Wolverine Runs The Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ultraman Baltan
I wanted to do a Gauntlet, so I'll do it on one of my least favorite comic characters: Wolverine. Here we go.

1. Beetle
2. "The Batman" Bane
3. Animated Beast Boy
4. Captain America
5. Venom
6. Green Goblin(Norman with 4 Days Prep)
7. Toxin
8. Carnage
9. V-Rex
10. 2005 King Kong

galan7777777
more then likely is stopped at #4, but definatley stops at #5

batdude123
"The Batman" Bane was a completely juiced up badass. Seriously, the guy was a monster. Nothing really like how he's portrayed in the comics. Wolverine loses at 2. erm

Ultraman Baltan
I say he gets to five and stops.

capt it up
Originally posted by batdude123
"The Batman" Bane was a completely juiced up badass. Seriously, the guy was a monster. Nothing really like how he's portrayed in the comics. Wolverine loses at 2. erm
are u serous? wolverine fist fights rough-house a class 90 who more skilled then bane and is bullet proof. He would whipe the floor with bane.

capt it up
wolverine stops at venom most likly

Inhuman
Originally posted by galan7777777

capt it up
why would capt beat wolverine? dma I wish I was home so I could get my scanns and such.

any ways capt holds no advantage over wolverine, while wolverine holds quite a few over capt

Metalmanx
Originally posted by galan7777777

srankmissingnin
Easily gets to five where he has a 50% chance of moving forward. If he does get to six, he doesn't go any farther.

Why is King Kong the last on the Gaunlet?

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by capt it up
are u serous? wolverine fist fights rough-house a class 90 who more skilled then bane and is bullet proof. He would whipe the floor with bane.

laughing out loud

capt it up
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
laughing out loud
whats so funny? You think im lieing?

Ultraman Baltan
whats so funny? You think im lieing?

I think you're full of shit. He's not bullet proof at all, nor class 90. He takes bullets, but actually has to heal from them, thus is not bullet proof. Last time you said he was class 70.

jinzin
are u serous? wolverine fist fights rough-house a class 90 who more skilled then bane and is bullet proof. He would whipe the floor with bane. bullet proof doesn't rewally mean jack shit to "the batman" bane... erm
"the batman" bane is bomb proof... batmobileproof... and batrobosuitproof.... no expression

that said, the batman has been able to keep up with bane regardless and get hits in, his fingertip claws have staggered bane for a moment so admantium would do some major damage on him... with cis on wolverine might make it to 6 then he gets a stomping... with cis off.. he gets stomped at 5.

Inhuman
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Easily gets to five where he has a 50% chance of moving forward. If he does get to six, he doesn't go any farther.

how does he have a 50% chance vs. Venom.
How can logan win?

jinzin
I think you're full of shit. He's not bullet proof at all, nor class 90. He takes bullets, but actually has to heal from them, thus is not bullet proof. Last time you said he was class 70. yeah i'd say class 70-75 is about right for rouhouse... he only has a few feats and comparisons to place him, and I vaguely recall the only strength stats ever assigned to him were on classic warpath and thing's level... or around them at least.

capt it up
Originally posted by jinzin
bullet proof doesn't rewally mean jack shit to "the batman" bane... erm
"the batman" bane is bomb proof... batmobileproof... and batrobosuitproof.... no expression

that said, the batman has been able to keep up with bane regardless and get hits in, his fingertip claws have staggered bane for a moment so admantium would do some major damage on him... with cis on wolverine might make it to 6 then he gets a stomping... with cis off.. he gets stomped at 5.
rough-house has been hti with bombs, he been hit with cars, there no way bane is more durable. also bane is far far far far weaker. rough-house would destroy "The batman" bane.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Inhuman
How can logan win?

Symbiot can be overloaded with damage exposing the host to damage. It has happened many times and it is well with in Wolverine's means to do. If Venom fought smart and used his range and versitiliy he would win easily but he fights like a moron in melee.... where Wolverine will carve him up like a turkey.

Ultraman Baltan
rough-house has been hti with bombs, he been hit with cars, there no way bane is more durable. also bane is far far far far weaker. rough-house would destroy "The batman" bane.

Wolverine=Rough-House?

jinzin
How can logan win?
no expression

option A)

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4731612

option B)

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4731664

option C)

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4731760

I don't know about the current scorpion venom, but he seems to suffer from the same CIS that eddie did, in that he engages in h2h when he doesn't have to, it's an affinity he can't afford against somebody like wolverine. erm

capt it up
yeah i'd say class 70-75 is about right for rouhouse... he only has a few feats and comparisons to place him, and I vaguely recall the only strength stats ever assigned to him were on classic warpath and thing's level... or around them at least.
actaully he was stated at barly below hulk level which would mean he roughly 90.

he was also listed in wolverine official marvel hand book at level 6 which means he 75-100 tons. most likly he 90 since he aways referenced at beat almos thulk level.

capt it up
I think you're full of shit. He's not bullet proof at all, nor class 90. He takes bullets, but actually has to heal from them, thus is not bullet proof. Last time you said he was class 70.
yes he is class 90. He is bullet proof. you don't know jack about rough house or you know every time he shot at the bullets bounce off.

capt it up
Wolverine=Rough-House?
? wolverine beats rough-house who is superior to bane in every way

jinzin

when has roughhouse ever been hit with a bomb? What the f**k?

wolverine ran a car into him and he ran a c.a.t. into him but that's about it, and no you can't go around claiming that the batman bane is weaker... the guy has picked up and thrown a ferris wheel in the batman comics... he's a serious player.

Ultraman Baltan
no expression

option A)

option B)

option C)

Dude, all three options show Venom smiling and not feeling anything. You fail.

capt it up
when has roughhouse ever been hit with a bomb? What the f**k?

wolverine ran a car into him and he ran a c.a.t. into him but that's about it, and no you can't go around claiming that the batman bane is weaker... the guy has picked up and thrown a ferris wheel in the batman comics... he's a serious player.
what the hell. how did bane get so strong? last time I checked he was like freaken class 10. I have to wait till I get home to show u when he gotten hit with a bomb.

jinzin
actaully he was stated at barly below hulk level which would mean he roughly 90.

he was also listed in wolverine official marvel hand book at level 6 which means he 75-100 tons. most likly he 90 since he aways referenced at beat almos thulk level.

no he wasn't stated to be barely below hulk level.. all wolverine said about him was "he's not QUITE at hulk level, but he strong enough to keep to ol' canucklehead on his toes".... so we can't just go around claiming he's nearly at hulk's level.. though he very well COULD be near class 100 he needs a feat to prove it or a stat to prove it... at the moment, he has neither.

Ultraman Baltan
? wolverine beats rough-house who is superior to bane in every way

Until Rough-House tosses a car 50 feet in the air as a warm-up, I don't see it.

srankmissingnin
Dude, all three options show Venom smiling and not feeling anything. You fail.

.... Venom doesn't have lips, his face always looks like that.

Ultraman Baltan
no he wasn't stated to be barely below hulk level.. all wolverine said about him was "he's not QUITE at hulk level, but he strong enough to keep to ol' canucklehead on his toes".... so we can't just go around claiming he's nearly at hulk's level.. though he very well COULD be near class 100 he needs a feat to prove it or a stat to prove it... at the moment, he has neither.

I don't think he's even class 20. Why? Because I think he only hurts people because of his adamantium coating, which doesn't add onto lifting ability. It just makes a punch hurt just a bit more.

Inhuman
no expression

option A)

option B)

option C)

I don't know about the current scorpion venom, but he seems to suffer from the same CIS that eddie did, in that he engages in h2h when he doesn't have to, it's an affinity he can't afford against somebody like wolverine. erm

first 2 scans were the sam keith book right. Pis. they had to make the fight last more than a page.

anyhow 3 is more like it.
It has been shown that wolverine cant cut venom.

capt it up
same defference. I did not have the comic in front of me since Im at school. I was going off memory. barly below hulk level and not quite hulk level is roughly the same thing.

well his stats put him in the same class as colossus in strength

Ultraman Baltan
.... Venom doesn't have lips, his face always looks like that.

No it doesn't. I've seen him frown before.

jinzin
Dude, all three options show Venom smiling and not feeling anything. You fail. I failed at what?

just because venom's a nutcase doesn't mean he doesn't feel pain....

in the first encounter venom got KOed and wolverine had to save him.
in the second wolverine stabbed venom and was about to kill him, and venom threw wolverine off a cliff so that he could run away when wolverine got distracted.
in the third encounter he scored a head shot on a symbiote who didn't have a hosts head there...

in every encounter h2h he's been able to get the upper hand. I failed at nothing.

now it's up to you to present an argument for why wolverine WOULDN'T take him in a hand to hand contest.

capt it up
I don't think he's even class 20. Why? Because I think he only hurts people because of his adamantium coating, which doesn't add onto lifting ability. It just makes a punch hurt just a bit more.
what the hell are you talking about. rough-house does not have adamatium. wow you been talking all this shit and your not even talking about rough-house lol. dude they guy your talken about is cyber. gett your character correct man

jinzin
Until Rough-House tosses a car 50 feet in the air as a warm-up, I don't see it. that's really not a decent feat to claim bane's stronger than roughouse.. even venom's done that and he's nowhere NEAR class 75...well classic venom anyways.

jinzin
I don't think he's even class 20. Why? Because I think he only hurts people because of his adamantium coating, which doesn't add onto lifting ability. It just makes a punch hurt just a bit more. are you talking about cyber? What the f**k?

Ultraman Baltan
Venom has camouflage(sp?), super strength, ultra durability, and good skill(we've seen it). Those comics are him jobbering.

Ultraman Baltan
what the hell are you talking about. rough-house does not have adamatium. wow you been talking all this shit and your not even talking about rough-house lol. dude they guy your talken about is cyber. gett your character correct man

I'M TALKING ABOUT WOLVERINE! roll eyes (sarcastic)

capt it up
I'M TALKING ABOUT WOLVERINE! roll eyes (sarcastic)
wow ur dumb then. we were talking about rough-house and you thought we were talking about wolverine how foolish

Ultraman Baltan
wow ur dumb then. we were talking about rough-house and you thought we were talking about wolverine how foolish

He talked about Wolverine's strength basis(you know, the one you LIED about), and I commented off of that. You're school was a C-Class, wasn't it?

Metalmanx
same defference. I did not have the comic in front of me since Im at school. I was going off memory. barly below hulk level and not quite hulk level is roughly the same thing.

well his stats put him in the same class as colossus in strength

Colossus is MUCH stronger than Rough-House. And FAR more durable as well.

jinzin
first 2 scans were the sam keith book right. Pis. they had to make the fight last more than a page.

anyhow 3 is more like it.
It has been shown that wolverine cant cut venom.
the first two are from dtwo different books/arcs....

if PIS is all you got then that's not much of an argument, you need a reason for WHY it's pis... and if your only reasoning is "venom's stronger, faster" blah blah blah.. i'd like to adress the fact that in spite of his physical talents he DOES have an affinity for going hand to hand and he's had some decent trouble in hand to hand with the likes od daredevil, darkhawk, and black cat to name a few... the think that PIS is the only reason that fight lasted longer than a page, you better have some reasonable reasons for thinking it. What the f**k?

3 is more like it? What the f**k? a venom clone that's developed the ability to be mobile without the use of a host and absorb powers more rapidly, as well as a monster with TP is more like it? What the f**k?

and.....wolverine can't cut venom? What the f**k?.... the hell does this look like to you?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4731722

Grimm22
Ah, I love watching Capt continuously badger on about things, even if they make no sense at all laughing

jinzin
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Colossus is MUCH stronger than Rough-House. And FAR more durable as well. currently.... he's probably stronger yes.. "much stronger" more than likely an overstatment though...

classic colosus however, that's a different story.

Ultraman Baltan
Colossus is MUCH stronger than Rough-House. And FAR more durable as well.

Agreed.

Grimm22
Comparing Rough House to Colossus......no expression

capt it up
He talked about Wolverine's strength basis(you know, the one you LIED about), and I commented off of that. You're school was a C-Class, wasn't it?
you really are a morron. we were talking about rough-house and I was not lieing dip shit.

ask jinzin one thing I don't lie and I can always back my self up with evidence

Metalmanx
currently.... he's probably stronger yes.. "much stronger" more than likely an overstatment though...

classic colosus however, that's a different story.

I actually underrated Colossus there. He's superior to Rough-House in every way. He'd toss him around like a rag-doll.

Grimm22
you really are a morron

Just wanted to point that out laughing

jinzin
Venom has camouflage(sp?), super strength, ultra durability, and good skill(we've seen it). Those comics are him jobbering. so 95% of the comics he's in is jobbing? no expression

see that's the thing, venom has camoflauge but he doesn't use it in some pretty dramitic times when it would be helpful I.E. juggernught, the jury, nightwatch, ghost rider, demogoblin, spiderman, scarlet spider, carnage, scream, thunderball, etc etc etc etc...
venom's strength class is a nonfactor against wolverine..
and his durability is waaaay well more suited for blunt force than cutting force... blaze has stuck venom in the shoulder with a pocket knife, a member of the wildpack opened up his symbiote with a sheild edge... etc etc...
and skill..good god, I hope you're not trying to even compare the two there.

Ultraman Baltan
you really are a morron. we were talking about rough-house and I was not lieing dip shit.

aks jinzin one thing I don't lie and I can always back my self up with evidence

In *MANY* threads you state that Wolvie is class 70, but he suddenly leaped into 90. He was talking about Wolverine's strength. The rest was RH. Oh, and you even spelled moron wrong. I'm surprised you didn't write shit as shite.

jinzin
I actually underrated Colossus there. He's superior to Rough-House in every way. He'd toss him around like a rag-doll. probably, I'd assume colussus to have more skill, more speed, and far greater durability, but their strength levels are more than likely closer than you stated them not to be.

Grimm22

venom's strength class is a nonfactor against wolverine..

Yes, because Wolverine is apparently immune to brute force right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thats why he got pwned by Molly in Runaways right laughing

capt it up
Originally posted by Grimm22
Comparing Rough House to Colossus......no expression
no colossus would whipe the floor with rough house

Metalmanx
probably, I'd assume colussus to have more skill, more speed, and far greater durability, but their strength levels are more than likely closer than you stated them not to be.

Eh. I don't want to get into that here on this thread, but I don't see Rough-House's strength comparing to Colossus's. Especially not now.

Ultraman Baltan
Just wanted to point that out laughing

I know. Isn't it deliciously contradictory?

Ultraman Baltan
no colossus would whipe the floor with rough house

As Bane would Wolverine? laughing out loud

capt it up
In *MANY* threads you state that Wolvie is class 70, but he suddenly leaped into 90. He was talking about Wolverine's strength. The rest was RH. Oh, and you even spelled moron wrong. I'm surprised you didn't write shit as shite.
I have never once stated wolverine as 70 tons or 90 tons what the **** are you talking about. please prove this .

srankmissingnin

... I don't anyone, in the history of mankind, has ever stated that Wolverine class 70.

capt it up
As Bane would Wolverine? laughing out loud
bane would die. bane not putting logan down

jinzin
Yes, because Wolverine is apparently immune to brute force right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thats why he got pwned by Molly in Runaways right laughing

for someone who likes to use the "it's crap" excuse all too often, you certainly seem to have trouble seeing it when it's a bad feat for logan.. do we really have to get into this...

no wolverine isn't immune to brute force, I didn't say that, i said it's a non factor against him, and it is. venom's like what? class 50? AT BEST?

that's just not enough to put logan down, venom's not going to land enough hits fast enough for it to matter, and the moment he even starts doing that he's gonna get a gut full of claw...

capt it up
... I don't anyone, in the history of mankind, has ever stated that Wolverine class 70.
I think he just slow or some thing. or he just enjoys lieing

jinzin
Eh. I don't want to get into that here on this thread, but I don't see Rough-House's strength comparing to Colossus's. Especially not now. actually perhaps I'm mistaken about colossus' current strength level... if you've got some scans and feats, I'm interested.

Ultraman Baltan
for someone who likes to use the "it's crap" excuse all too often, you certainly seem to have trouble seeing it when it's a bad feat for logan.. do we really have to get into this...

no wolverine isn't immune to brute force, I didn't say that, i said it's a non factor against him, and it is. venom's like what? class 50? AT BEST?

that's just not enough to put logan down, venom's not going to land enough hits fast enough for it to matter, and the moment he even starts doing that he's gonna get a gut full of claw...

And yet Molly's class 2 and she kicked his ass.

srankmissingnin
And yet Molly's class 2 and she kicked his ass.

She hit him... once... and he was fine. Should I throw a parade or something?

capt it up
She hit him... once and he was fine. Should I throw a parade or something? \
is he talken about the shit when wolverine landed in the snow?

Metalmanx
Where were those superior reflexes and senses when Molly decked him?

I'm serious. Even if he wasn't expecting it, with his apparent super-human reflexes and senses, he should've been able to avoid said blow. But he didn't. Cuz he couldn't.

I'm just saying.

jinzin
She hit him... once... and he was fine. Should I throw a parade or something? laughing out loud

Ultraman Baltan
She hit him... once... and he was fine. Should I throw a parade or something?

Don't forget the floats.

Grimm22
\
is he talken about the shit when wolverine landed in the snow?

So when Wolveirne loses to a little girl its "shit"

But when he beats guys in ways that are completely against their abilities and characteristics, then its perfectly fine right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

srankmissingnin
Where were those superior reflexes and senses when Molly decked him?

I'm serious. Even if he wasn't expecting it, with his apparent super-human reflexes and senses, he should've been able to avoid said blow. But he didn't. Cuz he couldn't.

I'm just saying.

He didn't know she had superstrength. Why would he go out of his why to dodge a punch from a 12 year old girl?

Inhuman
if PIS is all you got then that's not much of an argument, you need a reason for WHY it's pis... and if your only reasoning is "venom's stronger, faster" blah blah blah.. i'd like to adress the fact that in spite of his physical talents he DOES have an affinity for going hand to hand and he's had some decent trouble in hand to hand with the likes od daredevil, darkhawk, and black cat to name a few... the think that PIS is the only reason that fight lasted longer than a page, you better have some reasonable reasons for thinking it. What the f**k?

ok lets throw PIS out the window.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5577/wolverineownedjw1.th.jpg

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4737/wolverine18006vd9.th.jpg

Here he kets KO'ed by someone stronger than him with a simple backhand.
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4669/wolverinekoqg3.th.jpg

here ill help you out with another scan.
still doesnt look like he is hurt by logans "cuts".

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/576/venomwolvxk1.th.jpg

Ultraman Baltan
So when Wolveirne loses to a little girl its "shit"

But when he beats guys in ways that are completely against their abilities and characteristics, then its perfectly fine right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thank you! This is what I mean!

Ultraman Baltan
woverin wld totly win cus hes te bst at wat he dos nd hes clas 600000000 an kan beaat any1 eva11!!!11111!11!

srankmissingnin

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/576/venomwolvxk1.th.jpg

Wolverine was hit by Juggy twice before that in that issue and he didn't have a healing factor writen into his character at that point. How is that a helpful or relevent scan? And the Elk and Pip feats are throwing PIS out the window? confused

srankmissingnin
woverin wld totly win cus hes te bst at wat he dos nd hes clas 600000000 an kan beaat any1 eva11!!!11111!11!

Does your mom know you are still on the computer? You better head to bed now champ, don't want to miss the bus in the morning and be late for school.

Ultraman Baltan
Does your mom know you are still on the computer? You better head to bed now champ, don't want to miss the bus in the morning and be late for school.

Actually, I am tired. But, unlike you, my bus isn't the little one.

srankmissingnin
Actually, I am tired. But, unlike you, my bus isn't the little one.

Adults call that a car champ. wink

Tha C-Master
He's not getting past Venom fighting to the best of their abilities.

King_Mungi
Wolverine was hit by Juggy twice before that in that issue and he didn't have a healing factor writen into his character at that point. How :

eh? since when? as from what I remember even his early apperances he had a healing factor. I havn't read that particualar issue as I'm not denying or disputing what happened, just find it odd he had no healing factor.

jinzin

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/576/venomwolvxk1.th.jpg Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wolverine was hit by Juggy twice before that in that issue and he didn't have a healing factor writen into his character at that point. How is that a helpful or relevent scan? And the Elk and Pip feats are throwing PIS out the window? confused what hesaid.. no expression

too bad I can show you 3 dozen scas of wolverine taking superhuman hits and shrugging them off like nothing....

but the elk feat stands huh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

also; why would venom cutting off venom's tongue hurt venom? wolverine's not hitting the host.. he's hitting the tongue.. of course that's not going to hurt venom.. What the f**k?

jinzin
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
He's not getting past Venom fighting to the best of their abilities.

clearly.. all we're saying is with CIS on he has more than a fair shot of getting past 5.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by King_Mungi
eh? since when? as from what I remember even his early apperances he had a healing factor. I havn't read that particualar issue as I'm not denying or disputing what happened, just find it odd he had no healing factor.

Nope. He was a member of the "All New, All Different X-Men" for more then a year before we found out what his mutant ability was. At first all we knew was a) he was a mutant b) he was strong and fast and c) apparently insanely durable. The fist mention of a "healing factor" was a throw away one liner after he was bit by a Raptor and that was latter developed into his mutant ability.

Tha C-Master
clearly.. all we're saying is with CIS on he has more than a fair shot of getting past 5. It wasn't aimed at anyone, simply stating my opinion.

Metalmanx
Nope. He was a member of the "All New, All Different X-Men" for more then a year before we found out what his mutant ability was. At first all we knew was a) he was a mutant b) he was strong and fast and c) apparently insanely durable. The fist mention of a "healing factor" was a throw away one liner after he was bit by a Raptor and that was latter developed into his mutant ability.

No wait. I just thought of something.

Wolverine HAD to have the healing factor from the start.

If not, he would've bled to death everytime he unsheathed his claws. Sure, they didn't come out and say it, but it's clear that he was meant to have some sort of healing factor. Otherwise, insane durability or not, he would've bled out everytime he went SNIKT!

I don't know why that took me so long to figure out.

Jesse7
Wolverine fights with high class charaters often, going by feats and on panel showings I do agree with Cap it up and as of recent his healing factor is near instant.

IE Nitro fully incinerated Wolves, a few seconds later Wolves is fully regenerated, except for a burn mark on his right shoulder.

IE Wolvers was hit by a nuclear bomb, the light clears and hes fully regenerated.

IE Wolverine took a thunder clap from a raged hulk at point blank, he was completely fine, still standing, and was even telling jokes.

etc. etc.

srankmissingnin

If not, he would've bled to death everytime he unsheathed his claws. Sure, they didn't come out and say it, but it's clear that he was meant to have some sort of healing factor. Otherwise, insane durability or not, he would've bled out everytime he went SNIKT!

His claws where thought to be attachments of some sort to his body at first. If the weren't natural there would need to be hydraulics and other mechanisms in his arm to allow for the retraction and protrusion of his claws. His claws would likely be on track and inside sheaths (which they were acording to old diagrams before bone claw ara). Their wouldn't be any fleash or muscle for his claws to push through just the skin on his hand... and even then sometimes those three metal dealies were drawn attached to his hands and not his gloves.

jinzin
Nope. He was a member of the "All New, All Different X-Men" for more then a year before we found out what his mutant ability was. At first all we knew was a) he was a mutant b) he was strong and fast and c) apparently insanely durable. The fist mention of a "healing factor" was a throw away one liner after he was bit by a Raptor and that was latter developed into his mutant ability. when was he even written to have an adamantium laced skeleton?

srankmissingnin
when was he even written to have an adamantium laced skeleton?

Good question, I'll need to think about it. Sometimes before the 80s though because in his series and in MCP he was saying stuff like "With an adamtium skeleton if I so much as tap a regular guy he is out for hours"

King_Mungi

Hmmm...well go with that, moot anyways as time went on his healing factor greatly improved even if he did or didn't have a healing factor at that time.

He knew he was bonded with adamintium in his first apperance in the Incredible Hulk, so he should have known why he was so durable

jinzin

ummm.. okay now you're confusing concepts for character growth... for a very long time it was believed that wolverine's claws ran on a system of levers and pulleys in his gloves... he never showcased his claws without his gloves until, uncanny 98. and when it happened everyone was shocked.

Metalmanx
Hmmm...well go with that, moot anyways as time went on his healing factor greatly improved even if he did or didn't have a healing factor at that time.

He knew he was bonded with adamintium in his first apperance in the Incredible Hulk, so he should have known why he was so durable

Is that right, KM? Do you know for sure that Wolverine already knew he was bonded with adamantium?

Cuz if so, he would've HAD to have been written with a healing factor from the very beginning.

jinzin
no he didn't know from the beginning he was bonded to admantium... again.. it wasn't even revealed that his claws were in his hands for like.. what... a year or two after his first appearance. erm

srankmissingnin

I don't think he had adamantium skeleton writen into his character circa Incredible Hulk 180-183.

King_Mungi
Is that right, KM? Do you know for sure that Wolverine already knew he was bonded with adamantium?

Cuz if so, he would've HAD to have been written with a healing factor from the very beginning.

They mentioned his claws were:

"I've got claws-forged of diamond hard adamintium and the power to back it up"

then there was several other comments about his adamintium claws. I will double check if they mentioned skelton, but I don't believe they did.

jinzin
They mentioned his claws were:

"I've got claws-forged of diamond hard adamintium and the power to back it up"

then there was several other comments about his adamintium claws. I will double check if they mentioned skelton, but I don't believe they did. well obviously he's had admantium claws as part of his character.. but again.. those weren't even written to be a literal part of him until uncanny x-men 98 when dr. lang smacked jean accross the face and wolverine just snapped.. before then it was a mystery as to whether they were part of him or his gloves.

badabing
no he didn't know from the beginning he was bonded to admantium... again.. it wasn't even revealed that his claws were in his hands for like.. what... a year or two after his first appearance. erm Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I don't think he had adamantium skeleton writen into his character circa Incredible Hulk 180-183.
Okay, I'm jumping in here late. So Logan did or didn't have adamantium in his first appearances?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by badabing
Okay, I'm jumping in here late. So Logan did or didn't have adamantium in his first appearances?

Adamantium Claws? Yes. Adamatium Skeleton? No.

badabing
How? Why? What issues should I read to find all this out?

srankmissingnin

What do you want know? Originally he had no healing factor, he was just fast and strong and had a set of glove with telescopic claws attached to them. Then it was revealed that is claws were bionic and where housed in his forearms. Sometime after that he we found out he had a healing factor and a adamantium skeleton. As to the why, well the answer is character development.

jinzin

hulk 181 describes that he has admantium claws...

uncanny x-men 98 shows the first time he unsheathes his claws sans a costume...

skeleton: don't know.. that's why i asked srank.

King_Mungi
well obviously he's had admantium claws as part of his character.. but again.. those weren't even written to be a literal part of him until uncanny x-men 98 when dr. lang smacked jean accross the face and wolverine just snapped.. before then it was a mystery as to whether they were part of him or his gloves.

eh? I didn't state otherwise, I just mentioned he knew about the adamintium before hand.

jinzin
What do you want know? Originally he had no healing factor, he was just fast and strong and had a set of glove with telescopic claws attached to them. Then it was revealed that is claws were bionic and where housed in his forearms. Sometime after that he we found out he had a healing factor and a adamantium skeleton. As to the why, well the answer is character development.

yup.. pretty much.. remember bada.. sabretooth didn't have a healing factor or super strength or training or intelligence in his first appreances either... characters develop and things change....

jinzin
eh? I didn't state otherwise, I just mentioned he knew about the adamintium before hand. but you were answering metalman's question about the bonding.... hmmmm....

Inhuman
Wolverine was hit by Juggy twice before that in that issue and he didn't have a healing factor writen into his character at that point.

here is the full scan of that page.
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/9434/wolverineko2pt5.th.jpg

if in any previous page he gets hit I dont know . BUT he sure as hell isnt limping in that previous panel were he says "I aint gonna qut till im dead" while slashing.

How is that a helpful or relevent scan? And the Elk and Pip feats are throwing PIS out the window? confused

Meaning if your going to state just logans high showing then consider his low showings cannon as well.

King_Mungi
but you were answering metalman's question about the bonding.... hmmmm....

yeah and what did I say? I said they mentioned his claws but not his skelton.

jinzin
here is the full scan of that page.
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/9434/wolverineko2pt5.th.jpg

if in any previous page he gets hit I dont know . BUT he sure as hell isnt limping in that previous panel were he says "I aint gonna qut till im dead" while slashing.

no one's saying their not canon.. but feats basically come down to a line of percetages on these forums.. the percentage chance that something like the elk or pip thing happens to him is EXTREMELY low compared to the percentage chance that he takes the abuse like he usually does in the books...

that being said.. the elk and pip thing are in a very very very low percentage chance of taking place, they contradict the majority of showings that wolverine has, thus making them unlikely to happen according to his character.. you said you were throwing pis out the window by producing those feats.. but PIS is exactly what they are when you compare them to the literally HUNDREDS of higher feats that logan has which contradcit them. no expression

jinzin
yeah and what did I say? I said they mentioned his claws but not his skelton. then why would you answer a question in which the answer had nothing to do with the question that was asked?

King_Mungi
then why would you answer a question in which the answer had nothing to do with the question that was asked?

He asked me the question, I answered. He asked me if Wolverine in his first apperance was bonded with adamintium I said it was mentioned just the claws. Get it?

jinzin
it seemed like you were implying something about the skeleton since the only way the claws could be BONDED would be if there was a skeleton to bond them to.. confused

badabing
What do you want know? Originally he had no healing factor, he was just fast and strong and had a set of glove with telescopic claws attached to them. Then it was revealed that is claws were bionic and where housed in his forearms. Sometime after that he we found out he had a healing factor and a adamantium skeleton. As to the why, well the answer is character development. Originally posted by jinzin
hulk 181 describes that he has admantium claws...

uncanny x-men 98 shows the first time he unsheathes his claws sans a costume...

skeleton: don't know.. that's why i asked srank. Originally posted by jinzin
yup.. pretty much.. remember bada.. sabretooth didn't have a healing factor or super strength or training or intelligence in his first appreances either... characters develop and things change....
Thanks guys. I was always under the impression that Logan had his adamantium skeleton and healing factor when he first appeared in Marvel.

srankmissingnin

This is what jinzin and I were confused about. It reads like you are saying that Wolverine knew he was boned with an adamantium skeleton in his first appearance. *shrugs*

capt it up

Metalmanx
What does this prove? That Logan can get hit by a deer when he a few inches away and another person startles it? Also you assume wolverine was KOed yet he was training some one in how to be a tracker. Who to say he was merely acting KOed so that he could see his pupil in action? Also if you read the rest of the comic u realize he beat his pupil to the car meaning that he was simply pretending to be KOed

... laughing

Alfheim

Isnt Venom as fast as Spiderman?

... laughing

Isn't being KOed by a deer a low showing?

Sam Z
Wolverine stops at 5 and not with 50% possibility of winning, not even with 5% possibility. He can stab Venom all day long with no effect and it's pretty clear in the books. Symbiote is faster and much stronger.

Tha C-Master
But it's Wolverine's claws, those take precedence over guys like Carnage... and Alf, deer's are pretty strong, (elk). Wouldn't want to piss one off.

Grimm22

capt it up
... laughing
go read the issue. mangi has it and he has scanns of it.

capt it up
What does it prove?

It proves that anytime Wolverine loses you automaticly disagree with it no expression
not at all. are u trying to tell me Logan and a deer were fighting? you just come up with the dumbest evidence to cling to. there n real evidence to suggest the deer Koed him at all.

Inhuman
not at all. are u trying to tell me Logan and a deer were fighting? you just come up with the dumbest evidence to cling to. there n real evidence to suggest the deer Koed him at all.

shifty

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1236/wolverinedeerio4.th.jpg

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/257/wolverinedeer2yt1.th.jpg

capt it up
shifty

lol

King_Mungi
it seemed like you were implying something about the skeleton since the only way the claws could be BONDED would be if there was a skeleton to bond them to.. confused

I wasn't though, my comment was the fact even in his first apperance he knew about the adamintium. No more no less.

Soljer
Wolverine gets to Captain America no problem.

Logan proceeds to then beat Steve a slight majority.

He is then stopped at Venom.

Stopped hard.

Grimm22

I wasnt talking about the deer no expression

However... shifty

Deer > Thanos cool

Ultraman Baltan
Wow. This thing really took off when I bumped it!

capt it up
I wasnt talking about the deer no expression

However... shifty

Deer > Thanos cool
true the deer is all powerful

badabing
That Logan vs Deer pic is famous. laughing

King_Mungi
That Logan vs Deer pic is famous. laughing

It's my baby too, I was the one who first posted it cool

Metalmanx
go read the issue. mangi has it and he has scanns of it.

Good for him, I'd like to see them. I was merely laughing at the fact that you can't allow Wolvie to be beat. Sure, it was a low showing, I'm not denying that. But then you go and completely deny his being KOed. That he was just "faking" it. I'm wrong, then I apologize. But it seemed like you were also assuming big time there.

Metalmanx
And some great TRACKER Wolverine is. He stepped on a twig, easily giving away his position. Thought he was some ultimate tracker...hah.

capt it up
Good for him, I'd like to see them. I was merely laughing at the fact that you can't allow Wolvie to be beat. Sure, it was a low showing, I'm not denying that. But then you go and completely deny his being KOed. That he was just "faking" it. I'm wrong, then I apologize. But it seemed like you were also assuming big time there.
Im not assumeing any thing he was training some one. if you read the whole issue you will se he was more then likly faking it.

capt it up
And some great TRACKER Wolverine is. He stepped on a twig, easily giving away his position. Thought he was some ultimate tracker...hah.
to bad that was not him. His pants are brown not blue. If you read the issue you know that was his trainy not him

Metalmanx
shifty

Nonetheless, where were Wolverine's superhuman reaction/reflexes time there? I know he didn't know he was gonna get hit or think he was in a fight, but that really DOESN'T change anything. He should've been able to easily avoid that kick if he was as fast as some say.

big juggy man
Wolverine has class 90 strength now?HA as i said befor and i will say again Wolverine fan boys are among the worse.Wolverine isn't even at class 1 year.Maybe 700 pounds or something like that...either way he never makes it past Venom.

Grimm22
Hulk fanboys are bad too.

Seriously check out the New FF vs Old FF thread.

They are crazy, they think Hulk can beat the Invisible Woman

capt it up
Nonetheless, where were Wolverine's superhuman reaction/reflexes time there? I know he didn't know he was gonna get hit or think he was in a fight, but that really DOESN'T change anything. He should've been able to easily avoid that kick if he was as fast as some say.
its called a low end feat. every one has them, such as when spiderman got kicked around by a cyber ninja.

capt it up
Originally posted by big juggy man
Wolverine has class 90 strength now?HA as i said befor and i will say again Wolverine fan boys are among the worse.Wolverine isn't even at class 1 year.Maybe 700 pounds or something like that...either way he never makes it past Venom.
no one said he was class 90 what the hell are you going on about.

jinzin
Nonetheless, where were Wolverine's superhuman reaction/reflexes time there? I know he didn't know he was gonna get hit or think he was in a fight, but that really DOESN'T change anything. He should've been able to easily avoid that kick if he was as fast as some say. like spiderman should be able to dodge everything street levels throw at him right?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I like how everyone's so quick to assume that every character is dumbed down to fight logan when it's obvious that logan is "dumbed down" in half his showings (i.e. fighting ability gets ditched for leaping and screaming)

bah, it really doesn't matter either way. wolverine has admitted that sometimes he just gets careless, cause, well, he can afford to.

LethalFemme
I wanted to do a Gauntlet, so I'll do it on one of my least favorite comic characters: Wolverine. Here we go.

1. Beetle
2. "The Batman" Bane
3. Animated Beast Boy
4. Captain America
5. Venom
6. Green Goblin(Norman with 4 Days Prep)
7. Toxin
8. Carnage
9. V-Rex
10. 2005 King Kong

Green Goblin Is higher than Capitan America?

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by LethalFemme
Green Goblin Is higher than Capitan America?

Oh yeah.

Ultraman Baltan
Hulk fanboys are bad too.

Seriously check out the New FF vs Old FF thread.

They are crazy, they think Hulk can beat the Invisible Woman

Savage Hulk at his absolute best has a shot. no expression

Ultraman Baltan
no one said he was class 90 what the hell are you going on about.

You are the most horrible liar. YOU SAID IT LIKE FIVE TIMES!

blind faith
Wolverine gets to 5 (Venom) and if Venom doesn't fight like a moron, Logan loses 100 % of the time.

capt it up
You are the most horrible liar. YOU SAID IT LIKE FIVE TIMES!
what the hell are you talking about. You are a freaken moron. I said rough-house is class 90 not Logan you dumb ass

hank_mccoy
wolverine gets to 5 and lose

Grimm22
The day Rough House can even come close to doing anything Molly Hayes has done he may be class 50.

But, he's probobly around class 5 or 10

wolvertooth
roughouse is calss 70 and his ass was kicked by wolverine with just fists , i say wolverine can clear all this gauntlet 7/3

Ultraman Baltan
what the hell are you talking about. You are a freaken moron. I said rough-house is class 90 not Logan you dumb ass

Even though you said it BEFORE we talked about Rough-House? Damn, you are just so stupid.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>