Very Rare or Hard to find DVD You want in your Collection.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Do you have a list of movies that were transfer to DVD years ago and you been looking for them to add in your collection? These are some my extremely rare and hard to find jewels that I been searching for years:

Pixote (1981)
Vase de noces/****ing the Pig (1974)
Tampopo (1985)
Salo The 120 Days of Sodom
Aftermath (1994)
August Underground
Africa ama/Shocking Cannibals (1971)
Malena (Fully Uncut Japanese Version)

I been able to locate some of these titles on the internet, conventions, specialty stores and catalogs. However, the prices are insane! I've found bootlegs but they are badly edited or have terrible picture quality. I have a long list of other DVD's but because they trigger certain US censorship laws I won't get them on a region 1 or even a Korean edition. However, that's not stopping me from getting them.

BackFire
I have a bootleg of Salo, it's very good, especially considering I only paid about 10 bucks.

Do you know where the DVD Planet store is, WD? I was there a few months ago and they had a couple of copies of Aftermath in the horror section. Might want to check that out if you want it. I believe it was $20 or so.

coolmovies
i have tv shows that i want to add

maddani
monster squad!!!!!!!!

C-Dic
None, really.

MildPossession
Salo is avaliable on dvd here on region 2, is it not out in America then?

Solo
Yeah it is, unfortunately it's OOP, though.

Wolfie
I guess I would like Duck Soup. That's all I can think of right now. A bunch of OOP DVDs I've been wanting has gone back in print recently, so I'm a happy camper.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by BackFire
I have a bootleg of Salo, it's very good, especially considering I only paid about 10 bucks.

Do you know where the DVD Planet store is, WD? I was there a few months ago and they had a couple of copies of Aftermath in the horror section. Might want to check that out if you want it. I believe it was $20 or so.

Thanks for the tip BF. I'll be checking it out.

circut_shortage
Beetleborg and Power Ranger DVDS and Psycho 1-4

Wolfie
Originally posted by circut_shortage
Beetleborg and Power Ranger DVDS and Psycho 1-4
I doubt Beetleborgs ever made DVDs. I'm sure there are readily available Power Ranger DVDs. As for Psycho, the first and the remake are your for-sure bets.

Solo
Psycho 1-4 are easy to get your hands on. Beetleborgs used to kick so much ass.

I especially loved this guy:
http://mustbetv.net/1996bigbadbeetleborgs.jpg

circut_shortage
BEETLEBORGS KICK ****IN' ASS! I LOVE THEM, FLABBER WAS SOOO FUNNY, WHEN I WAS 4 IN 1997. I AM 11 TURING 12 NEXT MONTH, AND I STILL LOVE THEM!!

thegreatrudini
got salo

im after the invisible man series from the 60's or 70's i think.
Faust.
monster squad.
go kids.
all the tales from the crypts.
space hunter.
jayce and the wheeled warriors.
galaxy high.
out of this world.
theres loads more i cant think of at the mo

WrathfulDwarf
I had a ***** time tracking it down but I finally got me an "Uncut Version" copy (not that crappy rated R version) of Swimming Pool at a cheap price of $7.99 which I been hunting since late 04. I'm getting close to getting Aftermath which as you can see is one of my top searches.

thegreatrudini
Yay the very rare uk series first born has finaly come to dvd in the uk

redcaped
That's what I call communicating!

thegreatrudini
yw i think :0s lol

MildPossession
Thought I would put it in here instead of making one topic to ask.

I have no idea how you go about finding out how much videos are worth, and was hoping someone here might know.

Would like to know if the following videos are worth anything before I throw them away:

I Spit On Your Grave: Anchor Bay(1999), Clamshell packaging, Uncut/Not Rated.

Vampyres: Anchor Bay(2000), Clamshell packaging, Uncut.

Both are VHS and NTSC, and widescreen also.

Any info would be grand. Thank you.

BackFire
hehe, you have the same I Spit on Your Grave as me. As far as I know it's not worth anything, it was easily available in most movie stores up until they killed off VHS. Might want to check ebay or something though, just to make sure. You're throwing away that masterpiece of cinema? You crazy!

WrathfulDwarf
I attended a convention last saturday and got me 4 somewhat hard to find films on DVD.

Pola X (Uncut)
Brief Encounter (not rated)
9 songs (Uncut Edition)
Salon Kitty (Uncut Blue Underground)

MildPossession
Seriously, you wanted that 9 Songs in your collection... only good thing was the concert footage.

WrathfulDwarf
Actually...and honestly...I didn't know about the unsimulated sex scenes. Whoah! shock

Damo Iz God
AIL MANIAX: I want this more than anything but can't find it for the life of me...
9 songs
Casshern
August Underground
August Underground Mordum
Guineapig: Boxset
Nekromantik
Nekromantik 2
Schramm
Aftremath
Cannibal Holocaust
Cannibal Ferox
Probably others...

WrathfulDwarf
I have a bootleg copy of Schramm. It isn't very good it looks like someone recorded the movie from a vhs copy. erm

thegreatrudini
Ive got Casshern its a well good film

MildPossession
Casshern should be easy to find, especially in the UK. See it in HMV all the time. I've got two editions of it, one on region 3, and then a lovely 2 disc steelbook edition was released in the UK smile

thegreatrudini
yer it isnt deleted or out

redcaped
Back in 2004 I bought Yu-Gi-Oh! The Complete First Season Collector's Edition 49 episodes on 6 discs. I'm still waiting on the second season. Why they haven't release it?

WrathfulDwarf
Last week, I was at a convention, and finally found a bootleg copy of Salo. Really good quality and very good sound. I also found the following very rare classics:

El Topo
Sacred Mountain
Puppet Master

These weren't in my long list. But I'm glad I got a hold of them. smile

The Core
Criterion's re-releasing "Salo" early next year.

WrathfulDwarf
Ditto.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=303974&perpage=20&highlight=Criterion+Collection+forumid%3A45&pagenumber=4#post6937627

Great to see the rumor is becoming a fact.

drewbiefan
Babes in toylandmessed?

Darth Martin
Yea, Beetleborgs was tight back then.

Dusty
'Fistful of Dynomite' aka 'Duck, you sucker!'

They need that shit on DVD.

WrathfulDwarf
Just recently a friend of mine remind me of a very hard to find movie call "Love Strange Love" feauting a very famous Brazilian actress. I'm on the hunt for that movie at the moment.

SpaceMonkey
Phantom of the Paradise

spidey-dude
go to tvshowsondvd.com you can find any show in history thats made a dvd set. ive looked everywhere for xmen animated series

The Core
There were 3 "X-Men" animated series cartoon DVDs. I had them at one point, but they go for big bucks. The Phoenix Saga disc is worth upwards of $50.

Kram3r
Originally posted by The Core
There were 3 "X-Men" animated series cartoon DVDs. I had them at one point, but they go for big bucks. The Phoenix Saga disc is worth upwards of $50.

I've always wanted those! Why do they go for so much? Limited pressing?

Impediment
As big of a DVD collector I am, I can't think of any rarities I want for my library.

WrathfulDwarf
Recently I saw a Two disc Collectors edition of August Underground for $70.00 at Ebay. I was tempted to bid. But just above my economy at the moment.

Originally posted by The Core

You can also get bootleg copies for $20. I remenber seen the set in a comic book convention.

BackFire
There's a two disc edition of August Underground available from their website for $30.

WrathfulDwarf
I did a little search and it seems like that $30 is a cheaper bargain for the 2 disc edition. I'm considering ordering very soon.

Just yesterday I received my copy of Love, Strange love on the mail. Wow! Good film...it's like Salo but without the violence and torture scenes. Best coming of age film IMO.

I'm now currently in the hunt to get a DVD copy of Titicut Follies. So, yeah..that one may not be as easy to find and might even impose a challenge.

Jim Reaper
I want Ken Branagh's "Hamlet." I heard it comes out on DVD this year. Anyone know anything on this release?

BackFire
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I did a little search and it seems like that $30 is a cheaper bargain for the 2 disc edition. I'm considering ordering very soon.

Just yesterday I received my copy of Love, Strange love on the mail. Wow! Good film...it's like Salo but without the violence and torture scenes. Best coming of age film IMO.

I'm now currently in the hunt to get a DVD copy of Titicut Follies. So, yeah..that one may not be as easy to find and might even impose a challenge.

Titicut Follies, I'm not sure that even exists on DVD. From what I've heard in order to get that movie you have to order it directly from the director, who owns the rights to all of his documentaries, and he charges like $300 for them.

I got extremely lucky with that, was able to watch it in a film class I took a few years ago, astounding documentary, very tragic.

It was available on Google Video a while back, which allowed my mom to watch it, which she'd wanted to do since I originally told her about it after I first watched it, it may still be on there.

Also, check PBS, I hear they show it from time to time.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Jim Reaper
I want Ken Branagh's "Hamlet." I heard it comes out on DVD this year. Anyone know anything on this release?

Check Amazon for release dates and availability.

That is sooo cool BF! You got to see it. Would have to love to be in that class just for that reason.

You know me...I'm a stubborn Dwarf. When there is an object of desire...I go for it. I do remenber dvd aficionado had a Region 2 copy a long time ago. Recently I went back to track it..but it's not there anymore.

I'm sure there is a copy out there....I'll find it.

BackFire
Yeah, I'd never heard of it at the time, but he said that when he shows it most of the class leaves because it's too much for them.

The class started out full, by the end there was only me and like 4 other people there.

I went home and looked at some info online about the movie, and discovered how rare it is and how so many people have been trying to track it down just to watch it once. Just lucked out.

But yeah, if a DVD exists I'm sure you can find it, best of luck to you, buddy. Great movie.

yvonekarate
Beauty and the Beast

Regards, Yvonne

yvonekarate
Forgot to mention;

Light in the Piazza
We the Living
Damals
The Tender Trap
The April Fools

Regards, Yvonne

ladygrim
Originally posted by Jim Reaper
I want Ken Branagh's "Hamlet." I heard it comes out on DVD this year. Anyone know anything on this release? im almost sure i saw that in HMV the other day when i was in there ....

yvonekarate
Originally posted by ladygrim
im almost sure i saw that in HMV the other day when i was in there ....

I've got it on dvd.(..)

Regards, Yvonne

akema
Demons, but then it released in the US and i got it from Deep Discount.

ADarksideJedi
I would love for them to put on dvd "Rocko's modern Life" but I know they are not going to do it.THey should they put Ren and Stumpy on so why not that?JM

The Hawk
Thursday

A friend of mine has it.

WheretoVirtue?
Braindead (Dead Alive) was hard to find so I had HMV order in a copy.
So was Clue..or Clueless..it was definitely- ..Oh you know I wanted Reservoir dogs but with just Mr.White on the cover..but I ended up getting the 10th anniversary one in 2003.

Kram3r
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I would love for them to put on dvd "Rocko's modern Life" but I know they are not going to do it.THey should they put Ren and Stumpy on so why not that?JM

Ren & Stimpy is on DVD.

Dusty
All Kurosawa films.

WrathfulDwarf

Pixote (1981)
Vase de noces/****ing the Pig (1974)
Tampopo (1985)
Salo The 120 Days of Sodom
Aftermath (1994)
August Underground
Africa ama/Shocking Cannibals (1971)
Malena (Fully Uncut Japanese Version)

During my recent trip to Comic Con I got some info on some of the titles I been looking for awhile. I was given the address of retailer site which carries two of the titles in my original list. I found Vase de Noces for Under $20. Then I found Pixote for $50. These films were never release in the US and UK and also the content of some scenes in the films may NEVER allowed for a general release. So I been doing good in progress to complete my list.

I did locate and purchase a few Spaghetti Western titles which are hard to find.

ADarksideJedi
I am looking for the movie "Atteck of the Killer Tomatos" on dvd.Anyone know where I can find it?It is so funny but it was also not very propular or known.JM

T.M
You should be able to get Killer Tomatoes online pretty easily.. I know Amazon have it for example.

steverules
Dark ride...can't get it since it's not on region 2 dvd

WrathfulDwarf
Awesome finds for my spaghetti western collection.

The Five Man Army (Region 0)
Black Killer (Region 0)

WrathfulDwarf
FINALLY!

You can now buy Titicut Follies on DVD legally and directly from the distributor. However, the price is rather high at $34.95. But because I gotten very good feedback about the documentary. I think it will be worth it. Just glad I can finally own a copy. smile

coolmovies
Disney dvds they are allways limited

BackFire
FINALLY!

You can now buy Titicut Follies on DVD legally and directly from the distributor. However, the price is rather high at $34.95. But because I gotten very good feedback about the documentary. I think it will be worth it. Just glad I can finally own a copy. smile

That's cool.

You were always able to buy directly from the filmmaker, but I heard the price was ridiculous -- like $300 or something.

It's an amazing documentary, well worth 35 bucks.

papabeard
Night of the Creeps

DethRose
Beetlejuice the cartoon series and Freakazoid.

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by papabeard
Night of the Creeps

I got a copy from Wal-Mart 2 months ago.

UPDATE! (What, you guys thought I quit this shit? Not me am obsess!)

I was able to locate a very good copy of Guayana: The Tragedy of the Jim Jones cult (1980) on DVD for a very good price!

This is a MUST see film because of it's disturbing and haunting scenes that somehow were shown on American TV without censoring.

I also got me a so-so bootleg copy of Beyond the door 2. Not something too rare but it was an uncut version (not from anchor bay)

BackFire
WD, did you ever get Titicut Follies? Like to hear what you thought of that.

WickedDynamite
I'm rather ashamed to say I haven't seen it nor given enough interest in getting the DVD. Last time I check is still runs for $35. I could have seen the film already thanks to torrents...but I rather keep things legit (which btw that is an oxymoron since I mention bootlegs earlier)

I will see this film!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.