Beta Ray Bill vs. Orion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JOE NUNEZ
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

B dot Rob
I'm going with Orion 9/10. It's closer then the win ratio suggests though.....

Horrificus
BRB is a more dangerous opponent that Thor. Nobody like ssaying that, but it is true.
BRB was able to beat Thor BEFORE he even got his own magic hammer and Thor-like powers.
BRB takes Orion.

General Kon-El
Orion 6/10

juggernaut66666
Orion with astro force takes this

Zack M
Orion 6/10.

nwg202
Orion due to Mother box + Astro force

Blue Area Vet
Bill due to Stormbreaker, and Orion is pretty much a herald jobber.

abhilegend
Orion smash.

Delta1938
Originally posted by abhilegend
Orion smash.

thumb up

leonidas
i'm surprised at the results here. the hammer could easily block or absorb the AF. strength, skill are basically equal. MB would be some help, but rarely plays a direct hand in his 1 on 1 battles. i'd lean towards bill here, like i would thor, in a very close match. maybe 5.5/10 for bill.

DarkSaint85
I take Bill. Orion has an MB, but Stormbreaker is used better.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I take Bill. Orion has an MB, but Stormbreaker is used better.

Martian_mind
Going to side with Bill. This is one of those fights that would be epic to see if it was well-written, however, with either being capable of taking the win.

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
i'm surprised at the results here. the hammer could easily block or absorb the AF. strength, skill are basically equal. MB would be some help, but rarely plays a direct hand in his 1 on 1 battles. i'd lean towards bill here, like i would thor, in a very close match. maybe 5.5/10 for bill.
Orion is stronger. I don't see Bill going h2h with Superman or Darkseid like Orion does.

Galan007
Meh, Orion's lost more of his battles with Supes than he's won... He's close to Superman's level, but not quite there.

That said, he and Bill should be ~ in terms of strength.

DarkSaint85
Orion is stronger. I don't see Bill going h2h with Superman or Darkseid like Orion does.

Aren't you the one who always talks about how Orion has never won against Supes?

Darkseid, I kinda ignore, if only because of the whole 'fated to kill him' thing. Like Drax and Thanos.

Blue Area Vet

Orion is tied to Darkseid. Bill is tied to Thor. Both go toe to toe with their respective parties. Bill has Stormbreaker and could well absorb the Astroforce.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Galan007
Meh, Orion's lost more of his battles with Supes than he's won... He's close to Superman's level, but not quite there.

That said, he and Bill should be ~ in terms of strength.
Orion has never lost a fight with Superman in h2h AFAIK. The way he was the only leaguer to even be able to stand up to sunamped Superman in KOTW when it took Diana, J'onn, Superboy, Supergirl, Steel and Barda to momentarily restrain him, I can't see Bill ever doing that against Superman.

Yes, Superman is stronger but then he is stronger than pretty much every Herald level being. There is a huge gap between Superman and Thor/BRB in strength. Orion is in between.

abhilegend
Aren't you the one who always talks about how Orion has never won against Supes?

Darkseid, I kinda ignore, if only because of the whole 'fated to kill him' thing. Like Drax and Thanos.
Yeah, he never won. But he never lost either.

Drax actually weakens Thanos. Orion doesn't. Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Orion is tied to Darkseid. Bill is tied to Thor. Both go toe to toe with their respective parties. Bill has Stormbreaker and could well absorb the Astroforce.
Darkseid will probably manhandle Thor/Bill together in h2h.

DarkSaint85
So IYO, Orion = Superman in strength/durability, as he has never won nor has he ever lost?

I mean, if Superman> Orion, then he should beat him, no?

Galan007
http://i.makeagif.com/media/8-19-2015/D8sxR1.gif

DarkSaint85
thumb up

leonidas
laughing out loud

abhilegend
So IYO, Orion = Superman in strength/durability, as he has never won nor has he ever lost?

Orion is skilled enough to bridge the gap between strength. That's why he can fight Darkseid to equal terms when Darkseid is strong enough to manhandle him with one hand on several occasions.

He is the Dog of War after all.

Blue Area Vet
Orion is skilled enough to bridge the gap between strength. That's why he can fight Darkseid to equal terms when Darkseid is strong enough to manhandle him with one hand on several occasions.

He is the Dog of War after all.

That doesn't make any sense. He's a brawler.

Blue Area Vet
Orion has never lost a fight with Superman in h2h AFAIK. The way he was the only leaguer to even be able to stand up to sunamped Superman in KOTW when it took Diana, J'onn, Superboy, Supergirl, Steel and Barda to momentarily restrain him, I can't see Bill ever doing that against Superman.

Yes, Superman is stronger but then he is stronger than pretty much every Herald level being. There is a huge gap between Superman and Thor/BRB in strength. Orion is in between.

laughing out loud Do tell.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
laughing out loud

He is the God of War. In literal words. When he died in Final Crisis characters actually forgot how to fight.

Blue Area Vet
Yeah, he never won. But he never lost either.

Drax actually weakens Thanos. Orion doesn't.
Darkseid will probably manhandle Thor/Bill together in h2h.

How does Drax "weaken" Thanos and what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? If you are talking about the special ability to kills Thanos that surfaced in Annihilation, that is clearly a result of him being specifically created to kill Thanos.

carver9
thumb up

Need your help with something.

Zack M
laughing out loud

He is the God of War. In literal words. When he died in Final Crisis characters actually forgot how to fight.

Abhi, what do you make of this?

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Countdown2p11.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Countdown2p12.jpg
Orion doing that to the JLA?

Astro Force>Stormbreaker

DarkSaint85
What I make of that, is that Orion talks too much in battle.

And yes, the astro-force is potent. But Orion doesn't use it half as much as he should do - he just blasts, and screams, and punches.

Is BRB still a cyborg? Can the MB take him over?

Blue Area Vet
laughing out loud

So is Ares. How much respect does the get as far as combat skills?

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Zack M
Abhi, what do you make of this?

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Countdown2p11.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Countdown2p12.jpg
Orion doing that to the JLA?

Astro Force>Stormbreaker

Stormbreaker would absorb all that.

celeyhyga17
There is a huge gap between Superman and Thor/BRB in strength. Orion is in between.
hysterical

abhilegend
How does Drax "weaken" Thanos and what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? If you are talking about the special ability to kills Thanos that surfaced in Annihilation, that is clearly a result of him being specifically created to kill Thanos.
Are you having some sort of seizure? Drax was specifically stated to be the silver bullet to Thanos. Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Ares is God of War of a specific pantheon. Orion is not.Originally posted by celeyhyga17
hysterical
Oh look who is here.

Are you again making excuses for Thor for twenty pages? Not interested.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
hysterical

Honestly, that is one of the funniest posts I've seen in a while. The world according to Abs.

abhilegend
And in comics too. Remember the time Superman caught Thor's strike and knocked him the **** out?

Yeah, that's only being a little bit stronger. Try catching the hammer strike from a five year kid and see how that goes.

laughing out loud

Blue Area Vet
Are you having some sort of seizure? Drax was specifically stated to be the silver bullet to Thanos.

That's what I just said, dumb ass. It's not a measure of Drax's overall power, it's a showing of a specific power which is completely irrelevant to the debate.

Ares is God of War of a specific pantheon. Orion is not.

Um, yeah, so what?

Oh look who is here.

Are you again making excuses for Thor for twenty pages? Not interested.

abhilegend
So you are having a seizure after all.

Blue Area Vet
And in comics too. Remember the time Superman caught Thor's strike and knocked him the **** out?

Yeah, that's only being a little bit stronger. Try catching the hammer strike from a five year kid and see how that goes.

laughing out loud

LMAO, are you having a meltdown? How many times have the mods said not to bring that crossover up in the discussion? But since you did, remember when Superman had an orgasm when he held Mjolnir? And remember what Thor said about Superman's measure in the same series by the same writer?

http://memes.doublie.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Concussion-Featured-Image.gif

abhilegend
Yeah, Thor messaging his own ego is some sort of proof.

"I will get him next time. I will."

laughing out loud

We are talking about strength, not mjolnir's power.

Blue Area Vet
Yeah, Thor messaging his own ego is some sort of proof.

"I will get him next time. I will."

laughing out loud

We are talking about strength, not mjolnir's power.

Prove he was messaging his own ego. What's next, Superman saying Thor was his toughest opponent ever was "hyperbole?" Last I checked, Thor didn't bring out one tenth of the amount of whoopass he's capable of in that fight. Was it even raining? laughing out loud You saw the respect Thor got when his people dropped what they were doing to being the living **** out of Superman, prison style. Remember gay ass Aquaman had to save him?

abhilegend
Prove a negative?

laughing out loud

Your butthhurt is noted. Thor lost to Superman. Deal with it.

quanchi112
Thor held back. Thor also didn't do well against Gladiator but after he quit holding back he easily downed him.

Zack M
What I make of that, is that Orion talks too much in battle.

And yes, the astro-force is potent. But Orion doesn't use it half as much as he should do - he just blasts, and screams, and punches.

Is BRB still a cyborg? Can the MB take him over?

Yes, he holds back a lot. He even said this in his battle with Superman, IIRC. Astro Force can also absorb energy and redirect it. Orion's feat of absorbing the bomb (forgot the name) that was meant to destroy the universe is above anything Bill has done.

Blue Area Vet
Prove a negative?

laughing out loud

Your butthhurt is noted. Thor lost to Superman. Deal with it.

No, prove that Thor was making that comment only to message his ego and not because he felt he had a gauge on Superman's power level. I'll wait while you come up with your next deflection.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor held back. Thor also didn't do well against Gladiator but after he quit holding back he easily downed him.

He didn't even use any magical/exotic attacks, yet Superman used his one form of EP. And the author immediately went to D.C. afterward.

quanchi112
He didn't even use any magical/exotic attacks, yet Superman used his one form of EP. And the author immediately went to D.C. afterward. Busiek the writer even admitted on his own site the fight could have gone either way so it's as close as it gets.

Insane Titan
Are you having some sort of seizure? Drax was specifically stated to be the silver bullet to Thanos. lmao at you using this as a example. When other posters have said this you've basically said its bullshit.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Insane Titan
lmao at you using this as a example. When other posters have said this you've basically said its bullshit.

Yup! He's also negating his own point, but whatever. Can't spoon feed a grown girly man.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by quanchi112
Busiek the writer even admitted on his own site the fight could have gone either way so it's as close as it gets.

Correct, but per the Abby rules, he is likely to dismiss this as "hyperbole." The clear gist of the scene was that Superman surprised Thor with his power and in that surprised, landed a K.O. Thor later said things would go differently in a rematch now that he has a handle on Superman's power. That's what the hell happened regardless of all Abby's unsightly gyrations.

Insane Titan
Yup! He's also negating his own point, but whatever. Can't spoon feed a grown girly man. laughing out loud True

Zack M

Orion DID blast Superman with Astro Force in Superman Confidential. Knocked him out temporarily, too. Orion was even holding back.

http://i63.tinypic.com/bgv9yp.jpg

Blue Area Vet
Orion DID blast Superman with Astro Force in Superman Confidential. Knocked him out temporarily, too. Orion was even holding back.

http://i63.tinypic.com/bgv9yp.jpg

Damn, knocked OUT COLD by EP? Let's see, it wasn't a sucker punch, doesn't appear to have been "weakened"...I'm going with Abby excuse C, the writer hates Superman.

quanchi112
Orion has Superman's number.

Zack M
Superman and Orion fought in DOTNG as well. Metron stated they were about equal.

abhilegend
No, prove that Thor was making that comment only to message his ego and not because he felt he had a gauge on Superman's power level. I'll wait while you come up with your next deflection.
Did he do anything at that point? Because he has said the same to Demon Druid and Demon Druid again oneshotted him as before.Originally posted by Insane Titan
lmao at you using this as a example. When other posters have said this you've basically said its bullshit.
When did I ever used Drax killing Thanos as an evidence you idiot?

abhilegend
Damn, knocked OUT COLD by EP? Let's see, it wasn't a sucker punch, doesn't appear to have been "weakened"...I'm going with Abby excuse C, the writer hates Superman.
It was a young Superman and it was flat out stated that Orion surprised him with the power.

Later he withstood the entire power of Omega Sanction without being koed.

Even a young Superman>>>Surfer who was KTFO by a single blast of Omega Beams.

Blue Area Vet
Did he do anything at that point? Because he has said the same to Demon Druid and Demon Druid again oneshotted him as before.
When did I ever used Drax killing Thanos as an evidence you idiot?

WHAT?? What the hell are you talking about? What ever you just referenced has nothing to do with the Busiek story. WEAK.

abhilegend
WHAT?? What the hell are you talking about? What ever you just referenced has nothing to do with the Busiek story. WEAK.
Yes, Busiek had Superman say that he has never went all out before his run in Superman.

That means Thor lost to a holding back Superman. How does that makes you feel?

quanchi112
Yes, Busiek had Superman say that he has never went all out before his run in Superman.

That means Thor lost to a holding back Superman. How does that makes you feel? Thor held back and Superman barely won. Writer said it could have gone either way without even addressing the magical weakness. Thor wins.

Insane Titan
Did he do anything at that point? Because he has said the same to Demon Druid and Demon Druid again oneshotted him as before.
When did I ever used Drax killing Thanos as an evidence you idiot? see you can't even get it right now f*cktard. When other posters have used it , you've said it was bullshit.

abhilegend
Wut? What are you even talking about?

deathslash
Wut? What are you even talking about? don't even try to pretend. Everybody can plainly see through your shit. They bring up that orion is destined to kill darkseid and you blow it off as bullshit and then turn around not even a day later and post that drax was made to be thanos' silver bullet and that's why could do it.

Also, It's absolutely appalling how you consistently bring up crossovers like they're canon (even when the mods say they aren't) and even ignore the statements of the writers of those crossovers in favor of jacking off superman in front of the rest of us.

Stoic
Originally posted by leonidas

I'm with you on that leo

Stoic
@Darksaint, Bills cyborg body was destroyed at the end of the Stormbreaker mini. He was then resurected into a new body that was equally as powerful as his pld one. He even had a base form. Marvel has continuity issues due to the laziness of its new writers.

Insane Titan
Wut? What are you even talking about? lmao, playing stupid I see.

the Darkone
BRB wins the majority, it's close every time

the Darkone
Thor, Orion, Captain Marvel and Beta Ray Bill are Superman peers when it comes to strength :/

deathslash
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thor, Orion, Captain Marvel and Beta Ray Bill are Superman peers when it comes to strength :/ don't tell that to abhi or he'll bring up non canon fights and faulty logic to prove you wrong.

Cogito
Originally posted by deathslash
don't tell that to abhi or he'll bring up non canon fights and faulty logic to prove you wrong.

Well, you could just bring up neutral feats to prove it partially correct.

Thor/BRB don't have anywhere near as impressive lifting feats, planetary body moving feats, or anything else objective. It's not even close, actually.

abhilegend
don't even try to pretend. Everybody can plainly see through your shit. They bring up that orion is destined to kill darkseid and you blow it off as bullshit and then turn around not even a day later and post that drax was made to be thanos' silver bullet and that's why could do it.

That's just the stupidest
thing I've heard. I've never discarded Orion being fated to kill Darkseid as something unrelated to strength or used Drax killing Thanos as a feat for Drax.

Haha, what? Both JLA/Avengers and DC Vs Marvel are canon. They are not usable here but that's not the same as being non canon.

As opposed to marvel fanboys going off on imaginary versions of characters? At least what I'm using is on panel.

abhilegend
don't tell that to abhi or he'll bring up non canon fights and faulty logic to prove you wrong.
Alright. Show me where Thor/Bill have enough strength to rip an above top tier being in half while weakened.

Only Captain Marvel is a peer to Superman. Thor certainly isn't.

Blue Area Vet
don't even try to pretend. Everybody can plainly see through your shit. They bring up that orion is destined to kill darkseid and you blow it off as bullshit and then turn around not even a day later and post that drax was made to be thanos' silver bullet and that's why could do it.

Also, It's absolutely appalling how you consistently bring up crossovers like they're canon (even when the mods say they aren't) and even ignore the statements of the writers of those crossovers in favor of jacking off superman in front of the rest of us.

That's what he does. Not a SHRED of integrity, yet some people accept consider him a legit poster simply because he posts a lot of scans. He's the Malcolm X of the House of El and his motto is "By Any Means Necessary."

Blue Area Vet

That means Thor lost to a holding back Superman. How does that makes you feel?

Honestly , it makes me feel sorry for you, but only for about 5 seconds or so. You bringing everything on yourself. Thor and Superman were obviously both not going all out or one would have either killed or severely injured the other and neither was the case. So back to the FACT regarding Busiek's words through both Superman and Thor, what occurred was quite clear. You just refuse to accept it because of your zealotry and every board vet knows it.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Cogito

Thor/BRB don't have anywhere near as impressive lifting feats, planetary body moving feats, or anything else objective. It's not even close, actually.

Anyone who knows comics knows that's not how characters are typically depicted in Marvel, but with that said, you are still wrong. Thor has several elite strength feats, just not nearly as many as it isn't a point of focus.

Cogito
Anyone who knows comics knows that's not how characters are typically depicted in Marvel You make it seem like this is my problem. It's not.

Thor has several elite strength feats, just not nearly as many as it isn't a point of focus. Sure, Thor has objectively high strength feats. Thor does not have objectively high enough strength feats to compete with Superman's objective high strength feats. Not even close.

Blue Area Vet
You make it seem like this is my problem. It's not.

Sure, Thor has objectively high strength feats. Thor does not have objectively high enough strength feats to compete with Superman's objective high strength feats. Not even close.

It's not a problem, it's a fact. I suppose it could be a problem for you if you deny or discount it.

Thor lifted the nine realms. There isn't anything else to lift when you lift the nine realms.

zopzop
Thor lifted the nine realms. There isn't anything else to lift when you lift the nine realms.
BAV, in Team DC's defense, that's an unquantifiable feat (like Hercules 'lifting the heavens"wink.

celeyhyga17

Sure, Thor has objectively high strength feats. Thor does not have objectively high enough strength feats to compete with Superman's objective high strength feats. Not even close.
Other than Hulk, which herald has strength feats that come close to Superman?

deathslash
Originally posted by zopzop
BAV, in Team DC's defense, that's an unquantifiable feat (like Hercules 'lifting the heavens"wink. lifting the serpent when it wrapped itself around the world?

Zack M
So, does BRB have a feat that is on par with Orion's Oblivion Bomb feat?

abhilegend
It's not a problem, it's a fact. I suppose it could be a problem for you if you deny or discount it.

Thor never lifted the nine realms.

erm

abhilegend
lifting the serpent when it wrapped itself around the world?
Thoroughly debunked.

zopzop
lifting the serpent when it wrapped itself around the world?
They were in some sort of inter-dimensional space when that happened. Notice the size of the bull they used to bait the Serpent (it fit inside their ship). It wasn't exactly planetary size.

Cogito
Other than Hulk, which herald has strength feats that come close to Superman?

Hyperion

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by zopzop
BAV, in Team DC's defense, that's an unquantifiable feat (like Hercules 'lifting the heavens"wink.

Its is. Still a top notch feat that is attributed to only a handful if that.

celeyhyga17
Hyperion
So only Hyperion is a peer of Superman and Hulk?

DarkSaint85
Cap Marvel (Billy) evil face

celeyhyga17
Cap Marvel (Billy) evil face
Other than lifting an abstract book with Supes, what does he have under his belt?

Cogito
So only Hyperion is a peer of Superman and Hulk?

I was just listing Marvel characters off the top of my head that I could think of with comparable objective strength feats.

On the DC side, there's several who has consistently been portrayed as strength peers w/ Superman but may not have objective strength feats, such as Captain Marvel, Black Adam, and Orion. They have direct comparisons to Superman though, unlike Marvel's side.

celeyhyga17
I was just listing Marvel characters off the top of my head that I could think of with comparable objective strength feats.

On the DC side, there's several who has consistently been portrayed as strength peers w/ Superman but may not have objective strength feats, such as Captain Marvel, Black Adam, and Orion. They have direct comparisons to Superman though, unlike Marvel's side.
Peers as in exact equals or in the vicinity? They certainly fall well short when it comes to raw strength feats. I'm betting Thor has even better raw feats than the ones you listed. He's had some showings where he's in the vicinity or even equal to Hulk(imo Hulk has the edge). And as far as Hyperion goes, pretty sure you know of their bro force showing which has them depicted pretty much as peers.

Zack M
Peers as in exact equals or in the vicinity? They certainly fall well short when it comes to raw strength feats. I'm betting Thor has even better raw feats than the ones you listed. He's had some showings where he's in the vicinity or even equal to Hulk(imo Hulk has the edge). And as far as Hyperion goes, pretty sure you know of their bro force showing which has them depicted pretty much as peers.

Who do you see winning against Pre-Flashpoint Orion and BRB?

celeyhyga17
Orion

Zack M
Yeah, I give it to him no more than 6/10. Would be an awesome fight, but once both unleash their attacks, I see Orion's as a tad more powerful.

the Darkone
I still say bill, truth be told it's 50/50 between the two

Zack M
Yeah, either can win. However, I think Orion is more versatile, so I'll side with him.

the Darkone
Yeah, either can win. However, I think Orion is more versatile, so I'll side with him.

There both versatile, it will come down who makes the most mistakes

Zack M
There both versatile, it will come down who makes the most mistakes

Mother Box's can do more, I think. And that's not including Orion's Astro Force.

Delta1938

Orion says Kalibak is his equal in strength, but not his equal as a fighter. And you can see it.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/Delta1938/library/Comparing/Heroes/Orion/Kalibak/JKFW9

Starts the fight without his skills, not even a warrior nature, against Valkyra, who is pretty hyped up in fighting skills. He starts winning when his old self is back, until the fight is interrupted.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/Delta1938/library/Comparing/Heroes/Orion/Valkyra

Darkseid is MUCH stronger than Orion.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/Delta1938/library/Comparing/Villains/Darkseid/Orion/FOUNDATIONS

Even when, technically Orion should have been stronger than normal.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/Delta1938/library/Comparing/Villains/Darkseid/Orion/JKFW6

But Orion's fighting skills have compensated against Darkseid.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/Delta1938/library/Comparing/Heroes/Orion/Darkseid/ORION5

Let's assume Ares should get similar credit for fighting skills as Orion. Ares is what? At least a tier below Hercules/Thor/Bill in strength? Where Orion is stronger than them in addition to his fighting skills, making this an unintentionally faulty comparison at best, dishonest strawman at worst.

Delta1938
Other than lifting an abstract book with Supes, what does he have under his belt?

That's not even a feat for the main Captain Marvel. That was Earth-5 Cap, who was that Earth's Superman counterpart.

the Darkone
Mother Box's can do more, I think. And that's not including Orion's Astro Force.

Dude stormbreaker= moljhner it will counter the Astro force and mother box, dude it's 50/50

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Delta1938
That's not even a feat for the main Captain Marvel. That was Earth-5 Cap, who was that Earth's Superman counterpart.
Ah yes.

quanchi112
That's not even a feat for the main Captain Marvel. That was Earth-5 Cap, who was that Earth's Superman counterpart. So even random Caps can match the mainstream Superman.

Zack M
Dude stormbreaker= moljhner it will counter the Astro force and mother box, dude it's 50/50

When has BRB transmuted stuff? Used telepathy? Phased through objects? Turned invisible? etc...

the Darkone
When has BRB transmuted stuff? Used telepathy? Phased through objects? Turned invisible? etc...

Stormbreaker can redulpicate Mjohlnr abilities, it was forged out of the same mold enchanted with the Odin force, your really getting technical

It's 50/50 it's that simple

Zack M
Stormbreaker can redulpicate Mjohlnr abilities, it was forged out of the same mold enchanted with the Odin force, your really getting technical

It's 50/50 it's that simple

Orion has actually accomplished said feats. If you show BRB doing them, then I'll concede.

carver9
Could go either way.

the Darkone
Orion has actually accomplished said feats. If you show BRB doing them, then I'll concede.

It's stated on panel stormbreaker is mojhlnr equal by Odin, it's 50/50 it will come to h2h which it will give Orion a slight since he's more skilled like Thor, BRB tenacity will make this a fight period

Zack M
Yes, we got that, but BRB doesn't use those tactics in battle. We can't use them. Orion does, which is why I gave him the versatility edge. He also holds a speed edge, too.

the Darkone
It's 50/50 like I been saying, either of them slip up its lights out for one of them

Delta1938
It's stated on panel stormbreaker is mojhlnr equal by Odin, it's 50/50 it will come to h2h which it will give Orion a slight since he's more skilled like Thor, BRB tenacity will make this a fight period

Let's go with it is equal to Mjolnir due to what Odin stated. What has Bill done, or Thor done that you can argue Bill would do, for you to think this evens up?

Also, Orion is stronger than Bill, as well.

the Darkone
Let's go with it is equal to Mjolnir due to what Odin stated. What has Bill done, or Thor done that you can argue Bill would do, for you to think this evens up?

Also, Orion is stronger than Bill, as well. [/QUOTE

Their equal in strength

Zack M
I'd give Orion the slight edge in strength, speed, and combat experience.

Delta1938
Their equal in strength

One: You didn't answer my question. Two: "They're." Three: What examples make you think that?

the Darkone
By his feats, they are equals it's 50/50

I like both, at the end of the day it's 50/50

Zack M
BRB isn't as versatile as Orion. Unless he has the feats.

Delta1938
By his feats, they are equals it's 50/50

I like both, at the end of the day it's 50/50

So again, you won't answer my questions. Gotcha.

the Darkone

you ain't got sh**, I don't have to answer a question we will be going around in circles , plus this is how I feel

Zack M

Because BRB hardly has any.

Delta1938
you ain't got sh**, I don't have to answer a question we will be going around in circles , plus this is how I feel

That's not how it works. The only reason we're going around in circles is because you're refusing to answer my questions, that are, ya know, part of the debate.

Your response is telling me this is what you want instead of what you can back. If you don't want to debate, why even reply?

Rao Kal El
http://gif.co/wL7D.gif

celeyhyga17
Because BRB hardly has any.
Why would you think that?

Zack M
Why would you think that?

I'm talking about versatility feats such as transmutation, telepathy, invisibility, or intangibility. When has Bill used those abilities due to stormbreaker? Darkone is avoiding the question, so it makes it seem he hardly has any. stick out tongue

celeyhyga17
I'm talking about versatility feats such as transmutation, telepathy, invisibility, or intangibility. When has Bill used those abilities due to stormbreaker? Darkone is avoiding the question, so it makes it seem he hardly has any. stick out tongue
How often has Orion used those?

Bill has used lightning, weather attacks, energy blasts, teleportation(offensively), magnetism, energy drain, gravity manipulation, shields, transmutation(not offensively), energy tracking, etc... And even crazier things like enforcing the boundaries of reality(prevent them from breaking)...

This fight, Orion will be blasting/punching and Bill will be hammering/punching 90% of the time.

the Darkone

The hammer stormbreaker can do what moljhner can, BRB has absorb energy. Has BRB has done the as Thor no, can he yes.

Stormbreaker is moljhner equal, so it's within its ability

StiltmanFTW
Darkone, the forgotten thor fan.

Has Rage left you anything in his will?

the Darkone
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Darkone, the forgotten thor fan.

Has Rage left you anything in his will?

I'm solo

the Darkone

Bill has used lightning, weather attacks, energy blasts, teleportation(offensively), magnetism, energy drain, gravity manipulation, shields, transmutation(not offensively), energy tracking, etc... And even crazier things like enforcing the boundaries of reality(prevent them from breaking)...

This fight, Orion will be blasting/punching and Bill will be hammering/punching 90% of the time.

That's why I've been saying 50/50

StiltmanFTW
I'm solo

Rage has never showed you any love? Damn him.

I guess he was too busy in bed with celey to notice you. Don't worry, I noticed you. When we begin? love

Zack M
The hammer stormbreaker can do what moljhner can, BRB has absorb energy. Has BRB has done the as Thor no, can he yes.

Stormbreaker is moljhner equal, so it's within its ability

Again, show feats.

Zack M

I've seen him use it many times. He may not use them often, but that's why I give Orion the SLEIGHT edge in versatility.

Weather? Orion has done that in Simonson's run. Teleportation? Orion teleported the bug colony, killing them. Force fields? Orion also used that in Simonson's run when he was blocking Darkseid's OE attack.

the Darkone
Again, show feats.

Look them up yourself,

Simson run
Stormbreaker
BRB Godhunter
Star Masters
Omega flight
And other appearances

the Darkone
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Rage has never showed you any love? Damn him.

I guess he was too busy in bed with celey to notice you. Don't worry, I noticed you. When we begin? love

Rage was more acknowledgedable on Thor than me, I could hold my own

celeyhyga17
I've seen him use it many times. He may not use them often, but that's why I give Orion the SLEIGHT edge in versatility.

Weather? Orion has done that in Simonson's run. Teleportation? Orion teleported the bug colony, killing them. Force fields? Orion also used that in Simonson's run when he was blocking Darkseid's OE attack.
You said he hardly has any.

How have you seen him use versatility many times if you just said he doesn't use them often?

How did he manipulate weather?

How did he teleport the bug colony?

In what way do these two things help him win a fight against BRB?

quanchi112

How have you seen him use versatility many times if you just said he doesn't use them often?

In what way do these two things help him win a fight against BRB? thumb up

Zack M

In what way do these two things help him win a fight against BRB?

How did he manipulate weather and teleport the bug colony? Mother box, irrc. I also believe the Astros force was also able to manipulate gravity and magnetism. But I think you know those.

If Orion can go intangible, how would BRB harm him?

Cogito
If Orion can go intangible, how would BRB harm him?

Wait, what? When has Orion gone intangible?

celeyhyga17
He hasn't done it on panel. He attempted, but some Apokalyptan tech jammie prevented him from doing so Iirc...

Zack M
He hasn't done it on panel. He attempted, but some Apokalyptan tech jammie prevented him from doing so Iirc...

Yeah, he was going to do it because the army that was going to attack him cornered him in. But that's still counts. I think the MB can pretty much do anything. Most of the things will probably be negated due to Stormbreaker, buy my point still stands that Orion is slightly more versatile.

I'd also give him fighting ability, strength, and speed.

celeyhyga17
Yeah, he was going to do it because the army that was going to attack him cornered him in. But that's still counts. I think the MB can pretty much do anything. Most of the things will probably be negated due to Stormbreaker, buy my point still stands that Orion is slightly more versatile.

I'd also give him fighting ability, strength, and speed.

I was merely pointing out that Bill is one of the most versatile heralds out there since you claimed he barely has any.

Strength and speed is prolly a wash.

Delta1938

Mother Box being jammed slipped his mind. He should be able to do it unless Scott Free's Mother Box is different, though he normally doesn't try it(he was actually posing as Scott at the time). Haven't read through NEW GODS V2(or 3, or 4 depending on how you count the reprint series and RETURN OF revival), so dunno if he did it under normal circumstances there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.