Tiger Woods- The Most Unstopable Force in Sports Right Now?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
After winning the last two majors, I think it's pretty clear that this guy has golf by the balls. Not to mention the people at ESPN seem to think so. Any opinions on this?

jaden101
Originally posted by batdude123
After winning the last two majors, I think it's pretty clear that this guy has golf by the balls. Not to mention the people at ESPN seem to think so. Any opinions on this?

clearly not...the most dominant man in any given sport at the moment is quite clearly Asafa Powell

forumcrew
id say him and Federer have it ... federer pretty much just has nadal to concern himself with but tiger doesnt win every time either.

DigiMark007
Golf is much harder to utterly dominate in my opinion. Tennis, if you're the best, you're the best. No one is close to Federer's skill set (except Nadal on clay). But golf requires much more concentration and constant precision to be the best consistently.

I think we're looking at the best and most dominant athlete we've seen since Jordan, and one of the best athletes in an individual sport (i.e. not on a team) ever.

Lefty's as good as any of the competition Nicklaus had. Golf is as strong as its ever been. Federer has only been dominant because he doesn't have a foil (like Sampras did with Agassi). But unlike Roger, who happens to be great but is also playing at a time when the competition is relatively weaker, Tiger is just that much better than anyone else who has ever played.

...I'm a Mickelson fan, so this is upsetting to me. But you're right. He's as close to unstppable as golf (or pretty much any sport) will ever see.

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by jaden101
clearly not...the most dominant man in any given sport at the moment is quite clearly Asafa Powell

im sorry who....?

well tiger has just won his 4th straight tournament. i think the over under for how many more stright hell win is 7

DigiMark007
I'd take the under on that number. But that's not to take away anything from Tiger...he's still unbelievably good.

botankus
I thought Ricky Williams was the obvious pick. There's no one I'd fear more in the Bong Bowl than him.

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by botankus
I thought Ricky Williams was the obvious pick. There's no one I'd fear more in the Bong Bowl than him.

LMFAO ROTFL I cant stop rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

B dot Rob
Watches NBA finals

that award goes to Dwyane invisible foul Wade

RecSpecs110
Originally posted by B dot Rob
Watches NBA finals

that award goes to Dwyane invisible foul Wade

do you mean that wade fouls a lot but doesnt get called for them.

jaden101
Originally posted by Lord Evolution
im sorry who....?

asafa powell is the worlds fastest sprinter...he has hit the world record of 9.77 seconds for the 100 metres 3 times this year

his last race he hit a 9.99 despite still figdeting in the block and getting ready when the gun went

given that justin gaitlin was his only real opposition and he is facing a life ban for failing 2 drug tests

that leaves powell way ahead of anyone else and it doesnt look like anyone will be beating him any time soon

here he is kicking everyone's collective ass at gateshead this year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5crru0aVyk&mode=related&search=

Dr. Strangelove
I would say Tiger. You also have to remember that Powell only has eight competitors to beat and Federer only has to beat one. Tiger has to beat, what, fifty to a hundred competitors to win his majors. Much tougher in my estimation.

forumcrew
tiger was given a huge gift though, that hitting the ball off the roof wasnt a penalty stroke.

B dot Rob
Originally posted by RecSpecs110
do you mean that wade fouls a lot but doesnt get called for them.

I mean that if you play any kind of defense on Wade he gets freethrows.

Lord Evolution
I mean that if you play any kind of defense on Wade he gets freethrows.

tru dat, in the finals it got pretty ridiculous, refs makin me not like wade

BuzzKiller
tiger is by far the most dominate player in an individual sport. he will win 100 or more tournaments and will shatter nicklaus's major record easily. there is no other athlete that has or could do what tiger has done.

Bicnarok

Lord Evolution
i think golf is a sport along with cycling, its good tho that you dont have to worry about peeps doing steroids in golf..

Lord Evolution
just wanted to point out that Tiger Woods has won his 5th straight tournament

B dot Rob
Golf may not be a real sport but that shit is fun as hell and MUCH harder to get then any sport.

Smasandian
Golf may not be a real sport but that shit is fun as hell and MUCH harder to get then any sport.

I'm sorry but no.

It's all relative.

Each sport is hard to master. It's all based on how natural a player is.

Darth Martin
!!!!!KOBE BRYANT!!!!!

rock rock rock rock

RecSpecs110
I think tiger is definately among the elite powers in sports. if you call golf a sport, of course.

Smasandian
Oh definitly.

He is the best golfer of his time and probalby will be the best ever, but I think its impossible to say if he is the most unstoppable force in pro sports.

I think Federer is right up there.

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by Darth Martin
!!!!!KOBE BRYANT!!!!!

rock rock rock rock

TRUE! I forgot about Kobe, hes right up there too but not ahead of Tiger.

Darth Martin
1. Tiger Woods
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Serena/Teresa Williams

Lord Evolution
pfft this tournament didnt count

RecSpecs110
its hard to say. i mean you really dont want to say tiger is the most UNSTOPABLE force, but at the same time, when you say "golf" most will automatically think of tiger, while when pertaining to other sports, more than 1 person will probably come to mind.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by RecSpecs110
its hard to say. i mean you really dont want to say tiger is the most UNSTOPABLE force, but at the same time, when you say "golf" most will automatically think of tiger, while when pertaining to other sports, more than 1 person will probably come to mind. I can agree to that.

Darth Martin
Also you have to take into consideration that golf isn't as pop[ular as other sports.

1. Soccer
2. Baseball
3. American Football
4. Basketball
5. Hockey
6. Racing(Nascar)
7. Golf
8. Tennis

Lord Evolution
Also you have to take into consideration that golf isn't as pop

Im sorry, but golf is not below Hockey! hell no no no

batdude123
Also you have to take into consideration that golf isn't as pop

Hockey blows ass. yes

Lord Evolution
yeah right now I would put Hockey dead last

Darth Martin
I hate hockey but i do believe it is more popuklar thann golf.

batdude123
I hate hockey but i do believe it is more popuklar thann golf.

By who? Canadians and Russians? blink

Worldwide, I guarantee golf is more popular.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.