Wireless Internet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lady Fianna
I'm going away to uni soon and I want to get wireless internet. Basicaly I've got a Belkin attachement thing and I've installed that but I don't get a connection. What else do I need to do to get it to work?

Help someone? embarrasment

pr1983
Originally posted by Lady Fianna
I'm going away to uni soon and I want to get wireless internet. Basicaly I've got a Belkin attachement thing and I've installed that but I don't get a connection. What else do I need to do to get it to work?

Did you fix the ip addresses and default gateway?

Lady Fianna
Originally posted by pr1983
Did you fix the ip addresses and default gateway? No.....? I don't think so.

El_NINO

Do you have a wireless router to test the connection?

or

Is there somewhere you can go that has free wireless so you can test your Wireless Card?

LanceWindu
Make sure your school has free WiFi...

While at home you need a wireless router and a wireless card. I use the Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router (WRT54G) and I opted for the WUSB54GSC Compact Wireless-G USB Network Adapter instead of the wireless card, it saved loads of time on installation.

pr1983
No.....? I don't think so.

I think your best bet is to ring the guys who're providing your net connection, tell them what the story is, and have them walk you through getting it connected...

Lady Fianna
Originally posted by El_NINO
Do you have a wireless router to test the connection?

or

Is there somewhere you can go that has free wireless so you can test your Wireless Card? No and also no. Where would I get this from?

So...I need a card {which I have} and a router..do I also need a provider or can I just connect of someone elses normal internet connection?

Originally posted by pr1983
I think your best bet is to ring the guys who're providing your net connection, tell them what the story is, and have them walk you through getting it connected...

Might be a good idea..

LanceWindu
No and also no. Where would I get this from?

So...I need a card {which I have} and a router..do I also need a provider or can I just connect of someone elses normal internet connection?

Might be a good idea..

Well you need a wireless router, otherwise your computer is connected to nothing...unless you have a neighbor with an unsecure wireless connection.

pr1983
Might be a good idea..

Tis what i did...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.