Sidious & Maul vs. Anakin, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Kit Fisto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quinlan_Vos
ROTS Sidious & TPM Darth Maul vs.

ROTS Anakin, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Kit Fisto

darthsith19
Well, because Obi-Wan wouldn't really be much good helping the other Jedi team up on Sidious just as he wasn't any good helping Anakin with Dooku the best bet would be for Obi-Wan to take on Mace. The I can see Anakin, Kit and Qui-Gon being able to kill Sidious since Anakin alone is close to him, though Kit will probably die and Qui-Gon might, too. And Kenobi will be able to defeat Maul, so the Jedi win.

Blue_Hefner
Anakin wins.

Advent
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Anakin wins.

QFT.

Blue_Hefner
His group I mean.

Adas
Sidious isn't much better than Anakin, and I would put Fisto slightly higher than Maul. There is also the fact that Sidious won't mesh well with Maul due to his saber staff. The jedi have this in the bag.

Darth_Glentract
The darksiders take this. Sidious owned Kit, who is about as good as Qui-gon in my book. Sidious takes Qui-gon, and Kit in less then thirty seconds, then proceeds to defeat Obi-wan a short time after. Maul is easily capable of fighting off Anakin for at least as long as it would take for Sidious to defeat the other three and assist him.

Darth Sexy
Um.. Maul isn't on ROTS Anakin's level.

Darth_Glentract
It's true that Anakin would defeat Mual, but I think that Maul could easily last long enough for Sidious to come over and help him.

Blue_Hefner
Look out what Anakin did to Obi Wan, who was a better duelist than Maul, in the first few seconds of their duel, then tell me if you still Maul could last that long.

Adas
Anakin would easily defeat Maul.

Escape81
Anakin defeated Count Dooku, but it was a difficult fight. According to George Lucas, Dooku's potential didn't come close to Palpatine's own, which implies that Sidious could defeat Dooku in an all out fight without it being "epic".

Anakin and Palpatine are close in lightsaber combat (and this is when Palpatine is thirteen years out of practice) and I've never denied it. But, Anakin (at this point) is quite a bit below the likes of Palpatine, Yoda and Mace (and perhaps Dooku) in terms of the Force.

Sidious > Anakin by the time of Revenge of the Sith.

I don't see Maul being slaughtered by anyone in about three seconds, in a sheer lightsaber duel, which was what happened to Kit when he fought against Palpatine.

Well, firstly, Maul was personally trained by Palpatine from infancy. I'd say that they know how the other fights, and can become coordinated with it.

Secondly, in any case, what does it matter? This isn't like it's Anakin and Obi-Wan versus Count Dooku, where they are fighting a single opponent. Sidious is taking on three of them, while Maul is holding off Anakin.

What I predict:

- Palpatine WTFpwns Qui-Gon and Kit Fisto, either via his superior lightsaber skills or his vastly superior Force powers. They're dead, either way.

- Maul proceeds to hold off Anakin (Anakin > Maul, yes, but Anakin won't be killing him in a few seconds)

- Palpatine then either kills Obi-Wan (who is his inferior in all aspects) by either pulling a Dooku and obliterating him with the Force, or overcoming him with his Force assaults and saber moves.

- Palpatine then proceeds to either a) save Maul or b) watch as Maul is disembowled by Anakin, and then kills Anakin.

The jedi have this in the bag.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Escape81
Anakin defeated Count Dooku, but it was a difficult fight. According to George Lucas, Dooku's potential didn't come close to Palpatine's own, which implies that Sidious could defeat Dooku in an all out fight without it being "epic".

Anakin and Palpatine are close in lightsaber combat (and this is when Palpatine is thirteen years out of practice) and I've never denied it. But, Anakin (at this point) is quite a bit below the likes of Palpatine, Yoda and Mace (and perhaps Dooku) in terms of the Force.

Sidious > Anakin by the time of Revenge of the Sith.

I don't see Maul being slaughtered by anyone in about three seconds, in a sheer lightsaber duel, which was what happened to Kit when he fought against Palpatine.

Well, firstly, Maul was personally trained by Palpatine from infancy. I'd say that they know how the other fights, and can become coordinated with it.

Secondly, in any case, what does it matter? This isn't like it's Anakin and Obi-Wan versus Count Dooku, where they are fighting a single opponent. Sidious is taking on three of them, while Maul is holding off Anakin.

What I predict:

- Palpatine WTFpwns Qui-Gon and Kit Fisto, either via his superior lightsaber skills or his vastly superior Force powers. They're dead, either way.

- Maul proceeds to hold off Anakin (Anakin > Maul, yes, but Anakin won't be killing him in a few seconds)

- Palpatine then either kills Obi-Wan (who is his inferior in all aspects) by either pulling a Dooku and obliterating him with the Force, or overcoming him with his Force assaults and saber moves.

- Palpatine then proceeds to either a) save Maul or b) watch as Maul is disembowled by Anakin, and then kills Anakin.

The jedi have this in the bag.

If Sidious ends up killing Anakin, how do the Jedi have this in the bag?

Himo
Sidious does what he did in the council room in ROTS. Maul holds Anakin. Sidious kills Obi. Anakin kills Maul. Sidious kills Anakin.

General Kon-El
Sith wins provided the reason that Glentract stated.

Escape81
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
If Sidious ends up killing Anakin, how do the Jedi have this in the bag?

Sorry, that was a quote left over from Sith'ari.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
The darksiders take this. Sidious owned Kit, who is about as good as Qui-gon in my book. Sidious takes Qui-gon, and Kit in less then thirty seconds, then proceeds to defeat Obi-wan a short time after. Maul is easily capable of fighting off Anakin for at least as long as it would take for Sidious to defeat the other three and assist him.
Yes, I could see that happening. However, I believe that if Obi-Wan took on Maul while Anakin fought Sidious (along with Qui-Gon and Kit) then the Jedi'd win, but if things happened your way then I do see the Sith winning.

Darth Sexy
Do people actually think TPM Maul is better than ROTS Obiwan, because I personally don't. Not to mention that it was only Dooku who was capable of breaking through Obiwan's defenses.

Escape81
Do people actually think TPM Maul is better than ROTS Obiwan, because I personally don't. Not to mention that it was only Dooku who was capable of breaking through Obiwan's defenses.

Dooku did that with the Force. Obi-Wan's defenses aren't impenetrable, but they are perhaps the best in the movies. But his offense sucks.

Darth Sexy
but can MAUL break them? I don't think so.

Advent
I don't know how Maul would be able to cotend with Anakin for more than a minute (and that's even stretching it).

We all know Anakin is arrogant, and learned to use his anger, fear, and so on as a weapon. Obi-Wan in TPM was able to break Maul's saber due to the fact he was:

1.) Quick.
2.) Enraged.

Obviously if TPM "Padawan" Kenobi can take out Maul's saber, I'm very certain Anakin can do the same, but actually kill him, and in less time. Anakin is quick, better with a saber, and uses his emotions as weapons that make him near invincible when thinking clearly, as demonstrated against Dooku. Kenobi broke Maul's saber in 16 seconds. Anakin dropped Dooku in less than a minute, and for a part of it, was set off his game by Dooku's taunt, so he wasn't fighting as well. To assume Maul will last longer than Kenobi, Qui-Gon, and Kit is ridiculous. And there's no way Darth Maul's line...

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge."

...will interrupt Anakin, and I less doubt that Maul will last thirty seconds. Maul is not in the same league as Dooku, and an enraged TPM Kenobi is twenty thousand leagues under the sea from ROTS Anakin.

I know Maul is better than Kenobi, but it specifically states in the TPM novelization that because Kenobi is quick, he was able to anticipate Maul's moves, where Qui-Gon could not. We all know Anakin is fast, and far better. If Anakin engages Maul, I'd say he takes out Maul before Obi-Wan goes down. Either way Kit Fisto, and Qui-Gon die yet again. And so does Maul whatever way you look at it.

Now, that's just if Anakin engages Maul. If Anakin engages Sidious, he can definitely hold him off long enough so that Obi-Wan beats the shit out of Maul, and I'm fairly certain Anakin and Obi-Wan will overcome Sidious in a pure saber match. I doubt Sidious will be using many Force powers in such a small environment, and with so many people attacking at once. I mean, he could take Kit and Qui-Gon out with the Force, but then Anakin would be there to engage him with a lightsaber.

I'd give this match to the Jedi the majority of the time.

but can MAUL break them? I don't think so.

I definitely don't think so. In fact, I know so. Maul cannot break Obi-Wan's force defense nor saber defenses. In saber defense especially. Obi-Wan would tear Maul's shit up, and so would Anakin.

darthsith19
Do note that ROTS Anakin's saber skills are only one level higher than TPM Obi-Wan's (when he was using the Dark Side) according to Nick Gillard, who is not always right I'm just saying. smile

Advent
Okay? Then Nick Gillard has no clue what he's talking about. Why? Because Anakin is rated a level 9 along with Mace Windu, Yoda, and Sidious. So, we don't really need to take "note" of anything.

I don't think he made that statement before ROTS, ergo it's perfectly viable to say that statement is void. He says that "Obi-Wan is a level 8 - he's moved up" in The Making of ROTS. And along with that, as previously mentioned he rates Anakin, Sidious, Mace, and Yoda on the same level. So, that point really holds no water. Not saying you're actually making a point, just relaying it out there.

Darth Sexy
Lol, what Sama said.

darthsith19
NG said that Anakin only became a level 9 when he turned to the Dark Side and becaume Vader. Anakin as a Jedi's a level 8.

Quinlan_Vos
NG just teaches the actors how to swordfight, I don't see how he gets to decide who's what level and all.

darthsith19
Cause from teaching them he can accurately judge how good they are with a blade.

Advent
Originally posted by darthsith19
NG said that Anakin only became a level 9 when he turned to the Dark Side and becaume Vader. Anakin as a Jedi's a level 8.

Uh, Nick Gillard denies the existence of Vaapad. Your point? If you want to take "levels", I'll go by RPG Sourcebooks, and Vader is more powerful than Exar Kun. Marka Ragnos > NJO Luke by "stats".

Cause from teaching them he can accurately judge how good they are with a blade.

No, he obvious cannot. Because you're saying Obi-Wan is level 8, and so is Anakin. Make sense? No, because a lightside Anakin would beat the shit out of Obi-Wan. He's also plainly better, this is obvious. Nick Gillard = not an authority. Stupid to even bring it up.

Nikkolas
Palpatine kills Qui-Gon and Kit, watches Maul die and decides to hightail it. Those who are smart and run away live to fight another day...when the odds and numbers are more even.

darthsith19
If it's stupid to bring it up then why did you bring it up in the Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Grievous vs. Sidious thread? And not all level 8's are equally as strong, you think every level 8 swordfighter is exzctly even? That's riduculous.

Adas
That's true Advent, you did use NG as a source in an earlier thread...

Advent
If it's stupid to bring it up then why did you bring it up in the Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Grievous vs. Sidious thread?

I did not bring it up in that thread. If you can find it anywhere in that thread coming from me - I'll give you $100. Here's the link:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=418679&perpage=40&highlight=&pagenumber=1

You'll be hard pressed to find it, as I made the comment in the "Kyle Katarn vs. ROTS Palpatine" thread. But that's besides the point.

I made that comment before I knew Nick Gillard was rating characters that don't deserve to be on equal levels, and being a lunatic. Hence, you can see my obvious difference in arguing here from there. And like I said in that thread:

Originally posted by Advent
I'm not going to say that Nick Gillard is right in anyway,

Obviously, he isn't right. And because of such, my comment in that thread holds no water - not that it did anyways.

Did I ever actually state that? Ah, shit. No, I didn't. What I implied was that Obi-Wan is not in the same league as Anakin. And, I do want to ask for proof where Anakin is stated to go SSJ, and turned level 9 when he turns to the Darkside, as your friend - Nick Gillard - did say this:

"...I had to give them levels," he (Nick Gillard) said, "Sidious is a level nine . On this film, Obi is eight - he's moved up - Anakin is a nine; Mace is a nine, Yoda is a nine. They're up there with Sidious."

-- Page 133, The Making of ROTS.

Now, I don't give a shit about Nick Gillard's "authority", as I now realize he has none, but show me where Anakin turns level 9 SSJ said by Gillard, so as I can see what it actually says.

kamikz
Nick also said that Anakin was the most powerful person in the galaxy by ROTS. He is not a source to go by, he just states his opinion. Truly, if he was right, then Anakin would have WTFpwned Kenobi on Mustafar, Mace would never have Vaapad, and Cin Drallig would been near equal to Anakin saber and force wise....

And TPM Obi being close to Anakin saber wise, no...just no...

darthsith19
My mistake, wrong thread.

Yes, I do, you only use Nick Gillard when he agrees with you, but when he says something that you don't like you say what he says doesn't mean shit.

I believe it was in the OT extra features DVD when their talking about the battle between Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Advent
Yes, I do, you only use Nick Gillard when he agrees with you, but when he says something that you don't like you say what he says doesn't mean shit.

Oh really? I even used Nick Gillard as a key point for my argument? No, no I did not. I even stated that he is "not right in anyway" two times. And in this thread, I said this:

"Obviously, he isn't right. And because of such, my comment in that thread holds no water - not that it did anyways."

Give me the name of what feature it is. I have the OT on DVD, so I'll gladly look that up.

Adas
I agree with DS.
Advent, hypocrite much?

Advent
Adas, if you agree with someone, clearly that's not good for their side.

We already know you're here to annoy, and be a nuisance. How am I hypocritical? I never said Nick Gillard is right, ergo how is saying he's now wrong after I found new information "hypocritical"? I even said the opposite that he isn't right in anyway. And I said that even before I knew Gillard was rating people like a moron.

Hypocritical? Hardly. Adas, dumbshit much? Yeah.

Adas
Originally posted by Advent
Adas, if you agree with someone, clearly that's good for their side. Yeah.

Why thank you Advent.

Advent
No problem. Always there to support a loved one. *hug*.

Adas
love

darthsith19
Then why did you everbring it up in the first place? And I also said "according to Nick Gillard, who is not always right I'm just saying.".
Originally posted by Adas
I agree with DS.
Advent, hypocrite much?
Why, thank you Adas.

Not really, he only does it to you. He's actually a verygood debator.

Advent
Not really, he only does it to you. He's actually a verygood debator.

Erm, yeah. He has annoyed Spartan for no reason (harassing him about what happened at EoD), he has mocked Darth Sexy for reasons unknown, he does annoy Escape as I'm sure, and of course, me.

Only me? Next time get your facts straight before you type. As I can see from everyone of your posts, that has yet to happen - so good luck on your future endeavours.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.