cyclops runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wolvertooth
how far do you think cyclops is going to make it? there is time for prep and strategy between every fight but it takes place open place where cyclops can use only his powers and nothing else

1.craven

2.black cat

3.sabretooth

4.havok

5.wolverine

6.human torch

7.ice man

8.thing

9.iron man

10. thor

lilnutta12
4 - he cant fight he can ONLY use his powers and his powers dont work on havok

The-Judge
max 6. could end with 5

xmarksthespot
I'm assuming h2h is allowed because otherwise he's just a punching bag for Havoc. He stops at 6 or 7.

pr1983
Originally posted by wolvertooth
how far do you think cyclops is going to make it? there is time for prep and strategy between every fight but it takes place open place where cyclops can use only his powers and nothing else

1.craven

2.black cat

3.sabretooth

4.havok

5.wolverine

6.human torch

7.ice man

8.thing

9.iron man

10. thor

Torch beats him, unless cyke hits him early...

most fights depend on how much space there is between cyke and his opponent... with a decent distance i say torch beats him, otherwise, well, torch beats him... messed

Tshern
Originally posted by lilnutta12
4 - he cant fight he can ONLY use his powers and his powers dont work on havok
Nor do Havok's work on Cyclops.

wolvertooth
cyclops showed really good fighting skills, he took out the x-men in h2h fight once, he threw bishop on the floor, but the best weapon he has is his strategies , so h2h against havok i will say cycs takes that easy

lilnutta12
if he has fighting havok gets punched silly - then cykes makes him get a job - and tells him to stop being a junkie big grin

wolvertooth
Lol smile

Black Adam
Gets to 6

The Fake Macoy
Yeah, he'll get to 6. I say that Torch has an 80/20 chance of beating Cyke, depending on the distance between them. He definately can't get past 7.

David_Richards
Can't we all just agree he's a useless character and they all gang beat him into soylent green?

Black Adam
Originally posted by David_Richards
Can't we all just agree he's a useless character and they all gang beat him into soylent green?

sigh.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

pr1983

No...

Thanos_THOTU
Wolvernie will slash him into Oblivion and beyond.

David_Richards
1.Kraven- Would sneak up on him and slit his throat, hes an expert hunter and would attack fro a place that gives him an advantage.

2.black cat- Same as Kraven

3.sabretooth- Pretty much the same, hides gets the drop on him and does a repeat of what he did to psylocke

4.havok- They fist fight. Could go ethier way

5.wolverine - Smells where he is and guts him form behind.

6.human torch - fries him from a distance, he can take a shot from cyclops, all he has to do is hit cyclops once and its BBQ or he just goes nova and bye by cyclops.

7.ice man - freezes the air around cyclops so he cant breathe.

8.thing - can easily take an optic blast and crushes cyclops head with one punch

9.iron man- has sheilds and can take cyclops out for a distance.

10. thor- need we even say it?

wolvertooth
wait wait wait, the thing can easy take an optic blast? an optic blast that can destroy mountains? and the optic blast that took down an entire forest? it can destroy much stronger elements then rock

TheKahn
I'd give him 5/10 against the Human Torch as a lot depends on the circumstances in which their fight takes place. After that he loses 10/10 to Bobby.

wolvertooth
as i stated it happenes in an open place, face to face, and theres no wat craven will win this or black cat or sabretooth, if it was so easy cyclops would be dead a long time ago

Black Adam
1.Kraven- Would sneak up on him and slit his throat, hes an expert hunter and would attack fro a place that gives him an advantage.

3.sabretooth- Pretty much the same, hides gets the drop on him and does a repeat of what he did to psylocke

where are you getting this hide thing from? all these fights take place out in the open.

and even if it didn't hiding isn't going to make much of a difference when your up against a guy that can knock down Forrest in seconds.

ExodusCloak
He stops at 6 or 7...I'll give him the benefit of the doubt at 6(Quick Draw) so he'll stop at 7...

David_Richards
Originally posted by Black Adam
where are you getting this hide thing from? all these fights take place out in the open.

and even if it didn't hiding isn't going to make much of a difference when your up against a guy that can knock down Forrest in seconds.

They would never fight him face to face, they would attack from a spot that gives them the best advantage and yes his optic blasts can do allot in the direction hes facing, So you attack him from a different angle. Lots of Marvel villains have figured that one out.

wolvertooth
and yet how many of them actually could take him out?

David_Richards

6.human torch - fries him from a distance, he can take a shot from cyclops, all he has to do is hit cyclops once and its BBQ or he just goes nova and bye by cyclops.

8.thing - can easily take an optic blast and crushes cyclops head with one punch

10. thor- need we even say it?

Hes just a human, any of them could take him out. Kraven shoots him from a distance.

juggernaut66666
Why is sabertooth below wolverine?????

wolvertooth
when you are facing a great strategiest, a good fighter, and someone that can whipe your face with just looking at you, kraven sabretooth black cat are nothing to him same with havok, yes he can take human torch by using his skills he dont just shoot blasts like idiot from his eyes, he knows what to do, he will take human torch out, he can take wolverine out, not to the death but he will take wolverine, and against iceman it will go toe to toe dont know but iceman will take him, overall cyclops is great fighter in every engle

David_Richards
They would wait and hide and jump out an massacre him. Hes not the greatest fighter in the world, Kravens better then him and so is Wolverine.

Read again slowly:

Black Adam
They would never fight him face to face, they would attack from a spot that gives them the best advantage and yes his optic blasts can do allot in the direction hes facing, So you attack him from a different angle. Lots of Marvel villains have figured that one out.

fight takes place out the open. even if thats not how they usually fight thats how they fight in this match.

there screwed since there already lost there advantage while cyce still retains his.

Black Adam
Hes just a human, any of them could take him out. Kraven shoots him from a distance.

Kraven's just a human. cyce shoots him from distance before he can pull the trigger.

David_Richards
fight takes place out the open. even if thats not how they usually fight thats how they fight in this match.

there screwed since there already lost there advantage while cyce still retains his.

So your stacking the fight in his favor by making them fight in a way they never would normally?

Why dont you just say they are tied up right in front of him and get it over with?

David_Richards
Kraven wouldnt be seen, he.d sit somewhere with a sniper rifle.

Kraven's just a human. cyce shoots him from distance before he can pull the trigger.

Black Adam
So your stacking the fight in his favor by making them fight in a way they never would normally?

Why dont you just say they are tied up right in front of him and get it over with?

i'm not the one who made the match out in the open..talk to the topic creator.

Tshern
How can you sneak on open ground without getting Cyclops' attention?

wolvertooth
listen, its an open place right but it doesnt mean they cant do anything, and you say craven takes him out? wolverine couldnt do it and you say craven can? you say kraven would do that and that well i can say too cyclops can shoot and blast craven too sand but it doesnt mean that thats what going to happen ,cyclops is not going to stand like a dummy he is going to move he is not a puppet he will outsmart and beat craven like a cat, sabretooth and wolverine felt to cyclops knees, craven wont even make it there

Grimm22
First, Ben should be below Iceman erm

Second, Torch incinerates him

wolvertooth
ye i know iceman is much harder then thing, but i wanted to give a pair of elemental heroes and then go with the super strength

Grimm22
ye i know iceman is much harder then thing, but i wanted to give a pair of elemental heroes and then go with the super strength

Iceman cant be defeated Phycically no expression

Thus, Cyclops cannot hurt him.

Unless this is current Iceman. Then Cyclops owns him yes

wolvertooth
cyclops can hurt him can you prove he cant? ice man made of ice, if cyclops hits him clear with a full charge optoc blast iceman goes down hard as hell, but iceman aint gona stand and wait he will be really hard i will give it to ice man

Grimm22
cyclops can hurt him can you prove he cant? ice man made of ice, if cyclops hits him clear with a full charge optoc blast iceman goes down hard as hell, but iceman aint gona stand and wait he will be really hard i will give it to ice man

Current Iceman has to ice-up before being invulnerable.

Although this only takes a few seconds, thats enough time for Cyclops to KO him with an optic blast.

Pre-Decimation, Iceman is invulnerable. The only way to truely beat him is to either mind rape him or destroy the earth no expression

wolvertooth
like i said he takes cyclops out unless cyclops heats him with a good optic blast, by the way when i talk about a character i always talk about the most recent version

Grimm22
like i said he takes cyclops out unless cyclops heats him with a good optic blast, by the way when i talk about a character i always talk about the most recent version

Then Iceman loses.

I see your point.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Grimm22
Current Iceman has to ice-up before being invulnerable.

Although this only takes a few seconds, thats enough time for Cyclops to KO him with an optic blast.

Pre-Decimation, Iceman is invulnerable. The only way to truely beat him is to either mind rape him or destroy the earth no expression

Just checking but....wouldn't that also mean Torch has to flame on? Which like Iceman takes a mere thought....

Grimm22
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Just checking but....wouldn't that also mean Torch has to flame on? Which like Iceman takes a mere thought....

Good point erm

Erg, now im confused laughing out loud

Tshern
Isn't Cyclops' blast concussive rather than heating?

ExodusCloak
Good point erm

Erg, now im confused laughing out loud

I hurt myself thinking....

Originally posted by Tshern
Isn't Cyclops' blast concussive rather than heating?

Yep it is...but you should hurt the Civil War #2 X-Men writer....

Metalmanx

1.craven

2.black cat

3.sabretooth

4.havok

5.wolverine

6.human torch

7.ice man

8.thing

9.iron man

10. thor

Stops at 7. Without a doubt. Cyke definitely has the means to take out Torch before Torch can make a move. We've seen just how powerful Cyke's blasts are, and we all know that HT doesn't exhibit superhuman durability.

Cyke kicks 1-6's asses, however.

Metalmanx

That's a damn good point.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Stops at 7. Without a doubt. Cyke definitely has the means to take out Torch before Torch can make a move. We've seen just how powerful Cyke's blasts are, and we all know that HT doesn't exhibit superhuman durability.

Cyke kicks 1-6's asses, however.

Honestly, if Cyke can take down Torch he can take down Iceman the same way erm

Im not 100% sure if Ben can take Cyke confused

I mean im sure that the blast would phase Ben, but I think he could probobly walk through it.

wolvertooth
2 words for you.... OPTIC ....BLAST http!!!!! ://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/howdysaysthedrow/X-Men/Blast3.jpg

manorastroman
aside from iceman, thor, and iron man, cyc clears it. assuming ben is a good twenty yards away.

celestialdemon
Stops at Iceman. Johnny has the potential to beat him, but I think it would take him too long to go nova. By that time, Cyclops would have knocked him out, especially since there's nowhere to hide.

Priest
if the visor is off, and cyclops is going all out, he gonna get past torch.
Iceman Stops him

Metalmanx
Honestly, if Cyke can take down Torch he can take down Iceman the same way erm

Im not 100% sure if Ben can take Cyke confused

I mean im sure that the blast would phase Ben, but I think he could probobly walk through it.

That is a good point you make, about the time it takes for him to Ice-Up if he isn't already.

However, if he does make it past Iceman, then I still see him defeating Thing as well. Don't get me wrong, Thing is hella-durable. But we've seen the things that Cyke has punched through with his blasts before, we've seen the damage they can cause. Ben won't be walking through it.

Assuming he gets past Iceman and then Thing...Cyke has A SMALL CHANCE of getting a win against Iron Man. But, obviously, it's more in Iron Man's favor here.

wolvertooth
i agree with you but if cyclops get iron man first with his blast i ron man is down , admit it iron man was hurt from weaker things that cyclops blasts

Blair Wind
Iceman can get blasted to pieces and still be alive, turn to miousture, freeze his molecules, vapor his head off (turn it into water vapor), freeze his balls off, go the superstrength route and make himself REALLY big with more ice mass.........Iceman 10/10

Grimm22
That is a good point you make, about the time it takes for him to Ice-Up if he isn't already.

However, if he does make it past Iceman, then I still see him defeating Thing as well. Don't get me wrong, Thing is hella-durable. But we've seen the things that Cyke has punched through with his blasts before, we've seen the damage they can cause. Ben won't be walking through it.

Assuming he gets past Iceman and then Thing...Cyke has A SMALL CHANCE of getting a win against Iron Man. But, obviously, it's more in Iron Man's favor here.

Thats what im wondering erm

Sixth_Winged
Well apparently, all his full power blast showings in the past have been retconned to just being a fraction of it's potencty. If we're using CBR rules here, thing is ****ed because Cyke can now tap into a higher power limit.

Omega-level
Stops at 6 or 7.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Well apparently, all his full power blast showings in the past have been retconned to just being a fraction of it's potencty. If we're using CBR rules here, thing is ****ed because Cyke can now tap into a higher power limit.

whats all this talk lately about Cyclops blast being more powerful or something? any scans I missed?

Grimm22
Honestly, I doubt that one blast from Cyke will KO torch erm

He has been taking beatings from Thing for years.

Then again, according to Mark Millar, being hit on the head with a bottle KO's him roll eyes (sarcastic)

Grimm22
Originally posted by Blair Wind
whats all this talk lately about Cyclops blast being more powerful or something? any scans I missed?

In the awful Civil War: X-men #2, its stated that Cyclops has never used more than 10% of his power before

ExodusCloak

Civil War X-Men #2...I'm sure you've picked that up...Icemans in it...

Grimm22

Dont forget Bear Beast! eek!

ExodusCloak
Dont forget Bear Beast! eek!

stick out tongue How could I forget that... sad

Grimm22
stick out tongue How could I forget that... sad

Still better than Cat beast if you ask me erm

How about Moose Beast! eek!

ExodusCloak
Still better than Cat beast if you ask me erm

How about Moose Beast! eek!

Moose>>Bear>Cat>Ape>Man smile

Grimm22
Moose>>Bear>Cat>Ape>Man smile

Nah Cat Beast is the worst erm

ExodusCloak
Nah Cat Beast is the worst erm

Nah-Uh... stick out tongue

http://www.mutanthigh.com/beast.jpg

Anyway back on topic... big grin

Cyclops' blast = Concussive blast so why did the Civil War writer make it a Heat blast?

Grimm22
Nah-Uh... stick out tongue

http://www.mutanthigh.com/beast.jpg

Anyway back on topic... big grin

Cyclops' blast = Concussive blast so why did the Civil War writer make it a Heat blast?

Well when drawn by Cassidy no stick out tongue

Astonishing Beast looks 10x better than Beast in New X-men erm

Darth Martin
That order is pretty messed up. I would have done it like this.

1. Black Cat
2. Kraven
3. Wolverine
4. Sabretooth
5. Havok
6. Human Torch
7. Thing
8. Iron Man
9. Iceman
10. Thor

Grimm22
Originally posted by Darth Martin
That order is pretty messed up. I would have done it like this.

1. Black Cat
2. Kraven
3. Wolverine
4. Sabretooth
5. Havok
6. Human Torch
7. Thing
8. Iron Man
9. Iceman
10. Thor

rock

Darth Martin
rock smile

pr1983

Asswipes...

ExodusCloak
Well when drawn by Cassidy no stick out tongue

Astonishing Beast looks 10x better than Beast in New X-men erm

That was kind of the point.... stick out tongue

Grimm22
That was kind of the point.... stick out tongue

Ah I see sweatdrop

Blair Wind

Havent had time to check them out yet.....is it in my scan thread?

ExodusCloak
Havent had time to check them out yet.....is it in my scan thread?

Yeah it should be in the Civil War Scan thread...

Blair Wind
Whats this everyone is talking about with heat? from that issue it just seemed like Bishop had too much energy and it felt like he was burning up.....not explicitly meaning that his beam is now "heat" erm

ExodusCloak
Shouldn't Bishop have been knocked out of the area...by the tremendous force...?

Blair Wind
well if he absorbs the energy, then wouldnt the force be nulled? I mean it might not actually happen often in comics with him (and Im not sure if it is or not) but if he just absorbs it wouldnt it NOT affect him (ala Havok to Cyclops?)

pr1983
Whats this everyone is talking about with heat? from that issue it just seemed like Bishop had too much energy and it felt like he was burning up.....not explicitly meaning that his beam is now "heat" erm

The 'fire and ice' stunt while fighting the sentinel...

rogue has overloaded bishop with cyke's beams before, and the force did knock him back... messed

ExodusCloak
What type of energy would the force be kinetic? I don't ever recall him absorbing kinetic energy...i.e. punches...

And he also has a limit.. iirc Esme overloaded him with Psionic Energy with ease....however against Mags in Fatal Attractions he did quite well...

Blair Wind
Originally posted by pr1983
The 'fire and ice' stunt while fighting the sentinel...

rogue has overloaded bishop with cyke's beams before, and the force did knock him back... messed

its a name.....I didnt see anything that would constitute as heat....I could be wrong though....but Ive seen plenty of posters that say the same thing. One that comes to mind is a double page of Cyclops and Iceman where it says (on cyclops) So hot....(on iceman) there cool! It was some random Wizard magazine that had a marvel ad

ExodusCloak
Where else have writers neglected the force part of his blasts...oh yeah Phoenix Endsong.. with Emma and X-Men #188 when Rogue stole Cykes and Emmes powers....

pr1983
its a name.....I didnt see anything that would constitute as heat....I could be wrong though....but Ive seen plenty of posters that say the same thing. One that comes to mind is a double page of Cyclops and Iceman where it says (on cyclops) So hot....(on iceman) there cool! It was some random Wizard magazine that had a marvel ad

The ice didnt just shatter, it turned into some weird vapour cloud thingy...

even cyclops' bios (and science of x-men), say there's no heat from his blasts...

Grimm22
Civil War: X-men has been awful so far.

I mean why did they change into those weird black outfits?!?! What the f**k?

There wasnt even a reason. They just did

brainchild81

1.craven

2.black cat

3.sabretooth

4.havok

5.wolverine

6.human torch

7.ice man

8.thing

9.iron man

10. thor He makes it to IronMan @ least

Blair Wind
no expression

badabing
Originally posted by brainchild81
He makes it to IronMan @ least Originally posted by Blair Wind
no expression
I'll second that Blair Wind. bnone

Sabretooth
I know this is going to sound hateful. Especially because I don't much care for Cyclops, but trying to stay unbiased I really don't think he beats anybody on this list more than 4/10 times and I don't think he beats Human Torch, Iron Man or Thor ever.

brainchild81
Originally posted by badabing
I'll second that Blair Wind. bnone What's that for?

Sixth_Winged
In the awful Civil War: X-men #2, its stated that Cyclops has never used more than 10% of his power before

it doesn't say any specific percentage

Blair Wind
What's that for?

Iceman deep freezes his molecues no expression

pr1983
Civil War: X-men has been awful so far.

I mean why did they change into those weird black outfits?!?! What the f**k?

There wasnt even a reason. They just did

They wanted to look cool while sticking it to the man...

Or something...

brainchild81
Iceman deep freezes his molecues no expression Doesn't he have to Ice up before he's all tuff n' stuff though? Can't Cyke just shoot him 1st?

Omega-level
Originally posted by Sabretooth
I know this is going to sound hateful. Especially because I don't much care for Cyclops, but trying to stay unbiased I really don't think he beats anybody on this list more than 4/10 times and I don't think he beats Human Torch, Iron Man or Thor ever.

You are being biased. This is a guy who took down an entire X-men team with broken ribs and after just wake up from a coma, Master Mold and even Apocalypse (X-factor #68) on his own, and he can't beat Black Cat?

Blair Wind
Doesn't he have to Ice up before he's all tuff n' stuff though? Can't Cyke just shoot him 1st?

He said Iceman, not bobby drake erm

Dinkus Mayhem
1. Craven = Scott with the win

2. Black Cat = same

3. Sabretooth = same

4. Havok = would be nothing more than a fist fight since each are immune to the other's power, but still Scott would win.

5. Wolverine = Scott takes his first loss (I would also like to take this moment to mention that Logan is an ass clown, that is all move along)

6. Human Torch = lose again

7. Ice Man = same

8. Thing = same

9. Iron Man = same

10. Thor = lose

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Dinkus Mayhem
1. Craven = Scott with the win

2. Black Cat = same

3. Sabretooth = same

4. Havok = would be nothing more than a fist fight since each are immune to the other's power, but still Scott would win.

5. Wolverine = Scott takes his first loss (I would also like to take this moment to mention that Logan is an ass clown, that is all move along)

6. Human Torch = lose again

7. Ice Man = same

8. Thing = same

9. Iron Man = same

10. Thor = lose

I disagree. Scott wails on 1-4. Then he proceeds to wail on Wolverine. Unless Wolverine suddenly gained the power Cosmic, what's his strategy for taking out Cyclops? He doesn't have one. Cyke beats him everytime unless Scott happens to be asleep at the time.

Human Torch gets beat as well. He can't dodge an optic blast from Scott fast enough to launch an attack himself.

Iceman, if already iced-up, is where Scott stops.

This is the only way that makes sense.

Ultraman Baltan
He gets to #4.

Sixth_Winged
I disagree. Scott wails on 1-4. Then he proceeds to wail on Wolverine. Unless Wolverine suddenly gained the power Cosmic, what's his strategy for taking out Cyclops? He doesn't have one. Cyke beats him everytime unless Scott happens to be asleep at the time.

Human Torch gets beat as well. He can't dodge an optic blast from Scott fast enough to launch an attack himself.

damn right.

Omega-level

Damn right indeed.

Actually, Logan did caught Cyclops asleep in Astonishing and STILL got his ass kicked. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.