The Ultimate Galactus Trilogy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
What did you guys think of this?

Ultimate Galactus consiting of Ultimate Nightmare, Ultimate Secret, and Ultimate Extinction.

Did you like it? Did you dislike it? Why?

Which one was your favorite?

Discuss.

cool

inamilist
pretty good for the most part

the first volumes seemed very drawn out with little happening, then the final one was really rushed for content

I like that they made a suitable galactus for the ultimate universe, though the cosmic mythos of 616 is still fantastic, and the silver surfer/herald thing was compleatly a bust imho in the ultimate version.

Id recommend it in the same way as i would anything in the Ultimate U, just get over the fact that it isnt the same characters as 616 and it is fairly enjoyable.

Rewmac
I didn' really like it....The messed the Galactus stuff up...I read a couple from it, but still I was hoping for a better one.

DigiMark007
I'll agree with inamilist. The idea is that it isn't 616. Once you get used to that, it's kinda cool.

I was way too excited when I saw the premise, and was a little let down at the end, but overall I enjoyed it....too much build-up though.

Mindship
Yeah, once you start enjoying Ultimates for what they are, they are pretty cool, and in some ways better than 616.

I don't have the whole Ultimate Galactus series. The last thing I have is Surfer about to bite Marvel with many sets of teeth. Sup wit dat?

Validus
Hated it.

Scoobless
Liked it... they also left the door open for Gah Lak Tus to come back as they only really managed to scare him/it off by smacking it on the nose.... if it does come back they'll need to try something else

Lucid Lui
I enjoyed Nightmare and Secret. I thought they were both very good.

Extinction didn't do it for me though. Hopefully the upcoming Vision series will be good.

Grimm22
Ultimate Gal Ack Tus was awful.

I mean he was just a bunch of little ships?!?! What the f**k?

Lucid Lui
As opposed to a giant in a purple suit.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
As opposed to a giant in a purple suit.

A giant BADASS in a purple suit big grin

grey fox
I honestly dont know why they didn't pull a unicron , it would have been bad-ass....

Grimm22
Originally posted by grey fox
I honestly dont know why they didn't pull a unicron , it would have been bad-ass....

Would have been cooler erm

H. S. 6
I thought it was pretty cool. Ending was good.

SnakeEyes
I'm not sure which installment was my favorite. I'm leaning towards Nightmare... but I'm still undecided.

And I, too, thought that Extinction was rushed. And I was kind of dissapointed in Ultimate Silver Surfer... for obvious reasons (one being that there were multiple ones and they all were basically drones).

Remember to vote!

batdude123
It blew ass.

R.O.T. Yahman
Id say it was really good except it was written by Ellis ..... Compared to Planetary and the Authority this was seriously mediocre. I thought the story was pretty solid through out, and i like the usage of a variety of modern themes, such as the use of S.E.T.I paradox (Why we still haven't found any intelligent life out there), Zero point energy (The energy that was to power the new Space ship). I also like the decision to turn Galactus into a Borg Esq super computer, and the Surfer into a Cosmic version of the T1000 Terminator. Ellis thrives at introducing modern tech and concepts into comics. Just tread Planetary and you'll know exactly what i mean. The story though did have a lot of negative aspects. For example the action sequences and set pieces where unusually pedestrian for Ellis. He usually thrives at creating cinematic epic battle scenes (See Authority and Planetary again), but this was really anti climatic. Also i think Ellis 'wussed out' with the ending. In fact the whole project seemed a little rushed. I think this was as good a chance as any to have a real cosmic showdown between the phoenix force and Galactus, or even to involve the more Godlike characters such as Asgardians.

Big Sexy
What I though would have been better if they let the little ships form a body similar to that of the Matrix Revolution.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by batdude123
It blew ass.

Why the hell am I agreeing with this guy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.