Quasar vs. Green Lantern (Kyle)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arsenal
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5633/quagre4ur.gif

lilnutta12
GL

Tshern
Gl would win, look at Quasar's mullet, he doesn't deserve a win.

rotiart
If its Kyle Green Lantern... and not Kyle Ion....

then quasar wins. Its been shown by Captain Marvel that GL energy waves can be absorbed, and therefore rendered useless

Quasar is the master at energy signatures...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by rotiart
If its Kyle Green Lantern... and not Kyle Ion....

then quasar wins. Its been shown by Captain Marvel that GL energy waves can be absorbed, and therefore rendered useless

Quasar is the master at energy signatures...

Please tell me your kidding. The Gl rings can also absorb energy. I love how people take one thing to thier liking and use it to discredit a character. The gl ring is master of everything. Energy, light waves, solid constructs, and will power. It would be a matter of who's will power is stronger. And kyle's ring doesnt have that weakness to being depleted of energy any longer. he got rid of that.

Soleran
I wonder if one of those guys acts first and pplaced a power shunt right over their device would is stop them from being able to direct their powers!

rotiart
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Please tell me your kidding. The Gl rings can also absorb energy. I love how people take one thing to thier liking and use it to discredit a character. The gl ring is master of everything. Energy, light waves, solid constructs, and will power. It would be a matter of who's will power is stronger. And kyle's ring doesnt have that weakness to being depleted of energy any longer. he got rid of that.

It says Kyle Green Lantern... not Kyle ION...

And it has happened to Kyle himself, while he was a Green Lantern...... sooo...

And Quasar has been shown to generate many types of contructs of different energy types... The fact that he can absorb even the energies of an abstract into his body...

So no. I'm not kidding. Kyle's my favorite GL, but I think Quasar's got him beat.

B dot Rob

Does Kyle even have the training that most GL do to pull off what you are saying? Most of the time I see Kyle fight he's always creating constructs/doing physical stuff.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by B dot Rob
Does Kyle even have the training that most GL do to pull off what you are saying? Most of the time I see Kyle fight he's always creating constructs/doing physical stuff.

He wasn't picked to be Ion for nothing. Kyle helped the quantum mechanics rebuild thier heaven's ladder machine. which was like the best advanced tech the dcu has ever seen. He was able to make a machine that sent the angels from heaven away. he was able to channel the energy of a cosmic cube.

Acrosurge
It says Kyle Green Lantern... not Kyle ION...

And it has happened to Kyle himself, while he was a Green Lantern...... sooo...

And Quasar has been shown to generate many types of contructs of different energy types... The fact that he can absorb even the energies of an abstract into his body...

So no. I'm not kidding. Kyle's my favorite GL, but I think Quasar's got him beat. Good points, Rotiart. I agree with everything here. Plus, the way Quasar manipulates energy from the quantum zone (redirection) seems to have less drawbacks than the way GLs manipulate their energy/constructs (sheer will power).

I doubt Wendell will ever be as popular as Hal or Kyle, but he seems to be a quarter-half-step above a good Lantern.

rotiart
Usually Kyle made constructs... using help from other people... In the GL/Silver Surfer crossover.. it was mentally instructed to him how to create the device needed to channel energies. He hasn't (to my recollection) done it on his own. Of course I don't know aobut this heavens ladder that you mention. Kyle for years did a lot with his ring without knowing how to fully do it.

And kyle wasn't "picked" The guardians were pretty much dying thanks to hal jordan, and they put their powers into a ring and ran to earth and gave it to the first person they found... At that time Ganthet was even unsure if it was such a good decision...

nvrbeenwthagirl
A green lantern can do so much more than Wendell can. A green lantern can transmute beings into energy and trap them in thier rings. They can turn invisable, make armies. How would wendell do against an army of daxamites? Not very well and it's all within kyle's power. Wendell can beat most any green lantern but kyle and hal, and maybe kilowag.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Usually Kyle made constructs... using help from other people... In the GL/Silver Surfer crossover.. it was mentally instructed to him how to create the device needed to channel energies. He hasn't (to my recollection) done it on his own. Of course I don't know aobut this heavens ladder that you mention. Kyle for years did a lot with his ring without knowing how to fully do it.

And kyle wasn't "picked" The guardians were pretty much dying thanks to hal jordan, and they put their powers into a ring and ran to earth and gave it to the first person they found... At that time Ganthet was even unsure if it was such a good decision...

Excuse me, I said he was picked to be ION. not green lantern.

rotiart
Nice... but the thread is Green Lantern vs. Quasar.

Not Ion vs. Quasar. Unless I missed something.

B dot Rob
A green lantern can do so much more than Wendell can. A green lantern can transmute beings into energy and trap them in thier rings. They can turn invisable, make armies. How would wendell do against an army of daxamites? Not very well and it's all within kyle's power. Wendell can beat most any green lantern but kyle and hal, and maybe kilowag.

Quasar can do all that stuff too :P. But you are also talking about a well trained GL, I don't recall Kyle going through a Kilowag 101 course.

rotiart
Quasar... was trained by a cosmic entity...

Quasar on his own beat maelstrom.. who became a cosmic entity.. in other words.. abstract level.

Quasar on his own... beat Ego... again.. Abstract level.

Acrosurge
A green lantern can do so much more than Wendell can. A green lantern can transmute beings into energy and trap them in thier rings. They can turn invisable, make armies. How would wendell do against an army of daxamites? Not very well and it's all within kyle's power. Wendell can beat most any green lantern but kyle and hal, and maybe kilowag. To each, his own speculation. To each, his own opinions.

I simply see Quasar as being a step above the top tier Lanterns. There really isn't anything they can do that he cannot. That, and he lacks the recent, low showings that Kyle was given during Identity Crisis. *shrugs*

nvrbeenwthagirl
Nice... but the thread is Green Lantern vs. Quasar.

Not Ion vs. Quasar. Unless I missed something.

OMG freaking read. I said Kyle as Green Lantern was not picked to be ion for nothing becuz someone said that kyle didn't have the training to of the other green lanters. READ. I said, he wasn't picked to be ION for NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! meaning he got picked to be ion becuz he was so damn Good at being green lantern. What is so hard to understand about that!!!

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Acrosurge
To each, his own speculation. To each, his own opinions.

I simply see Quasar as being a step above the top tier Lanterns. There really isn't anything they can do that he cannot. That, and he lacks the recent, low showings that Kyle was given during Identity Crisis. *shrugs*

Quasar has some pretty low showings as well. I thought on these forums, we dont go by low showings. Cuz every one has those.

B dot Rob
How does that change the fact that he has no training?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Quasar... was trained by a cosmic entity...

Quasar on his own beat maelstrom.. who became a cosmic entity.. in other words.. abstract level.

Quasar on his own... beat Ego... again.. Abstract level.

A green lantern Ring can hold the power of a big bang. It can make the heavens ladder where the quantum mechanics, Dc's race of uber comsics tech. Quasar doesnt' have that kind of power. He's very good. But in the end, he would just be over powered.

rotiart
You mean the classic Ion? Where he power of oblivion was trapped within the sun.. and no other person could claim it? So he, with his GL ring could tap into the ambient GL energy trapped there to become Ion?

Or the current Ion, where Jade gave him her access to the starheart as she died. Which has merged the energies of the magical starheart within Kyle with a GL ring that was the most powerful ring in existence.. as it was the last ring made by the Guardians before their "destruction" at the hands of parallax?

Ion was not "chosen", he just was.

nvrbeenwthagirl
How does that change the fact that he has no training?

I remember him going back in time and being trained by hal jordan. The Rings themselves also instruct the wearer as well. ANd he got plenty of on the job training with the jla.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You mean the classic Ion? Where he power of oblivion was trapped within the sun.. and no other person could claim it? So he, with his GL ring could tap into the ambient GL energy trapped there to become Ion?

Or the current Ion, where Jade gave him her access to the starheart as she died. Which has merged the energies of the magical starheart within Kyle with a GL ring that was the most powerful ring in existence.. as it was the last ring made by the Guardians before their "destruction" at the hands of parallax?

Ion was not "chosen", he just was.

The presence makes every thing as it is in DC. Kyle was chosen to be Ion.

rotiart
So you're saying the presence chose Kyle to be Ion then? It wasn't the Guardians?

Nice. Well then they also chose for Spectre to go rogue and come back... for Antimonitor to wreck the multiverse... and... what else... alex luthor to try to trestart his universe by killing every other one.

nvrbeenwthagirl
So you're saying the presence chose Kyle to be Ion then? It wasn't the Guardians?

Nice. Well then they also chose for Spectre to go rogue and come back... for Antimonitor to wreck the multiverse... and... what else... alex luthor to try to trestart his universe by killing every other one.

Pretty much. It all worked out in the end didn't it? Every thing is, as it should be. When you can take every sinlge Jla story with kyle in it, and replace him with quasar, and quasar can pull thru for them like kyle did, then quasar wins. Quasar is a great character, and he can give kyle a good fight, but he is just not as versatile and powerful. People on these forums are always talking about versatility. Kyle has Quasar beat. ANd his ring is more powerful.

Soleran
A green lantern Ring can hold the power of a big bang. It can make the heavens ladder where the quantum mechanics, Dc's race of uber comsics tech. Quasar doesnt' have that kind of power. He's very good. But in the end, he would just be over powered.

How do you overpower a guy that can shunt away all your energy or throw it back at you? Overpowered here isn't going to happen I'm afraid.

rotiart
Pretty much. It all worked out in the end didn't it? Every thing is, as it should be. When you can take every sinlge Jla story with kyle in it, and replace him with quasar, and quasar can pull thru for them like kyle did, then quasar wins. Quasar is a great character, and he can give kyle a good fight, but he is just not as versatile and powerful. People on these forums are always talking about versatility. Kyle has Quasar beat. ANd his ring is more powerful.

His ring being more powerful is questionable... People have pounded on Kyles shields before and gotten them to break...

Its taken the likes of skyfather's to break through Quasars shields...

Quasar has even redirected the energies of a full on phoenix attack

rotiart
Kyle tends to create devices.. imagery.. mechs.. cartoon characters.. even other scantily clad superheroines... to distract his foes.

Quasar, which he has done similar... has siphoned off the power cosmic from surfer himself... OUT of surfer's body. not taking any attack from surfer. but taking the pc from surfer himself.. and using it in his attack against surfer.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Kylre Rayner as a rookie took on parallax. SOmething that even a seasoned quasar doesn't have the power to do. Kyle wins this. Especially after being green lantern for all these years. He knows some stuff now. There is nothing that quasar can do that Kyle cannot out do. I dont' think quasar has the power to battle Kyle, if Kyle makes an army of Gl's, he has done that before, amps himself up to be like hulk, which he has done, and more. Good fight, but kyle will win this one.

rotiart
When Quasar fought Surfer... as champions of Chaos and Order respectively... Quasar created a body armor for himself that withstood surfers best attacks. In the end Quasar threw the fight, so that Surfer could win, and restore Order to the universe... Quasar can stalemate the surfer easily enough... and yet you're saying Kyle owns Quasar?

Soleran
Kylre Rayner as a rookie took on parallax. SOmething that even a seasoned quasar doesn't have the power to do. Kyle wins this. Especially after being green lantern for all these years. He knows some stuff now. There is nothing that quasar can do that Kyle cannot out do. I dont' think quasar has the power to battle Kyle, if Kyle makes an army of Gl's, he has done that before, amps himself up to be like hulk, which he has done, and more. Good fight, but kyle will win this one.

Uh, we already said Quasar has fought several abstracts as well, plus can just throw all the ring energy into the quantum zone, so all those new play figures will get blown into nothing.

Quasar has redirected blasts from the Phoenix etc etc.................actually that was accomplished through a making a nifty hamster crawl looking tube it was so crafty!

You're acting like Quasar cannot make constructs either...........he is a mack at making constructs and after he's done with them they stick around (I know GL's are doing this now but at the time is was unique to Quasarsmile

There's a reason why there are thousands of GL's to guard everything and only one Quasar!

nvrbeenwthagirl
When Quasar fought Surfer... as champions of Chaos and Order respectively... Quasar created a body armor for himself that withstood surfers best attacks. In the end Quasar threw the fight, so that Surfer could win, and restore Order to the universe... Quasar can stalemate the surfer easily enough... and yet you're saying Kyle owns Quasar?

Answer my question, does quasar have the power to contain a big bang? Does quasar have the power to do this?

http://img68.echo.cx/my.php?image=greenlantern124p193vg.jpg

Can Quasar even hope to have the power to face parallax? Not on his best day.

Soleran
Answer my question, does quasar have the power to contain a big bang?

Why contain it, he would just blow the energy into the Quantum zone. It wouldn't be an issue of containment with him just displacing it.

Probably would do just fine.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soleran
Uh, we already said Quasar has fought several abstracts as well, plus can just throw all the ring energy into the quantum zone, so all those new play figures will get blown into nothing.

Quasar has redirected blasts from the Phoenix etc etc.................actually that was accomplished through a making a nifty hamster crawl looking tube it was so crafty!

You're acting like Quasar cannot make constructs either...........he is a mack at making constructs and after he's done with them they stick around (I know GL's are doing this now but at the time is was unique to Quasarsmile

There's a reason why there are thousands of GL's to guard everything and only one Quasar!

Gl is older than quasar. And thier contructs are better and they can make more of them. Quasar on panel has never been shown to equal the power of a gl. ANd if we are talking about kyle as Gl, he was the only one at the time, with the most powerful gl ring ever. He wins this by a mile.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Why contain it, he would just blow the energy into the Quantum zone. It wouldn't be an issue of containment with him just displacing it.

Probably would do just fine.

LOL. Now your just digging. Parallax is above abstract lvl beings. And now ur saying quasar would do just fine. LMAO. He is not in the possession of the most powerful weapon in the universe. And kyle's ring was the most powerful green lantern ring ever. Quasar looses.

rotiart
Gl is older than quasar. And thier contructs are better and they can make more of them. Quasar on panel has never been shown to equal the power of a gl. ANd if we are talking about kyle as Gl, he was the only one at the time, with the most powerful gl ring ever. He wins this by a mile.

Are you kidding me? First you have to consider its Kyle GL. You're talking about Kyle ION. Lets get this straight okay. After Hal Jordan reignited the sun, he left a piece of his energy inside that sun that was growing exponentially. Towards the end where Kyle fought DC Oblivion, he discovered that for months, the reason why he hasn't had to recharge his ring is that he has been drawing upon that greater energy. So for the LONGEST time, he's been drawing on energies greater than allowed by his battery alone. Its why he can create so MANY constructs with his fights against effigy. It was stated soon after that was where he drew his energy from. Even when he was contested about his power by the Sentinel. Alan said that Kyle had a lot of power, but not enough skill. Then came the whole deal with Oblivion, and guess what. We discover, yes, its not just the ring, its Kyle's connection to the parallax energy!

Quasar on panel defeated Anomaly another Cosmic Entity. He defeated deathurge, the champion of Marvel Oblivion, who is a sibling of Eternity.

Quasar on his own erected a shield bubble that held against all members of the Shiar Imperial Guard, which includes even Gladiator.

Quasar also errected a shield against that held off against Earth Hero's including Hulk, Hercules Cyclops, Thing, Wolverine, and Thor. The shield was only broken when Quasar became distracted by Pip the troll and Thanos and Adam WArlcok also attacked the shiled.

Lets not forget that Wendell was also a shield agent before he became Quasar... so he also has knowledge of hand to hand combat.

Soleran
Yeah exactly now do we want to toss the high showings or are you specific to low showings only?

Once again there are thousands of GL's that do the job of one Quasar, that alone speaks highly of him.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yeah exactly now do we want to toss the high showings or are you specific to low showings only?

Once again there are thousands of GL's that do the job of one Quasar, that alone speaks highly of him.

Quasar doesn't protect the universe. And if you think one quasar could stop SBP then ur mistaken. Thousands of Gl's equals thousands of people who are more powerful than quasar. It really comes down to the power of the wielder. Kyle had the most powerful green lantern ring ever. The normal rings were a match for quasar. Kyle has much to versitility with his ring. I showed kyle making an entire corps each with thier own will and creativity, helping him. Quasar couldn't hope to match that. He just can't. He's great, and would give a good fight, but he can't win.

rotiart

GL is not older than quasar. The corps yes, not Kyle vs. Wendell.
Wendells first appearance was in 1978

Kyles was in 1994

Whos older?

As far as being equal in power? Kyle as a GL made constructs, he never willed things to happen. Wendell past that point a long time ago...

Kyle typically creates energy manifestations that "attack" or cause damage to another being.

Quasar has been shown to manipulate the energies WITHIN another person, without waving his hands... showy displays of power... or the whatnot. It just happens.

Kyle as Ion is now doing things that Quasar did way back in the 90's.
Taking out a whole armada? been there. A squadron of superheros by himself? done (shiar imperial guard and Squadron supreme) defeated cosmic entities? He challenged Oblivion, a sibling of Eternity...

Quasar is no lightweight by any means.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Are you kidding me? First you have to consider its Kyle GL. You're talking about Kyle ION. Lets get this straight okay. After Hal Jordan reignited the sun, he left a piece of his energy inside that sun that was growing exponentially. Towards the end where Kyle fought DC Oblivion, he discovered that for months, the reason why he hasn't had to recharge his ring is that he has been drawing upon that greater energy. So for the LONGEST time, he's been drawing on energies greater than allowed by his battery alone. Its why he can create so MANY constructs with his fights against effigy. It was stated soon after that was where he drew his energy from. Even when he was contested about his power by the Sentinel. Alan said that Kyle had a lot of power, but not enough skill. Then came the whole deal with Oblivion, and guess what. We discover, yes, its not just the ring, its Kyle's connection to the parallax energy!

Quasar on panel defeated Anomaly another Cosmic Entity. He defeated deathurge, the champion of Marvel Oblivion, who is a sibling of Eternity.

Quasar on his own erected a shield bubble that held against all members of the Shiar Imperial Guard, which includes even Gladiator.

Quasar also errected a shield against that held off against Earth Hero's including Hulk, Hercules Cyclops, Thing, Wolverine, and Thor. The shield was only broken when Quasar became distracted by Pip the troll and Thanos and Adam WArlcok also attacked the shiled.

Lets not forget that Wendell was also a shield agent before he became Quasar... so he also has knowledge of hand to hand combat.

Please dont' tell me what i'm talking about. I"m not talking about IOn Kyle. I"m talking about Kyle with his ring. Period. You naming all this stuff that quasar did, and it is not showing that he can beat kyle. all it's doing is showing that he is a great character. Quasar has nothing in his arsenal that he could out do kyle with.

rotiart
You still haven't proven me wrong. Kyle at the points and time frames you mention was drawing power from outside of just his ring. He was more powerful than a GL because he had already approached ION status.

B dot Rob
You know he could just throw Kyle in the Quantum Zone and be done with it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You know he could just throw Kyle in the Quantum Zone and be done with it.

And Kyle could just Throw Quasar into the phantom zone and be done with it.

rotiart
The difference between GL Kyle and GL Kyle with Ion Influence, is the same difference as superman sundipped or warrior madness thor.

And if it is Ion level Kyle, then no of course Quasar doesn't defeat that guy.. but it isn't... its GL Kyle. So guess what. Kyle dies. Quasar drags Kyle into the Quantam zone, and drains his ring of its power source, and leaves him to starve to death there.

B dot Rob
And Kyle could just Throw Quasar into the phantom zone and be done with it.

I was unaware that Kyle carried the Phantom Zone projector on him at all times.

rotiart

He got rid of that weakness after becoming ION btw. GL kyle still had that weakness.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You still haven't proven me wrong. Kyle at the points and time frames you mention was drawing power from outside of just his ring. He was more powerful than a GL because he had already approached ION status.

Even at Gl status, He helped to fight angels, a quantum mechanique
(more powerful than anything quasar has faced), he has literally created giant superman, armies of daxamites and gl corps. Quasar is out done here. And just like quasar can channel and absorb and redirect energy, so can kyle. So they would most likely have to battle it out. and Kyle would be too much for quasar. any way, since most people who read marvel think thier marvel heroes can beat any dc hero, i won't bother to argue anymore. Cuz according to some, quasar can stand up to parallax. Kyle has stood up to parallax as a rookie. Quasar's bands just dont' have the versatility that the ring does. the ring can tranmute matter. It can make the wearer into energy or take the wearers enemy and trap them within it forever.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Are you serious? he can just make it. What does he need to carry it for?

rotiart

He doesn't. Neverbeenwithagirl has been reaching for excuses why Kyle would win.

He forgets that after a certain point, it wasn't simply GL kyle anymore. Kyle himself even noticed he didn't have to charge his ring anymore, and couldn't explain it. At least until he found out about Oblivion, the energy within the sun.. and henceforth became Ion. After that he came back, his ring still without the yellow weakness, and left his ring with no need to ever have to recharge.

As for Kyle creating devices... he did so usually with mental implantations from other characters, who directed him as to how to create the devices they needed.

GL Kyle is not Ion Kyle. You keep reaching for that cookie and I'll have to keep slapping your hand! Happy Dance

nvrbeenwthagirl
He doesn't. Neverbeenwithagirl has been reaching for excuses why Kyle would win.

He forgets that after a certain point, it wasn't simply GL kyle anymore. Kyle himself even noticed he didn't have to charge his ring anymore, and couldn't explain it. At least until he found out about Oblivion, the energy within the sun.. and henceforth became Ion. After that he came back, his ring still without the yellow weakness, and left his ring with no need to ever have to recharge.

As for Kyle creating devices... he did so usually with mental implantations from other characters, who directed him as to how to create the devices they needed.

GL Kyle is not Ion Kyle. You keep reaching for that cookie and I'll have to keep slapping your hand! Happy Dance

The rings themselves instruct the wearer.

trademark
gl

rotiart
Even at Gl status, He helped to fight angels, a quantum mechanique
(more powerful than anything quasar has faced), he has literally created giant superman, armies of daxamites and gl corps. Quasar is out done here. And just like quasar can channel and absorb and redirect energy, so can kyle. So they would most likely have to battle it out. and Kyle would be too much for quasar. any way, since most people who read marvel think thier marvel heroes can beat any dc hero, i won't bother to argue anymore. Cuz according to some, quasar can stand up to parallax. Kyle has stood up to parallax as a rookie. Quasar's bands just dont' have the versatility that the ring does. the ring can tranmute matter. It can make the wearer into energy or take the wearers enemy and trap them within it forever.

One character who tried to absorb the energies of Quasar, found out that Quasar was the master of energy absorbtion, and ended up being left drained in exchange.

Mind you quasar has outposts set throughout the entire Universe, that warns him of danger in all sectors, so he can go where he is needed. He even put a lattice over earth to warn him whenever starships enter earth. He has created it so his mind can never be tampered with, by scientific means. If magically he is coerced, a failsafe will eventually be enacted which will restore him to his well being. He himself has managed to defeat a person who had the power to kill Eternity.

And as for "marvel people" thinking dc automatically loses. Kyle is in my top 3 of favorite characters... In fact I was interested in knowing where the story goes with him having come out of Mogo just recently...

I've shown you the weakness of your character.. you just didn't like it. :P Kyle as Ion wins outright, but GL Kyle loses to the seasoned veteran that is Wendell Vahn.

Ultraman Baltan
Great fight. Both have amazing feats, but GL can pretty much counter anything Quasar does.

rotiart
And vice versa.

nvrbeenwthagirl
One character who tried to absorb the energies of Quasar, found out that Quasar was the master of energy absorbtion, and ended up being left drained in exchange.

Mind you quasar has outposts set throughout the entire Universe, that warns him of danger in all sectors, so he can go where he is needed. He even put a lattice over earth to warn him whenever starships enter earth. He has created it so his mind can never be tampered with, by scientific means. If magically he is coerced, a failsafe will eventually be enacted which will restore him to his well being. He himself has managed to defeat a person who had the power to kill Eternity.

And as for "marvel people" thinking dc automatically loses. Kyle is in my top 3 of favorite characters... In fact I was interested in knowing where the story goes with him having come out of Mogo just recently...

I've shown you the weakness of your character.. you just didn't like it. :P Kyle as Ion wins outright, but GL Kyle loses to the seasoned veteran that is Wendell Vahn.

Well considering the JLA has faced many many menances, I'll take kyles experience with them over quasar's any day. Quasar just has not been shown to be the day saving character that gl has. And in my opionion, that is where quasar comes short. Kyle has come thru and saved the day. And when your around the likes of the justice league, that's saying something. I put quasar on a team with thor and surfer. This debate is getting us no where.

rotiart
Even Captain Marvel has been able to attune to the exact energy frequence the GL rings function on and manipulate not only the energies of the rings, but their constructs also! And quasar has been shown to create and absorb any energy he desires. He's even shown he can use his bands to determine what frequence you work on and use it against you as he did against Quantum.

When has Kyle ever done that to another similar energy wielder.

Rookie Wendell defeated a watcher. Seasoned Wendell defeated the plans of a person on par with Eternity.

rotiart
Well considering the JLA has faced many many menances, I'll take kyles experience with them over quasar's any day. Quasar just has not been shown to be the day saving character that gl has. And in my opionion, that is where quasar comes short. Kyle has come thru and saved the day. And when your around the likes of the justice league, that's saying something. I put quasar on a team with thor and surfer. This debate is getting us no where.

And for the majority of his time as a GL he was disrespected as a powerhouse. Even Flash wished they had Hal back as Kyle was basically the black sheep of the team until recent years.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Even Captain Marvel has been able to attune to the exact energy frequence the GL rings function on and manipulate not only the energies of the rings, but their constructs also! And quasar has been shown to create and absorb any energy he desires. He's even shown he can use his bands to determine what frequence you work on and use it against you as he did against Quantum.

When has Kyle ever done that to another similar energy wielder.

Rookie Wendell defeated a watcher. Seasoned Wendell defeated the plans of a person on par with Eternity.

parallax is more powerful than eternity as he can erase all that is and was, and kyle stood up to him. And Just becuz monica was able to match the rings energy, doesn't mean she can use it limitlessly. The rings are powered by oa. and she didn't have a connection to oa. And kyle absorbed the power of a cosmic cube and used it's energies much like the cube. SO they are pretty much stale mated in that area.

nvrbeenwthagirl
And for the majority of his time as a GL he was disrespected as a powerhouse. Even Flash wished they had Hal back as Kyle was basically the black sheep of the team until recent years.

Wally wanted hal back becuz of thier relationship. It has nothing to do with kyle's performance. Kyle did things with his ring that no other gl had ever done. Tell wendell vaughn to beat back some angles. he can't. he controls quantum energy. That is a physical force of nature. The energy of oa is beyond that. It is physical, energy, metaphysical, telepathic, it's anything the wearer needs it to be.

rotiart
parallax is more powerful than eternity as he can erase all that is and was, and kyle stood up to him. And Just becuz monica was able to match the rings energy, doesn't mean she can use it limitlessly. The rings are powered by oa. and she didn't have a connection to oa. And kyle absorbed the power of a cosmic cube and used it's energies much like the cube. SO they are pretty much stale mated in that area.

Well considering that the cube itself is a "wish granting" device... the mere fact that he wanted to recharge his ring from the cube is easily done. The mere fact he was containing energies from the cube... and using the cubes energies itself (note not using his rings energies to create it but the cubes) then yes.. he can hold and maintain the energies of a wish granting device.. because... thats what its there fore.

rotiart

Avengers being the relative similarity to JLA.. We had West Coast Avengers and East Coast Avengers fighting over who got to have Wendell on their team. Thats never happened with any other avenger.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Avengers being the relative similarity to JLA.. We had West Coast Avengers and East Coast Avengers fighting over who got to have Wendell on their team. Thats never happened with any other avenger.

Quasar is good. He still can't do what kyle could do. He just can't. it's not within the character's powers. I'm looking at this objectively. There is no case to be made that he can match a gl ring. And the most powerful ring ever ( since it was the only one made with the last of ganthet's power), wielded by the best if not the 2nd best gl ever. Quasar would give GL hell, but if they both went all out, kyle would have daxamites, super soldiers, battle suits, lasers flying, planet moving giant superman and more pummeling quasar. Quasar just can't match the output of power that kyle can sustain. It's not in his character.

rotiart
Quasar is good. He still can't do what kyle could do. He just can't. it's not within the character's powers. I'm looking at this objectively. There is no case to be made that he can match a gl ring. And the most powerful ring ever ( since it was the only one made with the last of ganthet's power), wielded by the best if not the 2nd best gl ever. Quasar would give GL hell, but if they both went all out, kyle would have daxamites, super soldiers, battle suits, lasers flying, planet moving giant superman and more pummeling quasar. Quasar just can't match the output of power that kyle can sustain. It's not in his character.

Nope, he'd just sit inside of a dome that Kyle would never be able to penetrate... all the while siphoning energy out of the ring to power the barrier itself...

:P Or He could seal Kyle in a bubble and drain the energy that way.

Kyle's never faced a power manipulator like Quasar before.
Kyle as GL protected only Earth.
Quasar has always watched over all of the Universe.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Nope, he'd just sit inside of a dome that Kyle would never be able to penetrate... all the while siphoning energy out of the ring to power the barrier itself...

Kyle as a gl has protected the earth and has been around the universe fighting menances. Kyle has also protected the earth from beings who could destroy time, the universe, existance. yada yada. But i'm over this thread. I made a good thread with a gl who has more experience so that experience could not be a crutch used against him. You can either meet me there or coninute to use wendell's "experience" has his way to win. cuz obviously he lacks, the power and versatility of kyle. We all know that.

Soleran

Yup thousands of GL's setup across the Univers to do what Quasar does, amazing!

When are you going to understand that Kyle's constructs are made of energy and are of no consequence to Quasar who can just wisk them into the quantum zone........................why do we have to say this 10 times in a row to be ingnored, I don't know.

Qausar has survived full phoenix blasts no problem diverting the energy, did you read that here once again, PHOENIX, lol.

rotiart
Your "good thread" that you said you only made because the DC side would win in your opinion 9/10.

At least when I make a thread I never believe it to be more than 6/10... I try to keep the battles close. Fanboys like you make me sick.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yup thousands of GL's setup across the Univers to do what Quasar does, amazing!

When are you going to understand that Kyle's constructs are made of energy and are of no consequence to Quasar who can just wisk them into the quantum zone........................why do we have to say this 10 times in a row to be ingnored, I don't know.

ANd kyle could turn wendell into energy and suck him into his ring for ever and be done with it. why do i have to say this ten times and be ignored. Wendell is not as powerful or versatile as kyle.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Your "good thread" that you said you only made because the DC side would win in your opinion 9/10.

At least when I make a thread I never believe it to be more than 6/10... I try to keep the battles close. Fanboys like you make me sick.

Well go throw up. And get over it. I'm not anymore of a fan boy than anyone else. Cuz i've argued many times for marvel heroes who i think can really win. do you need a bag?

Soleran
Well go throw up. And get over it. I'm not anymore of a fan boy than anyone else. Cuz i've argued many times for marvel heroes who i think can really win. do you need a bag?

No but you need some tissues because you keep crying, lol.

You just have a tough time swallowing this since Quasar would pull a majority of wins, its no biggie though Quasar is good.

nvrbeenwthagirl

You just have a tough time swallowing this since Quasar would pull a majority of wins, its no biggie though Quasar is good.

He's more than good. If i were writing the avengers, he would be one of my first choices for the perfect avengers. he just lacks the power and versatility that kyle does. He can't do everything kyle can do. but kyle can do every thing quasar can do. that is what makes kyle just a tad better than quasar.

rotiart

Agreed!

But by no means do I think this is a curbstomp. 6-6.5 out of 10.

Because Kyle does have the means to put down Quasar before Quasar can attune to the Oan energies.

Soleran
He's more than good. If i were writing the avengers, he would be one of my first choices for the perfect avengers. he just lacks the power and versatility that kyle does. He can't do everything kyle can do. but kyle can do every thing quasar can do. that is what makes kyle just a tad better than quasar.

Being diverse unfortunetly doesn't make you better just depending on the opponent. In this case Quasar fights someone who's entire power is based off of a manipulated power source (Oan Energy), that means Quasar has the leg up due to that fact alone.

If you were to match Kyle and Qausar up against different opponents and look to rank them on how they might do then Kyle might pull a lead due to his diversity of powers however thats also his weakness when facing Quasar.

Mr Master
Quasar is good. He still can't do what kyle could do. He just can't. it's not within the character's powers.

Your not too familiar with Quasar's abilities are you.

Quasar can EASILY absorb GL's power and use it against him.

Here's a small example of what I'm talking about:

Quasar defeats Phoenix Avatar (Rachel Summers) and Mordred at the same time
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4761/qabsorbsia6.th.jpg
Quasar absorbs Phoenix's power and uses it against Mordred, Phoenix actually nearly fainted from the amount of energy Quasar stole from her.

Wish I had time to pump more Quasar feats, but I have to go soon.

Tomorrow I'll open your eyes.

rotiart
Quasar wins... smile

batdude123
Yeah, and Kyle contained a big bang explosion. Should he get a cookie? Kyle ftw.

Accel
This is a fight I'd like to see. Could go either way.

Maestro
Quaser hasn't actually shown a limit on how much he can absorb and do, and if i'm correct doesn't the ring need to recharge after a while, I don't see why he can't stalemate him for all that time.

batdude123
Originally posted by Maestro
Quaser hasn't actually shown a limit on how much he can absorb and do, and if i'm correct doesn't the ring need to recharge after a while, I don't see why he can't stalemate him for all that time.

Kyle's ring is the only one that doesn't need recharging. smile

rotiart
Post Ion only...

The true "green lantern" had a limited supply of energy.

batdude123
Post Ion only...

The true "green lantern" had a limited supply of energy.

What's that have to do with anything? Kyle's ring didn't need recharging since the last time he was a Green Lantern. 'Nuff said.

rotiart
Cause he's not really a green lantern anymore since the whole Ion thing. He's been Ion-lite, the entire time, since his powers are more than any Green Lanterns. You'd have to take away the Starheart and give him a regular ring for it to be him as a green lantern. He has unlimited access to the battery. He is at last showing, unlike any other green lantern. Hence Ion. He was empowered by energies other than his own battery... even Hal is now only powered by the ring with a battery like everyone else.

Avalonofthewind
Kyle wins.

Quasar is an excellent energy manipulator, so is Kyle, especially post Ion.

Unfortunately for Quasar, Kyle's ring is about a 100 times more versatile.

rotiart
Except that post Ion, you can't really consider Kyle a GL anymore. Hes either Ion or Ion-lite... he doesn't follow the rules.. powersets of any other GL anymore. In fact he does things that other GLs can't do... which means.. he's not really a GL.

Blair Wind
Except that post Ion, you can't really consider Kyle a GL anymore. Hes either Ion or Ion-lite... he doesn't follow the rules.. powersets of any other GL anymore. In fact he does things that other GLs can't do... which means.. he's not really a GL.

Who gives a shit? They said GL KYLE....who gives a crap if hes "ion-lite" in your opinion or not? Its who he is, so it happens. He wins. Thanks for your time no expression

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Who gives a shit? They said GL KYLE....who gives a crap if hes "ion-lite" in your opinion or not? Its who he is, so it happens. He wins. Thanks for your time no expression

NO need to be rude about it but yeah, basically ur right, cuz anything that is said that can prove that he can win, will be considered ion lite.

Avalonofthewind

Ok, that just says that Kyle is powerful. Even in GL mode.

He was GL for quite a while "between" Ion phases.

rotiart
Thats still not "GL" he was still drawing from and having more power than any other GL. He gave his ring more power, and the ability to never have to recharge between his Ion phases. I don't consider that guy as GL either. He doesn't have the restrictions of other GLs.

Blair Wind
Your opinion, or what you consider him to be are not important in this fight. He is CALLED a Green Lantern, he was put into this fight by name. We can go off HIS powerlevels even if to YOU they seem to high. However, and Im being frank, I dont care if you dont think they should be used in this fight. Its being used, because thats who he IS. Period point blank.

Avalonofthewind
Thats still not "GL" he was still drawing from and having more power than any other GL. He gave his ring more power, and the ability to never have to recharge between his Ion phases. I don't consider that guy as GL either. He doesn't have the restrictions of other GLs.

Doesn't matter what you think. He's was still a GL.

That he was the most "powerful" GL is a debate that should be kept outside of this thread.

rotiart
The difference between GL Kyle and GL Kyle with Ion Influence, is the same difference as superman sundipped or warrior madness thor.

And if it is Ion level Kyle, then no of course Quasar doesn't defeat that guy.. but it isn't... its GL Kyle. So guess what. Kyle dies. Quasar drags Kyle into the Quantam zone, and drains his ring of its power source, and leaves him to starve to death there.

Before you harp on my case. I said a long time ago my stance on the differences between the GL Kyle and Kyle since his Ion upgrade...

If its Kyle with upgrade, quasar doesn't stand a chance.

If its regular GL Kyle, Quasar does.

Thats the whole point of why I'm arguing the way I am. Cause "Ion" would just rewrite reality.

Still if you're just arguing about a GL Kyle with no yellow impurity, and unlimited access to energy... Quasar can still tap into the Oan energy that is kyles... and siphon it off. And use that energy against Kyle like he did against Surfer and Quantum. To say it can't be done. Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau) has already done it to Kyle. And Kyle tends to do all of his displays of power by creating constructs to do it for him. Quasar could counter. As for Kyle creating dozens of constructs... Quasar as an unknown quantity of energy constructs throughout the breadth of the entire universe to aid him as protector of the universe. He has monitoring stations also and energy lattices. He is by no small means a weak opponent. And could possibly beat even your definition of what a GL is.

rotiart

Have I been giving the impression that I'm insulting to others? That I'm being rude? If I did in earlier posts I'm sorry. If I didn't, then why do it to me, I'm just giving my impressions of the fight.

Blair Wind
Kyle creates 6 independent and truly alive constructs (Firestorm couldnt transmute them becuase they really were alive) and all with GL rings they kick his butt erm

*AND one of them could ALSO control the speedforce, and one was a daxamite (>superman level)

Blair Wind
Have I been giving the impression that I'm insulting to others? That I'm being rude? If I did in earlier posts I'm sorry. If I didn't, then why do it to me, I'm just giving my impressions of the fight.

Ive been here long enough that people know Im not a rude person.....Not in the best of moods, so if Im coming off strong.....sorry erm

batdude123
Kyle creates 6 independent and truly alive constructs (Firestorm couldnt transmute them becuase they really were alive) and all with GL rings they kick his butt erm

*AND one of them could ALSO control the speedforce, and one was a daxamite (>superman level)

Superman has defeated every Daxamite he's encountered. no expression Don't start that. thumb up

rotiart

See... sigh.. this is what I mean. All of those "recent" events.. are due to the fact that he wasn't using his GL ring, but rather the energy that was released by Parallax. Its not even his own energy, but something else altogether, its the equivalent of a superman sundipped...

Blair Wind
Originally posted by batdude123
Superman has defeated every Daxamite he's encountered. no expression Don't start that. thumb up

blah blah blah....its the S sheild, its always been stated that they > him....erm

nvrbeenwthagirl

That's not true, he got owned when he was bouncing thru time. I can't remember the story. i got it somewhere. he went and met the legion and the daxamit bad guy owned him so easily. Superman can't beat daxamites. He's not supposed to. Daxamites were an advnaced race of krytonians who left and for some reason, the planet they moved to, gave them even stronger genetic structure. at least that is what is official dc editorials say.

rotiart
Ive been here long enough that people know Im not a rude person.....Not in the best of moods, so if Im coming off strong.....sorry erm

For a second I thought you had me confused with a certain Rhino or something...

And I know what you mean about moods. I spent 7 hours at work.. now when I get off in an hour, I have to take my girl out to a lakeside for an astronomy class, which is an hour drive there... then back... I plan to leave at 7 and not come home til midnight... mind you I'm not even in that class sad

I wonder if i can get my hands on some crackerjacks for the drive.

batdude123
blah blah blah....its the S sheild, its always been stated that they > him....erm

They can't possibly be above Rao incarnated. shifty stick out tongue

And Superman has the top tier wacky feats. thumb up Superman>Daxamite in terms of feats. no expression EAT IT, BLAIR!

Avalonofthewind
Before you harp on my case. I said a long time ago my stance on the differences between the GL Kyle and Kyle since his Ion upgrade...

Thats the whole point of why I'm arguing the way I am. Cause "Ion" would just rewrite reality.

Still if you're just arguing about a GL Kyle with no yellow impurity, and unlimited access to energy... Quasar can still tap into the Oan energy that is kyles... and siphon it off. And use that energy against Kyle like he did against Surfer and Quantum. To say it can't be done. Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau) has already done it to Kyle. And Kyle tends to do all of his displays of power by creating constructs to do it for him. Quasar could counter. As for Kyle creating dozens of constructs... Quasar as an unknown quantity of energy constructs throughout the breadth of the entire universe to aid him as protector of the universe. He has monitoring stations also and energy lattices. He is by no small means a weak opponent. And could possibly beat even your definition of what a GL is.

Kyle has never had the yellow impurity, and he's always had pretty much unlimited access to GL energy.

This was long before he became Ion.

batdude123
That's not true, he got owned when he was bouncing thru time. I can't remember the story. i got it somewhere. he went and met the legion and the daxamit bad guy owned him so easily. Superman can't beat daxamites. He's not supposed to. Daxamites were an advnaced race of krytonians who left and for some reason, the planet they moved to, gave them even stronger genetic structure. at least that is what is official dc editorials say.

Yeah, one time. He's owned Daxamites before.

rotiart

Even darkseid loses to the S shield... eer

Avalonofthewind
See... sigh.. this is what I mean. All of those "recent" events.. are due to the fact that he wasn't using his GL ring, but rather the energy that was released by Parallax. Its not even his own energy, but something else altogether, its the equivalent of a superman sundipped...

What are you talking about? He's been using his ring until recently when he became a completely different Ion.

rotiart
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Kyle has never had the yellow impurity, and he's always had pretty much unlimited access to GL energy.

This was long before he became Ion.

I know he hasn't ever had the yellow impurity, last ring of Ganthets etc.
But when Kyle noticed he had to charge his battery less and less, he didn't know what to attribute it to. Later when the whole Oblivion thing happened it made sense. In those times leading to his "upgrade" he had actually been siphoning off energy from the sun that Parallax had ignited.

Thats why I'm saying it isn't exactly the easiest way to judge this fight... cause Quasar isn't going to have showings where he had an extra powersource.

In fact I'll just make a Kyle vs Hal Thread.

rotiart
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
What are you talking about? He's been using his ring until recently when he became a completely different Ion.

Apparent upgrade in power usage.. less times having to recharge... creating "living" creatures.. ie.. his dark self.. that did not have color.

Showing that it took an exorbitant amount of more power to creature creatures with other colors was possible but required a lot more power.. which was actually correlated during the oblivion saga to the parallax energy. Everything since the sun being reignited... shows that in the Oblivion saga, that Kyle was drawing increasing amounts of energy from the sun.

batdude123
In fact I'll just make a Kyle vs Hal Thread.

DON'T. I already made that thread. no expression

rotiart
Too late.

Avalonofthewind
Apparent upgrade in power usage.. less times having to recharge... creating "living" creatures.. ie.. his dark self.. that did not have color.

Showing that it took an exorbitant amount of more power to creature creatures with other colors was possible but required a lot more power.. which was actually correlated during the oblivion saga to the parallax energy. Everything since the sun being reignited... shows that in the Oblivion saga, that Kyle was drawing increasing amounts of energy from the sun.

That has nothing to do with after he became Ion and then gave up the power.

rotiart
I don't think my point is coming across. So I'll give it up.

Btw. did a search for Hal Jordan and Quasar... didn't find a thread...

Oh well.. if there is one they'll close mine.

batdude123

In your quote, you said you'd make a Hal Jordan vs. Kyle Rayner. That's the thread I made. no expression

Validus

Actually, they have done different colors before that. Just that green is obviously easiest but technically they could make themselves Blue Lantern or whatever.

Tron
DON'T. I already made that thread. no expression

There was already one before either of yours:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=383907& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Hal+Jordan+vs+Kyle+Raynor
%29+forumid%3A77

batdude123
Originally posted by Tron
There was already one before either of yours:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=383907& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Hal+Jordan+vs+Kyle+Raynor
%29+forumid%3A77

More people replied to mine. stick out tongue

Avalonofthewind
Kyle wins.

Case Closed.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f345/courtrecords2/animations/ani-judge-gavel.gif

batdude123
laughing out loud

Acrosurge

Still if you're just arguing about a GL Kyle with no yellow impurity, and unlimited access to energy... Quasar can still tap into the Oan energy that is kyles... and siphon it off. And use that energy against Kyle like he did against Surfer and Quantum. To say it can't be done. Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau) has already done it to Kyle. And Kyle tends to do all of his displays of power by creating constructs to do it for him. Quasar could counter. As for Kyle creating dozens of constructs... Quasar as an unknown quantity of energy constructs throughout the breadth of the entire universe to aid him as protector of the universe. He has monitoring stations also and energy lattices. He is by no small means a weak opponent. And could possibly beat even your definition of what a GL is. I pretty much co-sign with all of this. Up to and including his latest showings in Annihilation, Quasar can do everything a good GL can do, and not only has access to unlimited resources (Quantum Zone), but he doesn't need to maintain will-power to manipulate energy or create constructs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.