Did Yoda and Obi-Wan know?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Council#13
Did Yoda and Obi-Wan know that the best place to hide the baby Luke or Leia would be on Tatooine, where Vader would not dare go or else Anakin's emotions might resurface? In the Rise of Darth Vader, it says something like how Vader wouldn't go back to Tatooine or else Anakin might come back out.

Null ARC Avis
No. Obi wanted luke with relatives.

Blue_Hefner
Of course Obi Wan knew. Would you want to go back to a place where you were a slave?

Smoker Stevens
Yes, why not? He's a sithlord and can finally get his revenge for being a slave. He just didn't like all the sand in his suit.

Bespin Bart
Anakin had too many painful memories on Tatooine.

a_jedi_trait
Why didnt obi-wan take Luke and train him and Yoda took Leia and trained her that would have made much more sence.

Smoker Stevens
just laziness..

Blue_Hefner
On George Lucas's part...

JaehSkywalker
...agreed partly...

Tangible God
Because a sudden reemergence of the Light Side would alert Palaptine that some Jedi is being fully trained somewhere..... or something like that.

zephiel7
Originally posted by Tangible God
Because a sudden reemergence of the Light Side would alert Palaptine that some Jedi is being fully trained somewhere..... or something like that.

Would he be able to sense something like that from Dagobah...?

I remember in KOTOR 2 there were certain places that Jedi could hide themselves from darksider detection. I believe Tatooine and Dagobah would be examples of such places.

Tangible God
Originally posted by zephiel7
Would he be able to sense something like that from Dagobah...?

I remember in KOTOR 2 there were certain places that Jedi could hide themselves from darksider detection. I believe Tatooine and Dagobah would be examples of such places. In KOTOR 2 didn't the Jedi hide amongst a mass of other lifeforms or in such remote places it was impossible to find them?

Anyways, Palps had control over the galaxy, the Dark Side had won, Yoda and Obi-Wan might have figured that two powerful figures being trained could attract Palpatine's attention. He was also hunting for the Jedi mercilessly, there was always a danger that Yoda or Kenobi could be found out, and if they had one of Vader's kids with 'em...

Advent
Obi-Wan and Yoda did want to hide Luke on Tatooine because of family. The ROTS novelization states the following:

"Cliegg Lars still lives on Tatooine, I think-and Anakin's stepbrother . . . Owen, that's it, and his wife, Beru, still work the moisture farm outside Mos Eisley . . ." "As close to kinfolk as the boy can come," Yoda said approvingly. "But Tatooine, not like Alderaan it is-deep in the Outer Rim, a wild and dangerous planet."

So, it's pretty apparent they just wanted him to be with a family, for Yoda suggested that they not be trained just yet. And that's the reason Obi-Wan went to live on Tatooine also, because he was going to protect Luke from the "dangers". Plus, Obi-Wan wanted to spend his days in quiet anyways.

Archangelysses
Yoda also knew as per the novelisation that Luke would have to be trained differently than the Jedi had been for the last millenia as he would need to have emotion to be able to battle his father.

Only his love for his Sister and his hurt and anger and need to do right would keep him strong enough to be able to stand against the dark.

Darth Scythe
I would think as far as Tatooine goes, that they knew Luke would be relatively safer on a backwater world with little strategic value in the Outer Rim.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.