Lord of the Rings Limited Editions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Haldir o Lórien
I apologize if there is already a thread about this ... if there is, then please delete this one.

Well this new Limited Edition is coming out on August 29th, 2006 and it has the original theatrical version and the extended edition compiled in the same package. Plus it also includes additional footage and commentaries ... check it out at these two sites::

http://www.theonering.net/
http://www.homemediaretailing.com/news/html/breaking_article.cfm?sec_id=2&&article_ID=9277

DanielLB
Are they worth getting?

coolmovies
No becouse The SE and the EE are both on one disk !!!!

Haldir o Lórien
That's why it could be worth it ... I heard that they had bad reviews though. But I'd get it just for the extra commentaries and footage anyway.

coolmovies
Thats why the EE are better !

Leggy_n_Merry
Originally posted by coolmovies
No becouse The SE and the EE are both on one disk !!!!

Why is that a bad thing messed

I really want them but I don't have enough money sad If I had a job I'd get them straight away. Does anyone know how long they're out for?

Originally posted by Haldir o Lórien
That's why it could be worth it ... I heard that they had bad reviews though. But I'd get it just for the extra commentaries and footage anyway.

I don't care if they have bad reviews. If there's extra footage that hasn't been seen before then I want it. I don't see how it could be bad messed any Lord of the Rings fan would like footage that hasn't been seen before.

coolmovies
if u buy the EE which are allready out you will see the movie is on two disks for good sound and pic quilty .

Plus u get tones of extres too many i should say . They are cheaper as well now

Leggy_n_Merry
I already have the extended editions.

I want the limited editions for the unseen footage.

coolmovies
If you have the EE then you dont need anything else but if you want to buy them its up to you smile

Leggy_n_Merry
Yes I do because there's unseen footage as I keep saying and I want to see it.

coolmovies
ok cool

thefallen544

Leggy_n_Merry
Yeah I know that's the only footage but I still want it! (Even though I haven't even watched all the Appendices of the Extended Editions yet laughing out loud it's just kinda a comfort knowing I have footage that I know I can watch whenver if you know what I mean)

I'm sure I read somewhere before though about Peter not wanting to release another thing for ages because of the thing of just doing it for money or something. But this was ages ago so it's very bague in my mind, so I don't know. Or maybe I dreamt it... haha.

coolmovies
They made it so fans can enjoy both versions . smile

Jacky Sparrow
but i think the extended is only good for those who have never read this books, i must admit that i like the books better then the movies

coolmovies
You dont have to read the book if u have the EE

Jacky Sparrow
but its not as good as the book because the book is more detailed, maybe it's because it first read th books and then watched the movies

coolmovies
Yes the book is better but it was an impossable job bringing LOTR to life

Jacky Sparrow
of course...and I think he has done a great job with Lotr

thefallen544
He did good, although Saurman's death was a bit ho-hum, that and the Balrogs appearance mainly the inclusion of acrtual and not metaphorical wings is always debated. Its weird I love the films and the books, but die hard fans of the book will always list P.J's faults
Glorfindel missing, Dead Army fighting, Elves at Helms Deep, Denethor being shown as an idiot and the above two I mentioned. But to be fair they've made a good trilogy and usually its better to just overlook such problems unless totally nessecary (ie regarding "lore" or LOTR).

coolmovies
You mean they made the best trilogy ever !!

Leggy_n_Merry

Of course you do. The book is amazing and you imagine it differently and it has this whole different atmosphere. But people obviously don't have to read it if they don't want to, some people are just happy with the film, but the Extended Editions aren't enough to like "substitute" (i didn't know the right word or how to put it lol) for the book, if you know what I mean.

You mean they made the best trilogy ever !!

Of course they did eek!

coolmovies
I just got ROTK EE the SE had chunks missing from the story

Haldir o Lórien
Wow you're behind mate ... I take it that you haven't read the book before and you are utterly convinced that movies and books are totally the same because the world really runs that smoothly and there is no such thing as "publicity" and "money"? *heavy sarcasm*

coolmovies
The book is much better and the films are outstanding . Just saw ROTK EE its much better fills the gaps from the SE

Leggy_n_Merry
The book is much better and the films are outstanding . Just saw ROTK EE its much better fills the gaps from the SE

What does SE actually stand for embarrasment I know you're referring to the Theatrical Edition but it must have another name or something..

The Extended Edition of Return of the King is even more amazing than the Theatrical Edition. I love it so much more with the extra scenes.

coolmovies
SE means Special Eddition

st@rlight
but how can i recognize them? confused they look almost identic!!!!!! if i wanna buy them how do i know wich is thw new one? messed

=Tired Hiker=
I heard that Greedo shoots first!

coolmovies
very funny ^ what do u mean starlight ? confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.