'Free' Energy found?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lumanix
http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/25559/ Irish_Co_Claims_Development_Of_Technology_That_Pro
duces_Free_Energy

The thinker
All I have to say is, BULLSHIT!
And even more BULLSHIT!

Lumanix
Seems you have thought long and hard to come up with a logical analysis. no expression

bigbran
Originally posted by Lumanix
Seems you have thought long and hard to come up with a logical analysis. no expression His name is "The thinker."

Lumanix
Originally posted by bigbran
His name is "The thinker." Exactly.

Fire
seems good, but I'm pretty sure there will be a catch

Lumanix
Originally posted by Fire
seems good, but I'm pretty sure there will be a catch When it is marketed, if it isn't surpressed.

Fire
yea, that sounds like a very real possibility

fini
Hmmmm THAT IS NOT free energy.
IT is converted energy, at least from what I have read.

Lumanix
Originally posted by fini
Hmmmm THAT IS NOT free energy.
IT is converted energy, at least from what I have read. Woohoo.

The thinker
Let me get this strait, they are claiming to have made a perpetual motion device. Energy can't be created or destroyed. There are hundreds of machines that are said to be perpetual motion devices, none of them work, there is a museum for these failed machines for Christ sake! This article is complete bullshit! I have read countless articles of douches claiming to have made these machines.

Evil Dead
not exactly bullshit.......

while thinker up there goes on to recite physical laws concerning the conservation of energy........he fails to mention zero-point energy......which tapping into is neither creating nor destroying energy. It's energy that already exists, abundantly......everywhere.

funny the article mentions using magnetic fields to achieve the results. This is akin to the work John Hutchison has been expirimenting with......yeilding apparently the same results, tapping into zero point energy. He just started out playing around with Tesla coils when his reported, "hutchison effect" (go to youtube and look up videos, cool stuff) happened unexpectedly. He has produced many videos over the years when he has actually gotten it to work......showing incredible things that are either real or the best damned hoax ever dreamed of.

ThePittman
Pretty cool video

Mr. Sandman
Forget Huchison, Nikola Tesla is the one who invented the damn thing.

Gregory
"We've had scientists test this! Um ... no ... we're, uh, not allowed to name them. No, they won't comment publically. But but but, we really did!"

Gosh, if that isn't convincing, I don't know what is.

Deano
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
Forget Huchison, Nikola Tesla is the one who invented the damn thing.

tesla was a genius..

Evil Dead
no comparison can be made between Tesla and Huchison. Tesla was a pioneer......expirimenting, basing new expiriments on his findings. Huchison was just some wannabe-geek piddling around to see what would happen..........

as it relates to the article in the first post, I would like to note that the general consensus by both the US military who worked with Huchison on his expiriments until 1984 and many leading physicists is that Huchison's effect is completely, totally true. That he dumb-lucked his way into something........which has yet (publicly) been able to be repeated on a regular basis. I say publicly because the US military worked with him for many years trying to duplicate his original results. They know everything he does......and have had 20 years + the best physicists in the world at their disposal to test, duplicate and master it.

debbiejo
Don't know much about Huchison, but Tesla was cool..And things do build on each other. This is how science works...

Robtard
Originally posted by The thinker
Let me get this strait, they are claiming to have made a perpetual motion device. Energy can't be created or destroyed. There are hundreds of machines that are said to be perpetual motion devices, none of them work, there is a museum for these failed machines for Christ sake! This article is complete bullshit! I have read countless articles of douches claiming to have made these machines.

Try thinking 'outside of the box'... Certainly everything there is to know hasn't been discovered yet. What's the worst thing that can happen with further research into this field compared to what is the best that could happen?

Gregory
The worst that could happen is that we blow billions of dollars worth of funds trying to break the laws of physics and build a magic energy machine.

The best that can happen is ... well, since Hutchison is a ludicrous fraud and free energy is impossible, I'm having trouble coming up with a "best case scenario" for this one.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Robtard
Try thinking 'outside of the box'... Certainly everything there is to know hasn't been discovered yet. What's the worst thing that can happen with further research into this field compared to what is the best that could happen? We could destroy ourselves......

Lumanix
Originally posted by Gregory
The worst that could happen is that we blow billions of dollars worth of funds trying to break the laws of physics and build a magic energy machine.

The best that can happen is ... well, since Hutchison is a ludicrous fraud and free energy is impossible, I'm having trouble coming up with a "best case scenario" for this one. The world being round was impossible at one time too. firefirefireph

Gregory
People knew the world was round thousands of years before Christ. But of course, that's the standard response to people who believe stupid things; well, that and Galileo. "Sure, my theory is completely ludacrous and goes against thousands of years of experimentation, but ... uh Galileo They thought he was wrong too. And, uh ... Galileio. Please give me research money!"

Gregory
(I don't mean to sound strident, but I think a lot of people don't quite understand how rare it is for a truly important scientific concept, one that has been around for well over a century, to be completely overthrown. It happens occassionally, but this...)

Evil Dead
where did you get your doctorite of physics again? I'm going to have to side with the military and professors of MIT on this one........something tells me their credentials are a tad better than yours. If it's a hoax or fraud......he is truely a genius.

if it is simply tapping into zero-point energy........it is not creating energy so I fail to see how any "scientific concept that's been around for over a century" to be overthrown. It's simply a new method of harnassing naturally occurring energy.

I believe you had your science and religion mixes up in this thread. Science........hypothesis > test > data > results > repeat. a claim was made and those making it are willing to test it. your response borders more on religion.........dismissing a claim without any scientific testing 'cause "I jus don't like the derned idea"

Gregory
Originally posted by Evil Dead
where did you get your doctorite of physics again? I'm going to have to side with the military and professors of MIT on this one........something tells me their credentials are a tad better than yours. If it's a hoax or fraud......he is truely a genius.

Because the US military would never blow money on something stupid. *snort* Perish the thought.

And since you're so confident in your MIT profs' credentials, no doubt you can give me the names of the proffessors who've backed his claim. Not that it would really matter if you could; nobody cares about your arguments from authority. But MIT ... I've heard that name before, in an odd context ... Oh yes, now I remember; one of their professors claimed that the higher ups at MIT was surpressing the truth about cold fussion, and quit in a huff. Dear dear.

Gregory
(Hundreds of scientists have signed up to test the device. We will, of course, wait to hear what the have to say, but if someone claims he's learned how to fly by flapping his arms really hard, I don't feel that I need to wait for him to actually jump off a roof before I form an opinion on the subject. Yes yes, terribly close-minded I know. Confusing science and religion, blah blah blah)

Zero point energy, incidently, is the lowest amount of energy you can have in a system. People keep talking about it like it's some free energy solution to the First Law of Thermodynamics, but it's generally understood that, since it's physically impossible to have less then zero-point energy, you can't extract it from the system, any more then you can cool a system to below absolute zero.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.