Astonishing X-men #16(spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
Anybody read it yet? It seems Colossus is the mutant responsible for destroying Breakworld!

I hope it is actually cause I would like to see a story arc focus on Colossus.

Draco69
The hell's Colossus gonna do? Punch the planet really hard????

Validus
Yeah, I'm wondering how Colossus can destroy a planet. Maybe something to do with the Legacy Virus?

snoopdogg
I was trying to figure that out also. Maybe Colossus got some power-up from injecting himself with the Lagay Virus cure or some sh!t.

Lucid Lui
Good issue. An yeah, i'm glad Colossus will be getting some spotlight. he hasn't really had any since he came back to life.

Draco69
I like how Wolverine is still acting like a pansy girl from 18th Century Scotland...

Lucid Lui
Yes. That Wolverine is great. My new favourite character.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Validus
Yeah, I'm wondering how Colossus can destroy a planet. Maybe something to do with the Legacy Virus?

When Colossus injected himself with the vaccine an antibody of sorts got created and release airborne, hence the virus got wiped but he died in the process. What if the brought his body to Breakworld while he was still releasing antibodies which in Breakworld might be fatal to their civilization. Just a thought.

manorastroman
aw...and i was so sure it was going to be cyclops.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Draco69
The hell's Colossus gonna do? Punch the planet really hard????

laughing

Thats what I was going to say

pr1983
read the issue, awesome...

as for colossus...

Though maybe he's too much of a nice guy...

xmarksthespot
I'm going to go a different route and say it isn't about Colossus, it's about Piotr Rasputin. I'm probably completely wrong but it's really anyone's guess at this point. I can't even conceive of what they're planning with him.

It could be completely out there, like it could be something to do with the fact that years ago he had a child with a Savage Land woman - although that's sort of been retconned out of existence.

pr1983
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I'm going to go a different route and say it isn't about Colossus, it's about Piotr Rasputin. I'm probably completely wrong but it's really anyone's guess at this point. I can't even conceive of what they're planning with him.

It could be completely out there, like it could be something to do with the fact that years ago he had a child with a Savage Land woman - although that's sort of been retconned out of existence.

laughing

knowing whedon, we can at least say it'll be a surprise...

aton_ra
Take this scenario, after Colossus injected himslef with the cure and ord brought him back he unknowingly gave Colossus another virus (or he made colossus into one).

Without knowing it himself Ord might have been responsible for the breakworld being destroyed himself (he thought he was doing the right thing, but he was actually making the events happen right).

And xmarksthespot, Piotr's son was last seen in the colossus:bloodline mini (though colossus still does not know of his son).

ExodusCloak
Even though I'm a major Emma fan...I have to give props to the fight....Kitty was just amazing...even though Emma had two chances where she could have capitalized but nonetheless it was entertaining..sucks that Perfection never got to finish her sentence...Emma did well considering what exactly?

Spoilers ahead....be warned....

Still warning spoilers ahead...watch out...

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/488/scan0016eo1.th.jpghttp://img174.imageshack.us/img174/8310/scan0017sw8.th.jpghttp://img389.imageshack.us/img389/7742/scan0018ri9.th.jpghttp://img174.imageshack.us/img174/7631/scan0019vs5.th.jpghttp://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6840/scan0020nk5.th.jpghttp://img398.imageshack.us/img398/4126/scan0021wl9.th.jpghttp://img174.imageshack.us/img174/5535/scan0022ji5.th.jpghttp://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9228/scan0023yl8.th.jpg

End of Spoilers....

BTW Love what Emma did to Wolvey...it suits him...

Disappear
cassandra nova did that to wolverine.

also, if you look at the folder containing the picture of colossus, it says "psionic probability." it's still possible that ol' pete's not the one who'll destroy breakworld.

manorastroman
in the words of kitty, yeahbuWHA? perfection is emma frost? eh?

grey fox
Hah , I like the way they reverted Wolvie back to his puny 13 year old edwardian/victorian self...

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by aton_ra
And xmarksthespot, Piotr's son was last seen in the colossus:bloodline mini (though colossus still does not know of his son). Didn't read it. Too many irrelevant minis.Originally posted by Disappear
cassandra nova did that to wolverine.Cassandra Nova is potentially a figment of Emma's imagination.

The Pict
Originally posted by Draco69
I like how Wolverine is still acting like a pansy girl from 18th Century Scotland...

You don't get pansys in SCOTLAND mad

Anyway I am going to the comic shop today, hope the issue is out over here.

bigbran
Originally posted by grey fox
Hah , I like the way they reverted Wolvie back to his puny 13 year old edwardian/victorian self... I think everyone does.

grey fox
Originally posted by The Pict
You don't get pansys in SCOTLAND mad

Anyway I am going to the comic shop today, hope the issue is out over here.

Scottish , i thought he was british ?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Disappear
cassandra nova did that to wolverine.

Well apparently all those Hellfire members are in Emma's head because she's insane...so everything was down to Emma in the end....

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Well apparently all those Hellfire members are in Emma's head because she's insane...so everything was down to Emma in the end.... Still to be confirmed, but that's how I've interpretted it thus far. Occam's razor.

Lucid Lui
Yeah, that's what i've been thinking is happening. It'll surprise me if it's not.

ExodusCloak
Still to be confirmed, but that's how I've interpretted it thus far. Occam's razor.

True...I'll leave the assumptions for after later...but you've got to admit standing in an empty room and talking to figments does suggest a lot...also I don't think anyone has the guts to tell Nova to keep quiet...hopefully the White Queen is fake aswell..

http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan0015ea9.jpg
http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan0016eo1.jpg

BTW Call me slow but what's in the box they're trying to steal?

xmarksthespot
True...I'll leave the assumptions for after later...but you've got to admit standing in an empty room and talking to figments does suggest a lot...hopefully the White Queen is fake aswell...I think I said the same things in another thread. This comic is being discussed in three different threads - that's how good it is.
BTW Call me slow but what's in the box they're trying to steal? Jean Grey? Way too obvious for Whedon. Hmm Colossus may be a red herring. Destroyer of World's may be Kitty's opening of that crate.

ExodusCloak
I think I said the same things in another thread. This comic is being discussed in three different threads - that's how good it is.

So cool...

Xavier has too many skeletons in his closet... stick out tongue Jean Grey....hmm good point...but if that box does lead to the destruction of breaker world...then Emma's definitely being manipulated...why would she want to open the crate..it doesn't help nor the Hellfire Club in any way.

xmarksthespot
So cool...

Xavier has too many skeletons in his closet... stick out tongue Jean Grey....hmm good point...but if that box does lead to the destruction of breaker world...then Emma's definitely being manipulated...why would she want to open the crate..it doesn't help nor the Hellfire Club in any way. Because she's crazy as a loon? Iunno.

ExodusCloak
Because she's crazy as a loon? Iunno.

I have a feeling that box has similar origins to Danger...with Joss there's always a good reason why he'll introduce a bad guy...

xmarksthespot
She called it "The manger." If that has any significance.

ExodusCloak
She called it "The manger." If that has any significance.

A trough with food in it? A trough with an item that is as essential as food in it? There's also the Christ reference....

xmarksthespot
There's also the Christ reference.... I know what's in the box! I know what's in the box!

Bryan Singer's Superman

ExodusCloak
I know what's in the box! I know what's in the box!

Bryan Singer's Superman

I think you may be on to something X...can't wait for the next issue... laughing

TheKahn
Cassandra Nova is potentially a figment of Emma's imagination.

dontgetit

Why do you think that may be the case?

ExodusCloak
Astrid Bloom...sorry I just had to say it again...just incase she turns out to be the one behind Emma being totally insane..

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by TheKahn
dontgetit

Why do you think that may be the case? I've suspected this for a while now - it hasn't been confirmed yet but imo it's getting there.

Every member of her current Hellfire Club was up until AXM #12 presumed dead (Negasonic Teenage Warhead) or otherwise incapacitated (Sebastian Shaw, Cassandra Nova, Perfection - "The White Queen"wink.

Think of it sort of like multiple personality disorder. They also all represent aspects of her past and psyche. Emma had lost three sets of students (now four) - Negasonic Teenage Warhead. Sebastian Shaw represents the Hellfire Club - an integral part of what's shaped her. Cassandra Nova is both her arrogance and insecurity wrapped into one - she tells Kitty she's no match for Nova (her), while at the same time Nova (she) tells her(self) that she's Bush league. And Perfection - whom I thought would either end up looking like either Jean Grey or Emma herself - is her ideal. As an X-Man she's still a bit of an outsider, while when she was the White Queen she knew her role, she was competely self-assured, everything was simple - Perfection.

Her Hellfire Club have also been appearing and disappearing erratically without being noticed, in the mansion, on Genosha.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.