Gladiator vs. Drax the Destroyer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JOE NUNEZ
No gem, latest versions of both characters.

Psyquis52
*whistles* Ummmm.

I'm leaning towards Drax. 6/10

Lucid Lui
We haven't really seen enough of Drax IMO. But he did take out Lunatik pretty easily.

I'l gho with Gladiator 6-7/10 for now.

MightyEInherjar
First off, this would be a SWEET fight. I think it'd be really close, but going with Gladiator...barely.

Gladiator 11/20

Horrificus
I'm afraid I have to go with Drax.
He has no power access problem like Gladiator. Unlike Gladiator, it doesn't matter if he "get's his wittle feewings hewt", he is still as strong and powerful as ever. Not so with Gladiator. If he gets his ego bruised, it's curtains.
I think, after 15 seconds of fighting Drax, Gladiator starts questioning whether he is going to get out of the fight alive.
And, he should.
Drax, 8/10

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Horrificus
I'm afraid I have to go with Drax.
He has no power access problem like Gladiator. Unlike Gladiator, it doesn't matter if he "get's his wittle feewings hewt", he is still as strong and powerful as ever. Not so with Gladiator. If he gets his ego bruised, it's curtains.
I think, after 15 seconds of fighting Drax, Gladiator starts questioning whether he is going to get out of the fight alive.
And, he should. Ahh, Here we go again. Someone who has no idea what they're talking about.

Gladiator fought Tyrant, didn't lose confidence at all. In fact, throughout the whole fight, he remained completely confident. He volunteered for a mission that'd put him against the Beyonder. He was conspiring to take out Thanos. He's gone up against the absolute best Marvel has to offer, confidence never wavered.

The whole confidence thing is crap. It's only played a factor in what? 2 of his fights? And both time it was because someone significantly weaker than him manages to surprise him.

So yeah, isn't gonna happen.

Horrificus
...um, yeah.

cou (Cannonball) gh!

He still sucks. Sorry.

He had confidence around Tyrant, because he felt safe with all the other heavyweights there.
He was like a little lady surrounded by big strong blackbelts!
Hehe.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Horrificus
He had confidence around Tyrant, because he felt safe with all the other heavyweights there.
He was like a little lady surrounded by big strong blackbelts!
Hehe. Yeah, that's why he took more hits and lasted longer than anyone but Surfer. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Horrificus
Tyrant just felt bad about hitting Glads, and was pulling his punches.
He knew how sensitive Gladiator is.

If he had his own comic, the title would look something like this:

Gladiator!
The Sensitive Hero

Lucid Lui
In other words, you have no real point to make so you revert to pure haterism.

How incredibly juvenile.

the Darkone
Gladiator wins the majority, Gladiator is faster, stronger, more durable and flies at warp-speed.

rotiart
Gladiator is a darksinned mohawk version of superman... He even has a female cousin with powers like his!

Superman wins... i means glads..

Horrificus
Originally posted by the Darkone
Gladiator wins the majority, Gladiator is faster, stronger, more durable and flies at warp-speed.

Current Drax has NEVER been overpowered by an opponent in 1 on 1 combat. Can you say that about Gladiator?

Drax is also capable of hyper speeds, easily travelling around the universe when he feels like it.

Gladiator has been "bloodied" in battle, even with low-level characters. Drax has not been.

Drax always has the same top-tier performance and strength.
Gladiator is all over the place with his showings, regardless of the reasons.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
In other words, you have no real point to make so you revert to pure haterism.

How incredibly juvenile.

This isn't the high school bus. There is no such word as "Haterism".
And, even if there was, I do not HATE a comic book character! Holy Crap!

I just know that Drax is basically a natural force of the universe, originally created by an abstract entity for the sole purpose of defeating Thanos. And his most recent incarnation is nothing more than that concept taken to the nth level.

Gladiator is just a type of alien eternal. Powerful, but full of weaknesses that get exploited, and have brought him down over and over.

the Darkone
Current Drax is low class 100 6/7 and doesn't have any of cosmic powers. As where Gladiator strength is up their with Thor, Immortal Hercules, Savage Hulk, Count Nefaria etc, he's faster than Drax, more durable, and a better fighter. Gladiator will overwhelm Drax with is speed, strength and warrior skills.

Horrificus
Current Drax is low class 100 6/7 and doesn't have any of cosmic powers. As where Gladiator strength is up their with Thor, Immortal Hercules, Savage Hulk, Count Nefaria etc, he's faster than Drax, more durable, and a better fighter. Gladiator will overwhelm Drax with is speed, strength and warrior skills.

Unless he doesn't.

the Darkone
He does, Gladiator will snatch him and take into space where Gladiator as all the advantage.

Horrificus
He does, Gladiator will snatch him and take into space where Gladiator as all the advantage.

Dude. I don't understand what you are talking about.
Drax has flight, speed, strength and energy blasts, and has proven to be more durable than Gladiator. Gladiator gets hurt and knocked out A LOT.
Not so with Drax.
So, how does Gladiator have the advantage in space?

the Darkone
Current Drax doesn't fly anymore or have any of his energy blast, where the hell have you been. Current Drax is not even inthe same class as Thor, Immortal Hercules, Savage Hulk, Count Nefaria, Silver Surfer, The Sentry in strength, Drax is just as strong as Colossus and current juggernaut, Gladiator would beat the old Drax also since he wasn't to bright at all.

the Darkone
Drax is not more durable than Gladiator since this the fourth time that Drax has died.

darthgoober
Current Drax doesn't fly anymore or have any of his energy blast, where the hell have you been. Current Drax is not even inthe same class as Thor, Immortal Hercules, Savage Hulk, Count Nefaria, Silver Surfer, The Sentry in strength, Drax is just as strong as Colossus and current juggernaut, Gladiator would beat the old Drax also since he wasn't to bright at all.
I'm sorry but the old Drax could make Glads his b*tch at will.

Horrificus
First of all, we use the character at peak performance.

Second of all, you need to read up on his deaths.

Guard down, killed by daughter in psychic attack.

Killed in a fight with the Blood Brothers, Lunatik and Super-Skrull. While thinking his daughter is in danger nearby, and thinking Thanos is part of the group as well, with his mind coming and going.

Not such a bad showing. Like, say, loosing to Cannonball!

Lucid Lui
You say we use the the characters at peak performance, yet you bring up low showings for Gladiator in the same post.

Bias anyone?

Horrificus
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
You say we use the the characters at peak performance, yet you bring up low showings for Gladiator in the same post.

Bias anyone?

Wrong.
Drax has different incarnations.
Gladiator has one.
My point was to use Drax at his best.

Consistency is a big factor in a battle. Gladiator is very powerful, but his performance is very off and on. Drax has very steady showings.

I have to go with the more solid character. Mainly, Drax at his best.

the Darkone
The thread stater means current characters, that means current Drax is not powerful enough to f**k with Gladiator, this the same Gladiator that moves planets and collapses stars and flies at warp-speed. Drax was powerful at his other incarnations but still got served by Thanos who didn't even have an upgrade by death.

Horrificus
The thread stater means current characters, that means current Drax is not powerful enough to f**k with Gladiator, this the same Gladiator that moves planets and collapses stars and flies at warp-speed. Drax was powerful at his other incarnations but still got served by Thanos who didn't even have an upgrade by death.

Uh oh. Are you saying that Gladiator can take Thanos too?
I hope not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.