pocahontas(John Smith's compass=Jack Sparrow's compass)?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sccch
In 'Pocahontas',the racoon gives her the compass and it points towards her dream...John Smith.

In 'Pirates',Liz has the compass and it points towards Jack.

Anybody else notice this?

katelovespirate
heehee, yes!!! smile i support this thread. i totally love that connection. hahaha.

there are a TON of references to other disney films in this series...

sccch
I was just watching that clip from Pocahontas and I said 'THAT HAPPENS IN PIRATES!! I HAVE TO TELL EVERYONE!!' So...I did.

CaptinJackLover
hahha well very good observation! Do you think Disney did this on purpose. or was it just a coincidence?

sccch
Maybe it was a coincidence.

CaptinJackLover
Yeah i think it is. If it was on purpose then there would probably be ALOT more things related to other Disney movies.

sccch
Ye never know...there could be others out there.

LovelyOne
I hate that movie laughing out loud

sccch
dots

CaptinJackLover
I love that movie! but i just love ALL disney movies......they bring back memories from when i was rele little

LovelyOne
The lion King totally rules big grin

CaptinJackLover
DUH! its only like one of the best disney movies out there!

evilm0nki3
Aladdin is my fav disney animated movie

sailorleo
little mermaid WOOT!

diddly-dum
Originally posted by LovelyOne
The lion King totally rules big grin

I've got lovely bunch of coconuts*diddly-dee* All standing in a row*bumbumbum*Big ones small ones,.. some as big as your head,...
I had to post that!! rolling on floor laughing

sccch
Uhhhh.I didn't actually want this to get off topic...'cause I knew it would...

diddly-dum
Its from the Lion King!!!! Plus,... you do have a point with the compass,... and the raccoon is Meko.

sailorleo
sorry...um woo...compass....ain't it funny

diddly-dum
??* my with a clueless face*

sccch
..I was wondering what was the racoons name...haven't seen it for YEARS!!!

This song reminds me of Liz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZFy8vwd0Kg

sailorleo
meeko

diddly-dum
sorry,... meant that!

katelovespirate
aladdin is HOTT.

and Captain Hook from the 2003 live-action Peter Pan comes in 2nd on my list of hottest pirates.

diddly-dum
kate,.. you are crazy! But Aladdin was hot,.... sccch you are right!

sccch
What am I right about??

diddly-dum
the song!

sccch
Oh,yeah...It's like Liz trying to decide about if she should go with Will(Steady) or Jack (Wild).

diddly-dum
Putting it that way,... In Pochahantess(SP?) she goes with wild,.. Hmmm I wonder,....

sailorleo
actually....kokukum = norrington...smith = will and crap....the guy she acually marries...it's john something...cripes.....any who that = jack

diddly-dum
smith is john,.. John Smith exactly

sailorleo
no...there's another guy besides john smith....the one she actually marry's.....it's john something...gah...i know that in the second movie he was played by billy zane....

diddly-dum
OOOHHHH the second movie,.. It was John Ralf,.. I think,.. and she married him?? I'd go with Smith!

sailorleo
yeah that sounds right....well there's only so much disney can do to change actual history

diddly-dum
??? All I know is that Pochahontess(SP?) Christian/ English name is Rebecca,. My name!!!

sailorleo
ja....well you know more than some...most i don't know...but that's a good piece of trivia right there

diddly-dum
lol

sccch
So,with these little bits of info,the question is Lizz=Jack? or Will?

(Goes off to look for more clues from other movies)

diddly-dum
lol,.. well,.. i can't look tonight,.. i'm going to the irvine spectrum,..

willofthewisp
I thought John Rolf was a pansy when I saw it, so I would have compared him to Will.
Of course, real life is another story, but John Smith in the Disney version has Jack's spirit.

diddly-dum
ya!

willofthewisp
But seriously, John Smith compared to the Beast. He was my guy

sccch
Soooooooo......did I make a good observasion?

lovethemtigers
My favorite animated Disney movie is "Beauty and The Beast"....it is full of great music and a great plot and wonderful characters....just love it.

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by diddly-dum
OOOHHHH the second movie,.. It was John Ralf,.. I think,.. and she married him?? I'd go with Smith!

She sails off with John Rolfe back to America....she finds John Smith. Rolfe thinks she'll go back to her first love, John Smith...but she and John Smith realize they have grown in different directions and she realizes she really loves John Rolfe....so see....Disney movies can have their lead ladies end up with someone other than their first love....so...all those who think it has to be Will cuz it's a Disney movie...well, not necessarily....

lovethemtigers
I know they couldn't change history...but come one it was an animated movie...they could have just had her stay with John Smith...but I do agree that he is more like Jack...John Rolfe was more boring like Will.

diddly-dum
Originally posted by sccch
Soooooooo......did I make a good observasion?

yes you did!

willofthewisp
"I know they couldn't change history...but come one it was an animated movie...they could have just had her stay with John Smith...but I do agree that he is more like Jack...John Rolfe was more boring like Will."-----Lovethemtigers

They changed history all the time in Pocahontas. Her biography says she was only about 12, 14 at the most, when 27 year old John Smith came to the village and she was probably not the daughter of the chief but a priestess in training and any of the priestesses could have chosen to save Smith, but it was Pocahontas who chose to and because it was her, they put him in her care and that's how he picked up the language.
They were never romantically linked (at least not according to anything historians have found yet). When he went back to England, tension escalated between the settlers and the tribe and Pocahontas was taken hostage where she either voluntarily or was forced into changing her name to Rebecca and being baptized into the Christian faith. John Rolf was huge in the tobacco business and when he married Pocahontas, they were mega-rich landowners that supplied England with tobacco. She went to England and found Smith alive, but she was already married and on the way back to America, she died of mysterious causes.

sccch
Think Liz as Pocahontas in this vid. Especially watch it around the 2 minute mark!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysiBfvIqW2I

CaptinJackLover
yeah! that compass thing was a very good observation!

diddly-dum
Originally posted by willofthewisp
But seriously, John Smith compared to the Beast. He was my guy
glad to say when I saw Beauty and the Beast at the Redlands Bowl,.. I know who played the beast,.. nice guy in fact!

willofthewisp
Yeah, for some strange reason, he beat out all the human Disney guys imo. I kind of thought Phoebus from The Hunchback of Notre Dame was cool, and I thought John Smith was great too, but it's the Beast guys. Watch the movie and tell me you don't want him.

Chiki Mina
ok someone please refresh my mind of pocahontas compass watever it is. ive only seen the movie once

sccch
Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysiBfvIqW2I
Watch around the 2 minute mark.

willofthewisp
Meeko (Pocahontas' raccoon friend) steals John Smith's compass and he tells her it "finds your way when you get lost." She has a dream throughout the movie she can't figure out where she sees an arrow and it spins, but she wakes up before she knows what it was pointing to. The compass eventually points her in the direction she needs to run to get to John Smith in time before her dad kills him, so the compass is pointing to who she wants.

sccch
Just like in PotC DMC.

jessigem
i love Pocahontas. i remember when i was like 6 or 7 and i was obsessed with the movie.....
anyways, about all this changing history stuff.....you know how pocahontas has the best hair out of all the disney movie princesses/girls(i think so)?
according to my social studies book from about 3 yrs ago, pochahontas wasn't only VERY young, but she was also bald.sad

sccch

jessigem
what?

sccch
Bald?

jessigem
yeah. in 6th or 7th grade i learned that.
the book said she was a young girl, about age ten, who was bald and not as beautiful as the movie made her out to be.
well, the book didnt say anything about the movie, but they didnt say she was pretty, so i added the movie part.

Chiki Mina
blink

diddly-dum
,... no comment

Chiki Mina
SOOO.....yea no comment...lalala

diddly-dum
???

Chiki Mina
confused im just amking faces im so tired...im taking a break from studying uhg

Chiki Mina
making** damn my typos!

diddly-dum
???????

Chiki Mina
!!!!

diddly-dum
-_-

Chiki Mina
0.o

diddly-dum
*logs off computer and smacks head on wall. Comes bck and logs on*
What I miss?

Chiki Mina

diddly-dum
Originally posted by diddly-dum
*logs off computer and smacks head on wall. Comes back and logs on*
What I miss?

Pirates= Love
also in the fist poct movie jack said his name was smith

sccch
I forgot about that!

willofthewisp
And Jack is sometimes a nickname for John, so is his birthname John Smith? That would be a little too weird.

sailorleo
i think that's stretching it

willofthewisp
lol, had to have a little fun.

ivebeendepped43
yeah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.