The Most Underrated RPGs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Final Fantasy has defined the role-playing game genre. However it's shadow has a tendency to overshadow many other fine RPGs.

What great RPGs are severely underrated in your opinion?

I vote Suikoden, Shadow Hearts and Dragon Warrior.

Kayne Archeron
Shadow Hearts and Secret of Mana

crazy_shadow
final fantasy (except 8)
...very few rpg's ive ever played so yeah big grin

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by crazy_shadow
final fantasy (except 8)
...very few rpg's ive ever played so yeah big grin

if anything, 8 and 9 were the only underrated ones o.O

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
if anything, 8 and 9 were the only underrated ones o.O wait...underrated means best? or worse?

Kayne Archeron
underrated means it wasn't very popular and wasn't given the credit it deserves

InnerRise
Radiata Knights.

Baten Kaitos. (Although I'm gladly announce that they're making a second one that's coming out soon so maybe it's not as underrated as I think it is. I loved the game anyway so.)

is it comprehensible.....

Smasandian
I really enjoyed Skies of Arcadia.

Until I got fed up with random battles.

crazy_shadow
underrated means it wasn't very popular and wasn't given the credit it deserves oh...well in that case final fantasy 8, legend of legaia, legaia 2, ...yeah

MadMel
FF9.....

BackFire
Grandia II, Legend of Legia, Super Mario RPG.

Neo_Version 7
Breathe of Fire 4

§P0oONY
Terranigma, Golden Sun & Super Mario RPG.

Gregory
Shadow Hearts; the entire series is brililliant.

Koudelka, because that was a great game and I think I may be the only person in the universe to think so.

Lufia, because Rise of the Sinstrals was great, and the series deserved something better then this.

SpaceMonkey
Suikoden definitey, maybe part 2 moreso than the first though. I also think Shining Force 1 and 2 from Sega Genesis were underrated.

JToTheP
Any entry of the Tales Of series, no contest.

JToTheP

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by BackFire
Grandia II, Legend of Legia, Super Mario RPG. eek! u played LoL?

Kayne Archeron
Legend of Legaia 2 was pretty awesome as well... though it was sad to find it at a GAS STATION for 9 bucks

unfriendly
star ocean! and musashi! and suikoden! wow those all sounds like great games! i wish i wasnt poor! so i could enjoy them!

Lana
Lunar...

who?-kid
Star Ocean III : Till the End of Time.

Of all the underrated RPGs, probably the best RPG...

JToTheP
Star Ocean 3 is QUITE well-known who? kid. It is in no way shape or form underrated. Shadowed by Final Fantasy, yes, but not underrated.

unfriendly
shadowed, underrated...

almost the same thing....

theres a third one?!

JToTheP
Not really the same thing considering 3 has been known for being huge since it came out in 2004, and all in the world it's Greatest Hits.

who?-kid
Originally posted by JToTheP
Star Ocean 3 is QUITE well-known who? kid. It is in no way shape or form underrated. Shadowed by Final Fantasy, yes, but not underrated.
It may be quite well known, but for some reason, it rarely gets mentioned when talking about RPGs.

Yes. It has everything a good RPG needs.

Another underrated RPG is Arc the Lad : Twilight of the Spirits. The fighting system was a bit odd and slow, but the story was great (for a game).

Vinny Valentine
Earthbound by Far.

I think it's the best RPG ever made, but most people hate it due to graphics.

BackFire
Earthbound is a good choice, one of the most unique RPG's out there, such a strange and wonderful game.

crazy_shadow
Legend of Legaia 2 was pretty awesome as well... though it was sad to find it at a GAS STATION for 9 bucks

...if i found any game at a gas station id be surprised.. what the hell kind of gas station is that?

InnerRise
I've gotten games from Bank Drive Throughs before.

Probably Employees kids tired of them and the parents selling them at their job.

My mom drove through and when she stopped at the window they had an X-Men game for Sega and I wanted it so she told the women at the window and she bought it for me. The game also had a price on it on the window so you could tell it was for sale.

Probably a similar case with the game at the gas station.

is it comprehensible.....

Kayne Archeron
i know Chrono Cross isn't underrated, but a majority of people i hang out with simply won't play it due to the battle system... it's rather annoying

Gregory
Chrono Cross couldn't possibly be underrated. What a piece of ****.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.