Mystery song: Music to F*** to

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spaz_Gurl
On a friend's ipod i found this song, "music to f*ck to", and it said it was by portishead. i really liked the song and decided to search the band to see if i would like their other stuff.... i did, but all the other songs had female vocals as opposed to this song's male vocals. This confused me, so i did a little more extensive searching and I am pretty sure that this song is not by portishead. but i can't figure out who it is by.... anyone out there know?
the lyrics are as follows:

Who becomes a star
who will fall
took the way I know
move along now
so sad I lost memory
the shape of things to come
soot inside stocked inside me
theres just no time
its the ending
find the roadway
got to let you know
I walk the way the wind blows
softly
clouds of envy
I see its eyes
fireflies in time
dont ask for anything
I see no room in my life
dont ask for anything
I dont know why
talk to me
drag my memory across the seashore
off sand
yes I can
I'm trying to say it but im getting tired
so I'lll
I'll never I'll never I'll never
hold your hand hold the light
in the end
another butterfly anything cloud under
funny bird
burning word
traveling dreams forming in time
head start
words from an indian
words indian
talk
just alone
talk
traveling dreams forming in time
head start words from an
words just talk What the f**k?

tabby999
i had a look about but nothing came up...maybe the song title was just a note from your friend so they could find the song again next time they were gonna get into the hanky panky?

Spaz_Gurl
haha noooo if you search portishead and this name, lots of people seem to have the same mistaken impression...... ahhhh, its so strange!

tabby999
well then it was prolly a Portishead song with a guest vocalist then

Afro Cheese
http://www.last.fm/group/Song+Identification+Society/forum/16964/_/22792

EDIT: just noticed the album they are talking about doesn't have the track in question, at least not by name.

Deathblow
I've heard it, it's definitely not Portishead. I think it's by a band called ''Alpha''. Can't remember who told me that or whether it's true, but yeah.

Alpha Centauri
I copied and pasted one line into Google and got the answer immediately.

It's called Come from Heaven by Alpha.

-AC

tabby999
i did the same thing but all the songs that came up had similar lyrics, not the same...oh well

Spaz_Gurl
ho shet, thanks people. I tried the google thing and all i got was portishead and stuff like what tabby got. but then i went and looked up alpha and sure enough, there is a song called firelfy and i am listening to it right now and it is indeed the song. THANKS SO MUCH! That song has been under my skin for a while now. Stooooked. Kay, did i say thanks? Thanks guys and girls!!!

linkguz
[i did some searching on my own and apparently Alpha is some sort of a side projecy of Massive Attack and Portishead. But it is definitely a great musik to fick to!

~!iNkGuZ~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.