Maybe Clarks right.
Lois: You know, my...Richard, hes a pilot. Takes me up all the time.
Superman: Not like this...
(starts flying up)
Superman: Listen...what do you hear?
Lois: I don't hear anything.
Superman: I hear everything...you wrote that the world doesn't need a saviour, but everyday I hear I someone crying out for one.
I'm sorry I left you lois..I'll take you back now.
(some more flying)

the end.

man I'm good..stick out tongue

systemshock2
Hey Dance Inside you just gave me a great idea! Let's test each other's in-depth knowledge of the movie, for those of us that have seen the movie so many times =)

---------------------
What were CLARK's first and last lines in the movie? Remember this is referring to Clark's lines and not Superman's.
--------------------

Feel free to answer that and make up other questions like that. This could be a lot of fun.

MattDay
can't remember the first lines exactly, but his last as clark were "there co ordinates" am i right on the last?

systemshock2
Close. His first lines were that "here boy" when he petted his dog, and his last lines were indeed the "They're coordinates" line.

Okay here's another couple of them. Some of them are toughies:

1) What two things did Lex say Kitty was busy doing as he was unlocking the mysterious of the universe?

2) What did Jimmy say Clark was looking for during his 5 year absence?

3) What two things did Lex say he would trade for a quart of gasoline?

4) What three things did Perry say sells newspapers?

5) What was the last name of the woman that Lex swindled out of the money?

6) (This is a toughie) What were the only two lines, three if you really think about it, that Kal Penn had in the movie? (Amazing that he got name billing for it too).

.Dance_Inside.
1.) doing her nails..and I forget the next one messed
2) umm he said he was doing a little soul searching, and he saw Lamas
3) every coconut on the lsland, and every ounce of kittys blood.
4) Tragedy,sex and Superman
5)Vanderworth?
6) I know, I know (when he was cutting off the little part of the crystal.)

.Dance_Inside.
This is fun! I have some.

1. what was the first thing Superman said when he stepped onto the plane?

2. When Lois was telling Clark about Richard, what did she say about him?

3. When Lex asked Kitty what his dad used to say to him, what did she say?

4. What did Kitty tell Superman to call her?

systemshock2
Pretty sweet Dance Inside, you got all of them right! The other thing that Lex said Kitty was doing was ordering fur coats online. Let me try yours out, this is fun.

Originally posted by .Dance_Inside.
This is fun! I have some.

1. what was the first thing Superman said when he stepped onto the plane?

2. When Lois was telling Clark about Richard, what did she say about him?

3. When Lex asked Kitty what his dad used to say to him, what did she say?

4. What did Kitty tell Superman to call her?

1. "Is everybody alright?"

2. Oh god. I should know this one. Okay here goes. "He basically saved our international column. He flies planes, and he likes horror movies".

3. "You're losing your hair", and "Get out". (those were probably the best two lines of Kitty lol)

4. "Katherine".

systemshock2
Okay here's some more smile

1. What did Kitty compare the crystals to?

2. What did Lois think about crystals when Lex asked her about them?

3. What song was Kitty singing when Lex arrived at the balcony with the Daily planet newspaper?

4. What two passwords did Richard go through when he was trying to access Lois' computer, and what was the successful password?

5. How much did Lex donate to the museum in the donation box?

6. How old was the kid who took those "iconic" shots of Superman that Perry really liked?

.Dance_Inside.
1.? I dunno gone with the wind lol I don't know this one messed
2. They make great chandeliers
3. "Hes got the whole world in his hands"
4. Richard, Jason. The successful one was 'Superman'
5. 10 cents?
6. oh my gosh, was he 13 or something.

redcaped
The crystal chamber is missing 1 from the center...this could be the one S uses in the next sequel.

systemshock2
Okay Dance Inside these are the last ones because these are all the ones left that I can think of...at least for now lol. So far you've done an outstanding job =)

1) What was Superman's heartbeat-per-minute on the machine when he was on the hospital bed?

2) What photos was Perry asking for from Jimmy when we first see him meeting Clark?

3) Lois was asking for how many "f's" are in this word (______) before Perry yells at her for using it in a story?

4) What famous comic-book city did Superman apparently visit, at least according to news reports, during his world rescues?

5) What was the name of the article Richard asked Lois about years ago, and what was the name of the article Lois won the Pulitzer for?

6) What did Lex say Superman's father should have taught him as Lex is kicking him in the ribs?

Darth Martin
I have seen it twice.

.Dance_Inside.
1.83? I actually never paid attention to that.
2. Birthday clown massacre
3. Catastrophic
4.Gotham
5. I spent the night with Superman
6. something before you leap? walk? I'm not sure

GODOFALL1
I've seen this movie 9 times!!!! 4 regular.....5 in 3-D!!!!!!! It's a great movie!! But Superman would get decimated by GOKU!

MattDay
argh here we go with the goku thing... i say they both lose, eternity comes in a deletes them both for going on and on and on and on and on...

redcaped
Do you think of a sequel by seeing this movie?

redcaped
Do you think of a sequel while watching this movie?

redcaped
At what point do you think of a sequel before/during/after watching this movie?

Adam Warlock
Once was enough for me

S.G
You know its pretty pathetic to see a film as many times as that. You all must be in love with Superman wihich is very pathetic.

Dark_Psylocke

1) What was Superman's heartbeat-per-minute on the machine when he was on the hospital bed?

I think it was 40...

6) What did Lex say Superman's father should have taught him as Lex is kicking him in the ribs?

"Didn't your father teach you to look before you leap?"... I believe

.Dance_Inside, you're awesome. You really do know this movie ^_^

.Dance_Inside.
Originally posted by S.G
You know its pretty pathetic to see a film as many times as that. You all must be in love with Superman wihich is very pathetic.

meh, I think its pretty pathetic, that you made a big deal about it.

redcaped
In about a few minutes from now, I will

superman41082
14 now.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.