which is the migtier nation? gondor or rohan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king harshil
i would like to get u r opinion on which nation was a mightier one during the time of the war of the ring. i mean militarywise.

thefallen544
In terms of numbers, equipment and training the army of Gondor was probably mightier during the war of the ring.

ESB -1138
Gondor. They seemed weaker in the movies for some reason. I guess because they couldn't hold back the army of Mordor at Minas Tirith and Rohan trampled through them.

But Gondor held back Mordor for a long time and even suffered diseases and stuff but they were stronger. The Rohirrim (knights) is the reason Rohan seems good but Gondor does have some knights and some great captains.

Fire
Gondor easy, they could field more men and stuff. But as ESB said they had already held Mordor back a long time, using up tons of their strength. Rohan is a nation of semi-nomadic horse masters. They are great in an open plain battle against an enemy with almost no Cavalry of its own. But that's something different than holding out in a fortress against the legions of Mordor + the Nazgul.

ESB -1138
You saw how well Rohan did at Helm's Deep. The force at Isengard is a joke compared the force that attacked Minas Tirith.

Naz
I vote Mordor. ermm

thefallen544
Yeah to be fair in strength of arms Mordor has it won pity they wern't included.

ESB -1138
Mordor WTFpwns everyone. At the Black Gates they outnumbered the combined forces of Gondor and Rohan ten to one. Which was like 6,000 to 60,000.

Council#13
Gondor is mightier than Rohan. Just look at the cities and castles! Like someone up there said, Isengard's forces were a JOKE compared to Mordor's massive horde. Just how long do you think Helms Deep would have lasted against hundreds of thousands of orcs, Mumakil, Nazgul, massive war machines, and trolls and Uglug Hai?

Aurora
Gondor. They have withstood more than Rohan and still have came out more powerful with Mordor standing right next to them!

SpaceMonkey
Gondor seems to be more civilized and better trained, but Rohan has these Viking savages. I wouldn't mess with Rohan, I'd be more willing to fight Gondor, especially with their best warrior(Boromir) gone.

thefallen544
Viking Savages, hardly. Gondor and Rohan had long been allies. A pact renewed after the War of the Ring by King Elessar of the Reunited Kingdoms and King Eomer of Rohan. Whilst they lived differently I would not use the word savages.

ESB -1138
They treat their horses (Rohan) with respect. The stables are second to none. For if it wasn't for the horses Rohan would have fallen years ago.

Council#13
The horses and the landscape. The flatlands make it easy for the horses to run around and for the Rohirrim to see their enemies.

Mace Skywalker
Gondor's army and kingdom were much greater, but the heart of Rohan was incredible. For what they had, they were a great city. But I voted for Gondor for their strength. In my eyes anyway.

Thorin

bogen
gondor would shit all over rohan, rohan are like the dudes that got off the bus to soon and ended up in some random suberb with no one to help them.
gondor on the other hand are exactly were they wanted to be.

Dresta
Gondor is far superior.

Captain SEX
Votes for Rohan...

Actually, but yeah, Rohan would win. In BfME 1 Rohan has all thw good heros except for Gandalf.

roughrider
Originally posted by Mace Skywalker
Gondor's army and kingdom were much greater, but the heart of Rohan was incredible. For what they had, they were a great city. But I voted for Gondor for their strength. In my eyes anyway.

Yes. Let's remember historically, Rohan was a province of Gondor given to the horsemen 500 years earlier, on the condition they would remain their ally in times of war. Rohan got just the force of Saruman Uruk-hai army, while the force that attacked Minas Tirith was nearly twenty times as large. Perhaps just because of the powerful fortress defenses of MT, is what tips the balance. It is a more formidable place to take, than Edoras or Helm's Deep.

ladygrim
Originally posted by Naz
I vote Mordor. ermm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.