Most powerful PIS-aura.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thanos_THOTU
Well, since it will start with that some mention a couple of characters with PIS aura, and than people will use the fact suporting these character's PIS aura's.
So it will turn out to a PIS aura vs PIS aura topic, thats the reason I putted it in here.

Squirel Gril!

darthgoober
Captain America

H. S. 6
I'll give it to Wolverine.

galan7777777
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I'll give it to Wolverine. co-signed

juggernaut66666
Don't forget the Boyscout!

darthgoober
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Don't forget the Boyscout!
Or the Bat.

Thanos_THOTU
Lol, Squirel Girl takes down all of them blindfolded, and her legs and hands tied behinde her back.

She defeated dr. Doom.
She made so Thanos got arrested by the NYPD - Now that's a feat.

thedude1948
I dont believe in PIS.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Lol, Squirel Girl takes down all of them blindfolded, and her legs and hands tied behinde her back.

She defeated dr. Doom.
She made so Thanos got arrested by the NYPD - Now that's a feat.
Wait, now the Bat with prep, can literally take down ANYONE. That's pretty bad. Hasn't he taken on Darkseid, and beaten Superman? I'd say it's pretty close between the two of them.

brainchild81
Originally posted by thedude1948
I dont believe in PIS. You have to. It's part of the forum rules. Bats, Cap, & Wolvie are the front-runners.

Thanos_THOTU
I dont believe in PIS.
No... Of course Wolverine would be able to impale Thanos body nearly killing him. And killing Phoenix too?

galan7777777
No... Of course Wolverine would be able to impale Thanos body nearly killing him. And killing Phoenix too? its funny, but people have argued these 2 things sooo much its rediculous

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by darthgoober
Wait, now the Bat with prep, can literally take down ANYONE. That's pretty bad. Hasn't he taken on Darkseid, and beaten Superman?
Now when you mention it.
Reed with 30 years prep can destroy the universe.

David_Richards
yeah its werid, in the Exiles Comic, Wolverine single handedly defeats phoenix. I think they are both the king and queen of PIS.

darthgoober
I dont believe in PIS.
Your not going to start saying things like, "If it happens in a comic, than it counts!", are you.

darthgoober
Now when you mention it.
Reed with 30 years prep can destroy the universe.
Reed with thirty years prep, could destoy the omniverse, what are you talking about. laughing out loud

David_Richards
Your not going to start saying things like, "If it happens in a comic, than it counts!", are you.

Well thank you for that litle uncalled for slight. and since you want to get back into this then yes, if it happens in a comic that the parent comic book compnay holds as canon then it does count.

It doesn't mean that one character can ALWAYS beat the other character but it does mean that obviously under THAT set of circumstances they can.

thedude1948

No, for example Spider-Man vs Firelord. Spider-Man had probably 1/1000 chance of winning, and luckily for him he did win. That is realistic, in real life the better person does not always win and if it did in the comics it would be less realistic. On this board people say someone will win a fight 9/10 times if that 1 time they lost in a comic do you call that PIS?

K3VIL
Darkseid.He is currently believed to be Superman's punching ball who rules Apokolips and not the Skyfather Powerhouse he is.
Also Wolverine, probably before the end of 2006 Marvel will show us Logan taking the place of Galactus or Silver Surfer at least.

darthgoober
Originally posted by David_Richards
Well thank you for that litle uncalled for slight. and since you want to get back into this then yes, if it happens in a comic that the parent comic book compnay holds as canon then it does count.

It doesn't mean that one character can ALWAYS beat the other character but it does mean that obviously under THAT set of circumstances they can.
OK look, first of all that wasn't directed at you specifically, there have been a lot of people that have tried to pull it.
Second of all, you've been a member for THREE DAY'S! You have no right to question forum rules. Period. You start this crap again, I'll have you banned. Tron already told you that you can debate however you want with someone that's willing. But don't go trying to but into other peoples debate's, ignoring forum rules and critiquing their performance.

ExodusCloak
Squirrel Girl didn't beat Thanos with a plot device...she beat him... I don't know what to call it but it's not PIS it's closer to CIS IMO....but then again it's not entirely CIS...it's one of Squirrel Girls mutant powers to take people down who out class her.

BTW I think the word's Jobber Aura...that's probably the closest thing to describe what happened.

Lets see the list so far is:

Dr. Doom (Marvel Super-Heroes v3 #8)
Mandarin (GLX-Mas Special)
Giganto (GLX-Mas Special)
M.O.D.O.K. (GLX-Mas Special)
Thanos (GLX-Mas Special)
Terrax (GLX-Mas Special)
Bug-Eyed Voice (I (Heart) Marvel: Masked Intentions)
Bi-Beast (Thing v2 #8)
Deadpool (Cable & Deadpool #30)

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by K3VIL
Darkseid.He is currently believed to be Superman's punching ball who rules Apokolips and not the Skyfather Powerhouse he is.
Also Wolverine, probably before the end of 2006 Marvel will show us Logan taking the place of Galactus or Silver Surfer at least.

hes actually being written pertty well in Astonishing xmen

darthgoober
No, for example Spider-Man vs Firelord. Spider-Man had probably 1/1000 chance of winning, and luckily for him he did win. That is realistic, in real life the better person does not always win and if it did in the comics it would be less realistic. On this board people say someone will win a fight 9/10 times if that 1 time they lost in a comic do you call that PIS?
PIS and SMvF are two differnt things. But for the record, every hit that Spiderman landed SHOULD have burned his hand to a crisp.

darthgoober
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
hes actually being written pertty well in Astonishing xmen
wink

David_Richards
OK look, first of all that wasn't directed at you specifically, there have been a lot of people that have tried to pull it.
Second of all, you've been a member for THREE DAY'S! You have no right to question forum rules. Period. You start this crap again, I'll have you banned. Tron already told you that you can debate however you want with someone that's willing. But don't go trying to but into other peoples debate's, ignoring forum rules and critiquing their performance.

Well let me put it this way, your oviously familiar with PIS, can you guess what KMA is?

Ill question whatever I want to, people like you need to stop living with your head in the sand and just suck it up and deal with the fact that comics arent always written exactly how you want to, get off your high horse and stop thinking the world revolves around you and your tastes exclusively.

darthgoober
HIGH HORSE?! Your the one that came onto the scene, telling other people HOW they should debate, HOW the forum should be set up, and WHAT should be considered evidence! SO PISS OFF! If you don't like the rules, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

David_Richards
HIGH HORSE?! Your the one that came onto the scene, telling other people HOW they should debate, HOW the forum should be set up, and WHAT should be considered evidence! SO PISS OFF! If you don't like the rules, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

I never said HOW to debate, I simply told you by definition what a debate is and what it envolves. and I said nothing about how the fourm should be set up.

Nah I think I'll stay, and unlike you I prefer to face facts and things in life I don't like instead of just pretending they don't exist. Living in denial may sound fun but its not, lol its just not.

You also have some real anger issues there.

ExodusCloak
Question - Has Squirrel Girl actually ever been punked before? I mean on these forums we determine what PIS and Jobbing is from a characters high and Low end feats...however to my knowledge SG has only shown high feats...so since her case is special what do we call it?

Alfheim
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Question - Has Squirrel Girl actually ever been punked before? I mean on these forums we determine what PIS and Jobbing is from a characters high and Low end feats...however to my knowledge SG has only shown high feats...so since her case is special what do we call it?

What...... you mean Marvel actually created a character called Squirrel girl? I could see DC doing that but not Marvel.

I just looked at her profile and ermmm...ermmmmmmm she is actually quite cool...in a cute sort of way....anyway I gotta go

*runs off too the most sexiest superhero thread*

Darth Martin
Wolverine HANDS DOWN

badabing
Well let me put it this way, your oviously familiar with PIS, can you guess what KMA is?

Ill question whatever I want to, people like you need to stop living with your head in the sand and just suck it up and deal with the fact that comics arent always written exactly how you want to, get off your high horse and stop thinking the world revolves around you and your tastes exclusively.
I never said HOW to debate, I simply told you by definition what a debate is and what it envolves. and I said nothing about how the fourm should be set up.

Nah I think I'll stay, and unlike you I prefer to face facts and things in life I don't like instead of just pretending they don't exist. Living in denial may sound fun but its not, lol its just not.

You also have some real anger issues there.
In Internet terminology, a troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy or antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion. Often, trolls assume multiple aliases, or sock puppets.

David_Richards
Ive done nothing of the sort, I simply explained that if your going to have a real debate you have to accept the facts not just the ones you like.

And any rudeness I may have express was only in response to other rude comments.

And now your the one trying to antagonize and keep this arguement going. No one had said anything for a couple of hours and the topic had moved on to its original theme. Now your trying to start it up again and continue the fighting.

So in addition to looking up the words Debate and Fact, I suggest you might look up what a hypocrite is.

badabing
Ive done nothing of the sort, I simply explained that if your going to have a real debate you have to accept the facts not just the ones you like.

And any rudeness I may have express was only in response to other rude comments.

And now your the one trying to antagonize and keep this arguement going. No one had said anything for a couple of hours and the topic had moved on to its original theme. Now your trying to start it up again and continue the fighting.

So in addition to looking up the words Debate and Fact, I suggest you might look up what a hypocrite is.

No Mentioning Events of PIS

Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline. It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics. Examples of PIS include Flash stories lasting longer than three panels, or Toy Man as a threat to Superman.

Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively. Unlike PIS, CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates.

No SvFL

Spiderman vs. Firelord, or SvFL, is a shorthand that refers to any time when a character performs a feat that their powers and skills should be blatantly insufficient for, and is not repeated or is rarely repeated again relative to the character's overall established career, as well as the character's opponents' established showings. In statistical terms, it is an outlier, something that is radically beyond the character's established capabilities. For example, Spiderman defeating a herald of Galactus is a case of the SvFL exemption; however, Batman being able to sneak up on Superman is not because he has done so frequently under different writers.
For standard debates, feats considered to fall under the SvFL exemption are not valid. Likewise, examples of writing which go against firmly set canon are also ignored. For example, in Larry Hama's run of Batman and Grell's run of Iron Man, both characters were out of character and did things very much against established canon; therefore those runs are disregarded.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=418556&pagenumber=14#post7219447
Check the last post of this thread. There is a message for you. In fact, check the whole thread as I'm not the only person who has a problem with your "debating".

darthgoober

Wrong. According to forum rules, we are allowed to accept the facts that are true to the character, and toss the ones that are BS out the window. Now you might not consider that a real debate, but that's your problem, NOT ours. No one's forcing you to take part, so if you don't like the rules that have been set down, you shouldn't try to take part. Because real debates have rules, you have been ignoring the rules, so YOU have been the one that has been debating improperly.

Your rudness began when you started trying to tell other people how to handle the debates at hand. I've said before and I'll say again that, you have no right what so ever to tell people that have been here longer than you, how to debate topics within rules that you are choosing to ignore.

David_Richards
You are the one whos keeping this going.

And its not only "my" debating, I've debated both in high school and in a local debating club in my city and Debating is an argument based on the facts. ALL the facts, not just the ones we choose to like because they fit our argument well.

PIS, CIS can be very subjective, one person may consider something to fit within those parameters while another may think differently. Thats why we debate with fact. In other words objective truths that can be prove or disproven, not with opinions.

Truth be told I think you people are just scared to have a real debate with all the facts allowed in because you don't think you have the debating talent to over come them.

And i will say again, this thread had been quiet for 2 hours and had moved ion until you brought this up again. So right now your fitting the discription of a troll far mroe then me.

badabing

And its not only "my" debating, I've debated both in high school and in a local debating club in my city and Debating is an argument based on the facts. ALL the facts, not just the ones we choose to like because they fit our argument well.

PIS, CIS can be very subjective, one person may consider something to fit within those parameters while another may think differently. Thats why we debate with fact. In other words objective truths that can be prove or disproven, not with opinions.

Truth be told I think you people are just scared to have a real debate with all the facts allowed in because you don't think you have the debating talent to over come them.

And i will say again, this thread had been quiet for 2 hours and had moved ion until you brought this up again. So right now your fitting the discription of a troll far mroe then me.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t308157.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=418556&pagenumber=14#post7219447

H. S. 6
I thought Tron putting him in his place would have been enough.

Guess not.

David_Richards

And i will say again, this thread had been quiet for 2 hours and had moved ion until you brought this up again. So right now your fitting the discription of a troll far more then me.

I noticed no one actually adressed what I said above

badabing
I thought Tron putting him in his place would have been enough.

Guess not.
Some people are just incapable or unwilling to follow the set rules of the forums.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=418556&pagenumber=14#post7219447 whistle

batdude123
yeah its werid, in the Exiles Comic, Wolverine single handedly defeats phoenix. I think they are both the king and queen of PIS.

Oh so NOW you believe in PIS, huh? disgust

badabing
Originally posted by batdude123
Oh so NOW you believe in PIS, huh? disgust
Uh oh. BUSTED! laughing

David_Richards
I never said I didn't I said its not useable in a REAL debate, since it is subjective opinion and not objective fact, which is the basis upon which a real debate is fought.

The thread I put that comment into was a thread asking what we considered to be the biggest example of PIS was, it was nto a debate and it wasnt asking for facts.

The mark of a true debator is one who can overcome contradictory information with better facts to prove their case. Again I say, I think the reason you fall back on PIS and CIS and the rest is because they help you eliminate facts which destory your arguement and that you do not posses the skill to debate around.

batdude123
I never said I didn't I said its not useable in a REAL debate, since it is subjective opinion and not objective fact, which is the basis upon which a real debate is fought.

The thread I put that comment into was a thread asking what we considered to be the biggest example of PIS was, it was nto a debate and it wasnt asking for facts.

The mark of a true debator is one who can overcome contradictory information with better facts to prove their case. Again I say, I think the reason you fall back on PIS and CIS and the rest is because they help you eliminate facts which destory your arguement and that you do not posses the skill to debate around.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=418556&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=14

And not only did I PROVE to you that the Colossus feat was contradictory to everything else Magneto has shown, you persisted. Why? erm

David_Richards

Because since it happened in the comics, it proves that obviously in the Ultimates universe under a certin set of circumstances he can defeat Magneto. It doesnt mean it can always happen or would always happen merely that there is at least one way that it can. And you still havent adressed the points ive brought up above.

batdude123
Because since it happened in the comics, it proves that obviously in the Ultimates universe under a certin set of circumstances he can defeat Magneto. It doesnt mean it can always happen or would always happen merely that there is at least one way that it can. And you still havent adressed the poitns ive brought up above.

I don't care about your post above because it's against the violation of the rules. OBVIOUSLY you didn't read what Tron wrote at the end of my thread. And the only reason Colossus was able to do such a thing was because it served a specific purpose in the plot of the overall story. Hence PLOT DEVICE. That's why the fights on these forums are hypothetical match ups. I showed you that it contradicts everything Magneto has ever shown on a constant basis. What more do you need? It WAS PIS. The fact that it completely takes a dump on all of Magneto's showings attests to that. Not to mention it was a bit of "Character Induced Stupidity" as well. Hopefully you've seen the level of power Magneto can output. If Magneto was actually trying to kill the tin can, he would've. Come on, even YOU have to admit that. A person made of metal beating the MASTER of magnetism? That's completely contradictory to basic chemistry. A three year old should know that it's crap, and it's shown in the actual other comic books to be crap as well. That feat=PIS. Magneto going for the kill would snuff Colossus 12/10. wink

badabing
Because since it happened in the comics, it proves that obviously in the Ultimates universe under a certin set of circumstances he can defeat Magneto. It doesnt mean it can always happen or would always happen merely that there is at least one way that it can. And you still havent adressed the points ive brought up above.

Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline.

thanospimphand
bat kick

badabing
I don't care about your post above because it's against the violation of the rules. OBVIOUSLY you didn't read what Tron wrote at the end of my thread. And the only reason Colossus was able to do such a thing was because it served a specific purpose in the plot of the overall story. Hence PLOT DEVICE. That's why the fights on these forums are hypothetical match ups. I showed you that it contradicts everything Magneto has ever shown on a constant basis. What more do you need? It WAS PIS. The fact that it completely takes a dump on all of Magneto's showings attests to that. Not to mention it was a bit of "Character Induced Stupidity" as well. Hopefully you've seen the level of power Magneto can output. If Magneto was actually trying to kill the tin can, he would've. Come on, even YOU have to admit that. A person made of metal beating the MASTER of magnetism? That's completely contradictory to basic chemistry. A three year old should know that it's crap, and it's shown in the actual other comic books to be crap as well. That feat=PIS. Magneto going for the kill would snuff Colossus 12/10. wink
How to own a noob. cool

Rick/Genis
laughing

David_Richards

Actually it doesnt "own" me at all, it just shows you really are to scared to debate using real facts. If your a good enough debator you can win your arugement with ALL the facts not just the ones you like.

rotiart
The most powerful PIS aura belongs to Rick Jones. That kid has at times been handicapped, and still hung around guys like Genis, Captain Marvel, and Hulk as their #1 sidekick... The sheer fact that he should have died from the Shrapnel of being so near to a powerful being... has turned him into SuperRICK faster that ammunition fired from a firearm... more powerful than a train, able to leap tall... structures in a single ... jump... do do do....

H. S. 6
Actually it doesnt "own" me at all, it just shows you really are to scared to debate using real facts. If your a good enough debator you can win your arugement with ALL the facts not just the ones you like.

You obviously have no grasp of how Comic Book Versus forums work.

badabing

Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline. It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics.

No SvFL

Spiderman vs. Firelord, or SvFL, is a shorthand that refers to any time when a character performs a feat that their powers and skills should be blatantly insufficient for, and is not repeated or is rarely repeated again relative to the character's overall established career, as well as the character's opponents' established showings. In statistical terms, it is an outlier, something that is radically beyond the character's established capabilities. For standard debates, feats considered to fall under the SvFL exemption are not valid. Likewise, examples of writing which go against firmly set canon are also ignored.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=418556&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=14

You've been explained the rules by everybody, including a Moderator. The fact that you can't or won't comprehend them is ownage enough. Batdude just put the final nail into the "Ownage Coffin". laughing

batdude123
Originally posted by badabing
Batdude just put the final nail into the "Ownage Coffin". laughing

No, he was owned yesterday. This is more like the "digging up the coffin and kicking his corpse in the nuts thousands of times" phase. stick out tongue

badabing
No, he was owned yesterday. This is more like the "digging up the coffin and kicking his corpse in the nuts thousands of times" phase. stick out tongue
OMG!!!!! laughing eek! laughing

Dinalfos
You obviously have no grasp of how Comic Book Versus forums work.

Very few people do.

Soleran
I just wanted to tell you that I found the word redundant in your statement there twice, that would be two times for the laymen.

David_Richards

So youve proven you can insult what i've stated above you just havent proven it wrong.

This has nothing to do with how comic book fourms work and for the record their are forums on the net which dont use PIS in debates.

And again Im not saying I don't believe in the existance of PIS, just that its not acceptabel in a REAL debate becuase its not facts, its ignoring facts.

I created the thread below for the sole purpose of allowing people to vent their feelings about PIS in away that doesnt not pretend to be a REAL debate.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=418609&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=3

darthgoober
Actually it doesnt "own" me at all, it just shows you really are to scared to debate using real facts. If your a good enough debater you can win your arugement with ALL the facts not just the ones you like.
No, if your a GOOD debater, you win the debate while staying within the RULES that have been set down for the event. You for some reason or another, seem to be unable to do this. So by definition, you are without a doubt the WORST debater that I have ever personally came into contact with. You ignore the rules, you ignore the judges(in this case, the Mods), and you contribute nothing positive, or productive to the argument. If you want to count PIS, go ahead, you'll just be wrong.

David_Richards
Anyone can win a debate when the rules say they can throw out whatever facts contradict their arguement.

A REAL debator can win with ALL the facts allowed

Soleran

Even if they are half facts?! But they are allowed then!?

darthgoober
A real debator FOLLOWS THE RULES EVEN IF THEY DON'T HELP HIS CASE! But none of that really apply's to you for reasons that I've already stated.

Soleran
A real debator FOLLOWS THE RULES EVEN IF THEY DON'T HELP HIS CASE! But none of that really apply's to you for reasons that I've already stated.

uh huh, prove it.

David_Richards
Anyone can win a debate when the rules say they can throw out whatever facts contradict their arguement.

Facts are Facts, If you dont like them come up with other facts that contradict them, but don't run away from them or stick your head in the ground and pretend they don't exist.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Soleran
uh huh, prove it.

? confused

badabing

Flummery and conjecture. Your feathers are ruffled because nobody agrees with your inept conclusions due to your excessive use of PIS. Tron had told you to discuss the rules with him. Everyone else has posted the rules for you. Your inability to grasp the basic rules is no longer amusing, but sad. You've been at KMC for 5 minutes and wreak of old socks. But please, continue to dazzle us with your insights and your chants of correct debating.

Soleran
Facts are Facts, If you dont like them come up with other facts that contradict them.

If facts are facts how do you contradict them maybe because.........

Sounds like facts aren't really facts then, what does that make them, hmmmm

rotiart
Okay... so since Spiderman can beat Firelord and firelord is herald level... then... Spiderman must be herald level... and if spiderman is herald level...

Since Thor is a god... and captain america beat him... captain america is now superhero godlike level?

Spiderman beat the hulk, by having the hulk run into a building... and dropping the whole thing down upon hulk... therefore since hulk goes toe to toe with the FF4... then spiderman by theory must be able to beat the FF4 right?...

what.. those are the facts right? they are also PIS... but those are the facts. so by your idiocy... did i say that? i meant logic... spiderman is galactus level...

oh yes.. also.. cyclops cut off wolverines hand.. and it wasn't able to be able to regenerate in AoA... yet.. Wolverine has been shown to be able to come back from even a skeleton... however since cyclops did it.. and its fact.. his force blasts must have some type of anti-healing factor agent to it right? Meaning if he hit Hulk... He'd kill him.

Well there you go. If you wanna kill hulk, go find cyclops.

David_Richards
Look up the definiton of facts, In one comic book Magneto easily defeats Colossus and in another he get defeated BY him. Both facts which contradict themselves. You accept both and then debate.

Thats how it works. None of you would ever survive in a real debate where you couldn't pick and choose what facts you like to be allowed in.

Soleran
Look up the definiton of facts, In one comic book Magneto easily defeats Colossus and in another he get defeated BY him. Both facts which contradict themselves. You accept both and then debate.

Thats how it works. None of you would ever survive in a real debate where you couldn't pick and choose what facts you like to be allowed in.

You convinced me, I'll bet your good at ping pong also:/

rotiart
I'd go more likely with magneto defeating colossus than the other way around... the organic steel of colossus's body is shown to have metal properties... melted under heat.. etc..

There in all honestly, should be little that colossus could do to a person who wrecked the entire electromagnetic field of our planet.

Thats the honesty of the facts... and if you understood what PIS was, you'd understand that.

PIS is the once in a lifetime shot that happens, when yhou know it shouldn't... when years of a characters history is suddenly considered null and void, for one story. Well guess what, if that one story goes against everything that character shows to be within their power scale to be able to do... then we say they can't do it.

IE.. If all of a sudden spiderman went out, lifted up the shield helicarrier.. and threw it at a building.... I'm pretty sure it's PIS.

Btw. pis? squirrel girl beating Thanos.

Spiderman beating firelord? ... when shehulk busts her hand on surfers chest?

Yah... spiderman can't even hurt the Rhino with his punches.. but he's gonna rock firelord... thats the truest example of pis... years of continuity down the drain due to one bad storyline... or you ignore that storyline to keep everything else true.

PIS is also sometimes called Profit induced stupidity... when you realize that the comic book writers are only trying to cash in on their cash cow...

UniOmni
Jesse7 wins this one.

darthgoober

No YOU accept both and try to debate, everyone else(with any sense), will follow the RULES, and ignore the showing that is BS. Why, because we understand the rules of the debate, and that's what the rules of the debate say to do. You accuse us of ignoring events that we don't agree with, and all the while, YOUR ignoring the rules that you don't agree with. So who's really worse in this scenario?

David_Richards

I'm just saying don't call it a debate unless your really willing to have a REAL debate. If your a REAL debator then you wouldn't scared of facts.

For example:

since it is only that one time Colossus defeated Magneto, you could argue there was outside factors which diminished Magnetos power in that perticular fight. Read the issue where the fight happened and see if there was anything which diminsihed his powers in that fight.

Debating involves being up to date on the info. Do your research, gather your facts and then you'll do well in a debate.

badabing

Your view on this is both myopic and obtuse. Obviously, all of us would fair well in a "real" debate. Everybody has owned you with facts. You're the only person who is not grasping the format of KMC debates. The forum rules are set up to keep the debates within reason of a character's abilities. You should really read the rules and the post Tron made. cool

David_Richards
I'm just saying don't call it a debate unless your really willing to have a REAL debate. If your a REAL debator then you wouldn't scared of facts.

For example:

since it is only that one time Colossus defeated Magneto, you could argue there was outside factors which diminished Magnetos power in that perticular fight. Read the issue where the fight happened and see if there was anything which diminsihed his powers in that fight.

Debating involves being up to date on the info. Do your research, gather your facts and then you'll do well in a debate.

Actually none of you would fair well in a real debate since they accept all the facts relevant to the toppic not just the ones they like.

rotiart
You wanna know what a debate is? Watch the presidential debate. If you run over the times dicatated by them, or go into areas that have nothing relevant to the topic to which they discuss, they'll either steer you back, or shut you down. IE. Times up. End of conversation.

A good debate... is like a well written paper. Ever have a teacher assign you a paper. So she says its 10 pages... so you think doublespaced in giant font.. .then she says 10 font, times new roman, no bold, and single spaced only. So you think okay 1 page for title page, another for bibliography... then she says that your paper is 10 excluding those pages... so you think okay.. well i can write a paper about something i know... until your teacher states she'll be picking your topic... and that she wants no less than 7 works cited. Your thinking 7... crap.. i'll just scan the internet... so she includes the 7 works cited.. 1 magazine, 1 newspaper and 1 internet source at most.

... why? to remove plagarism, lies, facts that were disproven. etc..

PIS is like when the world believed the earth was flat... now we all know its spherical (roughly) because thats what years of science and imaging has taught us. Sure you may look out across the horizon and it looks straight... but that doesn't change all the other facts that disprove that one tidbit.

David_Richards

For example:

PIS as you call it is simply an instance in comics where a character found a way in a perticular fight to overcome the odds and achive victory. A good debator can argue around it.

Debating is not about choosing which facts we like or don't like. Its about comming up with a truth derived from an examination of ALL the facts connected to the topic at hand.

Its like the Global Warming Debate or the Debate on Evolution. Scientist present facts to prove their arguement and right wing politicans pretend they dont exist and only listen to the facts they like that support what they already think.

rotiart
There's a phrasing out there.. There's always exceptions to the rule. Now you may go to KFC on tuesdays and get their chicken and corn deal... and your store may not allow substitutions.. but you travel into another store... and ask.. can I have coleslaw instead of corn.. .and when they say yes, but the last 30 stores you've asked have told you no... are you going to say that all stores now must give you coleslaw?

Exception to the rule. You can try to apply the exception.. and generally you're just gonna get debunked. Every once in a while though you might be lucky... and you just might.. if you try the right angle.. get your coleslaw.

Apolloknight
Actually none of you would fair well in a real debate since they accept all the facts relevant to the toppic not just the ones they like.

Dude your missing the entire point, and your not even taking what people are saying into consideration, and yet you are suppose to be the expert debater. Rules are Rules, Im sure debates you have participated in also have rules, this forum, has rules. Rules which before you showed up, hundreds and thousands of people never had a problem with, strange. Everybody seems to grasp it but you.

The point is, when we debate, the fights are at full power, yes we should still utilize Comic evidence and facts, but some things are just stupid, Juggernaut being stopped by cement when he has toppled buildings, Spiderman beating firelord, Flash fights not ending in the first pico-second, Gladiator not pushing the moon into earth, or colossus fighting magneto.

As you are a "debater" then common logic should tell you a man who has toyed with the entire EM spectrum of earth, should have no trouble with a man who is metal, that my friend is common sense. Yes it is a fact that Colossus battled magneto in a comic, but ask yourself this, "how come magneto didn't use his power to effect Colossus?", interesting.

Could it be that little thing called "PIS/CIS". Just maybe thats it. Before you post again you should look over the forum rules and what people are trying to tell you.

David_Richards
PIS as you call it is simply an instance in comics where a character found a way in a perticular fight to overcome the odds and achive victory. A good debator can argue around it.

Debating is not about choosing which facts we like or don't like. Its about comming up with a truth derived from an examination of ALL the facts connected to the topic at hand.

Its like the Global Warming Debate or the Debate on Evolution. Scientist present facts to prove their arguement and right wing politicans pretend they dont exist and only listen to the facts they like that support what they already think.

If something is logical then the facts should back it up.

Thats why I said

"since it is only that one time Colossus defeated Magneto, you could argue there was outside factors which diminished Magnetos power in that perticular fight. Read the issue where the fight happened and see if there was anything which diminsihed his powers in that fight."

darthgoober

You know what fine. NO ONE else wants to have a real debate by your definition of the word. We have chosen instead to use common sense and GOOD judgment, when it comes to the facts that have been laid out before us. WE all agree about what counts and what doesn't. If YOU don't like that, go have one of your idiotic REAL debates, with someone who's willing, BECAUSE NONE OF US ARE. We choose instead, to debate relevant points, and actually follow the rules of this forum. Debate however you want, but stay out of our faces when it comes to our conversations.

rotiart

Actually the rule of why we have No PIS statments is for the mere fact that we want to see the fights done on the generally accepted views of a character. If you tripped and fell and knocked yourself out, would I salute the concrete slab and give it a gold medal?

Obvious PIS is not discussed because it detracts from those who are trying to present the true facts of a case. There will always be people who attempt to throw in PIS, saying that it holds true for it is onpanel. However, in the case of example spiderman vs hulk, spidey didn't beat hulk, the building did. So you exclude that example. Also we don't include areas that are obviously far and above the imposed power levels of a character. If for example .... Firelord can survive a nuclear explosion.. the core of the sun.. and a blackhole exploding.. but not a punch from spiderman.. you have to admit that something is dreadfully wrong there.

Soleran

There is fact in this statement

David_Richards
Its not just MY definition join any school debate club or any debate club in any city and I gaurntee they allow ALL facts related to the debate topic in. And why is this? Because they aren't scared of the fact becuase they are good enouhg debators to argue around them.

If you don't like a fact that involves PIS as you call it, then simply find another fight that can be used to contradict it. You can as I;ve said argue that something involved in that fight was to one characters advantage and that on a level playing field one character would achive victory.

Ignoring Facts we dont like is why there is still people who don't believe in Evolution and Global Warming. You can't just stick your head in the sand and pretend facts don't exist. That's not how intelligent people debate.

Also if you really want to know which character can win in a fight just e-mail marvel or DC and they will help. I did it when I wanted to prove my namesake could defeat the phoenix (Which I dont like any more then any of you) and they stated that on a level playing feild he would.

Use real facts and not opinion and not only does it make you a good debator but you will find less people questioning your findings.

rotiart
You know what fine. NO ONE else wants to have a real debate by your definition of the word. We have chosen instead to use common sense and GOOD judgment, when it comes to the facts that have been laid out before us. WE all agree about what counts and what doesn't. If YOU don't like that, go have one of your idiotic REAL debates, with someone who's willing, BECAUSE NONE OF US ARE. We choose instead, to debate relevant points, and actually follow the rules of this forum. Debate however you want, but stay out of our faces when it comes to our conversations.

I like this thread. It feels like I'm talking to some charlatan thats trying to sell me some mystical elixir of hair growth... when its really fish oils and vinegar.

He's allowed his point... but obviously its not a commonly accepted one. So he can make his arguements...

IE. PIS... is similar to why we also do not allow Non-canon material.
Just cause Ultimate Hulk does something... doesn't mean 616 Hulk can do it.

We also have debates dependant upon which version of a character you pic. IE. PreRetcon Beyonder vs. Living Tribunal. IE if you were to use all versions... of beyonder,, and did not debate within the stated criteria.. you would probably use post retcon beyonder.. which would mean that beyonder would lost to LT... however if you stayed within the areas of the debate.. you'd see PR Beyonder would win.

:/

I understand you're new, but this isn't necessarily a very difficult concept.

David_Richards
Its not just MY definition join any school debate club or any debate club in any city and I gaurntee they allow ALL facts related to the debate topic in. And why is this? Because they aren't scared of the fact becuase they are good enouhg debators to argue around them.

If you don't like a fact that involves PIS as you call it, then simply find another fight that can be used to contradict it. You can as I;ve said argue that something involved in that fight was to one characters advantage and that on a level playing field one character would achive victory.

Ignoring Facts we dont like is why there is still people who don't believe in Evolution and Global Warming. You can't just stick your head in the sand and pretend facts don't exist. That's not how intelligent people debate.

Also if you really want to know which character can win in a fight just e-mail marvel or DC and they will help. I did it when I wanted to prove my namesake could defeat the phoenix (Which I dont like any more then any of you) and they stated that on a level playing feild he would.

Use real facts and not opinion and not only does it make you a good debator but you will find less people questioning your findings.

Then make a spacific thread, say "Ultimate Hulk vs Mags" not just "Hulk vs Mags"

darthgoober

Obviously not every debate club does function like that, BECAUSE THIS ONE DOESN'T! If you don't like it, go have one of those other debate clubs start debating comic book battles. What are you even doing here if the rules are THAT unacceptable by what you consider to be an actual debate.

rotiart

Actually intelligent people understand that due to the constant findings of history, research, scientific fact over the past century, that the world is round, that our genetic trail seems to emerge from somewhere in Africa, and Global Warming exists, but for a mirade of reasons that cannot be easily resolved or pinpointed.

Actually the reason we don't use PIS, is because it has an exorbitant amount of impossibility to resolve. If you go outside the restraints of a character.. and say he can beat god. How do you know argue that your character can be beaten by anyone? Case in point classic vs current wolverine. Classic was supposed to be able to be killed by sufficient blood loss, or per days of futures past, a sufficiently strong blast. However Current has been taken to a skeleton and come back. which version do you use? PIS also can determine the relative power set of a character.

IE. Squirrel girl. Based upon her powerset, she shouldn't be able to hurt deadpool, much less thanos. However thanks to PIS, it has been allowed that Squirrel girl be unbeatable. Even taking out Dr. Doom.

Hence I refer to the National Parliamentary Debate Association webpage:
http://cas.bethel.edu/dept/comm/npda/npdarules.html

There are rules of conduct that even they adhere to. How you are allowed to respond and what material you are allowed to draw from.

Mind you I used to debate when I was in school, but that was over a decade ago. So notice yes, there are rules. Yes there are stated forums of how to respond. Yes again, where your material may arrive from. So where are you getting all of these statements from that say, you can say whatever you want, however you want. Cause you're wrong. smokin'

darthgoober
Originally posted by rotiart
I like this thread. It feels like I'm talking to some charlatan thats trying to sell me some mystical elixir of hair growth... when its really fish oils and vinegar.

He's allowed his point... but obviously its not a commonly accepted one. So he can make his arguements...

IE. PIS... is similar to why we also do not allow Non-canon material.
Just cause Ultimate Hulk does something... doesn't mean 616 Hulk can do it.

We also have debates dependant upon which version of a character you pic. IE. PreRetcon Beyonder vs. Living Tribunal. IE if you were to use all versions... of beyonder,, and did not debate within the stated criteria.. you would probably use post retcon beyonder.. which would mean that beyonder would lost to LT... however if you stayed within the areas of the debate.. you'd see PR Beyonder would win.

:/

I understand you're new, but this isn't necessarily a very difficult concept.
WAIT A SECOND! Are trying to get on MY case now?

rotiart
Obviously not every debate club does function like that, BECAUSE THIS ONE DOESN'T! If you don't like it, go have one of those other debate clubs start debating comic book battles. What are you even doing here if the rules are THAT unacceptable by what you consider to be an actual debate.

I was in a debate group in school... and there were rules... where you got your material from, how you used it, how you responded....

I'm not sure where he's getting this idea that you can say anything you want... laughing

rotiart
WAIT A SECOND! Are trying to get on MY case now?

I wasn't referring to YOU being new. embarrasment

David_Richards
There is no school debate nor any city wide debate club where you are not allowed to use facts related ot the topic.

LOL, I've explained ways to argue around what you call PIS without ignoring it. As I said earlier I think your just scared that your not good enouhg to debate if ALL the facts are allowed in not just the ones you dont like.

We don't get anywhere in life if we ignore facts, better to deal with them and not run away from facts we don't like.

If an event of what you call PIS comes up, simply debate how in that circustance one character had an unfair advatnge in the fight and then explain how on a level playing feild they wouldn't have that perticular advantage. This is how intellegent people reasonably debate.

If your just afriad that you can;t win in a fight where ALL facts are allowed then admit it.

superbatman86
No, for example Spider-Man vs Firelord. Spider-Man had probably 1/1000 chance of winning, and luckily for him he did win. That is realistic, in real life the better person does not always win and if it did in the comics it would be less realistic. On this board people say someone will win a fight 9/10 times if that 1 time they lost in a comic do you call that PIS? Except he should have 0% of winning.Firelord can take planet destroying blasts and Spidey's punches hurt him? sick

darthgoober
I wasn't referring to YOU being new. embarrasment
OK, sorry, I'm a bit flustered at this point by the idiocy of it all, and thought that you were trying to get on to me. My bad.

David_Richards
Originally posted by superbatman86
Except he should have 0% of winning.Firelord can take planet destroying blasts and Spidey's punches hurt him? sick

Obviously there was some outside factor involved in that. Just find out what it was and argue around it.

LOL its like im teaching a class here on how to debate.

Soleran
Obviously there was some outside factor involved in that. Just find out what it was and argue around it.

LOL its like im teaching a class here on how to debate.

Maybe, however in regards to your PIS comment and facts within debates if you cannot cite a credible source to back your facts there is nothing to counter.

PIS is essentially using an uncredible source for discussion.

David_Richards
Originally posted by Soleran
Maybe, however in regards to your PIS comment and facts within debates if you cannot cite a credible source to back your facts there is nothing to counter.

PIS is essentially using an uncredible source for discussion.

If it happens in a comic book which the comic book company holds as canon material then its fact, therefore perfectly credible.

Apolloknight
If it happens in a comic book which the comic book company holds as canon material then its fact, therefore perfectly credible.

So everything that a writer writes is fact now, like if batman Throw a stone as hard as he could at earth and destroyed it, it would be fact huh?

See how that works.

darthgoober
There is no school debate nor any city wide debate club where you are not allowed to use facts related ot the topic.

LOL, I've explained ways to argue around what you call PIS without ignoring it. As I said earlier I think your just scared that your not good enouhg to debate if ALL the facts are allowed in not just the ones you dont like.

We don't get anywhere in life if we ignore facts, better to deal with them and not run away from facts we don't like.

If an event of what you call PIS comes up, simply debate how in that circustance one character had an unfair advatnge in the fight and then explain how on a level playing feild they wouldn't have that perticular advantage. This is how intellegent people reasonably debate.

If your just afriad that you can;t win in a fight where ALL facts are allowed then admit it.
Wrong again. You've been shown repeatedly that IT'S NOT ALLOWED HERE! What don't you understand about that. YOU'RE the one who's obviously scared to debate by forum rules. And if you go to any debate club in the world and ignore the rules of the debate, they don't let you do it.

David_Richards
Comic book companies have disregarded past events before, Crisis on Infinite Earths happened becuase it occurs too much and they needed a reset button.

Soleran
Originally posted by Apolloknight
So everything that a writer writes is fact now, like if batman Throw a stone as hard as he could at earth and destroyed it, it would be fact huh?

See how that works.

Yeah it would be a fact, it just wouldn't be a credible piece for a debate. Just read what he's saying which is if it's written its a fact, which is true however since this is comics and not real life we use the PIS to assist in weeding crap.

Apolloknight

If an event of what you call PIS comes up, simply debate how in that circustance one character had an unfair advatnge in the fight and then explain how on a level playing feild they wouldn't have that perticular advantage.

OMG THAT IS THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE FORUM RULES, YOU YOURSELF JUST ADMITTED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing else left to see here back away people back away.

badabing
OMG THAT IS THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE FORUM RULES, YOU YOURSELF JUST ADMITTED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing else left to see here back away people back away.
He's been owned by everyone so he now managed to own himself. eek! laughing

Apolloknight
Originally posted by badabing
He's been owned by everyone so he now managed to own himself. eek! laughing

laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing

Crease
Dave,

Mail a $60 money order (no counterfits) once a month to an agreed-upon address and I'll debate you however you want argue...Otherwise...nopity

rotiart

Nice. Very Nice. Infantile, childish, pubile comments deserve a like response. The point is that we already do that. If you had spent even a few days reading through threads, you would know that situations arise, which are disproven as either PIS, CIS, or Non-Canon. But... wait.. how could you... you spend all your time debating about what debating is. Facts are brought to the table, and shown out the door. The problem with your argument is that the veterans here know what is considered outside of the general realms of a normal character so we choose to not bring it up, as doing so is a waste of time. Is that so hard to understand. Anything out of the ordinary is dismissed to the side.

Please, just admit you've never debated a day in your life. That you are a infantile, a child, who knows not the meaning of your life yet. You are teaching nothing. You are taking your biased views which are not even held in the view of the majority of the world. You state falsehoods, lies, and inadequate statements over and over. You state fashions of debating. Guess what. I've done it. I regulary watch politcal debates.

Its like I'm watching Judge Milian, and your the ignorant fool thats stepped into the courtroom trying to sue your former roommate because he slept with your girlfriend. You can't sue for that. You can argue all you want about how it hurt your feelings, caused you restless nights, and made it so you weren't able to work, so you are trying to get the backpay from you job. But it doesn't work that way. Life is more complicated then that. Answers are not always black and white, sometimes they happen to be gray. But you don't see the world in blacks or grays. All you see is the white of the baby powder thats still being applied to your silky bottom!!!

Jesus christ. You're Superchangling reborn aren't you.

David_Richards
Comic book companies have disregarded past events before, Crisis on Infinite Earths happened becuase it occurs too much and they needed a reset button.

Again, LOL I didnt own myself. events of what you call PIS are still facts and credible sources, I was just explaining how you can argue WITH them and not pretending they dont exist. A true debate is one where all facts are allowed and intellegently debated not ignored simply because they are facts we dont like.

Apolloknight
Nice. Very Nice. Infantile, childish, pubile comments deserve a like response. The point is that we already do that. If you had spent even a few days reading through threads, you would know that situations arise, which are disproven as either PIS, CIS, or Non-Canon. But... wait.. how could you... you spend all your time debating about what debating is. Facts are brought to the table, and shown out the door. The problem with your argument is that the veterans here know what is considered outside of the general realms of a normal character so we choose to not bring it up, as doing so is a waste of time. Is that so hard to understand. Anything out of the ordinary is dismissed to the side.

Please, just admit you've never debated a day in your life. That you are a infantile, a child, who knows not the meaning of your life yet. You are teaching nothing. You are taking your biased views which are not even held in the view of the majority of the world. You state falsehoods, lies, and inadequate statements over and over. You state fashions of debating. Guess what. I've done it. I regulary watch politcal debates.

Its like I'm watching Judge Milian, and your the ignorant fool thats stepped into the courtroom trying to sue your former roommate because he slept with your girlfriend. You can't sue for that. You can argue all you want about how it hurt your feelings, caused you restless nights, and made it so you weren't able to work, so you are trying to get the backpay from you job. But it doesn't work that way. Life is more complicated then that. Answers are not always black and white, sometimes they happen to be gray. But you don't see the world in blacks or grays. All you see is the white of the baby powder thats still being applied to your silky bottom!!!

Complete and utter ownage..........

You good sir, need some type of medal for this post

RogerRamjet
Well, since it will start with that some mention a couple of characters with PIS aura, and than people will use the fact suporting these character's PIS aura's.
So it will turn out to a PIS aura vs PIS aura topic, thats the reason I putted it in here.

Squirel Gril!

what's a PIS aura...i only heard of a PSI aura...

superbatman86

LOL its like im teaching a class here on how to debate. There was no outside factor.They fought,the author going retarded and forgetting ALL of Firelords abilites and past feats and letting Spider-man win.There is litteraly NO WAY Spidey can win with his power-set period.He's outmatched in every area by insurmountable margins.Now Mr."real" debator how do you argue for his winning?

darthgoober
Is Tron online, I've had enough of this sh*t?

rotiart
Thanks big grin

David_Richards

Again, LOL I didnt own myself. events of what you call PIS are still facts and credible sources, I was just explaining how you can argue WITH them and not pretending they dont exist. A true debate is one where all facts are allowed and intellegently debated not ignored simply because they are facts we dont like.

So your back to just shouting petty insults. I hope you realize that this topic had ended hours ago and was beggining to move on until you restarted it.

Intellegent people can debate using facts not ignoring them.

Apolloknight
So your back to just shouting petty insults. I hope you realize that this topic had ended hours ago and was beggining to move on until you restarted it.

Why do you keep quoting yourself? confused

Dinalfos
What about intelligent people?

laughing wink

rotiart
Originally posted by superbatman86
There was no outside factor.They fought,the author going retarded and forgetting ALL of Firelords abilites and past feats and letting Spider-man win.There is litteraly NO WAY Spidey can win with his power-set period.He's outmatched in every area by insurmountable margins.Now Mr."real" debator how do you argue for his winning?

I even thought, maybe the black suit was the symbiote... which would have amped spideys base strength.. but no... it wasn't... it was just his plain suit... which means... its base spiderman ... vs. cosmic herald.

spidey jumps up, and starts hitting firelord... there was no brass knuckles... no cosmic weakening of firelord... nothing like that at all.

The only plausible ending to Spidey vs Firelord is that the runner ran in at FTL speeds and beat the crap out of Firelord before anyone could register it.... Happy Dance

dance my banana dance!!!

Lets change this thread to what music you're listening to. I think enough of us have smacked this poor guy around.

Myself I'm listening "right now" to Craig David's: I'm Sorry

Soleran

Here is the most interesting piece you have said so far I'll bold it specidically for you! Since your also defining a "true debate" this forum has said it doesn't allow the use of PIS which means your debating this is not actually fruitful since it's already been established what is and isn't acceptable.

You prefer to overlook that and just say it's not a real debate then so it doesn't count, once again someone has to point your nose back to the rules. What you like or dislike doesn't matter is what's being told to you here. Instead you prefer to play semantics with whats's real and what's not when its being plainly told to you what is real.

rotiart

He's self promoting... like Don King?

David_Richards

Again, LOL I didnt own myself. events of what you call PIS are still facts and credible sources, I was just explaining how you can argue WITH them and not pretending they dont exist. A true debate is one where all facts are allowed and intellegently debated not ignored simply because they are facts we dont like. So your back to just shouting petty insults. I hope you realize that this topic had ended hours ago and was beggining to move on until you restarted it.

Im hoping you'll actualy read an understand it, and so far im not impressed wiht your debating skills since you dont counter arguements you simply throw insults around.

Why are you so scared of letting in ALL the facts? Is it because you think you can't win if facts you don;t like are allowed into a debate?

superbatman86
I even thought, maybe the black suit was the symbiote... which would have amped spideys base strength.. but no... it wasn't... it was just his plain suit... which means... its base spiderman ... vs. cosmic herald.

spidey jumps up, and starts hitting firelord... there was no brass knuckles... no cosmic weakening of firelord... nothing like that at all.

The only plausible ending to Spidey vs Firelord is that the runner ran in at FTL speeds and beat the crap out of Firelord before anyone could register it.... Happy Dance

dance my banana dance!!!

Lets change this thread to what music you're listening to. I think enough of us have smacked this poor guy around.

Myself I'm listening "right now" to Craig David's: I'm Sorry I am listening to Muse right now.

rotiart

I think he doesn't know how to reply.. and found that by quoting yourself.. you can respond... however if he were to look a little lower, and type in the box below marked Post Reply... then hit Submit Reply... he wouldn't have that problem...

Or like I said earlier... He fancies himself the new Don King. sick

badabing

jawdropwow2emoticon___pwned

David_Richards

Again, LOL I didnt own myself. events of what you call PIS are still facts and credible sources, I was just explaining how you can argue WITH them and not pretending they dont exist. A true debate is one where all facts are allowed and intellegently debated not ignored simply because they are facts we dont like. Im hoping you'll actualy read an understand it, and so far im not impressed wiht your debating skills since you dont counter arguements you simply throw insults around.

Why are you so scared of letting in ALL the facts? Is it because you think you can't win if facts you don;t like are allowed into a debate?

and you continue to prove me right. you dont address the facts I bring up you ignore them and throw insults. thats really displaying your debating skills.

darthgoober
and you continue to prove me right. you dont address the facts I bring up you ignore them and throw insults. thats really displaying your debating skills.
How's this for a FACT, you can't hang with anybody in a debate by forum rules, so instead you insult our debating style, to cover up the fact that you don't really know SH*T about comics.

bigbran
and you continue to prove me right. you dont address the facts I bring up you ignore them and throw insults. thats really displaying your debating skills. I've heard of, Rules are meant to be broken, but this is redicules. Your cracking, snapping, breaking, crackalacking the rules. And this is all I have to say to you.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE RULES, THEN YOU CAN GEEEEEEEEEEEET OUT!!!!

rotiart
Im hoping you'll actualy read an understand it, and so far im not impressed wiht your debating skills since you dont counter arguements you simply throw insults around.

Done. Done. Done. You're like that steak from Denny's that I ordered Medium Rare.

Are you illiterate? Can you not read. This forum does not belong to you. It belongs to the moderators. The moderators.. having set the rules of his forum have declared No PIS. Even if they haven't, people have a general understanding of what a persons powerset involves.. like the ability to quote properly... and enter into a debate. A debate is where two people have opposing points of view, and using facts, while arguing within the mandated areas of the debate, discuss their views. You've had, I guess 10 people about give you their points of view. They've given you their reasons for why they choose not to use PIS. And why it doesn't stand to reason to argue with it. Yet you continue to argue for PIS. Your mother told you, you were cool. Admit it, thats what you're scared of. That we'll know the truth. That the huggies pullups are riding too tight, and its causing your brain significant pain.

Child I've been in debates, as a student vs administrater over school policy, and local political issues. I've shown you repeated that a debate is, and you seem to think you KNOW what it is. Apparently, you know nothing. And it saddens my heart to think you are honestly keeping this up.

bangin

rotiart
Originally posted by bigbran
I've heard of, Rules are meant to be broken, but this is redicules. Your cracking, snapping, breaking, crackalacking the rules. And this is all I have to say to you.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE RULES, THEN YOU CAN GEEEEEEEEEEEET OUT!!!!

Branflakes! You're here!!! :P

Kid you'd better be wary. If Mr. Master, Galactic Storm, WhiteWitchking, KGKG.. or any number of other various well known debaters come on... what I've done to you is gonna feel like a slap on the wrist.

They'll make you feel like Tim Drake being inducted as Robin by Batman! jawdrop

David_Richards

Again, LOL I didnt own myself. events of what you call PIS are still facts and credible sources, I was just explaining how you can argue WITH them and not pretending they dont exist. A true debate is one where all facts are allowed and intellegently debated not ignored simply because they are facts we dont like. Im hoping you'll actualy read an understand it, and so far im not impressed wiht your debating skills since you dont counter arguements you simply throw insults around.

Why are you so scared of letting in ALL the facts? Is it because you think you can't win if facts you don;t like are allowed into a debate? and you continue to prove me right. you dont address the facts I bring up you ignore them and throw insults. thats really displaying your debating skills.

Acutally this had ended hours ago until you guys started it up again.

You still havent answered why your so scared to debate with ALL the facts you dont like not just the ones that suit your arguement.

As I said ive been in many debates in school and at my local debate club, and they are intellectual arguements where all the facts are allowed because we are intellegent and can debate around facts we dont like.

badabing

darthgoober
Well here we consider an intelligent person, someone who can read AND understand forum rules. You obviously DON'T fit that description, so forgive us for not bowing to your wisdom.

Soleran
Well here we consider an intelligent person, someone who can read AND understand forum rules. You obviously DON'T fit that description, so forgive us for not bowing to your wisdom.

laughing

rotiart

You still havent answered why your so scared to debate with ALL the facts you dont like not just the ones that suit your arguement.

As I said ive been in many debates in school and at my local debate club, and they are intellectual arguements where all the facts are allowed because we are intellegent and can debate around facts we dont like.

Actually you state repeatedly that a good debater can use misinformation to support true facts? Do you have any understanding of the absurdity of what you're saying? Noone here is scared of you. Well I could be. If I ever met you in real life, I'd be afraid whatever disease you had thats rotting your brain was contagious.

I love picking on you. Its so much fun.
bash

David_Richards

Why are you so scared of letting in ALL the facts? Is it because you think you can't win if facts you don;t like are allowed into a debate? Acutally this had ended hours ago until you guys started it up again.

So when I ask you why your so scared to have a REAL debate with all the facts invloved, the best awnser you can give is its in the rules? Pretty week defense. Why nto awnser the question? Also I never look to the majority to determine what I believe is right or wrong.

bigbran

As I said ive been in many debates in school and at my local debate club, and they are intellectual arguements where all the facts are allowed because we are intellegent and can debate around facts we dont like. Intelligent debates actually have to do with the topic.
So far, the only thing you have proven is that you can make a thread go off topic, and make it last for 7 pages.
And stop bringing up that debate club! If you have shown what you shown here, either
a) you lost every battle
or
b) your opponents were really bad.

If you want to prove your a good debater, then maybe you should get on topic, and stop being a ***** about everything.
So far you have basically said the Mods are stupid( and yes you did, argue all you want, but I'll make you look like a child)
You haven't listened to shit all, that any of the good debaters are pulling out.
Tron even warned you about your actions, and what do I see? Your doing the same god damn thing.
So grow up, and accept the truth, or be known as the person who wouldn't listen to anyone, and got banned, by saying they were a good debater.
Need I continue?

rotiart
Bababing Bababoom.... The big guy brings you doom!!!

I warned you. If other debaters arrive its only gonna get worse.

Btw. Please.. oh dear god PLEASE take the time to read our statements on PIS, before you get it into your head that nothing has been said.

Soleran
Baby Jesus shed tears of hope on those words beneath.

David_Richards
Well I could be. If I ever met you in real life, I'd be afraid whatever disease you had thats rotting your brain was contagious.

I love picking on you. Its so much fun.
bash

LOL yes this is the statement of an intellegent person.

Events of what you call PIS are still facts and credible sources, I was just explaining how you can argue WITH them and not pretending they dont exist. A true debate is one where all facts are allowed and intellegently debated not ignored simply because they are facts we dont like. Im hoping you'll actualy read an understand it, and so far im not impressed wiht your debating skills since you dont counter arguements you simply throw insults around.

And its not misinformation, its facts that happned in comics that Marvel holds as canon, there for very acceptalble examples to be used in REAL debates related to those characters in those issues. Its not my fault you can't accept that and prefer to put your heads in the sand and pretend they don't exist.

bigbran
Because I know you haven't actually read this. I am just going to rub in your face.

Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline. It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics. Examples of PIS include Flash stories lasting longer than three panels, or Toy Man as a threat to Superman.

Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively. Unlike PIS, CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates.

No SvFL

Spiderman vs. Firelord, or SvFL, is a shorthand that refers to any time when a character performs a feat that their powers and skills should be blatantly insufficient for, and is not repeated or is rarely repeated again relative to the character's overall established career, as well as the character's opponents' established showings. In statistical terms, it is an outlier, something that is radically beyond the character's established capabilities. For example, Spiderman defeating a herald of Galactus is a case of the SvFL exemption; however, Batman being able to sneak up on Superman is not because he has done so frequently under different writers.
For standard debates, feats considered to fall under the SvFL exemption are not valid. Likewise, examples of writing which go against firmly set canon are also ignored. For example, in Larry Hama's run of Batman and Grell's run of Iron Man, both characters were out of character and did things very much against established canon; therefore those runs are disregarded.

David_Richards

Events of what you call PIS are still facts and credible sources, I was just explaining how you can argue WITH them and not pretending they dont exist. A true debate is one where all facts are allowed and intellegently debated not ignored simply because they are facts we dont like. Im hoping you'll actualy read an understand it, and so far im not impressed wiht your debating skills since you dont counter arguements you simply throw insults around.

And its not misinformation, its facts that happned in comics that Marvel holds as canon, there for very acceptalble examples to be used in REAL debates related to those characters in those issues. Its not my fault you can't accept that and prefer to put your heads in the sand and pretend they don't exist.

it's you whos not reading. Ive read what you said and I disagree with it.

Soleran

See, I realize how difficult this is for you to grasp so I'll do this slowly. PIS rules are in place so that everytime someone wants to debate you don't have to waste(read it closely again) waste your time identifying and clarifying that in the realm of comics it's PIS. By applying this rule to debates on this forum we can discard crap before it piles up and in addition it allows reasonable people to debate intelligently....................

I mean you could sit around all day debating on anything you want however the point is to allow reasonable discussion about reasonable events without having to listen to unreasonable events that no reasonable person accepts, get it, probably not.

bigbran
it's you whos not reading. Ive read what you said and I disagree with it. So your disagreeing with yourself?
Your quite the debater there champ.
You want a cookie! I can tell you were the number one team member in your little debating school.

bigbran

And its not misinformation, its facts that happned in comics that Marvel holds as canon, there for very acceptalble examples to be used in REAL debates related to those characters in those issues. Its not my fault you can't accept that and prefer to put your heads in the sand and pretend they don't exist. Just wait, one minute.
Pis are credible sources?
Whenever I'm going to think of storm vs Wonder woman, I'll always look back at that crossover. Or whenever I think of Thanos vs Wolverine(bone claws) I'll aways look back when Thanos got shredded by Wolverine.

Your the only one here who hasn't listed facts. Stop saying your such a good debater, all you have proven is that you think you can avoid the rules. Oh and go completely off topic.
If you were in this debating school prove it with some knowledge.
Or in your case, hopefully they don't read my long post, so they think I'm smrt.(yes I spelt it wrong)

It's not my fault what? It's your fault your ignoring the rules.
Just walk away, and no one will hold it against you.

galan7777777
boy ol' david richards just loooooves to argue dosent he? argue

David_Richards
In no way am I disgreing with myself, I disagree with the rules you stated.

The main problem with basing arguements on elminating PIS is that PIS itself is very subjective. what one person considers PIS another may not. This is why we use Objective facts to debate. (Again I feel like im teaching a class here)

Just learn to debate WITH the facts and not ignoring them.

Dinalfos
This is the most exciting "debate" I've evah seen!!!!!!1!

badabing
Originally posted by Dinalfos
This is the most exciting "debate" I've evah seen!!!!!!1! laughing

darthgoober
Listen Bastion...er, I mean David, I know that you have issues about some of the thing's that have been classified as PIS(especially those involving the Phoenix Force), the fact of the matter is that under forum rules, they are not admissible. And any intelligent, skilled debater, stays within the rules. So for all your BULLSHIT, involving your skill in a real debate, you obviously don't know a damn thing about the subject.

invisiblewoman
Listen Bastion...er, I mean David, I know that you have issues about some of the thing's that have been classified as PIS(especially those involving the Phoenix Force), the fact of the matter is that under forum rules, they are not admissible. And any intelligent, skilled debater, stays within the rules. So for all your BULLSHIT, involving your skill in a real debate, you obviously don't know a damn thing about the subject. agreed, personal oppinions are meaningless in this forum

Soleran
Once again are you reading what it PIS, Thanos being cut by Wolverine after Thanos has taken shots from Hulk and SS and Thor and done nothing to him. This isn't subjective for wasting discussion on which is why its PIS. You end up with a convulted discussion over a set of "facts" that are blatantly out of place and can be used to distract from the discussion

REREAD THIS SLOWLY FOR COMPREHENSION

Pricelesssmile

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>