One Year Later - Costumes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NoFate007
Which characters do you guys think should have a costume revamp now that they're trying to kind of establish a new continuity? I think the following should be done:

1. Superman - Now before you guys start bashing me, lol, remember that they've changed people's costumes over the years and made them more realistic and there wasn't any suffering. However, they've tried to do this out of the blue to Clark before and it's failed, so I understand that as well. The reason I think they should change his costume is because it simply doesn't look right anymore. I say, go with more of the "Ultimate Superman" look, from I think it was the All-Star series (not positive though). Make it so Superman comes back in a whole new way and kicks some ass.

2. Hawkman/Hawkgirl/etc - I've never been a fan of a 12 color scheme on people lol. The green with the orange and the gold and the black and the jeez just stop it already.

3. Wonder Woman - those blue undies have to go. If you for some reason don't want to make her costume different, at least take the stars off and change the color.

4. Martian Manhunter - I know he's changed a little bit, but those weird straps are just so odd, no matter what they've changed lol.

So which characters do you guys think should get a revamp for their costumes?

Broly92
Originally posted by NoFate007
3. Wonder Woman - those blue undies have to go.

Depends what you mean by go drool thumbup wink3

NoFate007
Haha. Well you can always have that, too.

badabing
Originally posted by Broly92
Depends what you mean by go drool thumbup wink3 eek! laughing

Broly92
Maybe have another girl superheroin from marvel do it to "help" Happy Dance

But seriously many heroes have just became more animated looking rather than a comic if that makes sense

NoFate007
Captain Marvel needs an upgrade too. That cape is a monstrosity lol.

R.O.T. Yahman
Who ever came up with idea of making the Martian manhnuters head look like a leg of lamb deserves to be sent to Bahgdad. I mean WTF.

In other news .... All the Spandex needs to be removed / updated.

roughrider
Captain Marvel needs an upgrade too. That cape is a monstrosity lol.

NO ONE TOUCHES CAPTAIN MARVEL'S COSTUME. mad
You can take his wonderful cape from my cold, dead hands. wink

OB1-adobe
Which characters do you guys think should have a costume revamp now that they're trying to kind of establish a new continuity? I think the following should be done:

1. Superman - Now before you guys start bashing me, lol, remember that they've changed people's costumes over the years and made them more realistic and there wasn't any suffering. However, they've tried to do this out of the blue to Clark before and it's failed, so I understand that as well. The reason I think they should change his costume is because it simply doesn't look right anymore. I say, go with more of the "Ultimate Superman" look, from I think it was the All-Star series (not positive though). Make it so Superman comes back in a whole new way and kicks some ass.

2. Hawkman/Hawkgirl/etc - I've never been a fan of a 12 color scheme on people lol. The green with the orange and the gold and the black and the jeez just stop it already.

3. Wonder Woman - those blue undies have to go. If you for some reason don't want to make her costume different, at least take the stars off and change the color.

4. Martian Manhunter - I know he's changed a little bit, but those weird straps are just so odd, no matter what they've changed lol.

So which characters do you guys think should get a revamp for their costumes?

DC's characters are kinda stuck that way ya know.

Its hard for them to mess with that without being an uproar

NoFate007
Yeah but they should give it a shot. Compared to Marvel (at least, most of Marvel..cough*not Captain America*cough) they look so freakin weird having all the underwear over the tights and stuff. Like, Aquaman isn't as bad as Namor in terms of costumes, but look at Plastic Man. Try, at least, to look at that horrid costume lol.

colossus_2000
I'm not a big DC fan, but I can see where the problem lies in the costume updates...

I hated the recent trend in Marvel comics to make everything 'more realistic' until recently. I know kinda like the seams showing (Cyclops, Wolverine), and the way you can see some facial expression from the guys in the masks (Deadpool and Spidey). Captain America know looks more like a guy in a mask rather than a guy with blue patches on his skin...

The Superman movie updated the costume just a little, and fans went beserk over ruining a classic. But the Batman movie radically changes the costume, and it's accepted? And embraced?

But it's a comic. If it doesn't work, change it back. So go ahead, darken the colours, and make the move into leather. Try more 'street-ish' styles. And when you've had your fun, the fans will rejoice in the return to the classic costumes!

*There are some you can't mess with however. Captain Marvel is one, Supes you can adjust but not change, and without his costume, Martian Manhunter is just another green guy...*

jumpmann
Supergirl's skirt isn't quite short enough yet.

Grimm22
Hawkman's costume is a classic.

Im not gay or anything, but he just looks awesome by the fact that he's so manly he dosent even wear a shirt laughing

Doc Potato
Originally posted by Grimm22
Hawkman's costume is a classic.

Im not gay or anything, but he just looks awesome by the fact that he's so manly he dosent even wear a shirt laughing Why do you say that? Are you a homophobe? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Grimm22
Originally posted by Doc Potato
Why do you say that? Are you a homophobe? roll eyes (sarcastic)

No What the f**k?

Im just saying that he looks manly without a shirt, but not in a gay way or anything no expression

NoFate007
"Not that there's anything wrong with that." - Seinfeld

lol.

UniOmni
I saw a slightly different rendition of the Superman outfit at CBR and it looked hella nice, imo.
Flash too.
It can be done, and with little fanfare.
Just don't go from bad to worse.

See Blue Superman.
Black Canary years ago.
Nightwing with the Elvis look.

NoFate007
Haha yeah see, Nightwing is a good example of changing a costume for the better. I'm sure they were hesitant about changing Robin, but don't you guys prefer Drake's look as opposed to Grayson's exposed legs and ballerina slippers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.