Dr. Strange vs. Ion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sci-fi Nut
who wins?

batdude123
Ion every single time.

galan7777777
ion easily wins

Sci-fi Nut
what if strange gets one day of prep?

galan7777777
Originally posted by Sci-fi Nut
what if strange gets one day of prep? he still couldnt overcome ion, classic ion virtually achieved godhood

juggernaut66666
what if strange gets one day of prep?
He will know that is his last day in life so i think he will throw down some beers and fcuk some hoes

Sci-fi Nut
wow i didn't know ion was this powerful. sorry for the mismatch guys.

galan7777777
wow i didn't know ion was this powerful. sorry for the mismatch guys. np, ion is better matched against a cosmic being such as a full powered galactus, or some1 around that level smile

Tron
Are you referring to classic or current Ion?

Sci-fi Nut
i guess which ever one would be a good match up for strange.

galan7777777
Originally posted by Tron
Are you referring to classic or current Ion? since it wasnt specified i assumed it was classic ion, but im not sure which version he was thinking of

batdude123
Are you referring to classic or current Ion?

Does it matter?

Tron
Originally posted by batdude123
Does it matter?

I'd say it does, considering one's far more powerful than the other.

complexbrother
both versions on Ion wins but the current version will have a true battle on his hands. classic version wins instantly in any number of ways. for example he could reverse time and prevent Stephen Strange from getting in the car accident thus preventing the reason for Dr. Strange ever even needing to go and seek out the ancent one.

batdude123
I'd say it does, considering one's far more powerful than the other.

Current Ion is said to be even more powerful than his Classic form. He's supposed to reach "unheard of levels of power."

rotiart
Originally posted by batdude123
Current Ion is said to be even more powerful than his Classic form. He's supposed to reach "unheard levels of power."

Supposed to, but not yet shown.
"Classic" showed the ability to be in multiple places at once, and do other nifty tricks.

"Current" hasn't shown that. In fact the supposed "evil" Ion thats been floating around turned out to be one of Kyle's nemesis's... I think it was Effigy, but I can't remember the name offhand.

So as far as possibilities... maybe... but nothing proven yet...

So I'd say current < classic
and stranges beats the first but not the latter.

batdude123
Strange isn't beating either one.

Juntai
I'd say it does, considering one's far more powerful than the other. You have proof of that?
Alex Nero tasted a small piece of Kyle's power and was causing all sorts of devistation.

David_Richards
I have to agree, Even Kyle Rayner as a simple GL could give Strange a run but as Ion, hes way beyond Stranges power.

David_Richards
Sorry to beat a very dead horse,

But in the JLU cartoon Dr. Fate whos pretty much Strange's equal states that the GL's can take him. so someone with the power of Ion would wipe him out.

Tron
Originally posted by rotiart
Supposed to, but not yet shown.
"Classic" showed the ability to be in multiple places at once, and do other nifty tricks.

"Current" hasn't shown that. In fact the supposed "evil" Ion thats been floating around turned out to be one of Kyle's nemesis's... I think it was Effigy, but I can't remember the name offhand.

So as far as possibilities... maybe... but nothing proven yet...

So I'd say current < classic
and stranges beats the first but not the latter.

It was Nero.

Originally posted by Juntai
You have proof of that?
Alex Nero tasted a small piece of Kyle's power and was causing all sorts of devistation.

Do you have proof that current Ion is on par with his classic version? I've yet to see anything that puts him close.

Originally posted by David_Richards
Sorry to beat a very dead horse,

But in the JLU cartoon Dr. Fate whos pretty much Strange's equal states that the GL's can take him. so someone with the power of Ion would wipe him out.

JLU Fate said no such thing. That was John Steward who said it, and he referring to himself and the other GLC members combined that were there with him. Not that it matters, we're talking about comic versions here, anything said or done in the cartoon (although impressive) is non-canon to this thread.

rotiart
Cartoons aren't cannon for debate.

Still the powerset of current kyle ion isn't shown. so its a wait and see isn't it.

Juntai
It was Nero.

Do you have proof that current Ion is on par with his classic version? I've yet to see anything that puts him close.

JLU Fate said no such thing. That was John Steward who said it, and he referring to himself and the other GLC members combined that were there with him. Not that it matters, we're talking about comic versions here, anything said or done in the cartoon (although impressive) is non-canon to this thread. The Guardians of the Universe referenced him as being up in the range with classic when theyw ere debating whether or not he could handle it.

The idea that it was said even Kyle, who's been ION before, coudln't even comprehend his current level.

The very fact that over classic ION, he draws on a completely new source of energy as well as the old -namely the Starheart.

Alex Nero acting a fool across galaxies off of a small piece of his power is at least a sign.

However, feat for feat, he can't match up just yet, but then again, Kyle's only been active in it for a handful of pages.

David_Richards
Well okay tell me this, how exactly do you see Strange beating him? Blow for blow how does it go down?

xmarksthespot
If people actually just tried using the search function...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.