Whats so great about the Ultimates line?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
You guys always talk about how great it is. Is this the future of Marvel?

Haven't read any of it lately anyway

Is their an actual civil war going on between marvel fans between the classic continuity and the Ultimate continiuity.

At some some point, one of them is going to end.......

but which one?

H. S. 6
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Is their an actual civil war going on between marvel fans between the classic continuity and the Ultimate continiuity.

At some some point, one of them is going to end.......

Erm... not really. blink

Scoobless
Ultimates is a slightly more "realistic" look at how superhumans might cope, deal and be dealt with in our society.... anyone who is an "Illegal Genetic Mutation" is hunted down by SHIELD and treated like terrorists, mutants don't fall under that category because they are born that way, but changing yourself deliberately is a criminal act.

Plus their versions of Galactus, Mojo, Captain Marvel, etc... are all a little more believable

Dinalfos
It's great because it presents a fairly believable, well thought out alternative to the 616 universe. Realistic is the word.

Except Ultimate Spiderman, he sucks.

Scoobless
Can't wait for "Ultimate Power" .... Supreme Power crosses over to Ultimate Marvel Earth... no doubt there will be plenty of fighting

Supreme Power Hyperion Vs Ultimate Thor! .... big grin

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Scoobless
Can't wait for "Ultimate Power" .... Supreme Power crosses over to Ultimate Marvel Earth... no doubt there will be plenty of fighting

Hell yes. yes

I thought the ending to the latest issue of Ultimate Fantastic Four was interesting, with Doom crossing over to the Marvel Zombie universe.

Seems like the closest we'll get to an Ultimate/616 crossover for a long while, anyway.

newavenger13
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Hell yes. yes

I thought the ending to the latest issue of Ultimate Fantastic Four was interesting, with Doom crossing over to the Marvel Zombie universe.

Seems like the closest we'll get to an Ultimate/616 crossover for a long while, anyway.
ya to bad sad

H. S. 6
Originally posted by newavenger13
ya to bad sad

Still cool though. yes

Dinalfos
I believe Marvel has already stated that there won't be any crossing over. Lack of imagination, and such.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Dinalfos
I believe Marvel has already stated that there won't be any crossing over. Lack of imagination, and such.

wink

inamilist

I really hope they stick to this

Scoobless
I just read an interview on it.... apparently they are going to try to make this crossover have long lasting effects (unlike every other multi-universe crossover in the history of comics)

http://www.newsarama.com/WWLA06/Marvel/UltimatePJMSBendis.htm

Dinalfos
wink

Except that Ultimate Doom crossing over the zombie universe isn't even close to being a 616-Ultimate cross over.

H. S. 6
Except that Ultimate Doom crossing over the zombie universe isn't even close to being a 616-Ultimate cross over.

I didn't say it was close, only that it was the closest we were going to get to an Ultimate/616 crossover. After all, the zombie universe essentially is the 616 universe, just with... well, zombies. stick out tongue

Dinalfos
I didn't say it was close, only that it was the closest we were going to get to an Ultimate/616 crossover. After all, the zombie universe essentially is the 616 universe, just with... well, zombies. stick out tongue

Well, if you look at it that way wink

Darth Vicious

But I dont think Doom accomplished much because in Marvel Zombies they are seen devouring planets after eating Galactus and Doom appeared just when they were about finishing eating Galactus.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
But I dont think Doom accomplished much because in Marvel Zombies they are seen devouring planets after eating Galactus and Doom appeared just when they were about finishing eating Galactus.

laughing

True, true...

Validus
Ultimates is a slightly more "realistic" look at how superhumans might cope, deal and be dealt with in our society.... anyone who is an "Illegal Genetic Mutation" is hunted down by SHIELD and treated like terrorists, mutants don't fall under that category because they are born that way, but changing yourself deliberately is a criminal act.

Plus their versions of Galactus, Mojo, Captain Marvel, etc... are all a little more believable
I dunno. That Galactus bug bot/mindless Surfer droid stuff was pretty weak.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Validus
I dunno. That Galactus bug bot/mindless Surfer droid stuff was pretty weak.

Compared to what? a giant purple space god going around eating planets with a little silver guy on a surfboard? I mean COME ON! .... a freakin' SURFBOARD!!!......... IN SPACE!!!!!!!

no expression

Alien AI with nano-viruses are much more feasible

Validus
Didn't say it was less feasible. Said it was lame.

Big Sexy
Didn't say it was less feasible. Said it was lame. Agreed

Black Adam
don't really like anyone in ultimate U.

they all just seem like jerks to me. except for spidey he's a nice guy but he's lame.

and I guess the whole more realistic approach is a something people really like.

I couldn't care less. It's not like I read comics for realism.

Scoobless
I like the worlds in my comics to have as much realism as possible .... it makes them much easier to relate to

R.O.T. Yahman

If its going to be as 'realistic' as the rest of the counterpart issues; Thor dies after Hyperion farts !

R.O.T. Yahman
Didn't say it was less feasible. Said it was lame.

Attempt to bash Ellis again and i will personally KILL you ... U are not worthy !!!!!!!!!!!!!

OB1-adobe
Don't you guys think its kinda, dunno, cheap.

Like okay, lets start from scratch and see if they like it.

screw all that Secret wars, infinity guantlet, Civil war, dark pheonix crap.

shits all stupid kinda thing ya know?

Doesn't piss some off.

Big Sexy
Don't you guys think its kinda, dunno, cheap.

Like okay, lets start from scratch and see if they like it.

screw all that Secret wars, infinity guantlet, Civil war, dark pheonix crap.

shits all stupid kinda thing ya know?

Doesn't piss some off. Nah if anything it increases the audience. If you want the regular 616 then there are books for you and if you want a new take you have the ultimate line.

OB1-adobe
why is it called the 616?

Big Sexy
why is it called the 616? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_616

Darth Vicious
Compared to what? a giant purple space god going around eating planets with a little silver guy on a surfboard? I mean COME ON! .... a freakin' SURFBOARD!!!......... IN SPACE!!!!!!!

no expression

Alien AI with nano-viruses are much more feasible

Maybe Galactus knew that Earth was 71% water and wanted his herald to be "cool" laughing

Grimm22
Millar proved that Ult. Doom > Everybody cool

Scoobless
Which is a little dissapoinitng..... if he comes back and starts acting all evil again then there may be no realistic way for anyone to stop him (unless Ultimate Dr Strange helps out)

SnakeEyes
I like the worlds in my comics to have as much realism as possible .... it makes them much easier to relate to

Agreed. wink

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Grimm22
Millar proved that Ult. Doom > Everybody cool

Cool what happened, I stopped reading UFF4 a while ago. sad

lightaxe
Yeah that was real tight when Doom was announced to be the strongest, the only thing I don't get is why the Invisible Woman couldn't make fields in him, can she not make a force field inside of steel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.