Carling Festivals '06

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

exanda kane
I just got back from a weekend of drugs, alchohol and debauchery, did anyone else go?

I actually think its one of the best festivals I've been to there for years, despite the line up not looking so promising leading up to it. Anyone else think this? Or just me...

cole2005
Reading was just awesome, spen 5 days completely wrecked, and met a load of people. The music was amazing too, I think my favourite performance was Maximo Park,the atmosphere was great. But for pure music Muse were untouchable!

Flying High
i wish i was there lol...maybe go next year smile

Alpha Centauri
I know someone who went to Reading. He said The Raconteurs were the best band he saw, which doesn't surprise me.

I think the highlight was MCR getting bottled, or Brandon from Panic! getting knocked out by a bottle.

-AC

Flying High
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I know someone who went to Reading. He said The Raconteurs were the best band he saw, which doesn't surprise me.

I think the highlight was MCR getting bottled, or Brandon from Panic! getting knocked out by a bottle.

-AC
yeah...my dad saw the racounteurs for t on the fringe (woulda gone..but it woulda been 4 gigs in a row and i had school stick out tongue )

but yeah...he said they were one of the best live bands he's seen in a long time...aparently they sound very 70s rock live and Brendan Benson and Jack White like...play off of eachother...

and he was successful in making me wish i had actually gone mad

exanda kane

-AC

I saw him get hit in the face with it, was amusing, but I gained a little more respect for the guy himself when he got up and carried on with the show, ethey even attempted Karma police, albeit a poor cover version of it.

I personally didn't care for the Raconteurs, but the Subways, the Vines, Dizzee Rascal and Maximo Park were all fantastic. Even the Arctic Monkeys, despite me disliking them alot since they managed to get a sub-headlining slot with just one album, were great to watch.

Flying High
yeah...i hate to admit that i was really impressed with the arctic monkeys at t in the park...i really wanted to hate them...

still not as good as the hype...but still pretty good... smile

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by exanda kane
I personally didn't care for the Raconteurs, but the Subways, the Vines, Dizzee Rascal and Maximo Park were all fantastic. Even the Arctic Monkeys, despite me disliking them alot since they managed to get a sub-headlining slot with just one album, were great to watch.

I'll be honest, I stopped reading when I detected that you were going to say something positive about The Subways.

-AC

Victor Von Doom

One of those artists is good.

Guess which?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
One of those artists is good.

Guess which?

....Arctic Monkeys?

Victor Von Doom
You're silly.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
You're silly.

The Vines?

Dr. Strangelove
The Raconteurs?

Bardock42
Maximo Park?

exanda kane
No, they were all great, despite AC's comment about the Subways, doesn't bear any weight with me, especially since they were possibly the best live the whole weekend. And I admit too, I really wanted to hate the
Arctic Monkeys, but there set was almost flawless.

Ice T's metal band were rather good too, as much as I love to hate metal and the greasy Tool fans you see you about.

Seems like the american bands are the ones who hit the brunt of the booing.

Bardock42
as much as I love to hate metal and the greasy Tool fans you see you about.

....what?

Alpha Centauri
No, they were all great, despite AC's comment about the Subways, doesn't bear any weight with me, especially since they were possibly the best live the whole weekend. And I admit too, I really wanted to hate the
Arctic Monkeys, but there set was almost flawless.

Ice T's metal band were rather good too, as much as I love to hate metal and the greasy Tool fans you see you about.

Seems like the american bands are the ones who hit the brunt of the booing.

Hahaha, the funny thing is, you're calling Arctic Monkeys flawless and saying The Subways were the best band there, your comment doesn't bear any weight anywhere.

Yeah, the shit American bands. The Raconteurs got a blinding ovation. What's your point? Oh yeah, you're an idiotic patriot. The fact that you like Dizzee Rascal says it all.

The man comes out, says half a line then has his additional man say the rest, or the crowd say the rest.

Your music taste is despicable.

-AC

exanda kane
Hahaha, the funny thing is, you're calling Arctic Monkeys flawless and saying The Subways were the best band there, your comment doesn't bear any weight anywhere.

Yeah, the shit American bands. The Raconteurs got a blinding ovation. What's your point? Oh yeah, you're an idiotic patriot. The fact that you like Dizzee Rascal says it all.

The man comes out, says half a line then has his additional man say the rest, or the crowd say the rest.

Your music taste is despicable.

-AC

Jesus, what is your problem...I hope everyone else sees this as completely uneccesary comment, because I certainly do. Please stop trying to be argumentative and condescending and just respect the opinion of someone who actually went.

Flying High
i like the subways,...or i atleast like a few of their songs...i dont see why i shouldn't...

oh and did anyone that went see we are scientists...i saw a clip on youtube of their entrace...lmao stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
respect the opinion of someone who actually went.

I do. The guy I know who went and said Arctic Monkeys were shit, a guy with significantly better taste.

-AC

exanda kane
I do. The guy I know who went and said Arctic Monkeys were shit, a guy with significantly better taste.

-AC

Your imaginary friend? Sitting miserly in the corner while thousands of people danced around to a band that have been way overhyped but delievered unexpectantly? Just sitting there with the three other people droll enough to watch the Racontuers?

I hope you noticed that I never said I liked any of the bands I thought were good before, I never said I liked Dizze Rascal, I never said I liked the Subways, I never said I liked the Vines, I only said I disliked the Arctic Monkeys, and yet they were all fantastic live acts.
You seem to think you know my taste in music when you have only ever argued with me over insignificant given facts over the internet (Note for you, if we take the english definition of legendary, we see that its determined by the amount of people who have heard of Radiohead's music, and that my friend, isn't a significant slice of the population).

I really do not see your problem with me, but then I realise you are like this to anyone. Please stop posting in every topic I post in with your childish agenda and actually get along with some people. Yes, you may be well within your rights to be an argumentative kid here, but I can only watch without suprise as you reply with another snidy, arrogant and dismissive comment, you'll gain no respect from me. That's the life of a forum troll, no respect from anyone, enjoy it.

Alpha Centauri
Your imaginary friend? Sitting miserly in the corner while thousands of people danced around to a band that have been way overhyped but delievered unexpectantly? Just sitting there with the three other people droll enough to watch the Racontuers?

I hope you noticed that I never said I liked any of the bands I thought were good before, I never said I liked Dizze Rascal, I never said I liked the Subways, I never said I liked the Vines, I only said I disliked the Arctic Monkeys, and yet they were all fantastic live acts.
You seem to think you know my taste in music when you have only ever argued with me over insignificant given facts over the internet (Note for you, if we take the english definition of legendary, we see that its determined by the amount of people who have heard of Radiohead's music, and that my friend, isn't a significant slice of the population).

I really do not see your problem with me, but then I realise you are like this to anyone. Please stop posting in every topic I post in with your childish agenda and actually get along with some people. Yes, you may be well within your rights to be an argumentative kid here, but I can only watch without suprise as you reply with another snidy, arrogant and dismissive comment, you'll gain no respect from me. That's the life of a forum troll, no respect from anyone, enjoy it.

This is all pointless from your point of view, because...you like The Subways, you like Arctic Monkeys and you are a well know pro-UK anti-American when it comes to music.

I've long since realised that you're a xenophobic fool who can't debate seriously. So I'll laugh at your music taste and insecure post and continue about my day.

Oh, and The Raconteurs got the biggest crowd of any of the other stages, and we're also headlining their respective stage.

-AC

exanda kane
This is all pointless from your point of view, because...you like The Subways, you like Arctic Monkeys and you are a well know pro-UK anti-American when it comes to music.

I've long since realised that you're a xenophobic fool who can't debate seriously. So I'll laugh at your music taste and insecure post and continue about my day.

Oh, and The Raconteurs got the biggest crowd of any of the other stages, and we're also headlining their respective stage.

-AC

Why am I somehow pro UK? Please explain that to me, and how the hell can I be a xenophobic...last time I looked Americans were still human.

Apart from that, I'll not take what someone internet troll says as the truth, especially when I know it's not. If you care to lecture me about my festival experience then please, come out of your bedroom, out of your parents house, and go to a festival yourself, then I could take you half seriously.

Oh, and I think you'll find they didn't even get a mention from the hudnreds of people that passed my tent and stopped for a chat and a beer.

exanda kane
And I started this post to discuss, in a friendly and appreciative manner, my festival experience and those who also went, not the second hand opinions of someone, who quite frankly, needs to stop destroying other peoples contributions to the community and get a life.

Bardock42

-AC

Haha, someone sure is a hardcore fan.

StinkFist462

-AC

so people need to have expert debating skills to have any respectable taste in music? that makes absolutely no sense.

for the record Broken Boy Soldier is possibly the biggest let down i've heard so far this year. i'd take Whatever People Say I Am I'm Not over that garbage any day.

Alpha Centauri
Why am I somehow pro UK? Please explain that to me, and how the hell can I be a xenophobic...last time I looked Americans were still human.

You've said it before, unless you were lying to make yourself look xenophobic.

Oh, and if you're stupid enough to believe "xenophobic" refers to aliens, then...well.

Apart from that, I'll not take what someone internet troll says as the truth, especially when I know it's not. If you care to lecture me about my festival experience then please, come out of your bedroom, out of your parents house, and go to a festival yourself, then I could take you half seriously.

I'm not lecturing you about your festival experience, if you liked The Subways, then you liked The Subways.

If you didn't like such turgid shit, in my opinion, I'd take you half seriously. You don't have the necessary perceptive skills to be taken seriously when you're out there claiming The Subways and Arctic Monkeys are good.

Furthermore, many people made comments about what you said, not just me. You chose to reply saying "No, they were all great.". I understand your right to think that, but you obviously don't understand my right to disagree.

Oh, and I think you'll find they didn't even get a mention from the hudnreds of people that passed my tent and stopped for a chat and a beer.

So? They headlined the stage they were on and drew one of the biggest crowds, that's a fact.

I somehow doubt you chatted to hundreds of people about The Raconteurs.

Originally posted by StinkFist462
so people need to have expert debating skills to have any respectable taste in music? that makes absolutely no sense.

Who implied that? I said he can't debate properly and that I laughed at his taste. They were two different claims.

Originally posted by StinkFist462
for the record Broken Boy Soldier is possibly the biggest let down i've heard so far this year. i'd take Whatever People Say I Am I'm Not over that garbage any day.

Then I consider that a shit choice and horrible perception, you don't, and I'm sure you don't give a shit what I think. So we're going to go nowhere.

The only people who have a problem with their taste being criticised are those who care about what others think.

-AC

StinkFist462
hey AC, what did you honestly think of Broken Boy Soldier? just curious.

Alpha Centauri
I thought it was good.

I'd have thought that was obvious.

-AC

exanda kane
I would love to indulge you again AC, but its really not worth it. Yet again, I stop posting in a thread because you follow my posts around talk bollocks around them.

exanda kane
And, and for the record, I did chat to hundreds of people, I'm an optimistic, social person unlike some individuals, and of all there own opinions of the day, yes those many opinions, not one did mention the Raconteurs...so bringing in the biggest crowds? I think you need to get some facts right.

Flying High
instead of judging people's ENTIRE music tastes on the fact that they like one band you dislike...could you not just try and kind a band that yous both like and TRY and get along...

the music forum has got to be where i feel most intimidated by people around because im always concious of people waiting to pounce and rip my music tastes to shreads...why can't people just try and be nice to one another...you may even find you...*shock shock horror horror* LIKE eachother...

besides...i happen to like a wide variety of music but i can manage to get along with those who don't like the same ones as me...

(please don't correct my grammer or spelling or anything like that in your reponse to this post, try and stick to answering the post)

Alpha Centauri
And, and for the record, I did chat to hundreds of people, I'm an optimistic, social person unlike some individuals, and of all there own opinions of the day, yes those many opinions, not one did mention the Raconteurs...so bringing in the biggest crowds? I think you need to get some facts right.

This doesn't change the fact that The Raconteurs packed out the stage they were on...and they were a headlining act.

-AC

exanda kane
This doesn't change the fact that The Raconteurs packed out the stage they were on...and they were a headlining act.

-AC

As were Maximo Park and Primal Scream. Your probably cynical about those bands too.

Alpha Centauri
As were Maximo Park and Primal Scream. Your probably cynical about those bands too.

Maximo Park, yes. Primal Scream I like.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.