Ultimate universe is screwed.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
....How in the hell will they be able to stop Supreme power Hyperion in the 'Ultimate Power' miniseries ?

I mean Ult Hulk is a brick , as is Thing . The only guy's who I can see to do this are Thor and possibly Colossus....

xmarksthespot
Ultimate Namor? He seems to have high-level hydrokinesis if that will help at all.

inamilist
I wonder what Iron Man has in his space station?

But ya, feat wise, Hyperion should be pretty much unstoppable in the Ultimate U

Maybe Genis could fight him?

Lucid Lui
Namor andI think it's gonna fall on Namor or Thor to take out Hyperion.

And since Namor probably won't be appearing, i'd wager it's Thor.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Namor andI think it's gonna fall on Namor or Thor to take out Hyperion.

And since Namor probably won't be appearing, i'd wager it's Thor. Nice sig whistle

Scoobless
I read an article about it and the writer's said thy were going to make sure the Hyperion/Thor fight was a good one.... so there you go

David_Richards
N

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by David_Richards
Not a VS thread.

This is getting retarded, theres as many non-vs threads goign right now in here as there are real ones.

Mods need to move this. Fascinating, considering this isn't the vs forum.

Scoobless
This isn't in the Versus Forum though..... so what are you talking about?

EDIT: ... laughing out loud .... I see that the young Mr Richards has realised his schoolboy error

stick out tongue

xmarksthespot
Schoolboy is an appropriate word considering the puerility.

Scoobless
Ok........ though i was just using it 'cos it's a saying..... I have no idea how old the guy/chick is

no expression

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Scoobless
Ok........ though i was just using it 'cos it's a saying..... I have no idea how old the guy/chick is

no expression I have no idea of his age either, but he's taken upon him some special mission to point out whenever a thread in the vs forum isn't a versus battle, and calling Digi and Tron hypocrites for not moving them immediately, because he dislikes Tron's vs forum rules.

herbshock

Scoobless
Where did you get that Wolverine pic for your sig?

xmarksthespot
Where did you get that Wolverine pic for your sig? It will be the cover of Astonishing X-Men #17, when it comes out in a month.

Black Adam
I read an article about it and the writer's said thy were going to make sure the Hyperion/Thor fight was a good one.... so there you go

Ultimate Thor should be no match for Hyperion....

oh well.. heres' hopping it's decently written.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Black Adam

Hmmm.... I disagree... but I'll wait until I've read Ultimates V2 #12 & #13 before I try to argue about it.... I have a feeling that Thor is about to prove that he really is a God.... and a powerful one at that

Of course I could be very wrong.... if you've already read those issues don't tell me about them (is #12 out yet?)

roughrider
Originally posted by Black Adam

oh well.. heres' hopping it's decently written.
I bet Ultimate Thor will get an upgrade, now that he's gotten fully in touch with Odin and his godhood. They will try to make it as even as possible.

inamilist
See, even if Thor is there to fight Hyperion, the rest of the Squadron isn't a wash, without Thor, what are they going to do about Dr. Spectrum, Nuke, Arcanna or even Zarda, who is basically a female Hyperion.

Just on a whole I think the squadron has so much power, good thing the Ultimate-verse has the numbers and SHIELD

B dot Rob
Or they could just bring in Professor X, Phoenix, and this Magician loser and clean house :P

inamilist
Hmmm.... I disagree... but I'll wait until I've read Ultimates V2 #12 & #13 before I try to argue about it.... I have a feeling that Thor is about to prove that he really is a God.... and a powerful one at that

Of course I could be very wrong.... if you've already read those issues don't tell me about them (is #12 out yet?)

Originally posted by roughrider
I bet Ultimate Thor will get an upgrade, now that he's gotten fully in touch with Odin and his godhood. They will try to make it as even as possible.

Ultimates 12 is late, it was supposed to be out next week, but its probably due out in september

tho, considering the fact marvel has compleatly dropped the ball on its releases, hopefully we will see it by christmas

I dont think there is going to be a #13. I think they wanted it, but its just dragging on too long. I could be really wrong though

Marvel has said that Thor will play a huge roll in #12, so it is compleatly likely he will be upgraded. We haven't seen much of Thor's power since he dropped a bunch of Chituri spaceships with lightning in vol 1, he is really a toss up power wise...

Grimm22
I want to see Ben take on Hyperion.

Hyperion is obviously more powerful than him, but Ben isnt going to let some alien prick from another dimension take his Best freind cool

Validus
Originally posted by inamilist
Ultimates 12 is late, it was supposed to be out next week, but its probably due out in september

tho, considering the fact marvel has compleatly dropped the ball on its releases, hopefully we will see it by christmas

I dont think there is going to be a #13. I think they wanted it, but its just dragging on too long. I could be really wrong though

We'd already know if #13 was cancelled. Besides, if Marvel gave a damn about it dragging too long, they never would have put Bryan Hitch on art duties.

Grimm22
Originally posted by grey fox
....How in the hell will they be able to stop Supreme power Hyperion in the 'Ultimate Power' miniseries ?

I mean Ult Hulk is a brick , as is Thing . The only guy's who I can see to do this are Thor and possibly Colossus....

Colossus?!? What the f**k?

Ugh, they can take Ult. Colossus back to their universe for all I care laughing

NoFate007
What if they use this to introduce Ultimate Sentry?

Grimm22
Originally posted by NoFate007

Hopefully not sick

Validus
*vomits*

NoFate007
Hey, I'm not the writer here lol. They might do that though if they want Sentry to become really popular - have him be like the savior of both 616 and Ultimate.

R.O.T. Yahman

Where was that interview from ?
That would be cool if that was the case, but in all honesty it will mean they will have to greatly De-power Hyperion. He wasn't even hurt by the release of a terraton of energy. I think thats more than a million Hiroshima bombs. A little bit of lightning is not going to hurt him. Im apprehensive about the fight because at current levels Hyperion is above most 616 Higher tier characters. A close fight against Ultimate Thor is not going to help his Rep. In the end as long as it is a good crossover, I'm not bothered about Hyperion's likely bad showing. Although I'm hardly optimistic, seeing as B.B. is writing it. sad

R.O.T. Yahman
Hey, I'm not the writer here lol. They might do that though if they want Sentry to become really popular - have him be like the savior of both 616 and Ultimate.

Saviour ? confused

Big Sexy
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Saviour ? confused Dude I want to start getting into Hyperion. Are there any arcs that are good to start with?

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Dude I want to start getting into Hyperion. Are there any arcs that are good to start with?

U can Collect the whole Supreme Power serries now. I really recomend its. True its not all out action, and its has some mature content, but its better than your run of the mill comic. If you like the Ultimates you'll love Supreme Power.

Validus
Supreme Power #1-12 are some of the best comics I've read. Kind of went downhill for me after that.

Bendis isn't the only one writing Ultimate Power. Loeb and JMS are writing too. That isn't much better though.

Skeets
Why is everyone talking about Hyperion?Who's in Ultimate Marvel can even slightly match up with Dr.Spectrum?

Validus
Originally posted by Skeets
Why is everyone talking about Hyperion?Who's in Ultimate Marvel can even slightly match up with Dr.Spectrum?
Spectrum will probably get the Green Lantern treatment and have his constructs shattered by the likes of Thing and Colossus.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Validus
Supreme Power #1-12 are some of the best comics I've read. Kind of went downhill for me after that.

Bendis isn't the only one writing Ultimate Power. Loeb and JMS are writing too. That isn't much better though.

JMS on the whole has made the Supreme Power universe pretty consistent. The new Serries started off slowly but the cliffhanger to issue 6 was great. I can't wait for round 2 of Hyperion vs Redstone. big grin

Grimm22
Thor vs Hyperion should be a good fight consideringthat Hyperion is pretty much a government lapdog while Thor is an anarchist

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Skeets

Ultimate Sentry Apparently ..... sad

I know .... What about Nuke FF sakes. Hes the only one so far who actually managed to stalemate Hyperion. He can create blasts capable of simulating the heart of suns. If he close to the ground anyway. smile

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Grimm22
Thor vs Hyperion should be a good fight consideringthat Hyperion is pretty much a government lapdog while Thor is an anarchist

Thats is like saying that Electro would be a good fight for Sentry. smile

Grimm22
Thats is like saying that Electro would be a good fight for Sentry. smile

Wha?!? What the f**k? confused

R.O.T. Yahman
Wha?!? What the f**k? confused

The power difference is just as significant .... Plus Electro is kind of an anarchist (I'll admit that is a barrel scrape) and Sentry is a government lapdog. See there are similarities.

Big Sexy
U can Collect the whole Supreme Power serries now. I really recomend its. True its not all out action, and its has some mature content, but its better than your run of the mill comic. If you like the Ultimates you'll love Supreme Power. Thanks big grin

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Validus

Bendis isn't the only one writing Ultimate Power. Loeb and JMS are writing too. That isn't much better though. Thanks dude

grey fox
I heard somewhere that Ult Sentry was some kind of Satellite used by shield ?

Scoobless
The power difference is just as significant

No it isn't

inamilist

we can only hope

Grimm22
The power difference is just as significant .... Plus Electro is kind of an anarchist (I'll admit that is a barrel scrape) and Sentry is a government lapdog. See there are similarities.

Eh, Ult. Thor has been jobbered a lot erm

Especially in Ult. War

ankur29
why is ultimate hulk and thing a brick?
cant hulk take him?

and whats the story with ultimate hyperion ?good/bad/anti hero?

maybe ultimate juggeranut could go all unstoppable

R.O.T. Yahman

I thought that .... I think its a bit of a reference to Sentrys Colck thingy.

R.O.T. Yahman
Eh, Ult. Thor has been jobbered a lot erm

Especially in Ult. War

I don t see it as Jobbing ..... Thor has yet to prove that he is as Strong as Ultimate Colossus, in-fact I'm pretty sure he isn't. The fact is Hyperion is more than 10000 x stronger than Ultimate Colossus, and at least 100 x more Durable. I know writers very rarely consider mathematical technicalities when two characters are fighting, but feats performed by both Colossus and Hyperion, illustrate such an immense difference in power. If Thor and Hyperion existed in this reality and both where as strong as depicted in their comics, Ult Thor would be like an Ant compared to Hyperion. The forthcoming fight will tell a different tail, but if Bendis was going to be true to the real comics, and continue their reputations for consistency, he would find a way of depowering Hyperion or upgrading thor.

Grimm22
I don t see it as Jobbing ..... Thor has yet to prove that he is as Strong as Ultimate Colossus, in-fact I'm pretty sure he isn't. The fact is Hyperion is more than 10000 x stronger than Ultimate Colossus, and at least 100 x more Durable. I know writers very rarely consider mathematical technicalities when two characters are fighting, but feats performed by both Colossus and Hyperion, illustrate such an immense difference in power. If Thor and Hyperion existed in this reality and both where as strong as depicted in their comics, Ult Thor would be like an Ant compared to Hyperion. The forthcoming fight will tell a different tail, but if Bendis was going to be true to the real comics, and continue their reputations for consistency, he would find a way of depowering Hyperion or upgrading thor.

As strong phycical wise? No. Thor isnt as strong as guys like Colossus, Thing or Hulk.

However, he is WAY to powerful for guys like Colossus.

I mean if Thor dropped his hammer and decided to fight Colossus in h2h, then I guess it would be right, but thats not what happened no expression

ankur29
dude is the hyperion , the same hyperion form 616 (im not sure whether he is even from that) or new ultimate veriosn of him?

why cant hulk or the thing beat him?

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by ankur29
dude is the hyperion , the same hyperion form 616 (im not sure whether he is even from that) or new ultimate veriosn of him?

why cant hulk or the thing beat him?

Neither, we are talking about the Hyperion from the Supreme power universe, which is another alternate universe. Supreme power used to be one of marvels Max range comics (i.e. unsuitable for most people on this forum big grin ). The second serries, now called Squadron Supreme started a while back. Its written by JMS, the same guy who currently writes Spiderman. As both the Supreme power universe and Ultimate universes are based in more realistic worlds than the standard 616 multiverse, Joe Queseda (and other's in the Marvel boardrooms) thought it more suitable for the two to crossover with one another. This 'Ultimate Crossover' starts in October and is bound to be one of the highlights of the year. If you want to get it, id recomend collecting the Supreme power trades, that are currently available at most comic book stores. If youre lazy and short of money just look up 'Supreme Power' on Wiki.

R.O.T. Yahman
As strong phycical wise? No. Thor isnt as strong as guys like Colossus, Thing or Hulk.

However, he is WAY to powerful for guys like Colossus.

I mean if Thor dropped his hammer and decided to fight Colossus in h2h, then I guess it would be right, but thats not what happened no expression

I don't know .... I cant really see him hurting Colossus, and he didn't really do anything to the Ultimate Hulk. Thor's been Impressive against the Ultimates, and when he electrocuted the skrull star ships, but he is still demonstrate anywhere near the power needed to hurt S.P. Hyperion.

Grimm22
I don't know .... I cant really see him hurting Colossus, and he didn't really do anything to the Ultimate Hulk. Thor's been Impressive against the Ultimates, and when he electrocuted the skrull star ships, but he is still demonstrate anywhere near the power needed to hurt S.P. Hyperion.

Thor nearly defeated the Ultimates and the Euro. Ultimates no expression

Ult. Colossus fans think of him as being the toughest guy in Ult. Marvel because he picked up a submarine and stopped a train no expression

He's not.

Ult. Colossus is an overrated amboination to the classic character

R.O.T. Yahman
Thor nearly defeated the Ultimates and the Euro. Ultimates no expression

Ult. Colossus fans think of him as being the toughest guy in Ult. Marvel because he picked up a submarine and stopped a train no expression

He's not.

Ult. Colossus is an overrated amboination to the classic character

First Off; the Strongest of the Euro's and the Ultimates (I.e. Ironman seeing as Thor wasn't on the Team) had to push a Submarine, as they couldn't lift it.(See Volume 2, issue 2)

Second ; The ultimates have done little to suggest they any where near as powerful as their 616 counterparts. So your original piont doesn't really demonstate anything that proves me wrong about Thors impending ass whupping at the hands of Hyperion

Third; I dont know why you keep bringing up Ultimate Colossus when the threads about S.P. Hyperion and the Squadron Supreme ?

big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.